MustafaEl-Deeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 MustafaEl-Deeb
Member since 2013 • 786 Posts

I don't know what to do so I thought to start a GKTMNUR. When I thought about NG+ I noticed that it would be a great idea to start a run where you have fully extended magic bar, and weapons and magic are already aquired. I want to make a good use of the BoO but since I am already good woth the BoO and the BH I wanted to use the last sub weapon(SoD). From one side to master it and from the other side to accomplish GMG's big dream and do a GKTMNUR SoD series(I will record in the near future with battles only *just like GMG*).

Of course till now I'm making a great use of t and L1+t(I forgot to see the combos' name). I'm already getting used toL1+t timing and changing the SoD to BoA to do an OH. I had some problems with the Cyclops at the Destiny's Atrium, after I thow all the pigs the Cyclops still have some HP left, I tried to use all of the three sweet spots that GMG used in his video but non was successful. I saw the video from too many months so I will see it again to know what did you exactly do.

I'm trying as much as I can not to use RotT or magic to make it a true SoD series(can't say SoD GKTMNUR because even if it's the main weapon you're allowed to use any sub weapon as much as you can). Till now the run is pretty easy and fun, at least something that makes you rest after some PAIN+ runs. By the way I've stopped directly after the BK.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MrStarkiller
Member since 2008 • 18984 Posts

>what to do

Clones, NGR+ NUR+, NBR+ NUR+, various other unrecognized runs, etc.

>GKTMNUR

Suits me.

>good use of BoO

Proficiency with it is mostly a matter of using DR well.  To take it a step further, TB for aim assist.  Beyond that, Cycle Cancels to make it safer (and able to be spammed faster).  Firing through walls, getting collisions, causing locks, etc.  That sort of thing.  Techniques for fights are often fairly closely related to SoD usage (where PS spam is concerned).  Direct damage of touch is tied to Power %, but the laser is not (always 15).  RotT will not alter the laser (as it won't alter crystal shots).  The L1+s special can be used, but it has no good properties and is unsafe.  The launcher can be used, but it is slow to get to the point (and becomes unsafe).  In both cases, CC are the answer to making them work.  For a focused run, this means more.  It would let the BoO set-up OH and air OS better (regarding the launcher).

>already good with BH and BoO

That so?

>SoD series

My old tactics are certainly good (though also demonstrating the glory of some spells along the way as with showing off TB).  However, my write-up of an updated version of the SoD FAQ has more that never got video coverage.  This besides tactics made in later runs (even some without the SoD *as was the case for the second Siren Sacrifice instant kill approach to them*).  The old Zeus video never showed off a consistent PS lock to keep him under control.  Managing the 40 or so PS it takes per Phase is one concern (obviously). That's a long time to keep up the lock. Just getting five or so at a time would make for a fair showing though.

>big dream

Was it that I felt that way?

>battles only

Just 'major' encounters, then?  I sometimes showed off lesser fights if I saw something interesting enough to display.

>great use of t1 and L1+t

>forgot the name

Piercing Shards (PS).

>changing to primary for OH

CC might also work on that front.

>issues with Destiny's Atrium

How's that?

>sweet spots

For PS whoring, eh?  There was also the chest, but the set-up isn't as simple as it looks.  Fighting in their face is an option to consider too.  Punishing with PS after tricking attacks.  The grab is the only concern as it comes out fast.  You can get in some PS during their dizzy state.  While using PS, consider air PS just before landing into a ground PS (fast double shot without needing CC).  CC just allows more rapid spam or escapes as needed (not great for videos *edits suggested maybe with a symbol noting it had to be done*).

>RotT

Won't mean much here.  You're mostly going to use PS or t1.  The latter is for set-ups into non-Power % related damage.  PS is non-Power % related damage.  You're not really going to be doing much that requires Power % (so even a 0% run wouldn't change much).

>or magic

Bah.  Makes for some fine tactics.  May as well be a SoD PAIN+ not unlike my focused runs with GoWIII (CoH PAIN+, NW PAIN+, Cestus PAIN+, BoA PAIN+ and BoE PAIN+ *default*).  Still going to allow yourself to use relics and chests, then?

>easy and fun

It works to the advantage of a PAIN+ player as they're used to working around Power %.  SoD specializes in this.  Unlike DR, PS can aim adjust vertically (useful in a few places).

>just after BK

Noted.  You may have been able to update my old tactics from the video showing if you paid heed to what findlestick did for PAIN+ there.  Just turn the hits he used into PS spam (from behind BK) and that about covers S3.  S2 doesn't require change.  S1 could be the point blank blocking, tricking, moving away, evading, etc. aside from simple getting into some PS (maybe air PS to ground PS, PS with CC, etc.).  Using lots of CC can be annoying to execute (not for being hard, but being tedious *also encourages lots of video editing*).  S4 I don't see much need for change.  Just PS spam until he tries to use souls, then evade back/forward and get back to it.  Using an attack cancel out of the evade into a block cancel to PS would be fastest for getting back to the lock.  Elsewhere you can use air s1 for some 'long jumps', attack cancel out of an evade into a jump for various other approaches.  Just little things showing in-depth knowledge of your options (even if they're not huge difference makers). 

MustafaEl-Deeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MustafaEl-Deeb

>that so?

Compared to SoD, yes. Outside SoD, good with BH but not much with BoO but what I know about the BoO is that L1+t makes the run very easy(use for collisions or like plumes but much safer than plumes *something between s6 and t3*).

>left your dream away

No, but didn't complete recording it I think(I was refering to recording).

>PS in non-power related damage

That's what I thought when I figured out that it doesn't make any combo hits.

>CoH PAIN+, NW PAIN+....

Of course not with NG+, right?

>relics and chests

Yes. By the way you said there is a great difference between NUR+ and GKTMNUR. For people who had done runs with no chests it's yes, but for people who aren't used for not taking healing chests, there isn't a big difference. At NUR+ you could enter a battle, get hit as much as possible, finish the fight, take healing chest and you get full health. At GKTMNUR if you got hit as much as you got at NUR+ you will need 8 healing chests to refill your health.

>old tactics from the video shown

I didn't see any of your videos yet, but I'll check out your sweet spot abuse at the Destiny's Atrium and the BK(I'll be seeing your videos after I do the battles so that I could update your methods with mine *mixing them*).

>PS spam

it does the same stun of s6.

>BK S1

Attack and block till you do about 150 combo hits.

>PS spam at S4

It didn't work, I must see your video then.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MrStarkiller

>compared to SoD

That qualifier depends upon your current familiarity with SoD.

>not much with BoO

Not much to know.  I sort of went over the major stuff already.

>L1+t

Divine Retribution (DR).

>something between

The laser is 15 damage.  It never changes.  The physical hit (direct contact) is subject to Power % . I forget the value.

>didn't complete recording it

Put too much focus on Tranny coverage.  Eventually stopped feeling the need to go through all the trouble.  I'd starte making run skeletons for write-ups.  Suits me better.  Also, I had other vets (often students) to record findings.  Some still go unrecorded, but I'm patient.

>doesn't make any combo hits

The two are unrelated.  It's certainly another odd property though.

>not with NG+

NG+ glitch was for the MAX version (NER).  PAIN+ had to start when the weapons are gained.  Without mods, I won't be able to do a full PAIN+ in NG using the NG+ tool set-up.  As before, it all rests on Wulf's success.  Without that, one can only do what one (normally) can within the bounds of what the game allows.

>great difference between NUR+ and GKTMNUR

Yeah.  GKTMNUR is just a NUR that has NG+ perks and GK advantages.  NUR+ is NUR plus NUR in regular NG.  You won't be starting with all your tools (or ever have BoO outside two specific fights), there won't be lvl2 RotT right away, etc.  We've been over this.  A GKTMNUR in NG (hack) would close the distance as with GKPAIN+ NG vs PAIN+.  It's basically the same discussion as before.  This time with spells, relics, chests, etc. allowed.  Even more ways to work around the disadvantages of GK.  This introduces the ability to use Uber chests as full refills.  That's pretty critical.  Full HP refill after Pantheon of Atropos.  Can't do that in the NUR+.  Able to blow magic on some earlier fight (like the Pantheon) and get a full refill before the Phoenix Chamber.  Again, putting aside the death exploit.

>8 healing chests versus 1

The NUR+ included NER.  It has 100 units.  Chests normally have 400 units in them.  MAX bar is 200 units (what NG+ will give you).  VH brings the value down to 25%.  That's 100 units.  A full refill in NUR+ because you only have 100 to work with.  With GK, the 25% is brought down to 6.25%.  That means 25 units.  It takes eight to bring it to max due to needing to fill twice as much.  Were this a NG GKTMNUR (allowing GKTMNUR+ as such *having NER*), it would take four chests to reach the base (of 100 units).

>didn't see the old videos yet

Nor read the old write-ups or the Glitch FAQ (or updated version)?  Pity.  Lots of ground to cover.

>see videos after trying own approaches

By all means.  However, as I've noted, tactics tend to get updated.  Write-ups for newer runs, comments on YT videos, the SoD FAQ (the WIP version only I have *for more*), etc.  Just seeing those videos won't be enough for reference.

>same stun as Valor

Knockback.  Comes out faster without relying on Power % (means more for GK).  It is tied to upgrades (not RotT *not modifier related*) though.  lvl1 for 10, lvl2 for 15 and lvl3 for 20.  With CC, it cancels faster than s6 can.  Without it, it lacks a cancel, but recovers fairly fast.  Due to being possible to spam rapidly, it better locks.  Being usable in the air helps (along with vertical tilt on shots *up or down regarding adjustments*).

>combo hits

Why would you be doing hits if you have PS?

>block

That's one option, yes.

>didn't work

>review video

Not much to it.  PS spam in his face.  His attacks get interrupted until he tries to use the soul shot.  When you see that, evade away and back (continue PS spam *if you don't have the cancels down, you could be too slow and take a hit should you not block, trick, etc.*). 

MustafaEl-Deeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MustafaEl-Deeb

Okay, let's report the new progress, semi-coverage.

>TM1

Sleep spot then PS spam.

>Cerberus Bastard

I've seen your video after I did it. Here is what I did, I enter the fight then I use the high jump to jumpa bove the door I came for and I use 3x PS when he rushes (the third one stuns him when taunting) then he gets back and fires 4 fire balls and rushes again and so on..

>Euryale

Sweet spot for PS spam.

>TM2

Normal collisions with alternate OH.

>Perseus

After every every attack do a PS, at S2 when you use a PS he will get knocked down so do it once again, too bad you can't lock him with it because he flies away. I was able to lock him for 2X PS.

>Battles at the Lowlands

Battle 1: Collisions with OH and the Golden Fleece.

Battle 2: Start with grabbing the Satyr twice before a forced OH so that you could do two collisions with him, then simply PS the Satyr towards the Hades Juggs.

>Interior of Atlas

Collisions with alt. OH.

>TM3

Skip S1. S3: PS from behind when he's attacking. By the way does it differ between evading the pounds towrds clock-wise and anti-clock wise? I've seen some discussions of this at your video and Taz's video but I didn't understand.

>Atlas Lift

Alt. OH and PS on the Captains towards each other.

>Entrance to the Palace of Fates

Interrupt them from calling the Cyclopes with AQ then provoke them to the end and use the Golden Fleece or PS to ring them out.

>Spike Chamber

You can't do a SoD performance here. Weather you escape from the birds as you and I did (I was really surprized when I saw you doing the same method of mine, I thought you won't be thinking of running away from them). Or the method which you call the "Flight Method", or you can simply use EH. I wanted to train on the flight method so that when I record GKPAIN+, I could do it 0 death (recording from a save point to the next without dying). I stood only in one place where the first bird spawn and I knew when does the spikes come out. It comes out when you start the battle then the next time it takes 3 rounds (other spikes from other places) to come out then it takes 4 times to come (it keeps on 4 till the battle ends).

>Tranny

Collisions and PS, W2 was done with barrier abuse V2. W3: I wasted all my AQ and did some collisions.

>PoA

The same method I used in my PAIN+ video coverage, with the Fate Juggernauts use PS after they attack.

>Cyclopes

I was remembering some of the hints you gave and I remembered that you gave a slight upon a ring out method, so I lure them to the place where you get to the tranny and when they taunt I provoke them with PS and jump and they get ringed out.

>Spike Elevator

Use t when they taunt and use EH/TB cancel to make it faster and to be able to launch them in the same taunt.

>Gorgons and Senties

Toss the Sentries till the respwan end then use OH collisions for the Gorgons or ring-out.

>Icarus statue

Get them all in one place then launch the Harpies and the Captain together and do a full collision! Of course the Captain will get f***** up and dies. I kill all the Harpies before getting to the two Captains so that I could make collisions with PS (it's easier for me).

>Last Spartan

Now that's what I was meaning with mixing your strategy with mine, I used the same strategy you used with the Cerberus Bastard (jump when the Last Spartan attacks and the PS in the air).

>Kraken

That was very slow. I used TB, I was able to do the first phase and maybe 3/4 of the second and I continued the fight with the Golden Fleece (Parrying the one of the three shit that comes out of his mouth).

>Lahkesis

When she finishes her triple attack use PS but make sure not to hit her I-frames then do 2x PS when she's on the ground. S2 use the Golden Fleece and TB (Of course use PS when she gets on the ground).

>Atropos

Collisions, TB, Golden Fleece.

>Lahkesis and Atropos

Golden Fleece and get near Atropos to make her get away then reflect Lahkesis balls and PS x2 when she falls and so on (no need to mention how I made Atropos flee and made Lahkesis still in the air firing at me).

Now I'm at the ER. Easy but I don't want to take too much damage.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MrStarkiller

>TM1

Sounds about right.  Not looking to worry about CC, I take it.

>Cerberus Bastard

>high jump

Questionable.

>3x PS for taunt and stun

>then fireballs

I see.  How do you opt to punish the fireballs?  Leap around (circle strafe) and PS him? 

>Euryale

To be expected.

>TM2

No sleep spot even for the alt.OH set-up (versus PS spam), eh?  Then t1 is the champ here.

>Perseus

PS punishes for S1.  S2 can be locked.  I forget who made the tactic (I note it in the video).  It's corner based as some other locks are.  S3 and S4 weren't noted.  More PS punishes?  What of flash?  What of the shield blocks?

>Lowlands

I imagine there was some air OS infinite, but I suppose one could keep pure with OH/return.  What order were the Sirens taken out in?  Such that there is one leftover for the Hades Minotaurs to use against them?  I suppose multiple ground OS would be more to delay damage a bit before the OH lock along the corner of the exit barrier *such that the spawning Hades Juggernaut takes collisions*.  How well did this go for you?  PS of Satyr for knockback collisions beyond that point.  About what one would expect.

>Interior

Of course.  If the Satyr is still alive with some HP, wall lock forced OH infinite.  Small amount left?  Ground OS spam.

>Lift

Air OS works on them too.  Even OH of one Captain at the other (just not very easy to execute *not worth focusing on*).  There's more details to safe handling, but it's hard to go over like this.  With the video it will be simpler.  I'm reminded that this is GKTMNUR.  AQ is a pretty big deal for ease of control here (AQ trial for free refill).

>Entrance 

I prefer a TB shot for ease of preventing the more stubborn Beast Lord from making summon.  Bait to bridge?  Works for me.  PS and fleece for ring-out?  I'm more used to t1 and/or OH.  I'll see it in action before long.

>Spike Chamber

SoD is fine for the end (Flight).  With Fight, it's just easier to stick to air OS and maybe work EH in (not necessarily required).

>thought I wouldn't consider running away

Why not?  Not like we escape the fight.  We're just leading the enemy on to a more favorable standing.  That's fairly typical of how I do business, is it not?

>Tranny

Collisions and PS work well, though having 'revenge', RotT and MP (CR is a good call) mean a lot for this lower run.  W1 is kept simple.  W2 barrier abuse v2 is good.  Where did you have the fight?  I like being near the AI boundary (where W3 takes place) despite the camera.  As for W3, did you leap (and glide) into the fight after dropping Tranny?  How did you take-on the Priest at the start (if at all)?  You note lots of AQ, but any RotT to help keep Tranny safe?  The RotT would make collisions weaker and Tranny more durable, but wouldn't badly affect AQ otherwise (won't make it stronger as it is modifier based and I don't believe this spell is altered like weapons are *could be something to test though*).  Checkpoint exploit?

>Pantheon

Same basic idea as before (but with PS), is it?

>4x Cyclops Brute

>ring-out

Figured it out, did you?

>Spike Elevator

t1 with spell cancels, is it?  I thought I recalled using block canceling back then.

>Gorgon Assassins, Archers and Sentries

360 toss and X toss with Archers.  Square toss (and OH/air OS) with Sentries.  OH with Assassins.  Really, we have the option to return in GKTMNUR, so abusing that is best (rather than trying to force ring-out with PS, OH or false OS).  False OS to force 'Flash' and then reverese.  PS can easily do the rest.  If 2x PS is too slow, speed it up with air PS into on-landing PS (if you so hate CC usage). 

>Phoenix Chamber

Statue in the center, I trust.  So some OH/alt.OH while they group up (at the AI boundary) until cleaned out.  Maybe some air OS on double spawning Hades Harpies.  Push the statue ahead, trigger the 2x Captains and retreat for easy leading on for lined up PS based collisions.  Suits me fine.  Though, with magic, you could consider EH to petrify and crush them as well.  You seem less adverse to magic than before.

>Last Spartan

Leaping over and PS sounds like something out of the old playback.  One of the write-ups (at least) and the FAQ should cover that.  Wish there was more to the fight.

>Kraken

Paced shots are important for making ALL hits land and count (too fast and they go through or hit without registering damage).  Patience is key. One is only attacking the face like this.  No need for the body.  Seems you needed to return a few in the end, but did you work the center (like gent) or the sweet spot (specific to landing shots versus the melee case) that has yet gone unshown for this tactic? 

>Lahkesis

PAIN+ adapted, is it?  I opted for total control using AotF to force a bolt and return to knock her down for PS freebies.  Didn't bother with magic to speed it along any (potential risk in S1P2).  S2 is just about the PS lock from the grapple points as I'd demonstrated.  There was a TB based method for S2 as I recall.  Believe that was long range.  Methods that knock her down for PS would normally have AotF used as well (making that easier to force).

>Atropos

Not much change, eh?  Can't be helped.  They didn't make AotF do anything here.  Lame.  We can't really TB chip her as well as we should be able to and can't toss foes long distance at her while she fires bolts at range away from the BotG sword bridge.

>Sisters of Fate

Kept to a simpler method, I see.  Gent liked letting Atropos run wild at the start to force Lahkesis in the air for the S2 grapple point abuse of PS.  I liked using AotF at the start (while she is up high) and avoiding the bolt (rather than return) to glitch her in the air for that first portion.  Beyond that would be as you note though (if I don't misremember, the second portion of the fight didn't allow this sort of tactic with PS lock).  The last bit would be a good time for magic spam (CR), but PS shots from out of grapple point jumps works for me too.

>ER

You'll have RotT (if you want to tank), MP (EH can speed along a given section, but which to use it on *W1, W5 or W7...probably W5 is best*) and relics.  Don't forget to false OS Queens to force Gorgon Blast (return for petrification *aside from seeing 'Stare' and returning that as well*).  I'll let you decide the rest, but W3 is really something that doesn't change much until one loses 'return'.  To destroy the statues with just SoD...I think you don't have enough time for 2x PS, so you need either air PS to PS or CC (if not TB shots).  CC is likely the best call to allow shatters of Queens when you don't have lvl3 SoD for 20 damage PS like in the GKTMMAX demonstration. 

MustafaEl-Deeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MustafaEl-Deeb

>Cerberus Bastard

From what you assumed how I evaded the fire balls, I assume that you don't know the method I used.

>Perseus

So, there is a forced lock but needs to be at a specific place?

>Cyclops Brute

Yes, I figured it out but you were the one who told me the point.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MrStarkiller

>don't know the method

We'll see.  My first PS method was about leaping over charges.  The alternative was to just circle strafe with PS.

>Perseus lock

It's at any corner (along walls can work, but it might slip away).  The videos should show this.

>hinted at ring-out

Just knowing something can be done can be enough information. 

MustafaEl-Deeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MustafaEl-Deeb

>Cerberus Bastard

Okay, I'll expain it. Do you remember Gent's video and how he entered the fight without lifting the door? I used the same method but instead of using it to enter the battle, I used it to get out of it while the Cerberus is still inside and rushing at me, but he doesn't attack, you're totally safe unless you don't stick to the pattern of attacks. Maybe then he will do the fire attack which gets though the door, but still you can block and find a way to control the battle again.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MrStarkiller

>explain

Usually better to show than tell for these things, but let's see what we've got here. *reads on*

>gent's video

Which one?

>without lifting the door

Plenty of us meddled with that.  I recall what that's like, but not the video.

>escaping the fight

I'd long ago made tactics for exploiting the fight through the gate and even bringing the Cerberus Bastard through it if I recall correctly (he can't go beyond a certain point).  It's just that we aren't allowed to do this sort of thing in challenge runs.  A similar approach for Pantheon of Atropos exists both for making a checkpoint (gent was doing this in a video) or just to chip through the barrier. 

MustafaEl-Deeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MustafaEl-Deeb

>bringing the Cerberus through it

I didn't want to risk with opening the door.

>not allowed in challenge runs

But it's very creative, that's why I'll record it with that method.

>PoA checkpoint

Is it allowed? I'm just asking about the checkpoint not chipping through barrier.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MrStarkiller

>didn't want to risk

Understandable.

>very creative

And it's also a major exploit.  Plenty of the nonsense I've pulled falls into this category (neat, but not allowed).

>record it

By all means.  Though I wonder if we don't already have a video of this.  Possible that it would be gone now though.  Plenty of runners got copyright strikes in the old days.

>is it allowed

It really shouldn't be, no.  It's the same as the Tranny case, really.  We made one exception very clear.  This is more in a grey area.  It would certainly make things easier.  Make progress?  Checkpoint and head back in.  Repeat as needed.  Were it possible to make it to a save point to force them for the ER, that would probably be a thing to discuss as well. 

MustafaEl-Deeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MustafaEl-Deeb

>plenty of runner got copyright strikes

I know, when I got to your channel discussion I saw some users who have gotten copyrighted.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MrStarkiller
Such a pity.  Recently the muted videos have returned (for those where I just ignored YT asking me to remove audio).
MustafaEl-Deeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MustafaEl-Deeb
Yeah, I think YT mutes the video instead of reporting a copyright violation.
MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MrStarkiller
It wasn't like that at the start. They were vicious.  Now it seems like audio is returning for the cases where I just ignored them long enough. So that's nice.
MustafaEl-Deeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MustafaEl-Deeb
Okay, I told you that I've done GKTMNUR, but I didn't complete the SoD series, I stopped at Zeus. The problem isn't about the Sirens (I killed almost 10 of them), but the problem is when Zeus stabs his hand after a Siren stun, I can't knock him bakc with the SoD. Any idea?
MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MrStarkiller

>Zeus S1 with SoD

Hit the hand or the face.  If you're having trouble with the hand, blast the face.  If you refer to 'blasting him away' as I'd noted with RotT t3 during his summon animation, you don't need to worry too much about an oddity like that. 

MustafaEl-Deeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MustafaEl-Deeb

>blasting him away

That's what I want.

>RotT t3 during summon animation

Should I use the same for the punch animation?

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MrStarkiller

>what you want

I see.  So you wanted to show off that strange hit property.

>same for punch

I only ever saw this oddity with RotT t3 for the summon animation.  I usually go for the right hand (his left). 

MustafaEl-Deeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MustafaEl-Deeb

>I only ever saw this oddity.....

Do you understand my question? I want to do the same stun that the DR with BoO does after breaking the Siren's neck. So what can I do to knock him back?

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MrStarkiller

>DR after Siren OS kill

DR on what?  On Zeus?  Just hit his hand or face.  The special case with SoD RotT t3 is just for the summon animation.  I'm not sure what you're asking about. 

MustafaEl-Deeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MustafaEl-Deeb

>summon animation

I don't care for it. Anyway, the Sirens will spawn.

>what you're asking

After you kill a Siren with an OS, Zeus puts his hand onto the the summit's battle ground. What can I do to interrupt his action?

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MrStarkiller

>will spawn

The idea would be to limit the number of times he has to be pushed away.  It starts the fight with a 'recoil' for an opening to hit the hand or face as I recall.

>interrupt

You don't.  You just knock it away.  Either attack the fist or his face.  It's only 20 damage that needs to be done, if I recall right.  Might have been 15.  You asking what attacks you should use? 

MustafaEl-Deeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MustafaEl-Deeb

>20 or 15 damage

No, I did 3 PS and he didn't get pushed away.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MrStarkiller

>3 PS

Then you missed at least twice (or once plus being too late).  The hand is troublesome to hit at times.  Either get used to it or target the face.  My video shows hand positioning for shots with PS (it is something worth noting if not just blasting his face).  Consider using 2x air PS *CC* if you must.  TB and CR are fair here too. 

MustafaEl-Deeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MustafaEl-Deeb

>missed at least twice

I was able to knock him back once only, so you're right. AQ has just proven to me that it's very weak, it couldn't knock him back.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MrStarkiller

>knocked him back

It's just hard to hit the hand.  I had to get the positioning just right to attack the hand.  The face is an easier target to hit though.  I forget if you can shoot it from the ground by just being in the right position though.  You would have to test it. 

>AQ is very weak

That's because you're at  37.5% Power.  Less than half of lvl1's damage.  It's noted at 25 damage.  With 37.5%, you get 9.375 for 20MP.  With only a single target considered, you're getting slightly less than a 1:2 ratio.  That's awful.  That's GK on VH for you though.

On Easy with God Armor or DO, you get 400% Power.  That puts the 20MP spell at 100 damage per cast.  A 4:1 ratio.  Against a single target that is already amazing, but with i-frames, AoE and hitting groups (with knockback)?  Incredible.  But in the default of defaults (Normal with 'DK'), it's just 25 damage for 20MP.  Slightly less than 1:1, which is fine so long as you're hitting more than one target at once (as intended).

AQ being the only spell affected by Power % means it varies in usefulness depending on that (aside from hitting multiple foes).  The others aren't altered by setting (though petrification suffers slightly in that statue HP may take longer to break if you use a Power % related means to shatter these low HP targets), so they look better by comparison to it (and other Power % tied options).  It's like the discussion we had with PS (and DR). 

MustafaEl-Deeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MustafaEl-Deeb

>AQ

Why is it's damage with GK less than half of DK's damage?

>AoE

What's that?

>'DK'

You like it, don't you?

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MrStarkiller

>why is it's damage

GK is 50% Power.  DK is 100%.  VH is 75%.  The default is Normal with DK (100%).  VH with DK is still 75%.  Normal with GK is 50%.  VH with GK is 37.5%.  You're seeing 100% (Normal with DK) compared to 37.5% (GK on VH) along with 400% (Easy with God Armor or DO) as those are the best examples.  Default, strongest and weakest.  Here, I noted what vanilla VH is like since you were confused on how setting and costume work together to make the finalized percentile.  Now you know why the DK from the example (not on VH) wasn't nearly so weak as the GK from the example (on VH).

>what's that

That is a common term for vidya.  "Area of Effect".  Often referring to blast range, but not exclusive to it.  When an attack creates a space for the hit box that is of appreciable size (often extending from the point of impact *even the player himself*) rather than a direct 'point', that's an AoE.  PR, AQ, Efreet, AoS, etc. are all vanilla AoE types.   Zf, LoD, TB, etc. are projectiles.  EH/MG are utility types working on a specific mechanic (other than direct damage).  Things that make us more durable, faster, stronger, better moves, etc., that would be a 'buff', but our spells don't do that (rage can though).

>like it

I prefer to just note 'default', "Kratos", etc.  'DK' makes me think of Donkey Kong. 

MustafaEl-Deeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MustafaEl-Deeb

>VH is 75%

Ah.. so you're comparing the damage to Normal mode. I thought the damage with GK is less than 50% of that of DK's. Never mind.

>vanilla AoE

Now, what's that?

>prefer to note 'default'

Nooo..... you like it.

>Donkey Kong

Is that why you use it?

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MrStarkiller

>nevermind

Now you know.

>what's that

A mockery of the commonplace and lazy spell type where it's just an AoE with something less than 1:1 on damage/cost while giving i-frames throughout.  It can be literally anything and have whatever properties, but it's a 'vanilla AoE' to me.  A GoW game tends to have one of these, a projectile type and a few others things (not so much utility anymore).  GoW:A made everything vanilla AoE (and weak), but one (AoE utility).

>whoring ellipsis

>I like it

"No, sir.  I don't like it." - Mr. Horse

>why I use it

I'm not big on Nintendo's first party whipping boys. 

MustafaEl-Deeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MustafaEl-Deeb

>I don't like it

I know you like it. You wouldn't have used it if you don't.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MrStarkiller

>wouldn't have used it if I didn't

"You'd think so, wouldn't you?" - Dante 

Wulf2K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Wulf2K
Member since 2009 • 243 Posts
Careful, the aspartame in Doublemint gum will poison you and everybody you ever cared about, Billy.
MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 MrStarkiller

>double

Curse you, GS. 

MustafaEl-Deeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MustafaEl-Deeb
^How about reporting this message?
Wulf2K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Wulf2K
Why would we ever report anything on this forum?
MustafaEl-Deeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MustafaEl-Deeb
For the same reason you saw my GoW1 PAIN run.
Wulf2K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Wulf2K
It was apparent that you had no clue why I watched part of your PAIN run, so you're going to have to be more specific.
MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 MrStarkiller

Deeb: >reporting

It barely works.

Wulf: >why

No particularly good reason.  Not in our best interest. 

MustafaEl-Deeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 MustafaEl-Deeb

>you had no clue

F*****' with me, isn't it?

>more specific

I was f*****' with you just as you were f*****' with me.

>it barely works

I was joking. Why don't you get it?

Wulf2K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Wulf2K

Why don't we get it?  Because you don't speak English.

You know the English words, but you fling them around with no understanding of how they fit together or their deeper meaning.  You get insulted by everything you don't understand and then don't understand why we don't laugh at your strings of gibberish.

Disclaimer:  I speak for myself, I can't say if GMG has any particular chemistry with you.

Now, you're not a native English speaker?  Fine, you're already better at a second language than I will ever be.  Congrats.

But the onus is on you to communicate clearly.  I'm tired of trying not to offend you.  Let's swing things the other way.  If you're ever wondering "Did he just mean to offend me?" the answer is now yes.  Because you're a terrible person and probably smell like haggis.  And the only PAIN of your GoW runs is actually watching them.  I mean seriously, do you have a controller or do you just lick the USB port until your saliva shorts out enough to fake a button press?

Not that I particularly believe that, but I'm more comfortable with that being the default perception instead of me actually trying to correct you.

Proceed, Musta Faelka.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 MrStarkiller

Deeb: >f***ing with

2lewd4me

>joking

Reports are the joke.

Wulf: >chemistry

Afraid I'll take your man away?

>haggis

A scent I'm unfamiliar with.

>licking

So lewd. 

MustafaEl-Deeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 MustafaEl-Deeb

>you don't speak English

My joke was very simple and didn't contain any comlicated structure. It's your problem that you didn't understand.

>we don't laugh

My question was "Why don't you get it?" I didn't say "Why didn't you laugh at it?"

>the answer is now yes

Before, it would be "Yes, but maybe not."

>probably smell like haggis

Probably. I've been recently dinning with your.......

>the only PAIN is watching them

You know nothing about PAIN.

>just like the USB port

Thanks for licking, I was able to do runs that weren't able to do half of them.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 MrStarkiller

>comlicated

I forget which errors you were wanting me to point out.  This is one though.

>dinning

Another.  GS lacking highlights for errors is a bother.

>know nothing about PAIN

That an offer to teach him?

>able to do

Not sure what this says.  What I can advise is not letting anger lead to unclear language.  Something Lord sometimes struggled with in dealing with Ghost in their spats.

NOTE: In the SBK thread, I link to AKheon's shared video regarding Magnetro.  You might find some showings of interest in there.  Glitches, tricks, etc. for cutesy little displays.  Some with actual skill, creativity, etc. in the 'combo'.  Most were not overly long and complicated with tough execution (GoWIII video by Gem had a lot of such things). 

MustafaEl-Deeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 MustafaEl-Deeb

>this one

No, this is my keyboard.

>another

My bad.

>anger lead..

No, it's true that he didn't complete any PAIN run.

Wulf2K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Wulf2K
You weren't able to do posts that were able to do half of a point involving me able to do runs showing I was able to do.
MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 MrStarkiller

Deeb: >your keyboard is to blame

I see.

>it's true

I'm not too concerned about all that.  Just that tempers remain in check.  Keeps the message (more) free of errors.

Wulf: >words

I'm sure the gent would find this display most comical.Â