Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 MrStarkiller
Member since 2008 • 18984 Posts

>lesson learned early

I see.

>especially W3

Good.  One should expect trouble to return for you only with PAIN+ on that note.

>W1 is still patchy

>minimal damage

Good enough for now.

>check out some vids

By all means.  OH is safer, but air OS can work quite nicely (just risky on-landing and Juggs can slap your agent away).

>RotT for break-out

I just find it unlikely for one to get caught with petrification in a dangerous instant kill case like this.  Perhaps with a missed RBP after reverse (from excitement).

>practice more

That's largely what it comes down to.  Even if that means doing as I noted to others in the past.  Ignore all run conditions to get back where you left off quickly (even skip if you are able to manage it).  Just be sure to return and do things properly for the final handling.

>various ways

Like those I'd noted?

>SoD t1 on Satyr fake-out

I don't see why not.  T works.  This is also a straight launcher.  Icarus Ascension should also work.  It seems like straight launchers ignore it while bounce will not override the counter (and perhaps not knockback either *so PS might get countered like Valor does*).

>mess with power through methods

Very well.

>flat

The main, open area is.  I think the hall attached might be too.  I forget.

>360 toss Legionnaires from range

Medium or otherwise.  X toss when close to just one.  If surrounded (and they're not largely in front), just use 360 toss anyway.  Long range is more the concern of Fates Sentry tosses.  The long hall is best for this.  They'll charge the barriers and you can toss as they are about to drop to easily land the ranged collision before running past them (leaving them stuck in the hall and you in the open area to do the same thing again).  You'll have LOTS of 'ammo' for collision tactics.  For more than a Cyclops can survive even with lots of wasted agents during attempts on the targets.

>start with launch to OH infinite for "O" then 360 toss for Legionnaires

And square toss (from range) on Fate Sentries, yes?  There is pretty much no way you can exhaust that supply without killing the Cyclops unless you're intentionally aiming to do this.

Lithius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 Lithius
Member since 2004 • 125 Posts

>DBG I responded to a couple of versus topics saying the magic girls would win and it seemed rub some people the wrong way. I'd post it in every vs topic, but I'd just end up getting modded for trolling or something. I'll throw it out there occasionally and see if I can ruffle a few more feathers.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 MrStarkiller

>modded for trolling

>for that

Nope.  I should know.  If they ever talk about stupid punks like Asura, tell them Bayonetta would slap his s***.  They'll eat that up.  I promise.  Also, remind them that Vegeta always beats Goku (undefeated).  Imply it is because Goku has a crush on Vegeta.  Also, denote the canon fact that is Goku being a terrible father, husband and friend while Vegeta got the poster girl for the series.  These sorts of things rub them raw.  If you catch anyone using "SSJ", point out the "J" and mock them for it as weeaboos.

Lithius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Lithius

>DBG These guys are eating up the magic girls in the Vs topics. One guy in particular keeps telling me to cut it out and that the joke isn't funny. It's fun to test how much you can get under someone's skin with just a hand full of typed out words. One thing is I've been a regular on that board for over 12 years and it's hardly ever changed aside from it used to have more posters. I used to participate in long drawn out debates about who was the more skilled fighter between Goku and Vegeta and I couldn't count the number of people I made look stupid by simply pointing out the fact that they fought twice and Vegeta won both times.

>ER I haven't had that much free time lately and I've been working hard on my fitness goals so I haven't played much this last week. I'm gonna be working these upcoming days on it. I'm really looking forward to trying out to W7 because I feel once I get there it probably won't be as bad as W5 since I can use the spear for easy setups for launches into OH for collisions. We'll just have to see.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 MrStarkiller

>eating it up

Color me unsurprised.

>tells you to 'stop'

I like responding with this exact link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6QRi3__i30&t=1m26s

That or this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmvVRhUCLCY&t=5m28s

>how much with so little

Hmmm, yes.

>12 years

Ah, so you've seen the decline.  I was elsewhere (ESF) that far back.

>angle of Vegeta's undefeated streak against Goku

[spoiler] Lots of good tools in canon to use.  Canon itself is a tool for rubbing the boys raw.  As is the English language (Using "SSJ" makes you a weeaboo when not speaking moon and therefore up for correction).  Vegeta gets the 'main girl' of the series.  I'm more a fan of 18 myself, but this is another good angle that some will care about for no good reason.  Then there is the matter of techniques.  Vegeta is self-taught.  His training is quite intense as well.  He's not merely handed everything.  Vegeta tends to get more kills.  A great angle for Goku fans is that he is a 'terrible father, husband and friend'.  This is extremely fertile ground.  It's really "indefensible".  Only fools try to argue against the claim and if they're senseless enough to try, they'll be shedding tears before long.

Versus threads don't deserve serious treatment.  Just keep noting non-DBZ characters that are stupid broken and also not 'cool' (Ex: magic girls, KH Genie, etc.) to lose against. While it is just so that Vegeta 'lives off' Bulma (a common trend among our males is not having jobs), Goku drained Ox King dry by Buu Saga and began to work on Hercule (while running off on his friends/family/wife with a 'little brown boy').  The list of 'sensitive' areas of discussion is quite large.

Story topics are trash.  I just keep asking for 'lemons', voting for dumb stuff (usually not things on the list of options), etc.  Bumping really old garbage topics with empty replies suits me too.  Feigning ignorance of what is going on and looking for replies clarifying it.  Asking if the 'ladies' (or "boys") are 'playing nice', 'done kissing', etc.  Someone asks what I'm discussing, don't treat it seriously.  Tell them you're talking about 'boys' and ask if they want to join 'us'.  Act as if everyone that disagrees is just having a 'giggle'.  If they denote negative feelings towards you or something you're aligned with, call them tsundere (their actions and words do not match, they actually love it, etc.).  Those that get really angry with you should get friend requests and special nicknames (usually with a childish).

Never try to be overtly offensive with strong words.  Just be condescending, haughty, pompous, pretentious, etc.  That works fine.  If they act out too much, mark them.  Be sure to tell them to 'mind the terms' no matter what.  Particularly invoking old rules that are either no longer enforced or have been dropped in recent times.  No calling users trolls, no talk of reporting/ignoring (note the latter as 'for the weak'), no quotes without a respond, no double posts (unless character limit is reached and/or the time limit for edits has passe), etc.  Have to keep things classy.  When people seem angry, ask them why they are as such.  Play at being their teachers, benefactors, etc.  If they go on about being targeted, tell them they have a victim/bully complex and they perceive attacks where there are none.  Use cute phrases (Ex: "Don't believe in yourself, believe in me who believes in you."  "I do this for you.  Not to you.).  They seem fond of my format and "glove slap" approach to admonishment.  Correct their grammar/spelling for them.  Tell them you need no thanks and that it is just a service rendered out of good will.  Cite that effective communication is paramount. [/spoiler]

>ER

>not enough free time

Noted.

>W7 won't be so bad

Correct.  In the mean time, I'll put myself through the bother of making the GoW:A run skeleton and continue testing/re-testing.  Getting a bit of a feel for how damage is in this entry, elemental move/property effectiveness, finding/applying exploits, making elegant tactics for various run conditions, etc.  The usual business.

[spoiler] Speaking of which, "I'm in the business of giving the business.  Business is good."  Be sure to denote them as son, sport, champ, tiger, friend, pal, buddy, dear boy, old friend, squirt, sweet pea, buttercup, etc.  Depends on the context for which you should choose.  Many young males get quite upset about any perceived implication of homosexuality on their part.  If they talk about video games, they're probably casuals (and calling them that tends to be inflammatory).  If they play online, they're probably scrubs.  The former and latter are about mentality. The former doesn't care to seek mastery (challenge isn't the aim along with accomplishment, just empty 'fun').  Trophy whores tend to be like that.  The latter is about unwillingness to 'play to win'.  Exploits, glitches, "cheap" tactics, etc. are frowned upon by these clowns that have 'honor codes' with their own made-up rules for how to play 'right' (as they get bodied in fighting games and other such places).  But I suppose you know all about this ilk, so I need not expand.  Both exhibit an unwilliness to learn.  The former is expecially proud of their ignorance and may cite stock replies that don't carry much weight online (no gf, no life, no job, fat, no friends, etc.). [/spoiler]

Lithius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Lithius

>Responses to thin skins on DBG Those are some good ones. I've tried to come up with a few of my own. Let me know how good you think they are and feel free to use them yourself. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bomkgXeDkE&t=3m9s (there is a ton of potential in that video alone) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzHJWvIux-U&list=FL0KLh-Z78hGmvRNr5aocPeg&index=569 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58OabCRCx_Q&list=FL0KLh-Z78hGmvRNr5aocPeg&index=605 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgI0vB_pF-Q&t=0m24s http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bMmmgibepo&t=0m40s

>DBG The so called "decline" that the people who claim to have been around back in those days but actually weren't never really happened. The board was at it's peak back in the late 90s before the Cell saga ever aired. All people had to go on for what happened after was conjecture and whatever they may have surmised from watching a low quality fansubbed episode that took an hour and 45 minutes to download on their parents dial up connection. Once DBZ had finished airing in the states it became what it is today with endless topics about whether or not Gohan was Super Saiyan 2 against Dabura, endless vs topics (but nowadays just as many of them are about Superman as are about Dragonball characters). I like to tease Superman fanboys by saying Super Buu could defeat him. Endless topics about minor inconsistencies in the story, all sorts of crap.

>God of War You sure do know a lot about the God of War games GMG. Are there unions for other action games like maybe The Ultimate Devil May Cry Union, or The Ultimate Bayonetta Union?

>Bayonetta and Asura I never played Asura's Wrath. Was it any good? I was initially interested, but was pretty quickly turned off by the previews showing you fighting opponents as large as planets while being human sized. Bayonetta's main power seems to be she can make all her clothes come off and hairy monsters come out (I've met girls like that).

>DBG again You sure know a lot of ways to torment the DBG board. I could go full out with it, but I'd feel like I'd be sack riding your territory, for now I'm just gonna throw magic girls into some vs topics and see where I get.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 MrStarkiller

>various in link 1

Reminded me of another I like to use regarding those that mention the word 'try' (aside from Yoda): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIYqDwU7qZ4&t=1m35s

Always with the sexual come-ons, implications, etc.

>link 2

Somehow I'm reminded of my love for using lines from Cell.  "Yeah, maybe so." Being the most common.

>link 3

Brought to mind a love I have with posting certain songs like 'the biggest, the best, better than the rest', but that's more for GoW forum interactions where my pride, ability, etc. are a point of discussion.  That along with a part of MegaDeth's "Crush Em".

>link 4

Vidya.  Reminds me of the use of Shao Kahn quotes (Don't make me laugh, You weak pathetic fool, Bow to me, I rule this world, various laughs, You will never win, You're still trying to win, etc.).

>link 5

Reminds me of a certain music video I like to post now and again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gfl-CfEQcew

That along with other lines: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4bnsx5rgSc

Regarding my affection for 'glove slaps' there is the Simpsons and Bugs Bunny, but also this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckUbAykOt3M

Another play at homosexuality: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZS2p9ewBvM

I like linking to a 'diatribe on fun' when "fun" is cited as a positive for a game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lit0xPh_v5c

NOTE: The "Who Dah Mastah" video is down and the alternative is crap, so I'm out of luck there for now.  I loved using it with regards to teacher on student relations.  Especially whenever I spoke with Franchise about SWFU1.  I'm the Sith Master.

This one is random (like your links) and I haven't used it in a long while: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXFLxRg2lgU&t=45s

This lovely video is about leg peeing:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3WTelB4NAE *a favorite of the gent and myself*

Futurama has a few (shut up baby I know it, please you give me too little credit, etc.).  Bison from the Street Fighter movie has one very good one regarding the importance of a given day to some nothing and that it was just another day for him (that's the right attitude).

Frequently Marty Chang is referenced for technical support: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p52QJi-Ydo

>before Cell Saga

Likely earlier with the time before we coud escape the horror of 'The Arrival of Raditz'.  The time of moon subs was true horror with weeaboo antics everywhere.  These times are annoying for another reason entirely.  Kai made it worse by opening up the wounds.  Clash of Gods and other non-canon trash specials in the last few years re-animated a corpse like something out of ye old "Pet Semetary".

>Superman

Magic girls solo.  2EZ.

>Super Buu could defeat him

He could.  It's mostly about Candy Beam though.  The magic nature of his absorbtion is another story.

>a lot about GoW

Thus the name (GMG).

>other unions

There are.  But they're not really 'like' us and don't tend to have a 'vet scene'.  They're more dead (like the rest of the unions).  Believe it or not, TUGOWU is in good shape for 'her' age compared to most others on the entire site thanks to their hilarious neglect and abuse here at GS.

>never played

>played

It's a movie.

>any good

Mostly QTEs.  You would be lucky to get 2 hours of gameplay out of a first playthrough.  This is split between mini-games, QTEs, rail shooting and a very shallow beat-em-up.  It's not hack-and-slash.  It has no exploration really.  No adventure.  Just Action done wrong.  I was hoping for another 'God Hand" with that game with shades of FotNS (played up more), DBZ and Berserker. I was sorely disappointed as I noticed they only ever showed cutscenes (because that's all it is).

>turned off by huge foes

Because you realized such cases are never real fights in vidya?  It was the same with Cronos.  Too big means a 'level'.  Slightly smaller means environemental bosses.  You need chaps more our size for technical fights in most cases.

>her main power

She has many horrifying abilities that make her far more powerful than the others in the Action genre for hack-and-slash.  Asura isn't in this genre, but some lump beat-em-up in with it anyway.  She dominates that too.  That isn't saying much for video games though as this genre is filled with weaklings.  Reality Warpers like Genie from KH would god stomp the lot of them.

>ways to have a go with DBG

They hardly needed all those tricks.  There's still much more to the routine.  The old stuff too, but such things would get you banned in a hurry.

>see where you get

You might get called my alt before long (like many others that take up my posting traits, jargon, etc.).

TheDean-OfMean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 TheDean-OfMean
Member since 2010 • 72 Posts

I've skimmed the last few pages, I am entirely too lazy to read the whole thread (or least the parts where you strayed away from progress talk) right now, but I may another time. A few things of note:

-Lithius: Pleased to make your acquaintance old boy. You seem like a gentlemen and a scholar, I am Snake.

-RedLetterMedia: I've watched all his Star Wars reviews too, I think they're excellent and agree about the 3rd one, I've watched it multiple times.

-Randall Flagg: This isn't a name I see very often (if ever), but I was happy to see it brought up. Flagg (and his various aliases) is one of my favourite villains, I've read the Dark Tower series as well as The Stand. He was easily my favourite character in each, Roland came second.

-Boxing: While I am a fan, I am far from an expert in this regard. I enjoy watching the current greats throw down (Mayweather is probably my favourite) but I don't really pay that much attention to it. MMA is the sport I really follow and have knowledge about. I have dabbled in boxing (always been better with my hands anyway) but my primary sport was kickboxing (nearly 4 years) and currently I do Muay Thai.

Weightlifting: Something that someday, I will call myself an expert on. Currently I would consider myself an educated athlete. I take great interest in the science behind resistance training (and any other sort really)...I suppose you could call it my 'passion'.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 MrStarkiller

>another time

"Anytime...anytime..." - Predator

>someday

But maybe not right now?  You and your wandering ways. *dohohoho*

>passion

Gets me all hot and bothered.

Lithius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Lithius

>DBG They've been eating up the magic girls in the vs topics. You seem to have conditioned them to panic when those particular words are typed out.

>Superman and Super Buu The only way I see Superman winning this one is if he knows in advance all of Buu's powers. Can't Buu turn people into anything, not just candy?

>Asura's Wrath Sounds stupid. I know there have been games with fun rail shooting sections, but I can't think of any off the top of my head.

>Huge foes I knew it'd end up being lame. They were just trying way too hard with that game, from what the previews showed it seemed to exist solely for the purpose of outdoing other action games in the spectacle department.

>Bayonetta's powers I don't remember many of her powers besides the hairy monsters from DMC1, walking on walls, and having Witch Time. What power makes her so much more capable than other action game protagonists?

>Pet Semetary Ironic you should make a reference to a Stephen King novel. I've read 20-25 of his novels but that is not one of the ones I've read, but it's on my to read list. Have you read the book or seen the movie?

>Snake It's great to meet you. What exact "Snake" were you referencing if any with that name?

>RedLetterMedia That guy who does those is brilliant in my opinion. In the age of internet reviewers he's a beacon of good writing and well thought out criticism.

>Randall Flagg He's my favorite antagonist from anything ever. It's great to meet another Stephen King fan. Readers in general are very rare these days, let alone ones who have similar taste in books to myself. Aside from a poor performance in The Eyes of the Dragon, and the Dark Tower 7 incident he's only been defeated because the story demanded him to be so simply because he's the bad guy. You said you'd read The Dark Tower series, have your read The Wind Through the Keyhole? I may be mistaken, but I think I've read every book featuring that particular character.

>Boxing Boxing in general is at a fairly low point at this time. Many potential boxing contenders choose to participate in MMA instead, resulting in a rift between talent with MMA having the advantage. Boxing is a huge part of MMA though, and I'm confident it will become more popular as the years go by.

>MMA I watch MMA whenever it's on, but it's not my passion like boxing. A lot of stuff about it I like, such as grapples and throws, but those are also things that can become boring and tedious when a fight becomes mostly a wrestling match with minutes upon minutes going by with the fighters just trying to overcome each other in a ground clinch. If it was up to me I'd allow MMA fighters to grow their fingernails really long and yellow so they could rake the backs of their opponents trying to clench and possibly transfer some disease to them, but at the same time if it were up to me I'd have them drop 6 treble hooks into the ring every minute because I am a big fan of violence.

>Weight lifting I took a weight lifting class a few years back taught by a guy from Russia who competed in the Olympics sometime back in the 80s in the weight lifting competition. It was a really fun class and I made big improvements to my strength during it. We did a lot of stuff like squats, deadlifts, and especially a lot of cleans. Cleans were one of the most prominent lifts we did. My max lifts are pretty pathetic compared to someone like yourself. My max benchpress was 145 and my max squat was 245. As far as competitive weight lifting goes I prefer Olympic style to Power lifting because the lifts are very extreme (clean and jerk and snatch).

TheDean-OfMean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 TheDean-OfMean

GMG: >wandering

Exercise is one thing I don't wander from. It is however a deep chasm, where the more I learn the more I realise I don't know, it will be a while before I am truly an expert, but I'm on my way.

Lithius: >Snake

It started as a reference to MGS3, so 'Naked Snake'. I have fond memories of that game. 

>RLM

Indeed, the guy is a genius, if you have the patience then it's hard not to love the brutality of those reviews.

>Flagg

I actually haven't read The Wind Through The Keyhole, I need to make sure I get that one. I am currently reading the series for the second time, I just started book 4 but it will probably be a while before I finish it again, I seem to have book ADD and try and read multiple things at once, I just started the first Game of Thrones book.

But yeah, Flagg is a fantastic character, I too was a little disappointed with his death in the 7th book, but at least Mordred was a powerful foe. And can you ever truly kill the man in black? After all, the true ending to the 7th book (the one that King almost dissuades you from reading)...maybe things will be different for him the next time round... 

>Boxing

I do love the sweet science, but it's true that boxing seems to be at a low point. The UFC has to averaging more views as boxing only seems to have 2-3 large PPVs a year now. 

>MMA

I too don't really enjoy grapple heavy fights (although I have seen some very fast paced, back and forth displays of BJJ, which were excellent). All of my favourite fighters a dynamic/explosive strikers with a solid grappling base to fall back on should they need it. Jose Aldo, Benson Henderson, Tyrone Spong (who I went to see earlier this year and actually walked right past in a corridor, surreal) are some of my favourites. Your ideas are interesting too... 

>Weight lifting

I much prefer Olympic style as well. I do posterior chain work on the side because I feel more comfortable doing front squats/high bar back squats to the powerlifting/glute dominant way of doing it.

That sounds like a class I'd be interested in. I haven't incorporated cleans into my routine because of the learning curve (and also because my crappy gym wouldn't allow it). If I had a coach to teach me the basics of olympic lifing I would love to do more of it.

I am decently strong for my weight, but I still have work to do before my numbers are impressive. My squat has a lot of catching up to do compared to my deadlift, the long limbs really seem to work against me in that regard.

Currently my main lifts are (bodyweight around 158ish):
Deadlift - 320x5
Front squat - 187x5
Back squat - 198x5
Military Press - 115x5 

I don't bench, I've always hated it and IMO overhead pressing and dips have more athletic carryover. The few times that I experimented with benching I was able to do 70lb dumbells for 5 reps. I'll post up the videos that I've uploaded of myself.

Front squat (not heavy, just a form check, wasn't happy with this so I started doing more mobility work at this point) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVjkgAK0nV4
Deads & HSPUs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3MQVeIyO9s
Back squats & Ring Dips http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMmiOMdfMsA 

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 MrStarkiller

>conditioned them

MrPavlov, am I?  Just like this:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IE3KdcTgrno&t=5m14s

>not just candy

He was able to turn Vegetto back to himself.  ChiChi wasn't 'candy' (still food).  He's just really limited on imagination with the application of the beam it would seem.  Thus it is essentially a 'candy' beam though it can seemingly be used for other things.  Some might joke about turning him into Kryptonite as a joke.  How?  Magic.  Red Sunlight?  Magic.

>sounds stupid

That's only because it is.

>fun rail shooting

Sounds like Arcade talk when bored.

>outdoing other Action games in spectacle

With no substance.  The neat part was that none of the 'huge' foes were fightable.  The 'big' ones were smaller than those you can 'fight' in the others.  So it still loses.  A damned shooter section, mini-game and/or QTE won't be changing that truth.  If the core is Beat-Em-Up and the combat system doesn't apply, it ain't real gameplay, son.  It would be like a section in Vanquish where you fight a galaxy sized boss with a giant robot that fights via racing around and shooting missles at him.  It's heretical and doesn't involve the core of the genre (betraying what the game is).

>what powers

It's a long and non-sensical list.  Let's go over some of it, shall we?:

-Wall Walk *moonlight*

-Time Slow *WT*

-Summons *DMC1 only had a small 'Phantom' and the bird doesn't much seem alike*

-Time Stop

-Time Travel *questionable*

-Teleport *her attacks and herself; to a lesser degree would be portals to Hell taking her foes as sacrifices if acceptable*

-Magic Barriers

-Body Split *generally tied to the previously mentioned barrier; more extreme version with accessory*

-Dimension Crossing

-Invisible *in another dimension*

-Intangible *in another dimension, but allows her to interact with you; some magic users can work around this*

-Super Speed *for the genre*

-Super Strength *headbutts a skyscraper casually; Sheba summon hit a foe FTL with impact enough to bust Jupiter*

-Healing *items, accessories, etc.*

-Damage Negation *items, accessories, etc.*

-Invincibility *items, accessories, abilities, etc.*

-Damage boost *item*

-Magic Regen *item, mode, taunt, accessory, etc.*

-Flight *limited in gameplay*

-Super Durability *unharmed by Earth re-entry, doesn't find the vaccuum of space to be an issue, etc.*

-Transformations *where the flight comes from, where more speed comes from, more damage negation, etc.*

-Projectile Reflect *accessory*

-Resurrection *item*

One can get more specific with all this to spell things out more clearly.  If you like, I can go over some of these items in more detail.  That tends to help with these matters.  Really though, she's just a more extreme version of Dante (cues from anime land), but is still nothing to certain genres (JRPG), mediums (comics, manga, anime, etc.) and all that.  A big fish in a small pond (Action games *specifically hack-and-slash*).  The important thing to consider is first the ability to be invisible and intangible.  Can X foe deal with that ability at all?  Can their hits reach her?  If not, that's a forfeit on their side for having a win condition.  If so, can they work around her invincible conditions, damage negation, resurrection (this is a loss condition in a versus contest however), HP regen, teleports, time slow, etc.?  All that after contending with 'time stop' (forget about time travel for the moment as that's just something that shouldn't come into play *poor taste*).  Is the opponent able to get around that ability?

The enemy needs to get around some ridiculous nonsense just to start fighting her at all (dealing with still more absurd defenses that are also part of her offensive game).  Let's say they can contend with all that somehow.  Are they as strong as her?  Sheba?  Bayonetta can survive in space, fly around, teleport, etc.  Busting the world they are on isn't outside her ability with the summon (as the power of the summon is just an extension of the summoner *something that rubs some chaps really raw you will find*).  All that and she is still nothing to the magic girls as high level reality warpers.

But really, it's because the other "protagonists" are piss weak.  They are stuck in the world of the physical with only minor acts of magic (items, accessories, etc.) that tend to express themselves physically too.  Kratos has some neat toys now and again (Gorgon heads are easily his biggest trump card save for being a 'god' at one point, but it was de-valued as the series went on to the point that it just meant he was a bit more durable, strong, magical, etc.), but he, like the others, largely depends on hitting a foe directly.  He's not nearly so durable as her, nor as strong, fast, etc.  So Dante?  His regenearation is good to be sure.  His speed is fine in the raw.  His strength is okay (like Kratos).  It's just that Bayonetta greatly overshadows all this.  One can go on about the others like that.

It comes down to them being unable to work around intangibility (invisibility is just cute) and time stop before they have to get over other hurdles like how she negates (or even uses attacks against the enemy or to make herself stronger).  Asura is in the same situation.  What does his power mean (even if he were on equal terms *he isn't*) if he can't use it at all?  He can neither move nor think.  Even if he could, he could not interact with her while she could interact with him.  So one cites his resurrection option.  It is a loss.  Even allowing for it, it takes a long, long time (hundreds and even thousands of years).  Allowing for that, she can bust the planet (taking Naraka down as a consequence) or kill Chalky (source of Chakra *killing him and all the others*).  The latter died by a physical blow from Base Asura.

As you can see, it would be frustrating to deal with her.  Sometimes these threads focus on just gameplay or just story.  In either case, her powers are absurd (in context).  The desperate will then question what is 'canon'.  When it is shown that everything she does is canon to the story, they then alter how 'canon' is to be demonstrated in a game (to count).  It's a sad, desperate show.  Before long, they will give up on their boy and move on to other characters that can beat her (or at least they think they can *and are often wrong because giant robots, or "robits" as I call them to be an ass, suck and mecha just isn't a big deal as it largely depends on the physical which is nothing to high level magic and reality warping*).  When they finally find someone that beats her, it is fun to denote something lame that trumps that (unless one approves of their new champion).  You can imagine their outrage when they cite some 'universe sized robit' only to be told it is utterly hopeless because it can't even touch her or react anyway.  She could just teleport to the pilot(s) and kill them.

>read the book

No.

>seen the movie

Yes.  I like Horror.  Even bad horror. Sometimes.

>which Snake

The one you're thinking of, I'm sure.

>that guy

But not the other two, yes?  I'm disappointed to find they are the majority of that site.  I'd much rather just have him do the reviews for any given movie.  They bore me.

>readers

I haven't read jack of actual 'stories' (not including Greek Myth) since the Hot Gates (barring college required material).  I do most of my reading on the internet in the form of forums, FAQs, comments, articles, etc.

>boring when just wrestling

I like 'real' wrestling (not as much as 'pro'), but without some ground-and-pound, joint locks/sub-missions, etc. ...It just looks like two sweaty men confessing with their bodies.

>compared to

Depends on how 'big' you are, I suppose.  I'll leave all this to Snake.

Snake: >one thing

There had to be something, eh?

>the more you learn

>the more you learn you knew so little

To be expected.

>RLM

To note it, the two losers are RLM (together) and he came later (apparently).  He's "Mr. Plinkett".

>Game of Thrones book

Can't be as bad as the Dexter books.

>videos uploaded

>not GoW

You 'avin a giggle, mate?  That it?  Cheeky one, aren't you?

Lithius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Lithius
I finally finished the ER. I wonder what's the longest any runner has been stuck on any one part without quitting. Since there have been a lot of posts I'll finish my skeleton in this post. It wasn't pretty but I got through it.

Inner Sanctum:Endurance Run "It's not about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward" - Rocky Balboa

"When you run out of strength, use Willpower" - Takamura Mamoru.

Wave 1 - For this wave I primarily used the spear to launch legionnaires into OH for collisions. I preferred to stay back and let legionnaires come to me rather than risk getting in close with the juggernauts, so it was fairly slow going. I used mostly the 360 throw when I got a prompt. Once I ran out of legionnaires I switched to the hammer and lured one away, blocking his wide swing then using rage and tt to kill him. I repeated and moved on.

Wave 2 - These even numbered waves are lame. I waited to be attacked and parried to counter and knock them all back. I then grabbed the unarmored ones and threw them. I ended up getting hit once, which led to me being hit several more times and I was nearly dead when the wave ended. I considered restarting but I was really tired of that first wave so I proceeded forward.

Wave 3 - This wave in PAIN+ is gonna be real rough. I imagine the preferred tactic is gonna be to launch the gorgons for collisions. I immediately grabbed the health chest. I shattered the enemies here by either false grabbing or waiting for their gaze and reflecting it back. The sirens I could shattered with MotK from range, while the gorgons required it to be point blank for it to shatter them. Not too much else to note here except when they grouped up I stayed back and waited for a gaze.

Wave 4 - Similar to 2 the enemies are all armored. I used parry and counter for until I got a prompt when I used 360 toss to clear most of them out. I finished off the survivors with the hammer.

Wave 5 - I ended up MotK chipping my way through this one. I was able to isolate the first satyr and kill it with grabs and tt with rage as it fell pretty quickly. I was able to get several MotK through the barrier where the others were grouped and when it came down I used AQ until my magic was depleted. I stayed away and the satyrs kept using their taunts letting me get free hits while also blocking the minotaurs. I repeated this until they were all dead, trying my best to keep the barriers between myself and the enemies. I'm gonna have to practice this wave in the arena before I attempt it on PAIN+, but I have some more runs first before I get to that one.

Wave 6 - Same as wave 2

Wave 7 - I went back and got the rage and magic chests, so I went into this last wave with full mana and rage, but only about 1/3 health. I first opened the health chest and the cyclopes dropped down. I got between them and used AQ until my magic was depleted. I then activated rage and killed those 2 with tt from the hammer (In hindsight it would have been much better to use my magic on CR, but I wasn't expecting to get that far this attempt so I was mostly operating on instinct). By the time I ran out of rage the third Cyclops was still alive and I had only a tiny sliver of health left, so I rolled away to the left until a barrier came up. I used MotK a few times and that killed the cyclops. Since I was so low on health I stayed way back and kept the legionnaires at bay with MotK until they were all cleared out.

>MGS3 I also enjoy that game. I did a Foxhound run of it back in the day and it's still my favorite MGS game (Although Peace Walker is very close). In real life if a person was injured as badly as him when he was captured by Volgin they would probably die, if not they'd be physically incapable of sneaking into Groznyj Grad and doing all that stuff. I wonder what GMG thinks of this series. It might be too long winded with it's stories to suit his taste.

>Wind Through the Keyhole It's a must read for any Dark Tower fan. When it came out I only had moderate expectations, but it ended up blowing me away with how fantastic it was. As a fan of Roland, Flagg, and all the rest you owe it to yourself to read that book.

>Flagg he's "died" at least 3 times I can count, but none of them were true deaths, more like temporary defeats. Even literal divine intervention wasn't enough to stop the guy. It makes me wonder if he's working for The Crimson King just to get his chance at the tower and not because he's actually submissive to the guy. Flagg is the more level headed of the 2.

>Boxing PPV There are usually just a few, and these last 5 years or so have been all about Pacquiao and Mayweather, (I'm a fan of both but I'm still not convinced Pacquiao wasn't juicing). Before that it was all about DeLaHoya. I dream of a day like back in the late 70s when there were many skilled contenders fighting one another, not just a waiting list for lesser known fighters to get their chance to fight a big name opponent.

>Weight lifting That class was just the weightlifting 1 class at the community college by my house. It turned out to be an amazing investment as I got 2 and a half months of classes, twice a week, for 80 bucks. I also got an A. Here's a video of the guy who taught the Weightlifting 2 class, also from Russia. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cNNxBAPxQI.

>Your videos Those are very impressive indeed. You're on a whole different level than me. What kind of gym doesn't let you do cleans? I do as many cleans as I want, but I never do very high weight since that's an intense lift. I'm still in the weight loss phase, but I have way less to lose now than I've already lost. I recently joined Richard Lord's boxing gym and it's already made a difference. The work outs there are no joke and it's 105 - 115 inside in these hot months. Does your gym let you do outdoor uphill tire pull sprints?

>Pavlov That link is one of the first youtube videos I ever favorited. It's great to see stuck up people who think they're so great turn out to be thin skins because of something so silly.

>Candy beam I guess it doesn't really matter what he turns him into as long as it's food.

>Bayonetta I suppose she can do all that stuff. It's been a while since I played that game so I can't remember well her powers. Do you think Kratos could defeat her if he snuck up on her and cut her in half at the waist with the Blade of Olympus?

>RedLetterMedia I've never watched anything other than those Mr. Plinkett reviews. His Indiana Jones 4 review is great, and his Titanic review is funny and very fair. His Cop Dog review is also very funny.

>Reading You may grow into it with time. Books are vastly superior to movies and even video games from a pure storytelling perspective, and you seem a fellow who can appreciate a well told story.

>God of War I've just got Clotho and Zeus left. Clotho is mostly a puzzle with a pathetically easy boss at the end. (You'd figure she'd have been able to use that statue of the fates against you, but no it's just a liability for her). Zeus will take some time, but he shouldn't be tough compared to the Translator or ER. Snake, GMG, which run would you like to see next, NUR+ of 1 or 3?

TheDean-OfMean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 TheDean-OfMean

>Game of Thrones book

Can't be as bad as the Dexter books.

>videos uploaded

>not GoW

You 'avin a giggle, mate?  That it?  Cheeky one, aren't you?

MrStarkiller

I wasn't aware Dexter was based on a book series. I haven't made it far into the GoT books but it's cool so far, and the series seems to have stayed pretty faithful to it (saying that, I haven't even read up to where the first episode ends yet).

I swear on my mum's life m8, I will wreck you. Do I even lift bro?

>MGS3

Yeah despite its reallistic undertones, MGS is still just as absurd as any series. 'Human plus' is a term I've come to accept (and prefer) in regards to most video game characters who don't have powers. Snake can survive a ridiculous amount of punishment, but is still unable to climb onto a 4ft platform.

>Wind Through the Keyhole

Is that so? I'll order it now then, hard not to be tempted by the prospect of Randal's antics. 

>Flagg

I thought the same, Flagg is the embodiement of a 'schemer'. There's no way I can accept that he takes orders from the Crimson King simply because Flagg accepts him as a superior. Hopefully those worn down boot heels have more roads to travel.

>Boxing

I'm not convinced Pacquiao isn't juicing either. However, I'm not convinced any high level athlete is clean, Mayweather may have made a big fuss about 'olympic testing' all himself and all his opponents, but any who actually knows what olympic testing is and entails knows it is just as much of a joke. Private testing commissions such as VADA are taking steps in the right direction, but it will be a long time (if ever) before any sports is 'clean'. 

>Weight lifting

195kg C&J...made it look easy. Strong. 

>Your videos

My gym is pretty pathetic, the price is its redeeming quality, but I will be going somewhere else as soon as I get a new car. It's not so much that I can't clean, rather I can't drop weights (have been told off about this before while deadlifting). My gym doesn't have cool equipment like sleds or prowlers either, so no drag sprints (we only have 1 olympic barbell too). It's a goal of mine though to build up my own little gym in a garage some day. Tractor tires, kegs, sandbags, prowlers, sleds and other strongman type stuff. 

>Boxing gym

No doubt that will strip the extra weight off you. As they say, conditioning is king. 

>Reading 

I'm assuming this was for me. Reading is definitely something I need to invest more time in, literally all of the coaches and 'gurus' I follow seem to read constantly, much of it isn't even relevant to what they teach but they use it to expand and refine their teaching styles anyway. Even if you ignore the learning aspect, who doesn't enjoy good fiction?

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 MrStarkiller

Zig: >finished ER

Oh, so we're back to business then.  Let's begin, shall we?

>longest

You're not there.

>without quitting

Not even with that condition.

---

Inner Sanctum:Endurance Run

Wave 1 - So t1 to OH infinite for collisions into "O" for 360 toss (sometimes maybe X toss, I suppose).

NOTE: You should see the latest addition to the ER playlist.  It's a GKPAIN+ video by Adel.  Review it and my comments regarding examples and other things.

Ran out of Legionnaires, did you?  You using TB cancels for BH or just block cancels still?  What of tricking?  You getting more comfortable with that?

Wave 2 - The 'even' waves are 'minor'.  We care most about the 'odd' ones.  They're just light filler.  They could have mixed them up just a tiny bit more to pad for even more 'odd' waves, but without more chests and/or a checkpoint, chaps would have fits.  We didn't actually encounter all our foes in the ER or see the remaining interesting foe pairings.  Pity, that.

Imagine a 9x Wraiths of Asphodel wave.  Oh me, oh my.  I know that fight well and without parry counters, it is a very ugly affair for lack of the likes of EH to shatter them in mass or at least some other cop-out (magic, rage, etc.).  Hell, imagine if 'Easy' had just W1, W2 and W3.  Normal up to W5.  Hard to W7.  VH adding at least a new W8 (filler) and W9.  Though, preferably, a W10 (final even wave not being a joke).  Making the path shrink/stretch according to the need of the setting is well beyond what they would be willing to do though.

Got clipped and then slapped around a bit, eh?  Careless.

Wave 3 - Between what I note and Adel...with examples from Taz, Shin and others, you should be fine.  With practice.  Be it Gorgons or Sirens, collisions are a good aim, but more so with GKPAIN+ where it really counts.  For regular PAIN+, you may want to just isolate for forced OH lock on Gorgons and air OS infinite on Sirens (to be rid of them).  If you can get a Siren caught in the cross-fire of stare, shatter it.  Just so regarding MotK use here.  CC makes it safer to use in tight spots.  Being able to return wrecks them.  Gorgon Queens are your allies here.

Wave 4 - Just try not to 360 toss downhill.

Wave 5 - You'll need to get better with s6, OH (if you're willing to risk the glitch), etc. for collisions and OH/ground OS/air OS for chip on Satyrs along with false OS to control the Hades Minotaurs.  Learning barrier timing is also good.  Respecting how barriers can be abused and how the uneven surface will affect hit properties/grabs tends to be good as well.  We've been over most of this though.  In the end, a lower run got 'early' tactics.  Not surprising.  The 'good' stuff takes time to get familiar enough with to execute.  You will get to that point eventually. Arena practice is a good idea.  Having the Arena in general is good.

Wave 6 - ...

Wave 7 - AQ spam wouldn't be the best use of MP unless you could score collisions too.  You would have done better to RotT BH with CR tricking/canceling if keeping it that simple (alternatively TB to not spend magic after having used most with EH to catch two of the Cyclops Brutes).  Really though, playing keep away and tossing Fates Sentries (long distance or against surfaces by target) works great.  Even the same as W1 with t1 (SoD) to OH infinite (for collisions) to "O" into 360 toss (or X toss).  Simple.  Just keep doing that as you have FAR more ammo than you'll need to kill the three Brutes with here.  Hindsight.  Epimetheus knows it all too well.  MotK chipping for the rubbish at the end too?  My, my.  You really were ready to be quit of this bout.

>thinks of MGS

It's Stealth.  I don't play them by and large.  Amusing to watch great players go at it (I have a good number of them on the backlog to view).  Being Action oriented by nature, I don't jive well with the mentality a lot of the time.  Granted, I do sometimes fancy it where not appropriate or expected.  I've already heard the story for each game.  Once is enough with all that talking, prattling on, joking, etc.  I don't even like the small amount GoW puts my way.  "I didn't know there would be this much talking." - Korgoth of Barbaria

>juicing

Yeah, probably.

>lifting

I'll save my use of the term for carrying you slackers across the finish line with challenge runs.  Got to make good tactics, find exploits, settle run rules, test values/percentiles, name things, etc.

>first favorites

As fine a place as any to start, I suppose.

>think they're so great

"Defeat the VH NUR or higher Clones, if you are so great." - Wimp Lo

>as long as it is food

Seems food oriented due to his nature, but not as a restriction.  Without him doing something specifically showing otherwise, people just stick to what it has been used for (mostly). Candy.

>Do I think X could defeat her if X snuck up on Bayonetta and cut her in half at the waist

That's presuming a lot already.  This is a hypothetical that wouldn't happen.  One is because of Kratos (he doesn't use stealth kills in gameplay and only killed on person as such *a female with a chop to the neck by the Blades*).  Another is because this implies Bayonetta is just traveling outside of Purgatorio for no reason with her guard down (no accessories, items, etc. applied).

In versus terms, this scenario is already a loss even when she returns right away with Red Hot Shot.  That she is not a regenerator of the same type as Dante (who can deal with being impaled, but has never shown the ability to take a beheading, delimbing, etc. though lesser demons seem to handle losing appendages well enough...well Arkham did) means she should be fatally injured for having let it get that far.

However, during the act of being cut in half, an evade input being used would cause Bat Within (entirely negating it, getting magic back, enjoying an extended WT, etc.).  This said though, this generally does NOT apply to 'grabs' and stealth moves tend to count as such (regarding gameplay *not cutscenes*).  But Kratos, again, doesn't do stealth in gameplay and his grabs on 'boss' type foes (as Bayonetta would be) don't tend to work at all (as part of the artificial design along with petrification).

If this 'stealth' attack is little more than being able to attack her from behind while she has no guard up (a freebie) and isn't a grab by mechanic (just enough damage to 'kill' her), she would be able to entirely negate it anyway.  The grab stealth option is the win condition he would need (that he doesn't really have/exercise) in this case where she is oblivious to give him a sporting chance.  Otherwise, it's back to contending with all the nonsense abilities.  Presuming this is cutscene Bayonetta and she did know about the attack, just stopping time for him would be enough (aside from going intangible).  That or merely using one of her many items, accessories, etc. to entirely negate the BoO (even gaining power from it).

>never watched the others

I did.  I wanted to see good coverage for Dredd and Evil Dead.  What I got was rubbish.

>Reading
Unlikely.  I'm more Action oriented and 'Horror' doesn't really work as well for my type of fan via description alone.  I'm not even all that into stories a lot of the time.  The sort of stories I would indulge in don't require "books".  That's a term used for higher level reading at length.  I'm not too concerned with story.  Were I, I'd be a bigger MGS fan rather than one who sticks to hack-and-slash, yes?  I care about the gameplay regarding games.  Specifically combat.

If I read to learn, it is articles.  I tend to have purposes in reading other than 'story'.  Perhaps I can 'appreciate' a story, but it is a question of whether I care to indulge for that aim.  I do a lot of reading and responding without ever touching books as it is.  Most of my time is spent as such for work and leisure time already.  I don't need more of it.

When the time comes that I lose one or both of these things, then I may consider 'books' (but probably in a digital form by that time).  Maybe not even comics, manga, graphic novels, etc. which I already read now and again.  Speaking of which, "Berserk".  Are you familiar with it?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PE22PP4lKw

>Clotho

Skipping her arms in the middle section wouldn't hurt my feelings.  Her lesser arms can be one-shot even when very weak due to an exploit (and kept down over and over with another).

>Zeus

Not going to be a big deal.  You'll get used to him quickly.

>what next for VH NUR+

>GoW1 or GoWIII

Either suits me.  GoW1 will be smooth sailing until the Clones stop you.  GoWIII will have some annoying patches in the form of Skorpius (lots of tidbits to share on this...), HCB (won't be so bad) and Box 7 (just a bit of practice and care).

Snake: >based on a book

Didn't stay true to it for very long. Hardly surprising.

>pretty faithful to it

Not what I've heard. It should start to show some larger signs of variance by the end of season 1.

>even lift

I'll hook you one in the gob, mate.  Swear to Christ.  You'll look right dandy in cuffs, you will.

>still absurd

Such is vidya by a hammy bastard like this one's maker.

>Human+

Hmmm, yes.

>clean athletes

Can't hang with the best when the best are there by virtue of being 'more human than human'.

>knows it is a joke

The Chinese certainly find it funny from what I hear out of sports fans.

>who doesn't enjoy good fiction

Your mum?  inb4moderationforflaming *and yes that is considered against the rules at GFAQs*

Lithius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Lithius

Clotho "If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh!" - Magus

Loom Chamber:Floor 1 - I used Motk from range on the arms and proceeded upwards

Loom Chamber:Floor 2 - Same as before using MotK to damage the arms safely. I did the puzzles and proceeded.

Loom Chamber:Floor 3 - I went to the right and used CR to clear the cadavers without having to climb the wall. I used the amulet and used the hammer to harm her left arm and pushed the lever into position. I let her arm come back up, then used the amulet, got close to her and used rage with the hammer to injure both arms, I then pulled up the blade, used the same tactic to injure her arms, and finished her off.

Loom Chamber:Floor 3:Hallway -Navigate

Loom Chamber:Floor 4 -Navigate, pull lever and get to threads

Loom Chamber:Floor 3:Strands of Time -Operate correct strands, get to Mirror and leap through

Summit of Sacrifice

Zeus "Deserve's got nothing to do with it" - William Munny.

"See the Eagle's brilliant eye, And wings on which he holds the sky! He spies the land and spies the sea, And even spies a child like me."

Stage 1 - Not too bad. I used exclusively DR, and AQ in this phase. I was able to get in a couple of DR before the sirens appeared on his right hand. Once they appeared I was able to quickly hit the first with DR twice, then got pushed back, and a third got a prompt. I grabbed her, and use AQ to trick through Zeus's fist, which did enough damage to knock his hand back, and separate the sirens. They drop a bunch of magic orbs so I wasn't in danger of running out. The only thing that really got me here was it took a few tries to get the timing of roll tricking through their screams, and Zeus's ground pound seems to be a 1 hit kill. With AQ knocking them away from each other it was just getting a prompt on one with DR, then using AQ as the fist came down. It didn't take too long for the next phase to begin.

Stage 2 - Fairly straightforward. I played this whole fight pretty conservatively. I countered his lightning bolts with the fleece, and jumped over his follow up punch, which allows for a few hits. His attack where he smashes down in front of him with the force then uses it to send a beam along the ground I jumped over him to avoid. His punch combination is easy to parry and counter, or block and jump over him to avoid the third hit. The majority of this phase was me letting him teleport around and getting in hits when I could. My preferred combination was tss, but I'd just use s or ss if I didn't feel I had the time to safely land in that t. It's tough to get a long combination in on him so I didn't even try, opting to wear him down slowly and safely after avoiding his attacks. I noticed when he's trying to grab you after the phase change the combo counter goes up if you hit him. Does that damage transfer to the next phase?

Stage 3 - I was having trouble with this phase and I consulted this video for guidance http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0yuSXdrw2s. Every time I do a youtube search for a God of War video Shinobier is almost always the first to come up so his video is the one I ended up using. I'm not sure the cause of it, but if you stay away from him and keep swinging your blades he won't teleport around, but will just walk towards you. I was able to use t3 repeatedly while trying to keep him in the middle in relative safety. It took a bit but that was enough to get me through to the next phase. I got hit using my magic on TB when the phase started.

Stage 4 - Same as 2 but I played even more carefully, haven taken damage at the start of the earlier phase and only being around half health. It's just like 2 with avoiding his attacks as noted and getting in a few hits when I could.

Stage 5 - I hit Rage of the titans and started using s hits and it only took a few seconds before he stumbled and I got the prompt. This was a real tough run and I'd like to thank GMG for his help making it possible.

-Do the CS mini-game

The Loom Chamber

-Puzzle/mirror

>DBG The magic girls well was starting to run dry so I stuck my finger into the Vegeta has defeated Goku twice spring and people are eating it up. You should check out my handiwork if you get a chance in the Goku vs Vegeta topic.

>MGS3 Did you ever play Peace Walker Snake? It's a must play if you haven't.

>Flagg Have you read The Eyes of the Dragon? It's got him in it, but he gives a pretty poor performance. I assume this is one of Flagg's earlier adventures, although he's at least 1000 by the time of that book.

>The Crimson King That guy is a really bizarre villain. His plan to use Mordred as a back up to defeat Roland has gotta be one of the most convoluted plans ever conceived by a villain.

>Pacquiao I'm sure juicing is prevalent in all sports, but I singled out this guy because he was something like 30 years old before he came on the American scene and knocked out all those people. He had a decent knockout record before coming to the US though.

>195KG clean and jerk It's hard to tell from that video but he's a pretty short guy too, only about 5 foot 7.

>Reading I was actually talking to GMG there.

>Not there yet I didn't think I was, this isn't even the longest I have spent on one part. The 3 Geryons fight in my PAIN+ has the distinction if you don't count Phase 2 Persephone in PAIN+, which I eventually just flat out gave up on. I was just curious if you happened to know off hand the longest any runner has spent on any one part without quitting.

>Cancels with hammer I only knew of block cancelling and CR cancelling. I'll try out TB cancelling at some point.

>Tricking I'm quite good at tricking with the roll. With the bow I can trick through certain things, but not many. For PAIN+ I'm gonna be consulting videos for most of the run so I'll see good places to use and practice it.

>Could have mixed it up more Agreed, they went overboard with the legionnaires here, having them prominently featured in 5 of the 7 waves.

>Hypothetical 9X Wraiths of Asphodel 9 at once is a little much to ask of a runner. 3 or 4 at once seems fair with a total of 9

>Slapped around in wave 2 A bit careless indeed. I'm so used to watching for the blue flash from the armored legionnaires that I got hit by one of the unarmored ones.

>W5 I'm gonna have to use the arena to get used to fighting these enemies without the hammer, but that run isn't gonna be for a bit.

>MotK on the rubbish I had a tiny sliver of health left and no magic. I wanted to take no risks here. Getting all the way down, and clearing out the cyclopes only to be killed by some mook would be very disheartening, so I decided not to risk it and just chip them away to ensure I could move on.

>Berserk I used to have a friend who was all about it and he told me the premise. I always intended to read the manga, but never got around to it. Isn't it about a feller named Gatsu who has to defeat various monsters on his quest to do something?

>Next Not sure if I'm gonna do NUR+ of 1 or 3 yet, but I'm leaning towards 3. I'm probably gonna do a run of Fight Night Champion single player story mode on Greatest of All Time difficulty. A very tough run, but a short game so it shouldn't take long.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 MrStarkiller

Left off the testing at Manticore.  Slows me down so much to have to name areas while testing things that largely don't matter to higher level runs.

---

Clotho

Loom Chamber:Floor 1

-That works fine.  The second arm is perma-killed if you let it grab you, but that will deal damage on activation (serious for GKPAIN+).  These little arms are instantly downed without dealing the necessary damage via launches landed during their neutral state between attack animations.  SoD t1 is good at this.  When downed, launches, bounces, knockbacks (if I remember right), etc. will bounce the arm and reset the wake-up timer each time.

Loom Chamber:Floor 2

-Wouldn't hold it against you to just skip this trash later on.  More puzzle than fight.

Loom Chamber:Floor 3

-With all your options, things are fairly simple.  Abusing the wall for higher runs is a safe bet.  Rather, to get them right at the edge of collapse before getting down.  My old notes cover this.

Loom Chamber:Floor 3:Hallway

-Navigate

Loom Chamber:Floor 4

-Navigate, pull lever and get to threads

Loom Chamber:Floor 3:Strands of Time

-Operate correct strands, get to Mirror and leap through

Summit of Sacrifice

Zeus

Stage 1 - There are some neat tidbits for this fight, but not all need be mentioned for this sort of run.  Some won't apply outside NG+/BP anyway.  Aside from the hand, you may attack his face when he is provoked to come close.  There is a way to only need two Siren Widow OS kills, but I never really figured out how to reliably do this.  No CC option here, so DR has to be used carefully.  Screams were catching you, eh?  You can trick them with TB even.  I don't believe they let you simply double jump over them, but I keep recalling something like this working for some reason.  I'd have to review my notes.

Stage 2 - Very old school with return, leap over and normal slaps.  DR lock is something to graduate to along with TB tricking basically everything he does (though if you can use Argo's Revenge/return, there are some times it can benefit you to use them still).  Light magic use can be afforded as well, but maybe you wish to speed up S3 a bit.

>damage transfer

I don't believe so, but I've had old glitch notations about skipping phases with him.  Never figured out why it happened.

Stage 3 - Shin put out early videos of a basic (well known) challenge run type in decent (video) quality.  It's only natural that his would get the most views (preferred by search).  He can and will zip about a bit, but doesn't do it much if you keep away and stick to t0/t3 spam from just outside his range (not too unlike Hermes handling).  Consider watching "TazOne1" in the future regarding challenge runs.  Many of his videos have more up to date tactics with skill similar to Shin.  With GoW:A, Taz and Adelrayan.  Findlestick doesn't too often do challenges, but he's a good call now and again.  Wulf2k is showing some of the cheaper antics available to us in GoW:A for a VH NUR+ (shield plume especially *maybe Captain Planet glitch some other time*).  For glitching, AKheon and Findlestick are suggested (satvara in GoW1).  Deeb has been doing a lot of run work recently.  The gent has lots of videos.  We've many runners that could be denoted, but that's enough for now.

Stage 4 - ...

Stage 5 - >thanks

Bah.  I'm not good with appreciation, gratitude, etc.  "I-I didn't help you because I like you or anything, b-baka!  I just felt like it. That's all."

-Do the CS mini-game

The Loom Chamber

-Puzzle/mirror

---

>run dry

You would need to be more aggressive to get the deeper reserves out of it.

>Vegeta defeated Goku

Better to word it is he is "undefeated" against Goku.  Go on about how it is "canon" now and forever.  Maybe start with the talk of how Goku is a "terrible father, husband and friend".  All true.

>eating it up

As always.

>check out

I'll head that way soon.

>lifting

Ah, yes. That reminds me.  I shared this with Snake and the gent, but you weren't around then:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpCbpyVYqnM

>longest spent

I'd go with TazOne1 against he Clones in VH NUR and higher.  Something like seven months.

>only knew of

CC, TB cancels, EH cancels, etc.  Lots of options.  EH/TB are the best without needing pauses (CC).

>but not many

You'll have plenty of time to practice.

>consult videos

Again, aside from Shinobier, consider TazOne1, findlestick, gent, etc.  Then there are write-ups to consider.

>went overboard

Yet their welcome wasn't as worn out as the foes that recur in GoW:A somehow.  Probably because they're designed better.

>a little much

For the average player, sure.  I know the fight well.  "Looking for trouble?  Welll you've...found it."

>3 or 4 at once with respawns

I don't really see that being a big deal with three sets of three (same set-up as 9x Sirens in GoW1), but I suppose the sort of fights I denote at times are more appropriate for Arena custome challenges.

>caught by Sentry

I see.

>W5 Arena practice

SoD, Wings and Blades, yes?  Though BoO applies for the GKTMNUR.

>played safe

I'd figured as much.

>Berserk

>Gatsu

His name is "Guts".  The early fans made huge errors due to weeaboo tendencies.  Lots of names had to be officially stated in English by the maker and they still pull this nonsense.  Also, the 'Hawks' are the "Falcons" (reference to Millenium Falcon of Star Wars by the creator).

>about

It starts in media res.  He's as you note.  A man going around killing 'monsters'.  Anime doesn't make it too clear (it's manga bait).  The manga spells it out, then shows you how you got to that point (so long that you forget a critical detail until they throw it back in your face).  It's half a revenge story (and how it became that way) and in the later portions about a man just trying to keep it together (his body and soul are basically wrecked with a fractured mind).  I can't say too much about his other motivation without spoiling details.  It's extremely violent, filled with rape, incest, cannibalism, body horror, gore, lolis, bestiality, some gay antics, torture, nudity, etc.  It's of the class made for young adults rather than young boys.  The art improves greatly as time goes on and the tone gets lighter about halfway in (loads more 'moe' is injected with a lot less 'GAR' and 'grimdark').

At the start, the only motivation you're aware of is the 'monsters'.  Something about a 'brand' on his neck, the dead clinging to him and this group he imagines himself at war with (while killing these 'servants' of his).  One of them in particular having a personal tie to him (he seems very cross with this man for some reason).  When it jumps back in time, you start with how he is found after birth, see how he was raised, how he came to know the man, why he's angry with him and fighting monsters (the fantasy element disappears for a long time and just re-appears jarringly as as a reminder of what it let you forget for a long time).  When we pick up back in the 'middle', the story is at its very darkest in terms of the portrayal of the main character, but he quickly begins to realize this solo 'monster of the week' stuff isn't getting him anywhere and his other goal will become impossible if he persues it.

The anime isn't nearly as violent, cuts a lot out, etc., but the original run has decent music, decent animation (for being so old), conveys characters well (gives them voices, color, etc. too) and all that jazz.  It serves the purpose well of letting one casually get interested by just 'watching' (rather than having to read at length).  My motivation to switch to the manga by the end was the state of fury it left me in with the unresolved quest for revenge against a character I came to thoroughly dislike and wish death upon.  I came to the manga seeking this.  Unfortunately, it's over twenty years old and still only about 70% through with the last five years or so having the maker greatly slow down his release schedule as the art improved and he wanted/needed more breaks with age.  There are many who expect him to die before the series ends.  But, again, the anime is a good way to start light before you get the full treatment.  Perhaps later you can see the OVAs for a bit more faithful representation of the manga (though inferior to the anime and manga in other ways) while even getting to see bits beyond the anime (perhaps).  There was a game with cutscenes that cover portions beyond what the anime showed (so that serves a similar purpose).

>leaning towards GoWIII

Very well.

>shouldn't take long

Noted.

Lithius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Lithius

>Skip floor 2 Clotho Didn't know that was possible, not that's it's hard anyways.

>Screams catching me A bit at first, once I figured out I could get into somewhat of a cycle with AQ tricking it didn't really come up.

>Old school tactics for Zeus I'm sure they're quite old as they're very basic avoid his attacks and get in a few hits when possible. Don't you have to use bow or head tricking to avoid the lightning on GKPAIN+ with the hammer?

>Videos I'll be sure to reference those runner's videos in the future. That weight lifting girl has a nice body, but she has a gay man's haircut.

>Not good with appreciation Me neither. I doubt many folks even bother to thank you for your efforts. That's how people are these days, thin skinned ingrates.

>DBG It looks like your Gamefaqs account got suspended. Some thin skinned mod trying to people some sort of public avenger I'm sure. Can you even see the topic in question? It looks like the fact that you were suspended coincided with my posting in that topic and now the whole board is absolutely convinced I'm you, posting under an alt. This is somewhat of a compliment since I went out of my way to mimic your posting style as closely as I possibly could, while still maintaining a bit of my own style.

>Hypothetical Wraiths of Asphodel wave They'd have to throw something else in there with them to make it really fun. 4 wraiths and 2 Cerberus breeders + some seeds sounds fun.

>W5 arena practice I'm probably gonna practice with just the blades since my next planned run of 2 will be PAIN+.

>Berserk Sounds like a blast. I'll be sure to check it out if I get a chance to.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 MrStarkiller

>didn't know it was possible

Haven't seen the speedruns, read the Glitch FAQs, checked out my playlist of glitches/exploits by various vets, etc., I see.

>have to use bow or head tricking

>to avoid lightning in GKPAIN+ w/ BH

Yes.  If using BoO or SoD, you don't need to (tricking into evade is good).  With the Blades you can just air block, but using it for that stage is a glitch (one among many).

>gay man's haircut

Or dyke Whichever comes first.

>bother to thank

Happens now and then.  I don't do it for that aim.  I'd be bereft of returns were that my aim.  Instead, I seek to validate the time I put in to learn all this.  The initial thrill of discovery is nice along with successful application to overcome an obstacle in a quest for mastery, honor, etc. to build pride.  But then I will have no great feats left to perform.  The work will lose meaning if it no longer serves a function.  Teaching helps to better understand (and retain) what I've learned while managing to make all that work from the past continue to enjoy purpose.  Maybe even encourage a new runner to make findings of their own (teaching me something as a sort of payment for the effort I put into the process).

>thin-skinned

Not ideal for business dealing with TUGOWU vets (or GoW vets in general).  Largely thanks to the influence of chaps like me in the community.

>got suspended

I moved the hearts and minds of a few chaps.  A mod among them.  I have that effect.

>public avenger

One of many.  The 'newbies' are like that.  Taking the 'law' out of context for vigilante justice.  Foolishness.  And pointless in its futility.  For the GoW:A board is dead as it should be.  I have already won and my fellow vets continue my work.  Nothing will have been accomplished with the gesture of ill-will.

>see the topic

Yes.

>coincided

It didn't.  I've been on the naught list for the better part of a month.

>posting under an alt

Most know better despite their act.  Remind them it is against the terms to imply as such.  That will further convince them that you are me.

>mimic of style, jargon, format, etc.

There are many who end up doing this.  Some that are 'fans' of it that make it their own (adapting and changing it to suit themselves).  Then there are those that seek to try at mockery only to achieve flattery through imitation.  Just beware that if you ever manage to reach 'my level', you will surely get them by the balls to the point they start using rules outside their establish paramaters (this format is one such way they can try to have at you).

>something else

I no longer recall what foes best pair with them.  The CotF creation thread might have some ideas on that matter.

>just the Blades

By all means.

>check it out

I can PM places to view it (or read it).

Lithius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Lithius
>Speedruns I haven't seen any. I'm not interested in doing those, so I haven't bothered to check any out.

>>Glitch FAQ Haven't read that, might be worth checking out >Glitch videos I have seen a lot of those, not nearly all of them, but when I see new ones uploaded I check them out just to see what kind of tricks can be pulled. >New runner make findings of their own I wish I'd been around earlier, I might have been able to contribute some stuff, but as of now it seems everything I figure out has been known for a long time. I'm sure there's some stuff with Ascension, but I'm not very interested in that game.

>Thin skin A few dedicated weeks at the boxing gym would fix that for them, but I don't foresee many of them having the gumption to do that. Most of the thin skins I come across i picture as fatties who put cheeto dust on the butter and gravy they're having for dinner.

>Suspended The older the account the more suspensions it takes to be banned. There is this guy who got suspended literally over 10 times for stuff he posted on the LUE board, and after all that he didn't even get banned, just had his LUE access revoked, which has never happened to anyone before or since. Do you have another Gamefaqs account you could use if that one got banned?

>Against the TOS to imply one poster is actually the alt of another Is it really? Have you seen people modded for that?

>Saw the topic How did I do coach? I feel I did ok, but not as good as I could have. I could maybe get a little more fun out of that topic, but most people have given up so I'll probably just leave it alone.

>Mimic style Well you wrote a pretty detailed guide on how you went about doing it, and from what I've been able to surmise that board hasn't seen anyone besides yourself use this posting style.

>Reach your level I'm not gonna try, you're willing to touch on way more subjects than me. Vegeta's undefeated streak against Goku is something I've argued for over 10 years now, despite the issue of it not even being subjective. It's right there on the page, but people bend over backwards to justify their "opinion". So I was able to jump right in and look as far down my nose as possible at the people arguing with objective fact. I haven't read the manga for years, and it's been even more years since I've seen the show, so a lot of stuff I can't remember. Have you ever participated in a discussion about Dabura's power level? It's really not that hard to figure out where he is, but people convolute the issue. Seems it would be fertile ground.

>Some are fans of yours I'm your biggest fan!

>PM Please do. I don't know if it's your thing but you should check out Hajime no Ippo, it's a boxing anime that I think is real good. The first 2 episodes can be skipped though and you won't miss much at all.

TheDean-OfMean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 TheDean-OfMean

>Peace Walker

I haven't, in fact I'd never even heard of it till you mentioned it. I just googled it, I don't have a PSP and I actually never really got into MGS that much as a series, I just like the 3rd game. I bought the 2nd after spending a lot of time with 3 but never got that far into it, I didn't like it nearly as much.

The Cold War was a great idea for a setting. Personally I hate WW2 games, I think for a while there were far too many. But for some reason an espionage game set during the long term aftermath of WW2 clicked with me. The Russian envrionments, the camoflage, the creative boss characters (I realise they have these in every MGS game, but the 3rd had some of the best from what I hear).

I'm considering a PS4 next gen as opposed to sticking with Xbox, so maybe I'll pick up on the MGS series somewhere down the line. 

>The Eyes of the Dragon

I haven't, I'm tempted by the prospect of Flagg in any book, but it sounds like I'll give that one a pass. The reason I've put off Wind Through the Key Hole for so long is that from what I read about it, there were no mentions of Flagg...but I guess there wouldn't be. Does he play a reasonable role in it? He would be my main reason for buying it so I wouldn't want him to barely grace the pages. 

>The Crimson King

Indeed, he was a strange character, "darkles" and "tincts" are words that are actually stuck in my mind thanks to that book. But it has been a long time since I read it so most of it is hazy to me. 

>Pacquiao

His head also seems to have grown a lot during his rise up the weight classes. An obvious sign of HGH, but I still wonder why, aside from enhanced recovery (for which there are other PEDs that are far superior) there seems to be relatively little real benefit to using HGH on athletes. But hey, I'm far from an expert on endocrinology.

>195KG, 5 foot 7

Interesting, I am really looking to get into Olympic lifting to expand my skillset some more, but I doubt I'd ever be competitive at it. I am the opposite of the classic weightlifter build, I'm too long (which does bode well for striking, obviously).

Do you follow any youtube channels? I'll post up some of my favourites.

Elliott Hulse
Frank Yang
CT Fletcher
Cal Strength
Ross Enamait

Lithius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Lithius

>Peace Walker I personally think this game is just as good as 3, but it'd be hard to follow the story if you're not familiar with the story from 2. MGS2 is a game that takes many many playthroughs to fully appreciate. It's got an amazing story, but you'd have to be very familiar with the first game for it to make sense. From a gameplay perspective 2 is quite a bit harder than 3, although I still think 3 is overall the better game. While the characters in 3 are fairly easy to relate to and more down to earth, the story and characters in 2 are completely crazy and bizarre (What other game has the former president as the final boss sporting an eye patch, double katanas, and a full body supervillain suit complete with Dr. Octopus arms that fire rockets? On top of Federal Hall at that.). One of the main things I like about 2 is that the entire game, story and gameplay wise, is a huge joke, with you the player as the butt of it. The main character Raiden is a skinny, very uncool guy who is often unsure of himself, and has all his skill as a soldier from VR simulations, and he's supposed to be representative of the player, having only experienced combat virtually (video games)

>The Wind Through the Keyhole I remember my father's face as I type this. As a fan of Flagg you seriously need to read this book. It's a pretty short book, but he's quite prominently featured. I'd go into more details, but I don't want to spoil anything at all. The most I can say is it's a story within a story within a story. It's a story about Roland, who is telling his Ka-tet a story of when he was a young gunslinger, and during that story he's telling a young Roland tells a fairy tale to a kid who's afraid because he's about to have to do something very difficult. That fairy tale is the meat of the story and I cannot go on enough about how much I personally enjoyed it.

"I brought it... I brought you the fire... please... I'm sorry..." - Trashcan Man

"My name is Legion" - Robert Gray (King's second best antagonist)

"Hey Trash, what did old lady Semple say when you torched her pension check?" - Carley Yates

See the TURTLE of enormous girth! On his shell he holds the Earth, His thought is slow but always kind; He holds us all within his mind. On his back the truth is carried, And there are love and duty married. He loves the earth and loves the sea, And even loves a child like me." - Old Poem about Maturin

See the TURTLE of enormous girth! On his shell he holds the Earth. His thought is slow but always kind; he holds us all within his mind. On his back all vows are made; He sees the truth but mayn't aid. He loves the land and loves the sea, And even loves a child like me - "Stuttering" Bill Denbrough

See the TURTLE of enormous girth, On his shell he holds the earth. If you want to run and play, Come along the BEAM today." - Jake Chambers

>The Crimson King I bought one of the Dark Tower graphic novels by Marvel and The Crimson King looks strange as all hell. It's almost surreal to read Wizard and Glass summarized into a 70 page book that's mostly pictures.

>Pacquiao At least he's not gonna fight Marquez again. Marquez is gonna fight Bradley, which should be a great fight, very different styles and both coming off wins over Pacquiao.

>Youtube channels I subscribe to a bunch, but very few that have to do with fitness. Here's my Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/Bigzig2, but I haven't uploaded any videos. I am subscribed to a boxing channel or 2 and I recently subscribed to a body building channel, but it's this vegan guy and he talks way too much about being vegan. You can look at my favorite videos if you want, but they're mostly just music. I'll be sure to check out those channels you note.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 MrStarkiller

Zig: >haven't seen any

Pity that. They're some very good showings.  For instance, the GoW1 speedrun by tyrhhjy with most of the glitching findings of many runners compiled over the years (with the best for an optimal path being used *so not everything makes the cut*).

>not interesting in doing them

>so haven't checked them out

I don't have any interest in doing the runs, but I very much enjoy watching them.

>worth checking out

Very much so.  Some sections are more for speedrunners, but you'll come across gameplay specific knowledge here and there.  At the very least, the information is amusing.

>a lot

>not nearly all of them

Sounds about right.

>around earlier

I'm sure you're not the only one that feels as such.

>everything

Maybe not quite to the degree of an absolute, but it's fairly difficult to find any gems that haven't been uncovered by the many other vets over the years.  Easier with new entries that haven't been fully tapped out (and have less vets working on them in general).

>not very interested

The general reason I was able to take a month off from the game and still come back to finding so much all at once that others hadn't.

>fix that

It would fix their delicate sensibilities?  Miraculous.

>fatties

Then there are the 'rails'.  Of course, the fit types more often come in the form of ITGs (very exploitable).  'Gurls' are a rarity.  Most don't find their way here.

>alt

Nope.  I don't care for such things.  I'm not too worried about all that business.  Most of the vets don't concern themselves with such outcomes.

>is it really

It used to be.  Many interesting things used to be rules (but were rarely enforced).  I just like bringing it up as if it still applied since few if any of the chaps you'll come across will read the rules.

>saw the topic

A link would make it easier.  I didn't come across it in the versus threads.  More talk of magic girls instead.

>given up

How like them.  No stamina.

>detailed guide

I just went over a few things that came to mind.  I've had a great many years of practice to refine.  Just reviewing my old responses gives plenty of cases of recurring trends, statements, etc.

>hasn't seen the format used by others

Some are internet naives, sure.  Some just play coy.  Others know better.  Granted, I'm sure I'm the first to use it there, but others were quick to follow.  I've already forgotten the name of one chap I spoke with for a long period of time while giving Lash a good time.  I rarely recall names for very long.  The noted fellow has gone silent, so I've not been too interested with the remnants of the regulars after 'Clash of Gods' killed the place.  I'll visit them after I've had my way with GoW:A.  Could be a few more months.

>not being subjective

Yet some will argue all the same.  Even on the matter of the undeniable case (the first fight) being a loss for Goku.  I've heard it all from these clowns.  Be it DBG, various trash boards I've forgotten or where I got my start (ESF).

>opinion

Something that can be wrong despite all their chat about how it cannot be.  That's another talking point of mine.  I sometimes play it up with talk of how their opinion is wrong/invalid, that mine can beat up theirs, its bad and they should feel bad, etc.

>looking down the nose

That's the only way to do business.

>Dabura's power level

I rarely take them seriously.  I'm more interested in trashing 'versus' topics.

>fertile ground

People don't feel as strongly about Dabura as Goku.  Another matter to work is how Gohan is stronger than him (canon) and will always be stronger than him.  As in, even if Goku were 'Mystic' (his absolute potential unlocked), he could NEVER match Gohan in power.  Genetics favor Gohan as a hybrid. They're just superior to the purebloods.  That's established from the start of 'Z'.  Vegeta and Nappa even conversed about raping Earth women to make a new Saiyan Empire, but Vegeta shot it down with caution regarding having brats (as in mere children) running around that are stronger than he is.  Even if SS3 Goku didn't have the issue of bleeding ki like mad (solving this would be better than what even a dead body in the world of the dead can offer), he would still be leagues below SS3 Gotenks and Super Buu who were trash to Mystic Gohan. That gap between them is just absurd.

Even their non-canon SSG and Billy Boy don't give a reason to suspect they're at that level (which didn't compare to Buutenks who, as Buuhan, was sorely outclassed by SS Vegetto *with no reason to believe he couldn't go all the way to SS3 even if the body wasn't used to it yet*).  Trashing SS3 isn't exactly much of a feat against a pureblood in a living body in the world of the living.  Better than what Kid Buu could do, but that's not really a compelling argument either.

But even better than Gohan or Vegeta usage is just what Goku does to himself (being a bad father, husband and friend).  That's the absolute best approach as Goku fans are about as clever as their 'hero'.

>biggest fan

Stiff competition exists in that area, you will find.

>Ippo

>boxing anime

The last manga I read about boxing was "Shamo" and that went South fast with a huge tone shift that buried the story.  It started off pretty good though.

>PM

Very well.  PM sent.

>Robert Gray

I'm more a fan of Andre Lenoige as portrayed in the TV mini-series.

Lithius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Lithius

>Speedruns I'll try to check some out in the future

>A month off from Ascension That must have been great. Did you work on your tan?

>Boxing gym It'd be a huge step in the right direction. If you attend a boxing gym owned by a trainer who trained a fighter who became world champion like myself you won't even last 1 day with a thin skinned attitude. It's hard for me to imagine for one to stick with that intense of a training regiment and also care that much what random people online think.

>The topic http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000113-dragon-ball-general/66217735. I could have done better, but I think I did well for my first serious go at it.

>Given up They justify it by personal insults or saying stuff like "I'm interested in continuing the discussion, just not with you" I try to give them as hard a time as possible about quitting and pointing out they're not even close to the first ones to give up against me.

>Undeniable first victory against Goku for Vegeta Both victories really are undeniable. The second fight ended with goku face down unconscious. Some argue in vain the fight was over when Goku suggested they stop fighting, but they didn't stop so the fight wasn't over.

>SSG I haven't seen that movie so I don't really know much about it.

>Mystic Gohan I never liked this much at all. While Vegeta and others push themselves to their physical limit every day to improve, Gohan just quits for the better part of a decade and becomes the strongest by having a guy walk circles around him for 20 hours.

>Ippo It maintains the same tone throughout, no need to worry about that. The main character knows nothing about boxing at the beginning and he learns as you the viewer learns.

>Robert Gray I'm surprised you know who that is. Even people who have read the book don't seem to realize that's the character's real name. He's better known by the name of his most prominent form.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 MrStarkiller

>check out some in the future

By all means.

>work on my tan

Not much need of it.  Wouldn't take long with my genetics.  Rather, I spent the time wisely by giving the business to any and all that I could.  It was glorious.  And it shall be again.

>the topic

I see.

>started by Spooks

Dohohoho.  It's like he's hoping I'll come back with a title like that.

>SSJ

>J

Oh how I would run with this.

>DT gets to be right

How nice for him.

>Sasuki has Pickle Man's word cited

Amusing.

>Quadra taking the bait straight away

It never fails.  Never.

>SSG implying anything other than the 'record' matters

I just got done having a go with some chaps on /a/ on this very matter.  Absolutely destroyed them.  They had the same weak arguments against me.

>sticking to just the facts

There's a good lad.

>Sheol whining about how Goku lost

Excuses, excuses. *hohoho*

>Chim-Chim going on about cheap wins

Better file that deep under 'deal with it'.

NOTE: If you like, I can reply here as I would reply there, were I able to do so right now.  Consider it just another demonstration.  Purely academic, it would be.

>Nito notes the 'stars are being killed'

A reference to yours truly.  I'm "da bes".

>terrible father

This is bait worth taking.  Terrible father, husband, friend, etc.  Go on about running off with a little brown boy, mooching off Ox King/Hercule (King Kai too, I suppose), being scared of Super Buu, giving up on Perfect Cell (tossing his son at him and healing the villain, no less), etc.

>Cutter begins to suspect an alt

They never learn, this lot.

>invented the style of posting

I wouldn't go that far.  I just took it from the original setting.  It was an interesting format that jived well with my nature (and the format I used at the time was similar).

>Char says Vegeta doesn't accept it

High standards are admirable.  Even still, all that matters is the end result.  Even while wiping away that fight, that still leaves the other (where Vegeta won).  Undefeated status remaining entirely unaffected.  There's no win condition for these boys.  They're against the wall and they know it.  They're nothing they can do to escape what is coming.  That's the beauty of it.

NOTE: By the looks of it, Char is the chap I'd be focusing on.  He would be put down in short order.  These boys lack fighting spirit.  No stamina at all.

>Beefy calling GMG a coward

A small fry like that giving me lip while I'm away? My, my.  How bold.

>not bashful

"Yeah, maybe so." - Perfect Cell

>Sheol denotes RPGs without specific challenge runs

I'd call him a casual.   Easy to work from there.

>OJ drops by to clue them in

How good of him.

>Dipstick thinks the emulation is flawless

Never did have an eye for detail, that one.

>more stern

Among other things.  "Condescending" is perhaps the most often cited (and whined about) distinction with how I go about 'helping' the boys to help themselves.

>Logickiller

They're still making new names for their teacher.  How sweet.

>mustache

Not for my job.

>Nito double post

He's feeling a bit cross, I see.  Makes me want to step in and give him the good time he deserves.

>did well for first go at it

Looking good so far.  I'll track it.  I've still got a DMC3 TAS to watch along with a great many other videos before I get back to testing, evaluations, etc.  I see the boys of DBG are eager to have me back, but they'll need to learn patience.  Even with a trash entry, GoW takes priority over them.  I told them that clearly from the start.

>just not with you

Clearly he wants Daddy GMG to come home and give him a proper spanking.  Bunch of M's that these bottoms are.

>hard time giving

Their grammar/spelling errors are a good place to start.  Then comes talk of how they're violating the ToS.  Sprinkle in some of the usual talk of how Goku is a terrible father, husband, friend, etc., he can't beat Vegeta, will never surpass Gohan and all that jazz.

>haven't seen it

It's trash.  Don't worry about it.  All movies are non-canon.  Same as GT, AF, etc.

>same tone

No whoring himself out to old ladies and such, I'm sure.  Shamo sure had some low points.

>know who that is

I only know him by that name.  Or so it would seem.

TheDean-OfMean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 TheDean-OfMean
>MGS2

I've never heard it described that way (as a joke with the player as the punchline). That makes it more interesting to me, but maybe I'll just watch a playthrough of it sometime, I'm not sure if I have it anymore. 

>The Wind Through the Keyhole

I'm glad to hear Flagg is in it then, no other reviews seemed to mention it but I suppose it's best they didn't. I've ordered it so hopefully it will come soon and I'll have another book to juggle. 

>Graphic novels

I was tempted to buy a couple of those for a while but decided not to. How were they? I think I saw a Flagg origins one which interested me. And I can't imagine a book as large as W&G being compressed into a comic book, that does sound strange. 

>Pacquiao/Marquez

Yeah the only reason I watched the last fight was because I heard about the KO. There is only so many times I can hyped up for the same fight. 

>Youtube

I had a look at that vegan guy. It reminded me of an unfunny joke.

How do you know if someone is a vegan?

They'll tell you.

But he seems alright. Did you get a chance to check the ones I posted? Another good one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMbV7480CGM 

Lithius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Lithius

>That topic You seem to know those folks way better than myself. I can hardly even keep their names straight. I'll find another topic soon to stir up some fun. If you want to type out how you'd respond that'd be entertaining, but that's a lot of typing so it's your call.

>Mustache They don't let you have one?

>Robert Gray He's more commonly known as "Pennywise the dancing clown", but that's just one of it's many forms. Robert Gray is it's true name though.

>MGS2 Watching a playthrough wouldn't get the full experience. You have to have played the first game multiple times for it to have full effect. It's still worth watching though.

>Juggling books The Wind Through the Keyhole isn't very long, you should be able to knock it out pretty quick.

>I've only read the first one "The Gunslinger Born" It's pretty good considering how much it has to condense the source material. The art is really amazing in my opinion. That being said I'm not interested in the other Dark Tower ones unless I can get them really cheap. I'm not a big fan of adapting stories to other stuff in general though (I hate almost every movie I've ever seen that's based on a book I've read).

>Boxers fighting each other many times It used to happen back in the really old days when fighters fought hundreds of fights over their career, but nowadays even 3 fights is pushing it unless the first 2 each had a different winner.

>Videos I saw them, there's a lot of good stuff.

>Runs I'm gonna start my NUR+ of 3 today if everything goes as planned.

Lithius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Lithius
I'll be filling out my skeleton for my NUR+ of 3 in this post

Mount Olympus

Gaia:Shoulder - grabs into BR

Gaia:Arm -grabs into tear

Leviathan 1 - (Standing 1) sttt and I used magic to trick through his attacks

(Ceiling) hit him with s combos and moved from left to right, staying towards the center to avoid it's hits.

(Wall) same as ceiling

(Standing 2) same as 1

Mountainside:Exterior A -grabs

Mountainside:Exterior B -grabs

Moutainside:Interior:Tomb of Ares -I slapped the centaur with sttt until the legionnaires spawned, then I used grabs into BR

Gaia:Chest:Exterior

Leviathan 2

Stage 1 - chipped on the right side with sttt, I used magic to trick through his slam attack and I hit him as he crept forward to damage him enough to avoid his water spit

Stage 2 - Same as before but I dodged his other water spit attack to either side

Gaia:Chest:Interior -grabs into BR

Gaia:Head

Poseidon

Stage 1 - hit either side with sttt until a claw came down, or he used magic. When either happened I rolled to the other side and repeated

Gaia:Hand

Stage 2 - stood in front of him and hit away with sttt, when he used his fist pound or slap attacks I blocked, and when he used his single stab attack I dodged and got in a few hits with CoC. He never used the multi stab.

Stage 3 - Same as before. His magic hits in different patterns than before, which I'll have to adjust to for PAIN+, but for this I was able to get past it without incident.

River Styx -Swim

Realm of Hades

Hades Path -grabs into BR

Palace of Hades:Exterior

(AoS Trial) magic

(Rope) grabs

Gorgon Serpent Chamber - returned the gaze and smashed everyone

Peirithous Puzzle - the Cerberus I killed with simple block and slap tactics. It never even used it's fireball or tackle. I just used s hits

Harpy Chamber - CG to air grabs and ground grabs if they were knocked down.

Underworld:Cliffside -Navigate

Three Judges:Lower *Trials of Erebus* -grabs -I only let the minotaur get to the end so after I cleared out the the cadavers I dealt with it using CG and T into air grabs to stun it. -I kept the gorgon alive until everything else had been turned to stone and shattered. I avoided the enemies until I got a gaze to reflect. Once the gorgon was alone I shattered her as well.

Three Judges:Upper:Section B -The minotaurs didn't even get close to me. I was able to get them mostly dead from the pots and i finished them off with a few shots each for a prompt.

Caverns of Hades:Bridge - I was able to ring these guys out with CG off the side of the bridge.

Caverns of Hades:Bramble Vent Puzzle - These guys were easy enough with grabs into OH infinite

Caverns of Hades:Hades Arms -Didn't do this

Palace of Hades:Outer Atrium - I used mostly t3 chipping just to be on the safe side. I hit them repeatedly on the way to the barrier, and once I got to the barrier I was able to hit them freely. Once the first 2 died I was able to use the legionnaires and a few slaps to finish off the last guy.

Caverns of Hades:The Forge -Lever

Caverns of Hades:Gazebo -(Dogs) grabs

Hades Path

(RoS Trial) -grabs into BR

(Twin Hades Cerberus) I used rage here and was able to get prompts on both with s attacks before it ran out. I used magic a couple of times when close, and bow chipped until I got the second heads down. I stayed back and played it safe, using bow chipping and some slapping until I got them. This fight will be tough on PAIN+ to finish without damage.

Palace of Hades : Door of Hades -I got them with grabs into kicks and BR

Palace of Hades:Lower Chamber - Just some harpies. I killed them with the same CG into grabs as the ones before

Palace of Hades:Mezzanine - I killed the dogs with grabs, and I was able to ring out the minotaurs with the CG off the side by the tree.

Palace of Hades:Upper Chamber - Just some mooks. Took them out with grabs

Palace of Hades:Lower Chamber *again* - I killed these harpies with the bow just to be safe

Palace of Hades:Upper Chamber *again* -Finish puzzle

Palace of Hades:Throne Room

-Finish puzzle

Hades

S1P1 - (Stand) Not too much to note here. He does a 2 hit attack that I blocked, and a stomp which I rolled away from. For damage I used tsss combos, with just a touch of bow chipping. I find Kratos's choice to shoot hades in the face questionable since his head is the one part of his body that has armor.

S1P2 - (Wall) Tougher than the standing phase. I stayed close, so he used his double claw smash attack regularly. I avoided it by rolling to either side. His grab I also avoided by rolling. His attack where he swings his claws wildly I avoided by jumping or not jumping as needed.

S1P3 - (Meat) I just kept it as far away from him as I could and hit away with s attacks.

S2P1 - (Stand) The same as phase 1, but how now does another attack where he crosses his claws and pulls them up at you. This can't be blocked so I rolled away from it. He'll also try to steal your soul, but he only did this once and I pressed the buttons to break out of it. I used the same tactic of avoiding the hits and damaging him with tsss combos.

S2P2 - (Wall) Not as bad as the earlier wall phase. I used the fleece to deflect his skulls back at him, stunning him, and leaving him open for free hits. I avoided the grabs and smashes as noted before. S2P3 - (Meat) Same as before

S3 - (Wall) I had full magic so I went ahead and used it, a few slaps and a few casts were enough to get a prompt.

S4 - (Tug-of-War) Pretty easy. His attacks can be blocked except for his smash which I rolled away from. I just used sss attacks and I didn't bother to pull away since there seems to be no drawback to staying close.

S5 - (CoH) His attacks are telegraphed pretty well in advance. The only thing that caught me was his one handed smash, but this phase was pretty smooth sailing. I used the grapple points to avoid his breath and rolled away from his other attacks. I used tt to damage him.

Palace of Hades:Soul Summon Trial - grabs into BR

Cavern of Hades:The Forge -Pass through

Cavern of Hades:Gazebo - I slapped around the first one and when the second came alive I used t3/t0 chipping. When the dogs spawned I grouped them up and used magic to clear them out, which also got me a prompt on the second talos. The third was at low health and I got a prompt after just a few more hits.

Hades Path *yet again* -grabs

Olympia : Door -Cast Gaia down - I burned them with the bow as I moved back towards the area you came from. Once I was far enough back I was able to ring out all of them with the CG. The rest of the fight was more of the same, luring them back in small groups and taking out the dogs with the bow, and the sentries by ring out.

Olympia:Cave -Navigate

Olympia:Building A -I picked off the first few with the bow, and as I'm sure you know if you stay towards the back wall by the chest the enemies won't approach you from off screen, so I lured the sentries one at a time back there and rung them out with the CG.

-(Centaur) I cleared out a few more sentries with the CG like before and I pulled the centaur back into that area. It was fairly long, but a straightforward hit and block type of fight. I used tsss combos until I had to block and kept going. Is it possible to ring out the centaur or bait out the charge?

Olympia:Ballista

Chimera

(Snake) I used t3 and bow chipping while staying away. Not much else to not on this phase.

(Lion) Same as before, but I used bow chipping much more liberally. I was playing it safe here since I can afford to on this run.

(Goat) I used magic and rage here, that and a few shots with the bow got him to a prompt. Come PAIN+ I'll need to learn these guys more. I don't really forsee them being that hard though.

Olympia:Chasm

Olympia:Building B:Exterior:Balcony - Not a lot to note on this one. I was able to ring them out with the CG using the bow to burn them, causing them to stagger forward.

Olympia:Building B:Interior:Hallway - I used a combination of burning and BR to clear them out. Just a big group of mooks.

Olympia:Building C:Wall -Navigate

Olympia:Eos Cave Door - I was able to get the Cyclops with a bit of bow chipping and some slapping with tsss combos. He hollers often and his attacks are predictable so he is pretty easy. I was able to ring out and kill all the mooks with s attacks so there was nothing left to fight when it died.

Eos Cave:Corridor 1 - grabs

Eos Cave:Corridor 2 -grabs

Eos Cave:Catwalk 1 - Bow use with some CG into air grabs.

Eos Cave:Corridor 3 -grabs

Eos Cave:Rope -grabs

Eos Cave:Corridor 4A -grabs

Eos Cave:Corridor 4B -grabs

Eos Cave:Broken Bridge -Harpy ride

Eos Cave:Cliffside - I couldn't figure out any way to ring them out, but this is not a tough fight. I was able to defeat them with grabs into OH, blocking when needed.

Eos Cave:Catwalk 2 - Easy ring outs here with CG. I didn't bother taking out the archers until I defeated all the wraiths since it's hard to target them with attacks coming out you. I imagine some sort of rule is lifted here on PAIN+ for the archers.

Chain of Balance:Icarus Vent 1 - Avoided the obstacles Chain of Balance:Scaffolding -Navigate

Chain of Balance:Icarus Vent 2 - Avoided the obstacles

The Caverns:Box 1 -Burn bramble.

The Caverns:Box 2 -The mooks I took out with grabs into BR. The Minotaurs I defeated by ring out by ramming them with CG until they were close to the edge, then launching with T into CG to get them over the edge. I got the centaur to a prompt with bow chipping and ramming him with the enemies around. After I was done riding there were still 2 minotaurs left, but they were of little consequence and were rung out like the rest.

The Caverns:Box 3 -Listen to Hermes then get up the Chain of Balance Chamber of the Flame -Unveil 3 frescos, read them and watch the cutscenes The Olympian Citadel A -Proceed to the wall from the walk way, slide down, cross the grapple point and land on the burning, breaking bridge. -(Bridge) -Pursue Hermes. -grabs -Grab hold the Crane, pull the lever, cross the gap, make your way across another breaking bridge. - grabs on the dogs, CG into air grabs for the harpies. -Pursue Hermes past the portcullis. Use the catapult to reach Athena's Statue. Grand Vestibule:Lower Hermes - I stayed away from him as often as possible and got him with t3. He never used his jump attack where I could reverse it, but I also got in some damage with magic when he got close. Aside from that it was just stay away and t3 when he rested.

Grand Vestibule:Upper -Grabs into BR

The Olympian Citadel B - The legionnaires I was able to defeat by ring out with CG. The first Cyclops I locked down with repeated t0, and when the 2 came out I rung out the legionnaires, then ran back to the entrance which caused them to repeatedly holler. I got the first one down with t3 chipping, trying to hit them both as best as possible, and got the second with t0 lock down.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 MrStarkiller

Zig: >know them

In the Biblical sense, you could say.

>keep their names straight

I make up new names for them and still don't remember most.  The tags I give them clue me off as to who is who.

>how I'd respond

I'll be sure to have a go with that later.

>don't allow it

No.  Clean shaven only.

>Pennywise

Of 'they all float', 'kiss me, fatboy', etc. fame?  Amusing.

>many forms

I'd prefer any of them to a giant spider.

>GoWIII VH NUR+

So I see.  I'll have to get on that.

Lithius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Lithius

>Facial hair A shame. The mustache fits law enforcement so well.

>Pennywise It is the same. That made for TV miniseries really scared me when I was 7 and it first aired, but having rewatched it as an adult after reading the book I can safely say it's really bad. We're talking like almost as bad as The Shining.

>Giant spider The miniseries uses very dated looking stop motion effects for this and the end result is just awful. It's true form is actually a bunch of lights, but anyone who sees it's true form goes crazy. The spider is the closest thing the human mind can comprehend, so that's what they see it as.

>GoW3 At your convenience. I only foresee a couple of trouble spots.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 MrStarkiller

>fits

The Police Department is a different matter entirely.  Security generally doesn't care.  Just my outfit.

>scared as a kid

Doesn't take much.

>really bad

Bad 'good'.  Amusing.  Not 'scary'.

>almost as bad as The Shining

The miniseries?  If you're curious about the deviations of the movie, I can help with a link or so.

>end result

I don't think I could ever be happy about it being a giant spider.

>bunch of lights

Preferable to being rationalized as a spider.  At least have each character see it as their worst fear combined with the lights (but more the lights).

>convenience

Might get to it before work.  Perhaps not.  Certainly tomorrow if not tonight.  We shall see.

Lithius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Lithius

>Scared as a kid I was particularly easy to scare

>Bad amusing Amusing for sure. Tim Curry is a hoot. It's also got a young Seth Green, and an aging John Ritter.

>Spider One of the main reasons they see it as a spider is because when they have arrived it has laid eggs all over the chamber it lives in, which were reminiscent of a spider's egg sac, which they notice before seeing it. Although it has no gender, being as old as the universe it's self, if one had to assign it one it'd be female since it lays eggs, and when they see it it has a grotesque and bloated abdomen because it's ready to lay another set of eggs.

>The Shining I'm referring to the Kubrick movie. The Shining is one of the best books I've ever read and that movie goes out of it's way to be as untrue to the source material as possible (There is no cabin fever in the book).

>Each character's worst fear It doesn't make it very clear in the miniseries but it already tried that as they were approaching it's lair.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 MrStarkiller

>easy to scare

That so?  When did you start Horror?  What sort of things bothered you among the rogues?

>a hoot

The man certainly made the clown fun to watch.

>because of eggs

Bah.  Didn't it have a space ship too?  Speaking of such things, "The Thing" (1982).  The only part I tend to like to ignore is the 'space ship' it tried to build.  That's silly. The rest is tops.  A rare 'all male cast' movie for the times when suddenly there needed to be 'minorities' (had them, but was not a detriment despite injecting 'weed' into it a bit) and (empowered) females *none of this* in everything.  For the alternative, "The Descent" (all female cast).  Some prefer the first half and get angry about the second half (when it becomes 'horror' with monsters).  I don't fault it.  I like the proper ending (not theatrical sequel bait).  Another movie that got 'in trouble' with reviewers for suddenly being a monster film (how did they not expect it?) would be Jeepers Creepers.  I'm fine with this sort of B-horror film.  I was quite angry about the sequel handling though.

>referring to the movie

Thought as much.

>out of it's way to be untrue

Very deliberately going far, far away from what King was after with it in more ways than you know.  Kubrick wasn't interested in the same messages as Stephen.  All sorts of silliness with 'gold', 'gay-pedo stuff', 'native amercians', 'intentional set impossibilities', etc.  All very amusing: http://www.youtube.com/user/robag88/videos?query=Shining

>already tried that

I remember it trying something along those lines, but it didn't seem to really work the angles well.  I expected it to 'step it up'.

Lithius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Lithius

>Easy to scare I watched some horror as a kid, but didn't like it because I was so easily scared. By the time I was in high school I watched some horror movies and didn't care for them. It wasn't until I found books that I started to enjoy the genre. I can't say much about what specifically bothered me. I was always much more emotional and imaginative than other kids. Not a good combination for watching horror as a very young kid.

>Space ship If there was something like that it was made up for the miniseries. Robert Gray and it's mortal enemy Maturin the turtle were created at the same time the universe was. The turtle was immeasurably large (being able to swallow entire galaxies) and Robert Gray had no true physical form. It came to Earth with the knowledge that humans, ripe with emotions, would eventually come to live where it had settled (Derry Maine). Robert Gray feeds off the emotions of people, and it finds fear to be particularly tasty.

>The Thing I've heard of that. I didn't know it was also a stoner movie.

>The Descent I saw that when it first came out because I was working at a movie theater at the time. I thought it was ok, but not very memorable. The main thing I remember is that the monsters looked a lot like Gollum from the Lord of the Rings movies.

>The Shining

>More ways than I know That'd be tough. I like giving fans of that movie a hard time. (It has no plot except people are crazy for no established reason, It's obvious from the word go Jack is gonna be a murderous lunatic, There is no establishment of Jack having any sort of problem with alcohol, but yet he's easily tempted by the thought of it, all sorts of things). As such I make it my business to know the differences. I will give some of those videos a watch later when I can stomach having to watch clips from The Shining.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 MrStarkiller

>didn't like it

I grew to like it.  I started at two with Hellraiser (didn't do anything for me) and Child's Play (targeting children made him more of a threat).  Slashers were nice for the period when I just wanted gore, fancy kills, theatrical killers, etc.  Later came other sorts of horror, but lots and lots of low level trash (and some gems among them).

>began to enjoy via books

I wouldn't know the feeling.  I really only had exposure in that regard via Goosebumps as a boy.

>made-up for mini-series

Perhaps.

>the turtle

The what?

>stoner movie

It isn't.  It just has two characters that get high at one point off-screen as I recall.  It's a movie about paranoia, isolation, etc. against a force that can mimic exactly you and your friends upon assimilation.  It also has body horror with some nice gore.  It's fantastic.

>it was okay

About as good as horror gets with an all female cast can be.  Didn't waste my time with attempts at sexual appeals, 'girl power', etc.  They get torn apart.  I was pleased.

NOTE: Moving away from 'straight' horror, Army of Darkness is my favorite (comedy).

>looked like Gollum

Fairly typical of cave dwelling monsters.

>be tough

You would be surprised at how many deliberate moves were made to not be faithful.

>not plot except

Maybe.  The sub-plots are what concern the chap noted.  'Hidden messages' and such mostly.

>no establishment

Just the movie taking the concept of the book and doing its own thing with it.  Some would call that a "bastardization".  Those people tend to be fans of the source material.

Lithius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Lithius

>Hellraiser I've never seen those, but if they're any good it's probably because they're written by Clive Barker, who is a real writer, not a screenwriter.

>Child's play Those never interested me. It wouldn't be difficult to defeat a doll in a physical altercation.

>Books You might like them as time progresses, but you seem a busy guy so it might be some years in the future. For me as far as entertainment and even artistic value I would say books > video games > movies.

>Stoner movie Are there any you like?

>Army of Darkness I also like that movie

>Bastardization I don't really like that term, it feels childish to me. I prefer "poor adaptation of the source material". I am a fan of source material in general. Whenever someone tells me of a movie I should watch I immediately check if it's based on a book. For example people tell me I should watch this movie American Psycho, but why would I watch the poor man's version of a story when I can get the real thing?

>Mods Do the mods ever visit this board? I don't really know the gamespot TOS, but I assume it's similar to gamefaqs.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 MrStarkiller

>due to writing

The concept was good, but execution wasn't super strong.  The design of the monsters is the most memorable aspect aside from the 'toy' the move centers around.  Less memorable would be the guy who requires the murders to reform his body in his return from Hell and how all that works.  It's neat.  As for the rest, not so much.  Each entry after the first seems to get worse and worse until they became non-theatrical, direct-to-DVD (even Sci-Fi originals if I remember right) releases.

>wouldn't be difficult

For a child, it would be.  Otherwise, this would just be a threat for those caught by ambush not unlike the old man killed in Pet Semetary as the child cut the back of his heel with a scalpel.

>some years

A great many if at all being that I like to see and hear in a passive sense more often than reading full horror novels (rather than short stories *Holders and the like*).  Also, getting novels with alternative means isn't something I often have to explore.  I have more experience on the front of graphic novels (more akin to comics *distinction being as between shonen and seinen with manga*).

>entertainment

I don't tend to find many movies as engaging as my favorite games (due to my desire to interact *forgetting hunger and other needs while consumed in the activity*).  Of course, the movies are passive.

>artistic value

I don't find myself particularly concerned about this.  If you watch trash horror like what I grew up with, it's fairly unlikely you will have any consideration for how classy the movie is.  For instance, enjoying "Dead Alive" (aka "Braindead").

>any I like

Not many movies with weed are movies I care for.  Unless they're being murdered (slasher films tend to punish vices of teenagers).  I don't consider "Friday" a stoner film despite weed's role in it.   I suppose it counts. Apparently so does "Scary Movie" (I found the second amusing in my youth).  Grandma's Boy was funny.  Regarding horror, I don't know too many example of stoner horror.  Friday the 13th does a good job of slashing them.  Jason is the hero in those movies (despite his mother's role in the first *with him just in a dream sequence*).  I don't like the other characters and just watch to see him kill them all in colorful fashion.  Moving away from that specifically, I'm sure there are plenty of 'drug movies' to be more broad.  Motel Hell could count on that front.  I'm not really about that culture though.  More for seeing it brought low and punished.

>like that movie

Was there any doubt?  It's more for "Evil Dead" that there are differing feelings.  The first was okay, the second (remake) was an improvement and the third (another remake) found its place in things.  The recent remake was absolute garbage and I knew that going in...just that I still wasn't prepared for how awful it would be.

>feels childish

Not sure how many children fancy using the term "bastard" these days.  Depends on the region, I suppose.

>fan of canon/source material

I'm usually more for this.

>if it's based on a book

Or took "inspiration" from one, anyway.

>American Psycho

I don't think the book is the version you would be enjoying in that case.  Sometimes the books are s*** as with "Dexter".  From what I can tell of American Psycho's book, it wasn't very good, but had some neat scenes the movie lacked (with some plot points that were worth losing).  "The Thing" is based on a short story (not a proper novel) while being a remake of a very old movie adaptation of the noted.  The 1982 version is fantastic.  The remake/prequel of recent years was an utter disgrace (as expected).

>why

Amusing performances by actors.  Hard to really imagine all possible interpreations of places, characters, etc.  Sometimes your version of what the source notes will be better.  Sometimes the version presented for you will be something you couldn't reasonably have conjured up in your head.  One needs a large frame of reference along with the necessary imagination (while not needing too much stimulus beyond text for emotional reactions).  Having a good vocabulary doesn't hurt either. Christian Bale's Patrick Bateman makes the movie.  The story without that coloring it wouldn't do too much for me (aside from the amusement many have with colorful seriel killer behaviors).  Wasn't Silence of the Lambs a book too?  I forget.  On that note, I recall reading about Hollywood picking its location to escape copyright laws of its day for stealing stories from plays, books, etc. in making their movies long ago.  These days they're all about those same laws being enforced.

>visit this board

When directed this way.  Otherwise, no.  The "Officers" have more powers than mods in some cases, but less in others.

>similar to GFAQs

Haven't seen it updated, but they share resemblances (but aren't the same).

---

Mount Olympus

Gaia:Shoulder

Gaia:Arm

Leviathan 1 - (Standing 1) You're free to trick with DR, but, for future reference, consider working one side (left or right) then the other as it uses breath. Quick roll during breath from the side opposite of the attack to resist the pushback until you can use more 's,t,t,t'.

(Ceiling) ...

(Wall) You can keep mobile while attacking in this case.  Just beware the glitch for moving while the cutscene is still active (falling off into ring-out).

(Standing 2) DR through some attacks, but otherwise using lots of 's,t,t,t'?  You'll want to have more options than DR for PAIN+.  Working left/right for breath covers it.  For 'all-in', I believe the active attack frames are too long, so you'll need to just get away (rather than evade trick).  The single hit melee can be treated like breath (minus the need to quick roll to keep close) and maybe evade tricked (but there is no need for that).  Don't favor the center.  It's that simple.

Mountainside:Exterior A

-No particular priority, I take it.

Mountainside:Exterior B

-Same here.  Didn't go after Archers first, denote BR into collisions at Archers, etc.

Moutainside:Interior:Tomb of Ares

-What openings did you use for 's,t,t,t' on the Centaur?  Let him charge and miss, charge and hit a wall, just block and counter or what?  I take it you used BR for collisions on the Centaur.  To note it, the Sentries can be rung-out here in the foreground (fourth wall)

Gaia:Chest:Exterior

Leviathan 2

Stage 1 - So lots of 's,t,t,t'.  A simple enough approach.  Lots of options, but no need to get fancy yet.  For PAIN+, we can discuss more control methods to lessen the options he has.  If you wish to try your hand before that, this is fine, but I'm also okay with sharing copypasta and going over it.

Stage 2 - To note it, you can alter the camera perspective back to S1 and basically limit him to just 'crash' which is easy to punish.

Gaia:Chest:Interior

Poseidon

Stage 1 - More doing and reacting than reacting than doing.  That is to say, seeing what he does before attacking is more what I fancy.  The PR can be negated with gliding at the foreground while against the invisible wall.  The leftside impale won't hit if in the 'top-left' (foreground) corner.  I don't think it works on the other side.  Baiting his claw stab creates a good opening on the other side.  The stab has active attack frames as it pulls back.  I forget the specifics of the PR in terms of patterns and evasion options.  Usually can't just jump over and I dont' believe air block works.  Obviously it can be evaded through or tricked with DR.  Simple enough.  We can worry about all that for PAIN+ if at all.

Gaia:Hand

Stage 2 - Made a lot of advances for this.  I'm sure I would have gone over this more recently with Deeb, Adel, etc.  Standing your ground, blocking/tricking his blockables, evading his unblockables and punishing with 's,t,t,t' is fine.  You can get fancy with high ground antics, attacking during his full stab and punishing his triple stab with various movement antics, but that can wait.  Landing t3 during the single stab works well (better than CoC, I imagine).  His multi-stab is preferred though (easier to punish).  You can somewhat bait these attacks out, but it's random whether it will be full stab or triple.  Punishing the grab is possible, but slower than other methods.  You'll probably like the methods to work his multi-stab more than other things I can teach about this fight as with 'crash' control in the second Leviathan (Hippocampus) encounter.

Stage 3 - ...

River Styx

-Swim

Realm of Hades

Hades Path

-BR for collisions, ring-out, etc., I'm sure.  Wall splat holds little purpose other than more i-frames and just dicking around unless there are no ring-out options.

(AoS Trial) "Smoke em while you got em." - Vanquish

(Rope) That or kick/grab until you get to the other side (or reverse if you get lucky with what attacks they opt to use).

Gorgon Serpent Chamber

-Too bad false OS can't force their 'flash'.  That's a big deviation (and GoW:A added more bad calls).  Juggling her around isn't too hard, but there isn't any point when you can return.  Without it, you will have to consider letting her miss shots, getting her to QTE (possibly via CG, OH, air OS, BR collisions on her, etc.), etc.

Peirithous Puzzle

-This works fine, but you can lure it beyond the first elevated platform as an AI boundary. Then get behind it and slap the Hell out of him for lots of free damage to quickly get "O".  It hardly ever grabs to begin with.  Never really uses flamethrower outside mini-game failure (and the breath doesn't do jack unlike when we use it on enemies).

Harpy Chamber

-That's fine.  Alternatively, work from the AI boundary (entrance) with bow shots, Inferno, T to alt.OH, bait their dive (jump over) *won't hit unless on the ground from what I recall* and punish with ground OS, etc.

Underworld:Cliffside

-Navigate

Three Judges:Lower *Trials of Erebus*

-Tends to be good to just sit and block while waiting for the Hades Hands to get most of the humans before starting up OS whoring.

-Too bad about ring-out rules.  You'll just have to realize I feel this way about most fights where they deny it.  Anyway, so long as a Minotaur is alive, a Lost Soul will not become one.  If you want more (for EXP or HP), you can farm them that way.  You don't though. If you don't want more Sentries, kill the Lost Souls.  With the bow, that's pretty easy to do from range.  If you want more Sentries, leave the Lost Souls alone, grab and BR the Sentry at other Sentries or Lost Souls.  You can start using them to chip the Minotaur.  Sentries can be rung-out if you so choose to do so.  With just a Minotaur that isn't already at "O', you can consider T into juggles into OH or whatever.  OH and air OS don't deal great damage or leave them very exposed (thanks to i-frames) in this entry.  CG pretty well shuts them down.  Either it will push them far away or cause knockback depending on when you hit them (important to learn when you start wanting to get ring-outs rather than just forcing them back).

-Pretty much the only worthwhile tactic until PAIN+ changes things up on you a bit (needing partial petrificaiton and the QTE to get this same sort of abuse going).  Don't underestimate bow spam for shattering targets.

Three Judges:Upper:Section B

-Aside from this, the pots can ram them for damage or ring-out.  The gap between A and B or B and C is good for the latter.  Dividing them isn't too hard.  Get one busy and bait the other into a charge (leading him away).

Caverns of Hades:Bridge

-Works fine.  Alternatively letting them blow themselves up with the pot, OS to air OS (or OH) infinite, pulling to the AI boundary and using Sentry BR for collisions, bow spam (better for juggles), etc.

Caverns of Hades:Bramble Vent Puzzle

Caverns of Hades:Hades Arms

-Fine by me.

Palace of Hades:Outer Atrium

-So you're saying you used the AI boundary by luring their charge across it then going to town.  Good.

Caverns of Hades:The Forge

-Lever

Caverns of Hades:Gazebo

-(Dogs) ...

Hades Path

(RoS Trial) -...

(Twin Hades Cerberus) You don't want both to reach "O" at the same time.  Ideally nearly getting the other to it with one at it.  AoS and RoS usage is typical.  Bow chip as well.  The fight is a joke on PAIN+ and you will know why when you start using AI boundary abuse to keep them taunting while chipping one/both with classic tactics like dialing up t3 and landing only it (over and over again).  Simples.

Palace of Hades : Door of Hades

Palace of Hades:Lower Chamber

-Again, you have the option of AI boundary abuse and even a terrain advantage (chokepoint).  Checkpoint (savepoint) abuse too.  Not needed for such an easy fight, but it is there to abuse.

Palace of Hades:Mezzanine

-Well done.  To note it, you can also just OS whore the Hounds to get the Minotaurs alone for standard handling of them (trading off air OS or OH on them), abuse the AI boundary (hall exit) for collisions *Valor perhaps*, grab Hounds through the bars, etc.  Ring-out is best.  I'm glad to hear you got it down (at least this time).

Palace of Hades:Upper Chamber

Palace of Hades:Lower Chamber *again*

Palace of Hades:Upper Chamber *again*

-Finish puzzle

-Soon

Lithius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Lithius

>The monster Sounds so horrifying one might lose continence

>Child's Play If you like that movie you might enjoy the Nostalgia Critic's review of it. He's not as good as Mr. Plinkett, but he reviews way more stuff. http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/nostalgia-critic/33673-childs-play

>Graphic novels I like Watchmen. I can't say I've read many others besides that Dark Tower one.

>Forgetting hunger Have you really forgotten to eat before?

>Brought low and punished Murdered just for getting a little high? My my you are stern.

>Evil Dead I like them all. I haven't seen that remake though. The first one is a pretty good horror movie.

>American Psycho I'll read it eventually, and I might consider watching it some time. If I read or see it I'll let you know.

>Amusing performances by actors They've got them, but usually in movies based on books I've read I don't like the casting choices.

>Silence of the Lambs It was a book. A sequel to another book called Red Dragon. I haven't read those, but I will get to them eventually.

>The Thing Based on a short story you say? I may have to read it. I also want to read "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?" Which is the story that Blade Runner is based on.

>Openings on the centaur For that particular centaur I didn't do that for very long before the legionnaires spawned. I just blocked hit hits and watched for the QTE. I didn't really think much about it aside from that considering that fight is pretty trivial in the big scheme of things.

>Twin Hades Cerberus Tell me more about the ai boundary please.

>Ring out is best It really is. No matter how threatening an enemy if you ring it out it's instant death.

>Run I'll be able to get some progress made tomorrow.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 MrStarkiller

>lose continence

I don't believe the Cenobites are that sort of 'horror' icon.  They're just neat.  Not really 'scary'.

>review of it

Review of a trashy B-horror guilty pleasure?  Should be amusing.  I'll watch it after this.  I spent too much time on other pursuits today, so I didn't get to Deeb's run or Tid's first video part offering.

>Watchmen

It was pretty good. The movie less so.  300 was okay too.  I don't recall if I ever got around to Sin City's graphic novel.  Read some Alien stuff, darker Batman comics, pretty much all of Spawn, some Superman 'spoof...Irredemable and a few others I no longer recall readily.  Berserk is about the only eastern variant I was willing to have copies of.  Other than that I've sampled things like Gants, Claymore, etc. that weren't so great.  Black Lagoon is okay.  Ichi the Killer was fun.  Shamo was okay for a bit.  I think the 'Story of Ricky' is a manga too, but didn't get around to that.  I'm pretty sure the anime version of some cases proves better (as with Cowboy Bebop *which is also better with the English dub*).

>forgotten to eat

Rather, just forgetting the hunger as I ignore meals for the majority of a day. Not like neglecting to eat or sleep for days.

>stern

So I am told.  It's at least 20 years in the iso-cubes, creep.

>pretty good

For the budget, yes.  I've seen worse.  Much, much worse.  But that isn't saying much considering the genre.  Entry level.  Low costs to make, high returns, etc.

>read or see it

I'd sooner suggest the latter in this case, but I knew bits about it through the book before seeing it.  Stuff about brain cooking, falling in love with his son and other nonsense (the movie doesn't tell the full story or in the same way).  I imagine they're exceedingly different beyond those obvious cases too.

>usually

These things happen.  Better record on this front than with game-to-movie transitions, eh?  Even comics can say that much.  Graphic novels too.

>short story

"Who Goes There".  The first move was "The Thing From Another World", I believe.  "The Thing" (1982) took it away from being a vegetable monster (alien) and went full-in with the body horror while perhaps managing even more tensions, paranoia, etc. than the older film that didn't go for shock value (sort of surprising).

>Red Dragon

The movie made based on that wasn't very good from what I recall.  The movie made for the sequel is in good standard with most, I'd say.

>pretty trivial

True enough.  Many fights are as such.  Hell, most of them can be straight skipped without major exploits.

>more

Many cases are such that standing along boundaries (or just certain spots) can be enough (if not, running at them and maybe jumping around *varies with foes*) to provoke the 'attack' of a foe, but on VH, their aggression is MAX'd such that they have to make a move before they are in range to use attacks, so many will default to their taunt very quickly...over and over again (rather than actually fighting you).  Just keep outside their attack provocation range and keep to these areas that provoke them and you've got them pretty well behaved.  If you were to bow spam either, they would charge you (as usual), but if you just land t3 while they're barking, you'll cause a stun with some damage.  Just get back in position while dialing up another to land during their taunt for more freebies.

>instant death

Very few can defy that rule.  SWFU1 bosses tend to (minor damage taken instead *aside from one that dies instantly*) not play ball on that front, but non-boss foes (even 'mini-bosses') better pray they don't go over the side as invisible walls don't tend to be anywhere in this game for their benefit (or ours).  It's a rare Action title that surpasses GoW for environmental considerations in combat (while also having a fairly large focus on 'magic' *Force* compared to other hack-and-slash games).

>tomorrow

Noted.  I'm not sure if my usual post is active tomorrow.  They never called me, but that doesn't mean it isn't canceled and I just wasn't informed.  I can almost see them waiting until I'm there and asking me to head over for a twelve hour shift as a surprise.  Wouldn't be too happy about that.  Need to stick to an earlier morning schedule this week (before I can get back to nights).

Lithius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Lithius

>Child's Play review Did you check it out? How did you like it?

>Ichi the Killer I know there's a movie of that. I've never seen it, but I might check out the manga.

>Cowboy Bebop I like that show. A lot of people prefer the English dub, but I still like the original Japanese version best.

>Forgotten to eat Didn't you feel sick to your stomach after having not eaten for so many hours? It's also not that difficult to eat and play video games simultaneously in my experinces.

>Stern 20 years in the Iso cubes just for toking up one time? You are a stern one.

>Silence of the Lambs and Red Dragon I'm gonna have to read them to tell you my opinion of the movies.

>AI boundaries on the Hades Cerberus I'll work on it. When the time comes for my PAIN+ run I'll be sure to consult you for more details.

>SWFU What's the name of the boss who can be defeated by ring out? Might make for a fun video to watch.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 MrStarkiller

>check it out

I did.

>like it

I was amused enough that I'll consider the lad for future showings with horror, but it's no Plinkett.  Odds are that fellow is waiting on the new Star Trek (then the new Star Wars films).  Seems I can't expect him to do much of anything else anytime soon.  I'm familiar with this other chap through a clip where he interviews the narrator of DBZ.

>movie of that

It's amusing enough.

>check out the manga

I like seeing things played out for real, but going with the full story without the censorship was neat too.  The alternative ending was...interesting, I'll say.

>like the sub better

Really, now?  Quite the uncommon stance to take.  With DBZ, I prefer the dub yet again (the original Ocean run before Funimation's original run).  Often it's just what I hear first, but sometimes there is clear preference for what is better.

>sick

I didn't feel it.  I was too distracted.

>not that difficult

It never came too mind as I didn't feel any need for it.  Too focused on what I was doing.  The more passive I am in what I'm doing, the more likely I am to eat while doing it.  The more active, the less I'll eat.  Simple as that.  Thus I snack on low calorie things and fill up with water to contend with this (when not working, testing, etc.).  The sort of 'playing' I tend to do would not mix well with snacking (or eating).

>a stern one

Dreadfully so, I'm afraid.  But then, so is the law.

>have to read them before checking out the movies

Amusing.  I rarely concern myself with strictly the canon (in terms of order) unless I start there.  I suppose this 'Titans' show is an exception where I want to see far ahead instead of going into something on-going that hasn't even finished a season yet.  I do want voices, animations, etc. to 'color' what I read just a bit.  I don't want to make up my own only to have the anime throw me off.

>work on it

By all means.  Lots of cases like this.

>for more details

On this fight?  Not much more to say.

>name

Ozzik Sturn in his stupid chicken walker (AT-ST variant).  Findlestick already has a video of it, his glitch findings and some of my own (only really those that relate to his speedrun focus though *most of my concerns were combat glitches, exploits, etc. for challenge runs as you might have imagined*).  His FAQ for the game came out quite nicely along with the video series.  Top notch work, really.  "The Glitch Unleashed" really lived up to its name to put on one Hell of a show.  You're familiar with "findlestick", yes?

Lithius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Lithius

>Nostalgia Critic He's not quite as detailed as Mr. Plinkett, but he makes a review every 1-2 weeks so he doesn't have time to make such detailed reviews.

>Mr. Plinkett His last review was of Titanic, and that was a while back. I remember him saying he wanted to review the Matrix movies.

>Uncommon stance I think anime characters with English voices feels and looks weird in general. The Japanese language from what I can tell lends it's self to zaniness less awkwardly than English.

>The law is stern It is and it's a harsh mistress as well from what I've heard.

>The Movies I've seen them many years ago, but I've forgotten most of the specifics. I'll watch them again in the upcoming years when I get around to those books.

>Findlestick He's a runner I know that, but I've never seen him post on this board. I updated my skeleton a bit whenever you get a chance to look at it.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 MrStarkiller

>run updates via EDIT

Noted.  I'll get to these.  Have to attend Deeb, Adel, Tid and Wulf too.

>quantity over quality

Hmmm, yes.

>wanted to review the Matrix

It would be neat to see the second and third entry covered in particular.

>lends to nonsense

That just because of the 'I can't understand it anyway' effect or does this not apply?  You know any moon?

>harsh mistress

One worth dying for.  And die you shall. For her or against her. Turn the handle on that meat grinder, son.  I'll stuff 'em in.

>seen them

Oh?  This aside, what of "The Thing", "Berserk", etc.?  I still have to sample quite a bit on the old backlog (and rewatch some things).  This 'Titans' business too.

>never seen him post

He rarely uses GS.  It was only for TUGOWU that he posted.

>updated

I thought to check.  Considered that might prove the case.

---

Hades

S1P1 - (Stand) Lots of bow chipping pretty well covers everything in NUR+.  Aside from being armored, his face is already on fire.

S1P2 - (Wall) Ranged bow chipping covers this well.  For close range, working the flanks (the PAIN+ approach).  I can go over that now if you like.  Seems that's something you were aiming for here.

S1P3 - (Meat) So light attack whoring.  That's fine.

S2P1 - (Stand) Rolling away from the cross-swipe requires more strict timing than rolling at him (between his legs).  The grab is something he'll try a lot if you get at range (baiting this and punishing with outranging it or jumping over into bow shots suits me fine).  His stomp is faster with a larger hit box at this point.  You'll perhaps notice that more in PAIN+.

S2P2 - (Wall) ...

S2P3 - (Meat) ...

S3 - (Wall) To note it, the Mongrel summon is unblockable like the start-up of the 'geyser', but the Mongrels are blockable.  'Geyser' can be easily ignored with moving while firing bow shots and even dialing up 's,s,s,s,s,t' while near him to hit while circling around him.  At the end of the string, just hop ahead a bit and do it again.  Two of these per his use of geyser.

S4 - (Tug-of-War) Letting him pull us in over and over makes it pretty easy.  The vanilla allowance of bow chipping here is nice too.

S5 - (CoH) 't,t,t' and 's,s,t' are the best options for damage, I suppose.  Too bad our summons tend to go over the cliff here.  Annoying.

Palace of Hades:Soul Summon Trial

Cavern of Hades:The Forge

-Pass through

Cavern of Hades:Gazebo

-It's better to get the first two Stone Talos to "O" before killing either.  With the option of magic and rage, using either to help with the Hounds is agreeable.  Otherwise, keep far away from the Stone Talos and OS whore.

Hades Path *yet again*

Lithius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Lithius

>Internet reviewers Mr. Plinkett has the most in depth and scathing reviews by far, but I like like Nostalgia Critic a lot too.

>The Matrix I only ever saw those movies once back when they first came out I don't remember them well at all.

>Can't understand it Maybe. English is a very slow and staccato compared to Japanese, and it can be hard to translate the same dialogue into another language and not have it sound awkward.

>Worth dying for I wouldn't want to get iced for any job

>The Thing I haven't seen it, but it's just a movie so I might check it out soon.

>Berserk I want to check it out but it's a long anime/manga so it'll take some time.

>Hades I'm not anticipating this to be that hard of a fight for PAIN+. Don't you get your health refilled after you defeat him so you don't have to worry about taking damage during the fight? Does dying so many times you get health back disqualify you from PAIN+? I should be able to get some progress made tonight and in the next few days.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 MrStarkiller

>most in-depth and scathing

With regards to a combination, yes.  For 'theories' on hidden meaning, I go with robagg.

>don't remember them well

The first was pretty good.  Beyond that...enjoy it for Action or not at all.

>not have it sound awkward

Hmmm, yes.  The fall of the tower is meant to account for that.

>wouldn't want to get iced

Do the icing (cake or pie, make your choice).  Become the "Ice Man" like good old Richard.  Play Hockey, eh?

>just a movie

>just a X

An effective line for passionate types.  Replace X with something they like.  Cars, sports (noted as a game), video games, 'toy', etc.

>it'll take some time

True.  And the manga will likely last another few years before ending (if the author doesn't die first).

>HP refill after defeat

We talking the bit after getting CoH?  I don't recall it.

>death exploit

It is allowed, but there aren't any checkpoints to help you until you've cleared the bit that matters.

>progress made

By all means.

Lithius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Lithius

>Fall of the tower I'm not sure what this is a reference to

>Just a movie I mean that as contrast to Berserk which is a whole anime series and manga. I can watch a movie much more quickly than I can an anime series, which is why I said I might check it out soon as opposed to Berserk which is going to be a more long term commitment.

>Death exploit I didn't figure it for an exploit. It seems to be there to prevent the player from getting stuck on a tough fight their first run through because they barely scraped by the last one.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 MrStarkiller

>reference to

Babel.

>more quickly

I suppose so.

>more long term

Took me about three days to power through the manga.  I had time off, granted.

>for an exploit

The application of the feature is exploitative by nature.  Not like it is some technique (minor exploits and major exploits) being employed.

>prevent from getting stuck

And denying the penalty of failure to better handle earlier bits by making the checkpoints not only for not losing progress, but undoing some of the sins of the past.  This is particularly frowned upon in PAIN+. Thus the favoring of restart whoring over allowing deaths (if you lost any HP prior to that checkpoint).  It was worrisome with GoW:A that Hard and below gave full HP refills on death or restart at all checkpoints.  VH doesn't do that, but does still have the death exploit (I'm sure).  This makes its Hard perhaps the biggest joke of the franchise.

Lithius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Lithius

>Tower of Babel Who was strong enough to knock over a whole tower? Or was it poor craftsmanship?

>Three days Impressive. I wouldn't be able to finish it that fast even if I had the time, that's too much in too short a time frame.

>Other topics I updated my skeleton a bit, hopefully I should be able to make some more significant progress this weekend. Have you seen the Bayonetta 2 trailer? Do you know the story with the - posts I keep seeing? is it from people deleting their posts?

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 MrStarkiller

>who was strong enough

God, apparently.

>poor craftsmanship

If it could really scrap the 'heavens' (clouds), it must have been really something to even get that far with the trash materials of the time.  Allowing for the story to be true rather than just one of many tales not to be taken literally.

>three days

It would likely take four now.  It was slightly shorter then.

>updated skeleton

Noted.  I finished with Wulf, but have to attend Tid, Deeb and Adel.  I've been having a go with lads about one series in particular (very sensitive times, but that will have passed by now...until the next side of the storm hits in a month or so).  Less so the E3 console wars (amusing).

>Bayonetta 2 trailer

I saw the gameplay coverage as well.

>negative posts

The system recognizes it is displaying less posts than are actually there.

>deleting posts

Usually that would be the case.  Here is just a matter of system instability showing the past rather than the present.

Lithius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Lithius

>God is that strong I wonder if the bible condones boxing or reading fiction.

>Bayonetta 2 Are you liking what you're seeing? I think it looks like it has potential, but I need to see more.

>Other topics You sure are nice GMG, why are those mods on Gamefaqs giving you a hard time? You go so far out of your way to help your fellow human being.