MustafaEl-Deeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 MustafaEl-Deeb
Member since 2013 • 786 Posts

Actually, I was doing a normal PAIN+ as I can't record anything right now. I'm really getting much better than I was before, Wulf. But after beating Hades, CoH PAIN+ cam to my mind. So I decided to do it. I didn't do any progress yet as I stopped directly after killing Hades.

By the way, I'm thinking of GoW:A these days, so I may get it soon.

Wulf2K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Wulf2K
Member since 2009 • 243 Posts
"Wulf, Wulf, I did good, see?  See?  I've attained a higher plane of consciousness and no longer need the approval of others, didja see?  See?  Wulf?  Didja see?"
MustafaEl-Deeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MustafaEl-Deeb

Let's report some progress and see how can you help me.

>Gates of Olympia

s,s,t rules them, spam it for the whole battle but never try to do an OH if there is a Hound around.

>City of Olympia (Centaur)

s,s,t from the sweet spot.

>City of Olympia (Chimera)

S1: Spam s,s, HA.

S2 & S3: Normal chipping.

>Cyclope Berseker

Let him taunt and use s,s,s,s,t.

>Path to Eos (Wraiths and Archers)

0 to air OS, but don't focus on one only. Use an air OS on one of them then grab the other one while the other is still on the ground to avoid I-frames recovery issues.

>The Caverns

BR on Sentries. HA on Minotaurs then s5 to ring them out, it isn't as easy as it sounds like. Also, use BR to finish on the Cerberus. That's all I think.

>Hermes

s,s,t from a long distance. Try to keep him in his place, you could know that your combo has got him from the combo numbers. If you got 4 combo hits, then that's very great.

I've stopped directly after killing Hermes.

Wulf2K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Wulf2K

Sounds safe enough, but I'd never spent the time needed to master the CoH to teach you more offensive techniques.

Doesn't sound like you're doing too much to differentiate it from a normal blades run.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MrStarkiller
Member since 2008 • 18984 Posts

Deeb: >getting much better

Practice makes perfect, so they say.  Though, experimentation is also important.  Research.  Testing.

>CoH PAIN+

Among the others.  Perhaps Wulf can help us get a PAIN+ for the full game (more a concern with Cestsus and NW).

NOTE: No run skeleton?

>Gates of Olympia

What of the Gazebo?  You note spam of the quick Curse string, but not where it is done or much else in terms of details.  Do you fight by the starting point, the chokepoint, the cliffs, the door or what?  Do you do battle in the thick of Hounds and Legionnaires or try to focus on one before the other?  OH is a bit risky when not one-on-one with a Legionnaire.  With a Hound it should have i-frames.  You can force an OH lock on Legionnaires, but there are better options much of the time.  When a Legionnaire gets a "O", would you use it?  There is the ring-out option, do you consider it?

>City of Olympia

Ring-out by various means, mini-game reverses, BR chip, etc.  Sweet spot abuse can feed into BR chip easily aside from just getting the Centaur alone (charging).  Ringing out the Centaur works nicely too.  Just chipping from the sweet spot would take some time.  I'm sure you did more than that (when either foe type reaches "O").  No point in only getting damage kills if you can kill safely and easily with the grab when worn down.

>Chimera

Quick Curse lock is fine for Snake.  Indeed you can chip out Lion with the same, but it won't lock as well.  Only 'roar' seems to get interrupted by Curse here.  Didn't do too much testing with T and air t1 though.  Maybe they would do well in some tactic.  Goat didn't get staggered out of his charge with Curse, but landing that move worked well for getting damage in (as with the old Plume/Spirit tactics with BoA/BoE).  I went with flanking during his flamethrower to punish with Curse primarily.

>Berserker

>s,s,s,s,t

Punishing the tuant is it?  And how did you go about getting him to taunt?  I preferred just sticking to the simple quick Curse, but was still using the old kick baiting method back then (not so much the boundary abuse).

>Wraiths/Archers

I prefer ring-out for the first Wraith encounter and the second.  As for the Archers, clean up Wraiths then do what you must (bow).  OS to air OS is something I'd use for lack of ring-out when dealing with other foes around the Wraith (otherwise OH infinite).  CG is good for the ring-out (their burrow).  T would likely work for the second case, but I'm more used to using the OH on that front.  Regular CG for ring-out can't be used like with BoE (sadly).

>Caverns Box

BR the Sentries?  I prefer keeping them around for the Minotaurs.  Lament on the Minotaurs, is it?  Tricky to get to work how one would want.  I'd sooner use T for the ring-out (or BR).  BR for Mongrel is fine (then using him to wipe out the rest).  Archers with the bow, yes? My notes say that I would use light strings to juggle the Minotaurs after the T launch.

>Hermes

>Curse chip

To be expected. 

Wulf: >approval seeking behavior

Quite the charge.

>differentiate with from BoA/BoE

Not a whole lot of room to do that, from what I recall.  Just a bit though.  The T is better (some knockback, better damage, safe, faster, better coverage, etc.), the air t1 is better (similar notes), s5 has some perks (less range than BoA/BoE s6, but can cause OH on a grounded foe *not as good as it could have been*) *fails to start with S, sadly*, Curse compares favorable against t0 (better damage in most cases, lingers, similar properties, etc., but slightly less reach and not as reliable with locking the likes of a Cyclops) *big issue being the lack of a 'super' version to compete with Spirit*, CG is far inferior (something you just have to contend with), the evade is arguably better (longer range, quicker, etc.), it seems to cancel faster (for what that matters *jet dashing outside of fights to get around quickly*) *not as fast as NW though*, etc.

MustafaEl-Deeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MustafaEl-Deeb

>never spent the time to learn CoH

You should learn the BoE first.

>doesn't sound like you're making a lot of difference than BoE

Are you sure that you know PAIN+?

>Gates of Olympia

I lured them to the place where I came from so that no one could escape the s,s,t.

>ring out Centaur

I didn't know it, but I think I know where I can ring him out. Also I let him rush at me and kill him in the sweet spot while his AI is totally screwed there.

>quick Curse on Chimera S1

s,s,t? It doesn't work.

>punishing the taunt

Yes.

>keep the Sentries around for the Minotaurs

I tried it and I got f***** up.

Some new progress:

>Entrance to the Chamber of the Flame

The Leggionaires are normally dealt with (OH, air OS, s5 for ring-out). Spam s,s,t to kill the first Cyclopes, I used AB (HoA and BoH works too) for canceling to make the lock faster. Land s,s,t to kill the two Legionnaires and Cyclopes.

>Elevator

It's easier from BoE PAIN+ because s,s,t shatters the stoned Sentries, so you don't need to freeze them 5 times. Just let the Serpent grab you for the whole battle, I was able to get the Armored Sentries off-screen and locked the Serpent (HA to OH).

>Hercules

BR for S1 and S2. s,s,t for S3, he blocks the effect of s,s,t (the blue thing that appears after the combo), so try to get him with the attack itself.

>Poseidon's Chamber

s,s,t from the sweet spot till you kill all of the Hounds (much easier than BoE PAIN+). You could also try to lure one of the Sentries to the sweet spot and kill him with the NC, afer you break his sheild, grab him and kill him with t so that you wouldn't accidently throw him back to the field.

I stopped at the savepoint after the Hounds and Armored Sentries battle.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MrStarkiller

>learn the BoE first

Ooooh.  The ball is in your court, Wulfy.

>know PAIN+

A bit limiting.  Having a regular NG NUR/NUR+ with CoH would be good too.  Try to work with the mostly crap unlocks.

>lured to start

With the intent to chip, I take it.  Keeping the Hounds away or taking them on as they come and grabbing/evading as necessary?  BR on Legionnairse when an option?

>didn't know it

I see.

>where

Likely you do, but the question is more how to do it than where to do so.

>rush to take outside boundary

Did you reverse the charge to toss him further outside his AI boundary or just evade?

>doesn't work

Worked for me.  Same lock as usual.  It was for Lion and Goat that I had to note some differences from Plume.

>got jacked

BR whoring on the Minotaurs works great no matter the run.  It's not very hard to do.

>Entrance

I recall sweet spots on either side, an AI boundary along the rails and NPCs distracting enemy AI.  Regarding Curse on Enforcers, you have to be pretty close with it.  Somewhat troublesome to lock two at once.  I wouldn't really use s5 here.  I'd sooner take T for ring-out.  Where did you opt to do battle with the second wave?  What kill order did you go with?

>Curse does more damage

Indeed.  Better with the same base, but BoE MAX has the higher modifier.  For NUR conditions and beyond, CoH tends to have the advantage.

>reverse grab for "O"

Simple enough.

>T to OH

Oh?

>BR on Herc

At what time for S2?

>he blocks

Not so much when he attacks, eh?

>Chamber

Not really necessary to use a 'weapon' here when you just need grabs, CG poke and more grabs (maybe ring-out if you wish to get fancy).  It's certainly an option (and part of the point of the run). 

Wulf2K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Wulf2K
> Learn the BoE first
> Balls in your court

Hmm, how to respond, how to respond....  In sticky situations like this, I ask myself "What Would Deebus Do?"  And I'm forced to answer, i really been far even as decided to use BoE go want to do look more like.

> Sure you know PAIN+

Why, because I suggest you do something beyond s,s,t so that you're not doing a regular PAIN+ with a palette swap?  Or because skipping fights looks the same in both runs?
MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MrStarkiller

>sticky

White stuff?

>Deebus

Thought you would go for the Waffle nickname here (invoking his inner red-headed girl cousin).

>even as decided

But who was phone?

>palette swap

Something like that, though Curse is slightly different than Plume with s1 and s2 dealing different values with a different hit box, the practice is very similiar.  Better evade helps.  Worse light ender (in reality) *despite the novelty of the utility*.

>skipping fights

Run skeleton could have helped to avoid this coming up again, Deeb.  We have a thread for Blanks. 

MustafaEl-Deeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MustafaEl-Deeb

>skip fights are the same

No, it's easier with CoH as rolling is faster. Also I demand that you should beat this run before talking in vets stuff.

>how to ring out

Simple. Let him rush at you.

Here is some progress:

>2 Stone Talos

When they spawn, let them rush at the place where you came from then quickly get behind tha place where the left Talos spawned and spam s,s,t. They will only keep walking but they won't get you.

>1 Stone Talos

Ring him out.

>3rd Centaur

BR.

>2 Chimeras

Finish the first two phases of the first Cimera then get to the second (he doesn't rush at you in the third phase).

I stopped after Cronos, I don't think there is anything else to discuss.

Wulf2K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Wulf2K

> Waffle nickname

With the sexual tension as thick as it is between WaffstafaEl-Deeble, I wouldn't want to do anything to get involved in that.

> slightly different

Key word "slightly".  I'd expect more from a challenge run than a slightly different hitbox and faster evading, but I keep allowing my Deebxpectations to exceed the sad reality.

> thread for blanks

He must've skipped that thread.

...Y'know, I think I'm just gonna ride this mother right through the Valley of Worn-Out Jokes and up into the majestic peaks of Mount Meme.

[spoiler] junk-cycskipself.jpg [/spoiler]

> demand

Aw, that's so cute.  Maybe if you didn't want my input you shouldn't ask for it?  But it's too late for what-ifs now, the Candyman has been summoned.

>easier, faster rolling

Oh, of course.  You didn't choose a challenge run because it was going to be significantly different, or harder, you chose it because it was going to be "easier".  You'll have to forgive me for assuming that you'd be doing something interesting.

> don't think there is anything else to discuss

Yeah? Where's Poseidon, Leviathan, 2 HC, Minotaurs, Gorgon Serpents, Trials of Erebus, Harpies, Centaur.

We're not asking for more than a one megapixel video.  Where's the link of your videos?

YT videos.... something you do not posses.

I need some videos. Some living s*** that you have beaten Cronos.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MrStarkiller

Deeb: >CoH evade is faster

Better in general.  NW is pretty good too.

>rush you

As in he'll run over the side or reverse him?  There's more to it than just reversing in the general vicinity of the opening.  A more exact positioning.  I recall two places in that area to do it.

>2x Stone Talos

You mean the Bronze Talos, I presume.  Interesting tactic.  I don't recall that option.  Ringing them out would be nice, but they won't fall over.  Boundary abuse is good too.

>ring-out of 1x BT

Get dunked, son.

>Centaur BR'd

Of course.

>2x Chimera

Indeed it is good to rush down the first two phases as best you can.  Saving pots.  Speaking of them, how did you put them to work.  Regarding the second Chimera (while ignoring the first), how did you opt to go about this?

>anything else to discuss

The run skeleton would be good to consult for this.

Wulf: >sexual tension

Hmmm, yes.  Quite.

>wouldn't want to come between them

I think you would. Literally.

>different hit box and evade

As noted, a modified plume (less range, lingers, higher base damage) without a super version.  Inferior light ender with utility for OH (not in all cases that should allow it and not in our full control) and less range than Valor, the superior T and air t1, etc.  You seem to take issue with the focus on just quick path to Curse (Plume equivalent).  Wanting more notation of details in its use and some use of the alternative strong points (T in particular, I imagine).  Pity the S isn't as good as it should be (and that it isn't lvl1).

>skipped that thread

An on-going joke.

>worn-out meme

Or shall it prove timeless?

>where are various

Not covered.  Of course, Hippocampus is from before getting the CoH in a run that would allow PAIN+.  It's why I had to do two different runs.  One using the NG+ glitch.  It is why we count on you to help us out here.

>videos

I believe PC issues were noted (thus a write-up *that is otherwise avoided due to not wanting to type to describe things in detail*).

>proof of beating Cronos

Ah, yes.  The hardest fight in GoW history. 

Wulf2K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Wulf2K
Pikachu, I choose edit history!
MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points