MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MrStarkiller
Member since 2008 • 18984 Posts

You're all free to denote ideas for the SP (bosses, weapons, etc.) here. I'll do as much myself in time. For the moment, I'll stop to evaluate some pros/cons of the various GoW games (only lightly touching on story, graphics, sound, etc. and mostly focusing on gameplay, replayability, etc.).

NOTE: Might add in area-by-area coverage or expand on some areas. Might not. We'll see about that later. SP suggestions for GoW:A have just begun. I'll have to review old notes and other threads. Input of others would be appreciated.

Ascension suggestions *WIP*

Collisions:

[spoiler] -Take the GoWIII system (wall/object collisions, knockback colliions, full, half *three cases*, etc.) and give it the GoW1/GoWII inverse scaling with Armor. If there is a move like Battering Ram again, make it (and only it) static. Simple. [/spoiler]

Petrification:

[spoiler] -Partial petrification is a bit much to be honest. Stare harming statues was also a bit odd, but slightly more acceptable. I'd allow the latter again, but the former seems destined to come at the cost of having the spell for us to use freely at all (because it would be way too good or force crippling of the spell). Item versions are a pain to draft up. I'd rather not have to resort of a possession.

What is desired is simply a spell. I'm unsure if magic tied to weapons is intended again, but there is a certain case Stheno's powers could be attached to if not just taken through her head being collected (as is desired). Regarding the system, the GoWII system was pretty much perfect (as I've said and detailed down below).

A WW version would be nice. We just don't know enough about how they work yet. [/spoiler]

Friendly Fire:

[spoiler] -Mounting beasts to use them against allies and petrification aside, it is nice when enemy attacks can hit (at least moving) their allies. Even if the damage were to be reduced, it would still be neat. Maybe have only certain attacks have the property.

Good to see some of this at play if only with large targets hitting the small ones. Wonder how this will actually pan out. [/spoiler]

Ring-out:

[spoiler] -Let's try not spamming the invisible walls or making them monstrously high. If the player falls to their death, that's on them. If the monsters fall to their death, sucks to be them. Leaving the option to use this instant kill for the more clever players (not looking to chip things out again and again) is desired.

SP Demo made it look like they aren't yet limiting this option (very good). [/spoiler]

Enviro:

[spoiler] -GoW1 had lots of traps and they weren't unwelcome. GoWIII expanded use of pots into this area (oil pots for explosives, ramming in general, etc.). We always tend to have some environmental edge...but I just want to make clear that always locking us in and spamming featureless arenas (with lots of respawns) would be highly upsetting conduct. [/spoiler]

Navigation:

[spoiler] -I don't see 'ropes' coming back even though we're in the past and aren't nearly the same Kratos who would swing around on his own weapon. If they do, I won't mind it. That and beams to mess with people who can't navigate them (GoW being forgiving with the grabbing of them). Rolling platforms too (plenty in GoW1). Quick movement options are all a must though. I'm not at all thrilled about this Uncharted navigation talk if it means no wall/ceiling combat. GoWIII had the wall combat down, but it just didn't set up much of anything to do with the work done. Ceiling still needed maybe a bit more work though. Swimming could use the grab (and things to use it on) along with some of the positive attention from GoW1 and GoS. As for underwater combat, I don't know that I'd want to even dare let anyone try to make it. There has yet to be an Action game (or much of any) where this was a good idea *but then there are other places where this note of caution applies*. Icarus Vent/Pegasus like bits are fine, but have to be carefully handled. [/spoiler]

Puzzles:

[spoiler] -Rapid moving and turning of boxes was highly convenient, but not so much the kick push being nerfed. Again, collisions added made for a nice touch. Again, I cite Catherine as a more recent puzzle game with boxes galore. Other than that, there isn't much I can say beyond cautioning about some of the past puzzles and how they are felt about in past entries. Would be nice if one didn't have to do them in repeat playthroughs over and over again even if it meant using EXP just to skip them. Some might suggest chapter selects (at savepoints/checkpoints). All fine for NG+, yes? [/spoiler]

Armor:

[spoiler] -Shield bearing foes are desired, but not a substance only one weapon can damage. Having one tool able to completely destroy the stuff with ease is fine, but the others should be able to manage it too, but only with certain moves and such. If we lake a 'bane' (nice as it was), we could just go back to heavier hits able to chip at the armor if not the really big ones shattering it in a hurry. Light moves glancing harmlessly or even opening us up (bouncing off like a parry). A 'phalanx' among said shield users (if Group AI is initiated) would be good.

Aside from this, the same sort of system would be nice for larger foes (spicing them up). Enforcers desperately need it. Maybe even destruction of their 'ball arm' as an option if hits are well placed. Less necessary would be 'covered' Cyclops, but having that would be justification for the difference in HP being small beyond this advantage they enjoy. A 'large' Minotaur (CoO/GoS) design isn't bad at all. A blend of CoO and GoS would be fine (difficult to block or unblockable melee with reversable grab). But we'll get into all that later. To note it, Skorpius was not a fine case for a boss with this property (Onyx or otherwise). [/spoiler]

Weapons:

[spoiler] NOTE: Besides returning favorites via DLC, possessions, etc., I'd have to think on what to say here. We've already heard talk of the Hammer and Sword with a 'Spear' shown. All very GoWII with room for DLC to make them those very weapons (with improvements). Hopefully not losing the best elements of each. That would be truly upsetting. If I operate on the idea that weapons dictate spells still, I can make weapons based on that. Going the other way, just making them to make them. I'll get back to this. At any rate, some moves not altered by Power % *usually specials* would be good. Piercing Shards and Divine Retribution are the all-star examples of this done right.

NOTE2: Because of Tether and WW, things have changed a bit. MP has L1+X as sprint, but I doubt this will be so for SP (so I will act accordingly). Also, MP has L2 for Escape/Heal which would be nonsense in SP as well (assumed to be items). One possible appeal to having the Sprint would be 'running attacks', but without good strings off them (modeled after GoW1's Hermes Rush *perhaps a rise and 'mount' case too*) it is without much point. Good cancels too. I can only hope we don't have our time wasted with weapon switch specials...

NOTE3: Our Blades have BoE t1/t2 (old is preferred), BoE CoC (hopefully with lvl2 CoC around lvl4 Blades), BoE ground TR (hopefully with lvl2 TR at lvl5), BoA air TR (why not BoE TR again? *it wasn't bad*) and the usual suspects. I doubt counter and evade moves will get any better, but looking to the past (GoW1) could help. The "S" option is back to an earlier form (good for laying bombs and little else). Pity. "T" will likely remain weak, but effective for set-up even without evasion into quick Ascension (and likely lacking i-frames still).

-(Stheno's Claws) We've had plenty of slower and heavier hitting 'fist' weapons, but not so much in the way of fast and furious cases. I appreciate that it wouldn't be very Kratos to treat these too much like Falcon Talons with Ryu (especially the kicks), but there is merit to it. Being more like what is done in Wolverine Origins would be good (lunging moves into option select *not unlike HC for mounts or the notion of combat grappling* is the most desired special). Rather than held inputs for charged strikes (busting armor/stuns), held inputs could be used for flurries not too unlike Odette (Bayonetta). In GoW terms this would be more like Nemesis Whips I suppose (just shorter range to justify slightly more power). Realy though, this exists for the case where it needs to in order to have the spell attached to it. Still, it would not be an unwelcomed sight.

-(Fist Weapon) - Stheno's Claws cover the fast/rapid-hit case. GoW has traditionally been more fond of the slower, heavier hitting case with armor breaking and charged hits. This is not unwelcome. Hell, an expanded move list for 'Unarmed' (WW) would be desirable too. I've seen it suggested that these have more moves like in DMC's fist weapons (Ex: Ifrit charged fireballs, Beowulf 'rising dragon', Real Impact, etc.). If for some reason the tether cannot pull us into mount from air-to-air or air-to-ground *nonsense*, this sort of weapon should have that for ground-and-pound. Tirades aren't too different from the asking of rapid hits or charged hits.

-(AoS) - Javelin WW covers some of the spear moves. I'll suggest a Shield WW soon enough. Not sure how much point there is in asking for this weapon now beyond having both and the stronger specials of each case.

-(Sword/Shield) Short range, lots of different combos (delayed input, mashing, held, 360, etc.) and dodge offset enabled. Just an excuse to have more 'normal' weapons even if it comes down to just the 1H Sword, but this seems really unlikely with WW. Dodge Offset for a single GoW weapon would make it stand out among its peers I should think. That and delayed input for alternate strings aside from mixing up light/heavy. Even mashing during certain moves for extra hits. At any rate, Soul Calibur has some good showings for this set-up.

-(Scythe) Stretching antics of DI, multi-hit tosses of Darksiders and normals/UT of NG? Perhaps elements of Sparda here and there. Charon had one (curious Thanos did not). The 'Sickle' of Cronos could sort of cover this. Doubtful 'time' would be attached to it (electricity already paired with him as of GoWII).

-(Soul/Gift of Ares) Sort of a complicated tool switching between forms *not unlike AoS*. Hammer (charge/smash/sweep and flamethrower), Axe (normals) and Sword (normals and pillars). This with specials (or spells) of the teleport *like in MP* variety, pillars, unblockable homing fireballs, rushing grab, fireball volley, unblockable palm, etc. I've considered it all before, but it is hard to fit the moves to a player controled character and more so with even more restrictions on input options. Character Limit makes it hard to expand on these things as well. Even the tentacles were accounted for.

-(Duel Swords) Basically in the same vein as Athena here. Another excuse to have petrification tied to them as the spell (though pre-Medusa). Rushing slashes, flipping hits, etc. Really not the most interesting thing without tossing them around like boomerangs as Starkiller does in SWFU2 while in 'rage'. [/spoiler]

Spells:

[spoiler] NOTE: Again, depends on if these are attached to weapons, if we have 'items', etc. Suggestions from older threads by myself and others might get dropped later. None of these should be altered by Power %.

NOTE2: -LotF spell is simple enough. Perhaps they'll take a cue from the MP and have multiple simple spells (change via menu) per weapon if indeed they are tied to the Blades. I recall talk of 'elements' (more in regards to rage)...which has me somewhat worried.

-(Stheno's Head) Just make "Euryale's Head" exactly as it was and you would have it pretty well nailed. For improvements, you can see about making "Gorgon Blast" (tap circle) less crappy be it through larger area of effect, higher potency, homing *like all enemy versions of this* or even just being cheaper. I-frames are welcomed along with the cancels. EH with the GoWII system for foe resistance, shakeout time and statue HP really was a solid showcase.

-(Ares) One case would be the unblockable homing fireballs. Another for the volley. Another still regarding the teleport (safe repositioning). Hell, even a full screen AoE dealing some set amount of damage (only real draw being special kill animations *people lighting aflame, grunts breaking in half or having their heads explode, etc.*).

-(Various) We don't really get many spells that aren't damage orientd. No buffs/debuffs, special properties, healing, etc. Plenty of ideas can be whipped up for this and rather easily excused.

-(Call of the Wild) Basically another shot at "Soul Summon" (CoH). Various 'spirits' (themed around servants of Artemis) with different attack types. Giant (or Orion) in place of Berserker, giant Boar might do 3x ram with flames (Chimera), Silver Wolves running around to attack/dogpile (mix of Mongrel and Legionnaires), Forest Huntresses (Undead Archers), Wood Nymphs binding targets in an AoE (small damage, but mostly hindering movement), River Nymph possibly exploding to replace Fiends, Stymphalian Birds fly around and fire feathers around, Pan for a song reducing foe aggression or a wail acting like a Seductress/Widow shockwave, Humans just running around (AI prioritizes them and tries to kill said targets), Hind running around really fast ramming things (preferably hitting big targets and getting stuck on them for multi-hits like Centaur General), etc.

-(Apollo's Plague) A redone SoE basically. Early on just a swarm of locusts and disease to stun and lightly damage targets with light returns on HP for us. Later more swarms, better stuns, greater damage and significantly better HP returns. Hopefully not obscuring vision as badly as SoE. [/spoiler]

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MrStarkiller
Items:

[spoiler] NOTE: I really liked this system. Another 'bow' wouldn't be unwelcome, but perhaps go with a slower, heavier case like a Greatbow with huge arrows (costs more). Adding a penalty of varying lenght (depends on difficulty setting) for fully depleting the bar would be good. The Force Unleashed way of handling "the force" was good. Anything that went beyond the meter (past 0 units remaining) went towards filling another meter that took longer to drain than the flipside took to charge. While it was beneath zero units, you obviously couldn't use it. One could still fire a volley of light shots of this and that, but would want to beware going beyond the limit or risk it taking longer to get the stuff back (especially if a costly case was used when near empty). Though there is the matter of using really expensive cases at only 1 unit remaining. Probably better to use the old system and punish going to 0 at all by making it delay the regeneration start a few seconds.

NOTE2:
-'Life Force' is a cute way to bring AotF back as an item. I presume that the system still exists (for now). As such, I might note more ideas. Suspending foes in mid-air with a 'flash'. I wonder if it will havea flare/rage fire type as well (probably).

-(Artemis Bow) Like her oversized Blade, might as well have an oversized bow. Perhaps silver (or gold). I forget the color. Huge shots causing light stun and if fully charged trampling with knockback. Damage still wouldn't need to be all that high. Of course, it could also ape Typhon's Bane for Charged Wind Blast for a homing volley blowing foes away (dealing amazing damage on combined targets, but just meh for others *distraction*). One function for the Apollo case *to the devs* was keeping combos going, but combos just aren't too important in GoW. The long range utility of it was better (with a regenerating fuel source). [/spoiler]

Relics:

[spoiler] NOTE: The current rage is likely to still fill via orbs, hits and QTEs/grabs, but is said to also fill via perfect evades, perfect parries, etc. as well. Intersting enough . I assume it will turn on/off with the same system RotT/RoS used. Had a 'scream' animation for start-up which might be a lightly damaging attack, but didn't seem to ground us (maybe it does). Talk of elemental elements here is odd to me. The 'fire' acts like Thera's Bane from what I can tell and that is quite welcome. Beyond that, it is hard to tell what sort of move changes it will allow for. Light pity blood letting (gathering on us) won't fill the meter at all. Perhaps in a game where we are the Fist of Ares.

-(Stheno's Wings) We've yet to have a Gorgon playing it closer to the description in myth with the bronze/golden wings and claws. A fine time to do so. Using basically every part of the kill this time (Native American Kratos). Functionally the same as Icarus Wings so as to allow the glide, ground/air special and maybe attach the air evade with (R) to it *from the Boots of Hermes*. If need be, make it so that lvl2 (upgrading it) is necessary to get the specials and air evade. It would be well worth the investment.

-(Aegis) We lack the fleece. Besides the Aegis also having a Gorgon Head (Medusa) in myth, it was sometimes a shield (rather than a breastplate). One that would be more than capable in the art of not only parrying, but counter attacks and returning stare. Maybe even allowing blocking on the go as with the AoS. I'd accept having to upgrade it for the option to use counter attacks. Hell, I'd level it again (lvl3) to have the CoO 360 stun of nearby targets while counting as a 0 damage hit to all in range. That was a great perk deserving of the investment. I suppose there isn't too much need of a mobile block without a flame/ice wave puzzle to solve though. It would just sort of be an extra that you could maybe get as an upgrade perk or something silly.

-(?) Something for swimming obviously. [/spoiler]

World Weapons:

[spoiler] -We've seen a 1H Sword (SP), Javelin (SP), Club (MP), Boots (MP), BoC (MP) and unarmed (both) thus far. Perhaps some of the MP cases can make it into SP and vice versa. BoC in SP would be senseless and Boots could only work as a NG+ sort of deal. Might be neat to have a 'Rodin' case of an actual weapon that mixes and matches most of all the temporary weapon abilities into one. This said, we know that circle is the WW input (pressed or held for different effects) and L1+s (special) is a discard. These are the rules I must now consider when making ideas for them *halting the original attempt prior to their showing*.

The GoW:A demo had a Satyr Grunt (1H Sword and Javeline), but also a Satyr Captain (2H Sword *not given*), Talos/Juggernaut rip-off (Hammer *not given*) and Elephantaur (Club *not given*). I should hope those that didn't give up the goods will do so in the full version. 2H sword like a simpler version of the MP weapon (same for Hammer). Club can be the same as MP too. Simple. Only issue is that I can't fully predict how this works with regards to degrading outside discard, input options, etc. Listing damage without some idea of how the decay system works is a bit much, so I'll wait on that. It isn't clear if we can air discard, so I'll assume not for now.

NOTE: Some of these are stretches and I didn't even bother with some obviously troublesome cases from GoWIII.

Centaur General (Spear/Flail)

Circle (press) - Simple two-hit combo knocking foes away.

(hold) - Charge for multi-hit on targets, knockbacks, etc. Light adjust to course would be nice.

(air press) - Fall into small AoE with flail to bounce targets.

(switch) - Straight into the 'air press'.

L1+o - Large AoE? Stronger charge that can mini-game a target?

Cerberus Mongrel (Head)

Circle (press) - Heavy fireball *arc* catching targets on fire like "Inferno" with Apollo's Bow.

(hold) - Charge to fire three at once? *spreads*

(air press) - Fireball from air.

(switch) Fireball.

L1+o - Flamethrower sweep for heavy damage and burning targets. Maybe with i-frames (at least super armor/tanking).

Hades Cerberus (Head)

Circle (press) - Light fireball *straight* with good range and better firing rate.

(hold) - Slightly larger, trampling shot causing knockbacks (small power increase).

(air press) - Fireball from air.

(switch) Small AoE with light stun.

L1+o - Ground pound. Large AoE with heavy stun.

Hades Cerberus Breeder (Head)

Circle (press) - Fire off Hades Cerberus Whelp as homing explosive.

(hold) - Multi-birth?

(air press) - Air birth or fall into small AoE?

(switch) Small AoE.

L1+o - Ground pound with moderate AoE with moderate stun. Sends three large fireballs in an arc dealing damage with direct contact and again with explosion.

Chimera (Snake)

Circle (press) - Three hit combo. Delay input between o2 and o3 for o3b with flurry to mash (barrage into knockback)?

(hold) - Snare to bring foe to us (for short string into knockback or just some free hits), us to foe or 360 (collisions, i-frames and toss).

(air press) -Air combo.

(switch) - Spit (light damage, decent stun).

L1+o - Heavy Spit (larger area of coverage, slighty more damage, longer stun)?

Chimera (Lion)

Circle (press) - Angled fireballs that hit fast (and near) with knockback. Three-hit string based on shots?

(hold) - Charge 'hits' to gain better damage. Timed release (eyes flash) for much greater damage and stronger hit properties.

(air press) - Air shots.

(switch) - Roar for 360 stun (no damage) on nearby foes? Yet more fireballs?

L1+o -Stronge fireball becoming a fire pool with long linger? Catches foes on fire?

Chimera (Goat)

Circle (press) - Comically swing it around like GoZ/Cestus in a light 3 hits string (or 2 hit heavy)? Simple firewave?

(hold) - Charged hits? Firewave with greater damage and range?

(air press) - Light air hits?

(switch) - Lunging heavy for knockback (ram)? Just another firewave?

L1+o -An even bigger firewave? Maybe a lingering fire wall to catch foes on fire this time?

Cursed Remains/Olympus Sentry/Olympus Guardian/Olympus Guardian/Olympus Sentinel
(1H Sword/1H Axe/Mace/Spear)

Circle (press) - Simle 3 hit string.

(hold) - Leaping super-armor strike.

(air press) - Descending strike w/o super armor (knockback?).

(switch) - Same as 1H Sword? *basically a variant of it anyway*

L1+o - Shockwave.

Cyclops Berserker/Cyclops Remains (Club)

Circle (press) - Kick to Slow Overhead (high bounce)?

(hold) -Sprint?

(air press) -Overhead.

(switch) -Overhead?

L1+o -Heavy Overhead?

Cyclops Enforcer (Ball/Chain)

Circle (press) -Slow overhead (bounce).

(hold) - Charged ball shot (more damage with longer charge)

(air press) - Fall into overhead.

(switch) - Lunging Punch (knocback).

L1+o - Same as held but longer attack? Overhead that destroys the ball for explosive release of shrapnel?

Gorgon Serpent (Head)

Circle (press) - Flash.

(hold) - Charged Flash.

(air press) - Flash.

(switch) - Flash.

L1+o - Rage.

Gorgon (Head)

Circle (press) -Stare.

(hold) - Stare Stream.

(air press) - Stare.

(switch) - Stare.

L1+o -Rage.

Minotaur Elite/Labyrs Minotaur (Axe)

Circle (press) - 2 hit combo? Swing into Overhead?

(hold) - Charge swings? Axe Toss (boomerangs back)?

(air press) - Overhead (knockback)?

(switch) - Uppercut Swing (knockback + launch)?

L1+o - Strong toss (as with 1H Sword)

Olympus Archer (Bow)

Circle (press) - Shots.

(hold) - Melee?

(air press) - Air shots.

(switch) - Bow combo?

L1+o - 5 shot with the explosive arrows they sorely lack (Hades Archers had this).

Olympus Fiend (Fireball pounch)

Circle (press) - Fireball.

(hold) - Evade (strings into fireball)?

(air press) - Fireball.

(switch) - Fireball.

L1+o -Suicide bomb? *damage us, but deal very large amount of damage to foes in small AoE*

Olympus Guardian/Olympus Sentinel (Shield)

Circle (press) - Block (even guard breaking attacks) *mobile* Parry works on unblockables and 'returns' projectiles/effects?

(hold) - Maintain guard. Worn down with each block?

(air press) - Block.

(switch) - AoE (chargable)? Rush?

L1+o - AoE? Rush?

Satyr (Special Weapon)

Circle (press) - Satyr combo (3 hit)

(hold) - Satyr launcher.

(air press) - Overhead (grab and toss)?

(switch) - Staff twirl? (multi-hit) Impale and toss?

L1+o -Weapon discard (impale for huge damage if not impaling to wall while alive for free hits)?

Seductress (Head)

Circle (press) - Fireball with very long range.

(hold) - Song charge. Release for stun and chance MP orb drops.

(air press) - Fireball?

(switch) - Short scream (large range AoE with light damage)

L1+o -Strong shockwave.

Stone/Bronze Talos (Hammer/Maul)

Circle (press) - 2 hits swing.

(hold) - Overhead.

(air press) - Overhead.

(switch) - Strong swing.

L1+o - Multi-AoE?

Wraiths of Olympus (Projectile Blades)

Circle (press) - Boomerang toss.

(hold) - Homing ground toss. Burrow? *too good perhaps*

(air press) - Toss.

(switch) - Asphodel toss.

L1+o - Burrow into dive attack? Into OP grab? [/spoiler]
MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MrStarkiller
Collectibles:

[spoiler] -Aside from replenishment chest (MP, HP and RP), mixed chests (MP, HP, RP and EXP), EXP chests, mega/Uber EXP chests, hidden keys, collectibles (Urns/Possessions) and Gift chests (full extensions in one location), I should perhaps cover some basic wants of the Possessions. Not all of them have to be hidden in the world. Some can be earned through the challenge modes, getting Plat, special feats (No Upgrade Run), bought in the likes of "Temple of Zeus", etc. These are means to modify the game a bit to suit yourself once you've found/earned them and are simply having a go. Not all need be benefits though. Hell, they don't even need to have special names and icons. Just give us the effects to turn on/off in the menu for them.

-(Ambrosia) Infinite HP/full refill. Because no trophies when these are active anyway, right? Alterneative being passive life regeneration if that flavor suits people better (when not being struck). The named object to get is designed to grant immortality though.

-(?) Infinite Magic.

-(?) Infinite 'rage' *assuming there is one*

-(?) Infinite 'item' meter *assuming it or some equivalent returns*

-(?) Draining HP *like Chalice*

-(?) Critical Life *like Bayonetta*. No matter how strong a damage dealing hit is, it can only take you to 1HP. When at 1HP, you can be killed. 2HP just leads back to 1HP.

-(?) Zero *Bayonetta. Any hit you take brings you to 1HP. Combined with the other element of Bayonetta, you have an amusing case where 1HP is scary business and anything above it is just a glancing blow away from near death. It's just amusing that even a tiny HP orb with even crap for orb worth would be enough to get to 2HP so as to insulate from the next hit.

-(?) 1-hit-kill foes. Combined with nearly being one-shot ourselves in other cases, this makes for Heaven Or Hell.

-(?) Immune to petrification.

-(?) Petrification stack per hit with weapons *maybe relics too* as in GoWII.

-(?) Instant QTE win *as in GoS and GoWIII*.

-(?) Reveal enemy life bars, life values, damage done (by our weapons and theirs), etc. Like something out of an RPG.

-(?) Insane collision damage. In the unfortunate case where it is decided that collisions are to remain static on all settings (or in a very foolish move, they are to be made weaker than GoWIII), this would remedy it for those that liked it. Simply use the values for full (50), half (25/0, 25/25, 0/25 *agent/target respectively) and wall/object (1 damage could be raised to 5 damage in my opinion). Basically, how it would normally be on VH (20% Armor) rather than asking for something like what you would get in GoW1 or GoWII with worse stats (10% or even 5% being 100/50 and 200/100 respectively *for full/half*).

-(?) As another challenge, one could opt to turn on 'Enemy Grabs scale with Armor %'. When our Armor % is high, their grabs are weaker. When low, they are higher *like in GoS*. This should NEVER be the default. I'd take a possession that cancels that noise out.

-(?) For a flip to this, a case that makes our Grabs scale with Power % (stronger hits make grabs stronger) if not making them stronger by some modifier like 2x or so. Again, this should never be the default. Just something amusing to opt in for.

-(?) Spells affected by Power % is, again, the stuff of possessions (or even costumes) rather than something the settings should naturally alter at all as done in CoO and GoS *GoWIII meddled in this with Nemean Roar and GoWII with AQ*. Spell effectiveness should remain static outside opting to let it be otherwise so when you are weak, they are weak and vice versa. Alterantively, just allow a possession that adds a modifier like 2x or so.

-(?) Offscreen attacks enabled. Just because it would be funny *just not as the norm*.

-(?) I-frames disabled. Same thing.

-(Berserk) In the spirit of DOOM's "God Mode" *invinciblity*, I would also like to suggest this for Unarmed (WW) combat. Insane damage increase (50+ per hit) while tanking hits with increased Armor % (200+). [/spoiler]

Camera:

[spoiler] -GoW1 and GoWII pretty well handled this. No off-screen attacks and rarely obscured vision. GoS was really bad about this. Light testing should show when one is getting hit from attacks the player couldn't even see (or hear for that matter *cues*). [/spoiler]

Targeting:

[spoiler] -Can't stress this enough. It's fine that when there are MANY foes for attacks like t0 and t3 to stray a bit though it would be preferred that they didn't pick priority (all left up to the player's control), but the antics with grab (OS) moving away from where indicated with (L) towards a 'higher priority' target who cannot be grabbed or even negating a foe right in front to reach through towards one that will repel us? That's not good at all. Frustrating to say the very least. Using (R) to toggle grab targets is fine, but using (L) to fine tune them would also be desired as sometimes I don't want to toss at the only other guy in the room or it might not go where I want quickly enough when toggling if there are a lot of guys. Much testing is needed in this area. [/spoiler]

Enemies:

[spoiler] -(Argus) Dropped GoWIII boss.

-(Upper Pandora's Guardian) Dropped GoW1 boss. Giant Harpy as in the video/art.

-(Stheno) Final Gorgon sister as a boss to claim her head *at the very least*. Potentially her bronze claws and bronze wings too (for other purposes). [/spoiler]

Percentiles:

[spoiler] -GoWII's approach remains the best:

Easy - 200% all, 25% cheaper spells, 25% slower drain of rage, less aggressive foes

Normal - 100% all *default*

Hard - 100% Power, 40% Armor, 75% HP/MP/RP orb worth, 100% EXP, more aggressive foes in general

Very Hard - 75% Power, 20% Armor, 25% HP/MP/RP orb worth, 75% EXP, very aggressive foes

NOTE: I'm not going to go and ask for something like alternate foe layout on Easy, Normal/Hard and Very Hard as in Vanquish/Bayonetta. That would be neat, but MP is distracting from the SP enough already (though this would be specifically for the SP). [/spoiler]

Guides:

[spoiler] -Having at least the spell cost/damage gives me a leg-up on the testing of values for weapons *because only FuturePress seems interested in giving those*. Beastiary with pictures isn't a tall order nor HP values and the exact values for ob drops and resistances. Been done before. Listing attack names would be swell (GoS), though I wouldn't expect Brady or Prima to list actual tactics of note, denote cues regarding the enemy attack options, etc. That's FP territory and they don't distribute the product well (and close to launch), so I don't suppose they would ever get the blessing *pity*. Besides the Beastiary and spell coverage, costume and difficulty settings should have their percentiles. This is the bare minimum I'd expect/ask really. Besides, preferably, the binding not being of such pathetic quality that it falls apart straight away with even gentle care *GoWII guide by Brady*. Said guide wasn't bad at all by standards of guides. Very good actually. It just wasn't made of sturdy stuff. [/spoiler]

Extra videos:

[spoiler] -The usual is fine (making of and the like).

Aside from videos, having a section that lists enemy HP and other stats *like the guide would*, tiny bits of lore/history, etc. wouldn't be unwelcomed along with looking at their models (rotating them around and such). Bayonetta did some of this. You all have the exact values for the damage they can do, their resistance, breakout times, amount of HP before they reach "O", what state they are in before they get grabbed, defense options, attack types, etc. The guides hardly cover a fraction of it. [/spoiler]

Challenges:

[spoiler] NOTE: Having some unlocked via beating the others, bought in some store, DLC or whatever is fine *DLC being unsavory as an extra that can't even be obtained until way later*. Just keep making them. I'll list some of the usual suspects later aside from maybe making some tougher suggestions.

-Don't get Hit. We tend to get one like this.

-Destroy a bunch of crap spread throughout the level. [/spoiler]

Arena:

[spoiler] -It needs expanding. Being able to pick a good number of each non-boss foe is nice along with three slots (even using the same foe x1 or so again). GoS expanded in allowing for the option to make a foe invincibile rather than just at full HP. A 'timer' was a feature removed before the finished version. I'd like this back for a timer or stopwatch.

A 'clock' is wanted for some custom challenges if we cannot make/upload our own to share/download on the network (and rate). I'm fine with lacking the online component (all of them *even leaderboards and especially MP*), but I'd like to be able to tell people the foes, time restrictions, etc. and have them give them a whirl if they so choose.

GoS also allowed for picking the costume. Infinite MP, HP and RP is desired along with 100 or 200 units (MIN or MAX if not 100, 125, 150, 175, 200). Again, possessions can cover some of this, but one without them wouldn't know that. I'd like Arena to allow the option to revert weapons if I so chose (maybe I don't want MAX weapons and want to test with the base power). GoWII let me have lvl1 SoD or upgrade it if I wanted something more. I'd like that aspect back.

Regarding arenas, one with huge walls is fine, but all of them blocking ring-outs? Just silly. Make at least one with a cliff or lava around the borders. Maybe one with water we can swim/hide in. Perhaps spike traps, flamespouts, etc. along the walls of the high walls design. Make them interesting or give us the means to make them as such.

Picking where to spawn enemies in relation ot the arena would also be nice. Having control over their respawn (yes/no) is good, but also how much they respawn if not making a spawn pool that changes to different enemies *asking too much I'm sure*. Turning on/off their attack was a fine option from the start *when it worked that is*. Same for turning off their 'defense' option *hasn't been done yet*. We certainly can't go into a training mode that teaches about various mechanics, lets you command enemies to do only a certain move to practice against, etc.

If anywhere should have damage values on display, it should be the Arena. That's the ideal place to do testing afterall. It wouldn't even need a fancy RPG display telling you how much damage an attack did to you or the foe (popping up on impact). Just note it on the bottom like in fighters. I can easily do the rest (recording the findings, testing for changes on settings, etc.). Testing for values sucks, but I really like having that info to work with.

A 'dark' map is fine too. Thus far we've mostly been stuck with featureless circular arenas with nothing to do with them for advantages. Even the DLC levels are just for a different background really. Even a very plain looking level with more interesting combat potential would be vastly preferred to a bunch of pretty trees and such that don't have any barring on the fighting to be done. [/spoiler]

Costumes:

[spoiler] NOTE: I'd rather simple 'joke' costumes take a backseat. No 'X of War' silliness, please. At least tackle some of the more desirable 'serious' cases first. Some of the requested would be small changes from the main model anyway (not asking much at all).

-(Blue Kratos) as seen here:

littlerfc2.jpg

WII *regarding appearance and stats*. Again, if collisions are static, costumes with low Armor % should defy this to make the stronger if not a possession doing it.

-(God Armor) Because we've yet to have it in a PS3 GoW title. Vanilla 200% stats is perfectly fine though he should be leagues better than the rest.

-(Fallen God) GoWII and GoWIII Kratos with the remnants of his God Armor. Not asking much to let us parade around in this. I don't exaclty see this as needing much of any altered stats. Maybe poke fun at his character changing in GoWII and beyond by making his Rage Point orb worth 500% and a perk for filling it 100% faster because he wasn't exactly like this in GoW1.

-(Default) I imagine this is us with the outfit still looking good and no bandages yet. If that were so, I'd want the GoW1 costume as an alternate to this. If it he has them from the start thanks to how the game begins, we're already covered.

-(Hope Kratos) Just give him a blue aura and you're basically done. For stats, make him pretty much 500% across the board. Unbeatable tanking nightmare cannon to blast through the game with.

-(Death) A reference to the whole thing that Barlog was working. I won't get into stats.

-(Other Myths) Norse, Egyptian or whatever. Reference to Jaffe. Stats are another matter.

-(GoW Directors) The only problem with this *aside from getting each to let themselves be put in* would be fitting it to Kratos' body. This is why I don't ask for Athena *again*. Damn shame. Would be comical use them. More fun to have them replace normal enemies. *hohoho*

-(300) The graphic novel Spartan.

-(Ancient Spartan) Not like Legionnaire Kratos *stylized*. An accurate version without the ashes or tattoo. Just Kratos wearing the armor of a Spartan equal if not a General.

-(Innocent) Kratos in an Elysium garb as if to imply he's gone straight (again no Tattoos or ashes). Alternatively, Kratos just wearing non-combat attire like when he was a small boy. Maybe stain his shirt in the blood of enemies.

-(Action characters) Costumes that reference other leads if it can be gotten away with *Both Dantes, Ryu, War, Bayonetta, Prince, etc.*. [/spoiler]

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MrStarkiller
DLC:

[spoiler] -Costumes, Arena backgrounds, MP maps/gear, etc. I'm sure there will be plenty... [/spoiler]

Patches:

[spoiler] -Hopefully none that remove neat SP glitches/exploits. I should like to think game crashes won't be an issue and certainly not targeting (the latter would need fixing if it were a problem). [/spoiler]

NG+:

[spoiler] -Needs to be in this time. Full options preferred. Start with MAX or MIN upgrades. Start with MAX or MIN extensions. Start with all gear or start 'fresh'. Costume or default. Obviously NG is where you get trophies though. So if I want to have all gear from the start, but at base level with the starting bars, I'd like to be able to opt for this. NG+ NUR+ (and higher) that can be focused on any particular gear with any costume. Using costumes on VH is a must *just beat it first*.

While on this matter, trophies ought to have a few that are of some challenge. VH should be a trophy this time. Challenge are an obvious case. The likes of 'no magic', 'no hurt' and others would be more difficult to manage a whole run with. Two simple challenges for two trophies could be 'No Upgrades' and 'No Extensions' when completing the game. I'd prefer all 'challenge' trophies on Normal or higher in NG though *VH being the best place*. We seem to get a few filler oddball trophies and a mess of progression trophies each time though... [/spoiler]

Grabs:

[spoiler] -Hasn't needed much changing. Have a few foes where false OS remains relevant (interupting their moves to provoke another *Gorgons doing petrification types*). The system is good. As for HC *GoS* or CG *GoWIII*, but are welcome as special moves to be included into the system somehow or other. Be it specials for the Blades alone or otherwise. Seriously. They're both lovely. OH's "slam" type case should be open to redirection with (L) again. What is known as alt.OH should be like in GoWIII (one case pulls into the only grab kill for that foe, another pulls into grab option select and another still does the 360 toss as with Harpies). Foe grabs should definately not be affected by our Armor % though. Nor even ours by Power %. Static is best.

-Tether system looks mighty fine and may well perfectly allow for air/ground OS, OH (alt.OH too I should hope), CG and HC. This with the option select while Tethered (tugging, evading and slapping). [/spoiler]

Cancels:

[spoiler] -GoW1 and GoWII did this quite well. Refer to them. No weapon switch specials (for God's sake). [/spoiler]

I-frames:

[spoiler] -Handle them all as it was done in GoWII. [/spoiler]

Various glitches/exploits:

[spoiler] -Wouldn't hurt to playfully leave a few in. No super high wall collisions *CoO*, allow a HJ method *GoW1*, etc. Have a heart when judging what gets the axe. Obviously there is no room for game crashing bugs, but post-release removal of something like a glitch granting NG+ (that should have already been a feature) really warrants all the harping done here. [/spoiler]

Saves/Checkpoints:

[spoiler] -Don't make the mistakes of handheld entries (particularly CoO). Main entries are good with saves. Checkpoints are usually well provided. This said, it is time to have the option to pause a cutscene. Even in the "first" playthrough, some don't care. Just let them skip the damn things by pausing then selecting the option to do so even if it means just looking at the 'GoW' symbol' during loading that is otherwise masked. I can't stress this enough. You don't want to put checkpoints just before an UNSKIPPABLE cutscene, yes? That's poor form. GoW usually avoids this neatly.

-To point it out (though noted in evaluations), GoWIII's autosave was a nice feature. Regarding cutscenes, skipping, pausing, using FF/Rewind, etc. would be nice. [/spoiler]

Trophies:

[spoiler] -Lots of progressions and joke trophies expected for a small list amounting to an easy Plat. I'll list ideas for a greater variety of trophies (though the limit is usually 51). Some won't be so easy as in the past.

-(1) Beat Game

-(2) Beat Challenges

-(3) Beat Very Hard *rather than Hard*

-(4) MAX HP

-(5) MAX MP

-(6) MAX IP

-(7) Find Easter Egg EXP Fountain

-(8) Find all UBER chests

-(9) Find all Possessions

-(10) Perform 1K hit combo

-(11) MAX all 'weapons'

-(12) Kill 20 enemies using collisions

-(13) Shatter 20 enemies

-(14) Burn 20 enemies

-(15) Use all grab types

-(16) Cover Kratos in 1,000 gallons of blood

-(17) Use each WW to kill 10 enemies

-(18) Parry 50 attacks

-(19) Evade 50 near hits

-(20) Sex Mini-game

-(21) Buy everything *Temple of Zeus*

-(22) Unlock everything

-(23) Get top ranks in Challenges

-(24) Clear NG+ *if there is one*

-(25) Clear game with all costumes

-(26) *MP* Tutorial

-(27) *MP* Get 100 kills

-(28) *MP* Be MVP

-(29) *MP* Win 10 matches

-(30) *MP* Capture 20 altars

-(31) *MP* 'Escape' when near death and kill the enemy who attacked you

-(32) *MP* 20 grab kills

-(33) *MP* Get a kill with each WW.

-(34) *MP* Get 10 trap kills

-(35) Kill 10 enemies while riding any beast

-(36) Kill 10 enemies with each spell.

-(37) Kill 25 enemies with each weapon.

-(38) Kill 10 enemies with each item.

-(39) Kill 20 enemies with relics.

-(40) Return 20 projectiles

-(41) Negate 10 attacks with invincibility

-(42) Get enemies to kill each other 20 times

-(43) Kill 50 enemies with unarmed WW *punches/kick*

-(44) Ring-out 50 enemies

-(45) Keep off the ground for 10 seconds *?*

-(46) Use 'rage' activation to break out of being a statue or being grabbed.

-(47) Find and open every chest

-(48) Get MAX EXP

-(49) Get MAX hit count

-(50) View all treasures/extras

*all the below address Very Hard; possessions and costumes other than default not allowed unless stated*

-(51) Use X Challenge Costume *General Kratos*

-(52) Use X Challenge Possession *Chalice*

-(53) Complete game without upgrades

-(54) Complete game without extensions

-(55) Complete game without opening any chests

-(56) Complete game without using any non-forced grabs

-(57) Complete game without using block/parry

-(58) Complete game without using magic

-(59) Complete game without using items

-(60) Complete game without using relics

-(61) Complete game with just the Blades *among weapons*

-(62) Complete game without any deaths

-(63) Complete game without taking damage

-(64) Complete game with fewer than 500 (?) kills

-(65) Complete game in 04:00:00 or less [/spoiler]
MrAssassin83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MrAssassin83
Member since 2011 • 359 Posts
51-65 would not be required for platinum. They'd be a bonus trophy system. Separating the norm from the vet.
MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MrStarkiller

>bonus trophies

I'd rather have the MP and lesser trophies as bonuses.  I'd want the vet trophies to BLOCK the casuals from getting a Plat at all.  At the very least, they should have Very Hard as a trophy (not asking much).

MrAssassin83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MrAssassin83
Member since 2011 • 359 Posts
I agree. I would love to see a GoW game use the VH and even the NUR as a requirement for Platinum.
dosgrtr1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 dosgrtr1
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

>bonus trophies

I'd rather have the MP and lesser trophies as bonuses.  I'd want the vet trophies to BLOCK the casuals from getting a Plat at all.  At the very least, they should have Very Hard as a trophy (not asking much).

MrStarkiller

i'd rather not have mp trophies at all,i'm eager to play it though i doubt it'll be more engaging than a couple of hours a week 

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MrStarkiller

Franchise: >VH trophy

A step in the right direct.

>NUR

Likely, if they did this, it would not say anything about what difficulty it had to be on.  We would have a mess of Easy NUR 'vets'.  If they dared to do this in conjunction with requiring it be done on VH (perhaps as just one trophy to really rub it in), I'd laugh.  VH NUR is hardly a big deal, but to them it would be a nightmare to have to venture into our wild woods.

Plat blocker, indeed.  And it isn't even that much of a big deal.  Not like we're asking for a messy composite of composites with extra conditions (Ex: PAIN+).

Dos: >no MP trophies

I'd rather there wasn't, but there is very high chance of it.  If there must be, what I note are some obvious cases and I should hope they are kept to a minimum and within reason (no 1K kills, lvl MAX with each convenant, 1K wins, 1K altar captures, 1K trap kills, 1K hours played, etc.).  MK9 had one really obnoxious trophy and RDR had lots of MP trophies that were just terrible.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MrStarkiller
A shame most of this won't apply.  They're not interesting in listening to fans by and large.