GOD OF WAR the chain of olympus-a peek

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kuruppath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#1 kuruppath
Member since 2005 • 167 Posts
STORYLINE

At a God of War II launch event on March 13, 2007, God of War II director Cory Barlog indicated that the PSP God of War game would be a spin-off, side story, or prequel of the main God of War video game series: "It is its own story that connects to the overall story. God of War, God of War II, and then if all the stars align God of War III will be the telling of a trilogy. This PSP story will be a further fleshing out."

The Island of Rhodes website revealed that God of War: Chains of Olympus is a prequel to the God of War series. It chronicles the various adventures of Kratos throughout the ten years he spent in servitude of the Gods (hence the game's name which implies a bond between the series' protagonist and the deities of Olympus) preceding the events of God of War.

The official website included that in God of War: Chains of Olympus, Kratos will journey to lands that no mortal has ever walked upon. With the world plunged in eternal darkness and the Gods rendered powerless, Kratos will face the most feared creatures of Greek Mythology, and ultimately be forced to choose between his own personal redemption and saving the ancient world from certain destruction. the plot is speculated to have something to do with atlas.

LOCATIONS

The official website has stated that Kratos will journey from the Gates of Hades to the depths of Tartarus. New locations will be released over time. The game may start at a place known as Attica, where Kratos fights a fleet of soldiers.

TRAILERS

The trailer, which has been accessed through navigating islandofrhodes.org, can be viewed on Gametrailers.com[1] , and at Gamevideos.com[2] , for those that do not want to go through all the puzzles featured on islandofrhodes.org. The teaser trailer depicts Kratos in a couple of areas before a couple of fight scenes in a middle eastern environment, showing a fleet of ships in the background. The Titan Gaia again commentates, hinting that the game takes place before the original God of War, showing that Chains of Olympus will be a prequel. At the end Kratos is knocked into a pit by a large reptilian creature and stabs it in the head as they fall as another creature plummets towards Kratos. New videos from the UMD preview depicts Kratos facing off against a number of soldiers and a giant Cyclops monster. The Cyclops monster is then eaten by the Basilisk, whose head Kratos battles as one of the first boss battles.

EXTERNAL LINKS

• IGN article
  • Official site
  • Official Trailer
  • @ gamespy

REFERENCES

1. ^http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=60292
  2. ^http://gamevideos.com/video/id/11001
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 the-creeper
Member since 2003 • 6641 Posts

As lovely as this all is...it is quite old news..and I made a topic about such details a while back. The latest news speaks of the Goddess of Dawn. TUGOWU article*anyone on the list from PSU gets this sort of thing through email* It leaves me wander..for what reason did you create this topic? I don't believe I've ever seen you around here either.

~That 999,999 hit combo I pulled keeps on netting me rewards

Avatar image for etrnalconundrum
etrnalconundrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 etrnalconundrum
Member since 2006 • 1527 Posts

Being as there's already a topic of this...erm...topic.

LOCKED!