TriPPZz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 TriPPZz
Member since 2006 • 529 Posts
If you could create a magic spell for Kratos to be used in GoWII what would it be?
TriPPZz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 TriPPZz
Member since 2006 • 529 Posts
"Hand Of Zeus" a massive golden hand would appear from the heavens and slam down to the ground killing everything on screen
curlfro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#3 curlfro
Member since 2006 • 3579 Posts
Aphrodites Beauty. Aphrodite apears on the screen and all the enemies are too distracted to fight. (warning, doesn't work on Gorgans or Sirens)
sexypansas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#4 sexypansas
Member since 2004 • 6315 Posts
Sirens Song. Sirens apear and start to sign confusing everybody but Kratos making them attacj each other
GodofWar_1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 GodofWar_1990
Member since 2005 • 757 Posts

HADES ABYSS!:twisted:

Hades himself comes up out of the ground that has been just cracked open and pulls your enemies down into the Abyss!:twisted:

condemned100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#6 condemned100
Member since 2006 • 1717 Posts
Zeus's Ice Flames the ice flames come out of the ground (like the Army of Hades) and it will be ice flames flying everywhere killing all the enemies.
InfernoPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#7 InfernoPirate
Member since 2005 • 1022 Posts
Dionysis's spell-- Don'tknowwhatitwouldbecalled-- Kratos goes into drunken fighter mode, attacking with powerful attacks that are very hard for enemies to counter. The downside is that it's difficult to control where he goes.
Tyrant-666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 Tyrant-666
Member since 2006 • 2789 Posts

Ares' Reanimation!

Reanimates Ares' dead corpse, and now you have total control over him, and he must do your bidding!!!! MwaHaHaHaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 the-creeper
Member since 2003 • 6641 Posts
Can't say I have any fleshed out ideas for magic at this point in time..perhaps later
juicetino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#10 juicetino
Member since 2005 • 17873 Posts
The Chariot of Helios - Helios rode a fiery chariot across the skies to bring the sun in and out of the sky.It would be a power where a fiery chariot comes in,guided by Helios,and wipes out many enemies(or does lots of damage to a boss)
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 the-creeper

I guess I'll give it a shot...

Fire Magic

L2+[  ]  Animation resembling the casting of AoH.  Desperses 360 flame wave.

lvl1: small damage per hit, small coverage.  Enemies engulfed for 2 seconds (hits once per second)

lvl2: small damage per hit, small/moderate coverage.  Enemies engulfed for 3 seconds (2 hits per second).  Initial burst staggers enemies.

lvl3: small damage per hit, moderate coverage.  Enemies engulfed for 3 seconds (4 hits per second).  Initial hit knocks light/moderate weight enemies airborne (low).  Each hit staggers enemies. 

---If there were 4 undead by you and you used it at lvl3 that would end with 48 hits with one cast

L2+/ \  Animation resembling Zeus' Fury throws.  Fireballs.

lvl2: Weak bolts (think Zeus' Fury lvl2 speed)

lvl3: Weak/Moderate bolts (lvl3 speed).  Upon contact extra hit dealt by fire aura (weak).

lvl3 (Charged): New animation with both hands at front charging large bolt.  Bolts chosen target (or terrain) detonates it (dealing large damage to anything in blast radius while target takes huge damage). Upon collision it thrusts target away on fire (lasts 3 seconds-1 moderate hit per second).  Other enemies caught in path are repelled/dealt the extra damage by fire.

L2+O: Acitivates Fire Aura.  Converts damage that would be dealt into health orbs (EXP if life is full)

lvl3: Quick Flare.  Can't convert unblockable/trap damage.

lvl3 (Charged):  During animation for charge you use up magic (which is lost if interupted).  Can convert unblockable/trap damage (NOTE: I'm not sure how to work out this part of the power just yet)

~The GameInformer said the team was looking to keep things mobile and/or make the spells mult-functional so...I choose to try the latter 

the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 the-creeper

Anyone willing to step up to a challenge?..Make a multi-functional spell (reference my fire spell or Medusa's Gaze) using the element of WATER.  I'm thinking it could be mostly for platforming/positioning purposes more than damage (outside of it's element anyways...)

Here is a bare bones, off the top of my head set of examples:

In Water (supposing underwater battle occurs)

-Pressure Bolts: Like underwater Zeus' Fury

-Whirl Pool: Pulls enemies under and into it while shredding them *hits per second*)

-Liquify: Makes Kratos immune to damage while greatly increasing his swimming speed *cannot attack during it* think extended use of Underwater Dash *R1 underwater in first game*

Near Water

-Tsunami: Large wave crashing down on enemies

-Hurricane: Waves of damage followed by shredding w/ hits per second

Platformiing/Positioning Purposes

-Water Spout: Water Torrent shooting upwards taking Kratos and nearby enemies skyward (initial wave does damage).  It functions as land to Kratos while enemies are juggled (meaning you can use it for elevated jumping or positioning..like escaping enemies below and even reaching areas previously out of range)..think Wings of Icarus.

-Tidal Rush: Water forms under Kratos feet while he performs a shoulder dash *compared to Hermes Rush (shoulder tackle from first game)-longer reach, more damage, can knock larger enemies away/off balance*.  The attack hits 4 times with the one hit and can be interupted/canceled before the fourth blow is landed.  Since this attack launches you foward, it would give a boost start to any use of the Wings of Icarus.

-Vapor Cloud: Kratos becomes a cloud of vapor *immune to physcial attacks* to move to a preferable location (can used to avoid hit, avoid crouds of enemies or manuever past traps) --- though I think this would be to useful

Attack

-Aqua Bolts: Similiar to the Fire Bolts but weaker/slower (outside of water) but staggers enemies with each hit.  Has special effects on certain monsters/attacks (examples follow)

1. Winged Creatures (Harpies, Griffens, etc.) loose flight/speed when hit enough (1 for Harpy but much more for Griffens)

2. Can interupt attacks or cancel fire based attacks (hit a "Undead Grenader" to make it loose its Fire ball attack temporarily or hit a Cyclops mid swing to stop it short of crushing you)

~I'll probally elaborate *edit* on this post later (to match my other)...but I'd like to hear some more magic ideas first.

jofsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jofsta
Member since 2005 • 108 Posts
not surebout the name yet but the spell would make your enemies fight each other
evanescfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 evanescfan
Member since 2005 • 8000 Posts
i'm not sure what to call this spell either but i want a godly-speed! make Kratos fast enough he'll be almost teleproting between enemies giving one-hit fatal kills/jabs to each enemy each time we tap the square button as we hold down the L2 button..........cool?
arikkot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 arikkot
Member since 2006 • 751 Posts
Perhaps if you could turn into a different creature for 30 seconds or so it'd be cool.  Like a minotaur or Satyr.  Then a lot of new thyings would come with that as well as new weapon for that time period.
evanescfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 evanescfan
Whirlwinds!!! u know, little twisters, but big enough to carry all your enmeies around u here's how it works: as long as u hold down L2 (magic button) a twister will lift u as u are lifted by RoP. u move around, (note whirlwind consumes magic slowly) as the twister picks up enemies to u, where u can pull off some air combos/grapples, and u won't be going any where near ground as long as you're inside the twister!
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 the-creeper

That is reminiscent of the Wind Bow..Do you know of its various attributes? 

-We have seen lvl1 (fast wind arrows)

-lvl2 has charged shots (that have a slight lift to them upon contact)

-lvl3 Super chargable; creates twister tearing enemies apart

~Barlog wants all spells to be 2 things:

-as mobile as possible (this applies to everything)..so you don't have to stand still during use

-multiple properties: the L1+[  ] move will have different effects than the the / and O version

----Elements has been noted as the chief focus of the spells (weapons are still a mystery though it seems obvious that we will take the Barbarian King's hammer *my own theory*)

NOTE: You might be thinking "How do you know that?"..Barlog said we will have multiple enemies (R2 switches between them apparently) and we TAKE the weapons we can get from enemies/sub-bosses/bosses through COMBAT..there will be no "sword in the stone moments"

The Barbarian King's hammer is reminiscent of Ares' Hammer which I favor to begin with... It has been shown to have some sort of an electric based special (I can't really figure out what it does since the glimpse was just that...a glimpse I could study).

murphster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 murphster21
Member since 2005 • 377 Posts
Being able to grow a little like with pandora's box and go on a rampage
evanescfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 evanescfan
i trust this is the thread u wanted revived, gmg?
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 the-creeper

This is the one...I wanted to hear more ideas concerning spells

~Guess my theory on the BK Hammer became law..not at all surprising considering the information we had been given up to that point..

evanescfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 evanescfan
revived for simsward007
simsward007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 simsward007
Member since 2005 • 505 Posts

Nature's Revenge: Mankind have taken nature for granted and for no longer, will that happen; Kratos I give u a gift, gift of nature and inflict the wrath of nature on your enemies and torture them. I prefer "Torn and Quartered" don't u?

Demeter, goddess of horticulture

Lvl 1. 1 tree branch gets summoned and grabs the enemies arms and  legs and "torn&quarter". Lvl 2: the tree branch follows you for 1 minute and Lvl 3: Summon 3branches.

Grass element, Magic type and for lvl 3, you haveto charge for 1-3 secs.

Next week...Poseidon's Trident (Lvl 1 attack Tidal wave, Lvl 2 Poseidon's wrath (Return of   GOW1 Poseidon's Rage) and lvl 3 Bigger tidal, circle attackfor Posiedon's wrath and new attack, Typhoon.

L1+square: tidal wave

L1+X: Tyhpoon

L1+O: Poseidon's wrath  

simsward007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 simsward007

I accept your challenge; I give you the deadliest weapon ever forged in the sea, my own trident. (Poseidon was also known nicknamed Earth Shaker as when he struck his trident against the ground, earthquakes happen).

Name: Trident of Poseidon

Type: Melee and Magic

Element: Water

Place: Atlantis, Poseidon’s home

Monster: 7-headed Hydra reincarnated attacks Poseidon’s home

“Kratos, yet again you have proved your courage and loyalty to me when even my own family have turned our backs against you except Athena and I. I give you the ultimate weapon of the seas; my own trident forged in a volcano in Mt Olympus by Hephaestus. Use this weapon Kratos; use the apocalyptical rage of the seas to strike the immense wrath of my own against your enemies so that you can achieve your goals. Go forth and seek the truth of your past!!!”

(An animation take centre stage which shows Kratos shooting a tidal wave, a typhoon (water hurricane), thunder & lightning (return of Poseidon’s Rage) and a massive earthquake occurs, one after another).

Level 1: L2 + Square = Kratos summons a medium-sized tidal wave

Pressing O will do a spinning attack, fast and medium damage

Pressing Square will throw his trident through an enemy

Pressing / will let Kratos slam his trident on the floor causing a massive earthquake

Level 2: L2+ / = Typhoon sucks in enemies near blast-radius and they get trapped, spinning around whilst damage get done to them.

Level 3: L2+ O = Poseidon’s Rage, yes, it returns

Level 4: All attacks are much, more powerful with added effects: 

Poseidon’s Rage now comes with Poseidon’s Wrath ( Repeated circle attack)

Bigger Typhoon with new attack by holding down / to launch 3 typhoons in triangle formation.

All melee attacks including “Earthquake” are stronger and “Earthquake” is 360 degree but now takes mana when you hold down /.

Tidal Wave comes with knock-back and is much larger and there are now 3 Tidal Waves

Level 5: L1 + X =  “Apocalypse of Poseidon” is the ultimate attack as it uses up half the magic bar and like Army of Hades from GOW1, should only be used when the time is right:

Targeting a massive group of enemies in a 360 degree radius, a massive “Earthquake with a massive “Poseidon’s Wrath” 360 degrees targets the unlucky enemies and summons 3 massive typhoons in triangle formation and to finish off, with 1 massive Tsunami which knocks-back enemies as far as possible and even off edges.

evanescfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 evanescfan
wow, here's a creative one for your taste creepah!!
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 the-creeper

Indeed.

Also, Evan..call me GodModeGOD (GMG)..you know I prefer it by now. 

Nature's Revenge: Mankind have taken nature for granted and for no longer, will that happen; Kratos I give u a gift, gift of nature and inflict the wrath of nature on your enemies and torture them. I prefer "Torn and Quartered" don't u?

Demeter, goddess of horticulture

Lvl 1. 1 tree branch gets summoned and grabs the enemies arms and  legs and "torn&quarter". Lvl 2: the tree branch follows you for 1 minute and Lvl 3: Summon 3branches.

Grass element, Magic type and for lvl 3, you haveto charge for 1-3 secs.

simsward007

Appealing to Demeter are we..I'm not sure humanity has had the chance to really offend Nature all that much in the time period things are taking place but I'll go with it.  I haven't had an interesting conversation in a while so I think I'll just have one here..in the form of a review

Lvl1: Please Elaborate on the specifics *for balancing/power* 

Q: How does this work when aimed at larger enemies (Cyclops) or bosses?

Q: Can an enemy block/evade this move? *Zf for instance is blockable*  What about flyers?

Q: Can you choose where it grows? (guiding it)  If so, please describe how we aim it.

Q: I am to assume this is an immediate kill upon catching its target?

Lvl2: That is a bit long don't you think? 

Q: Can spell casts be stacked? *allowing for multiple copies*  If so, how many at once?

Q: Spell cost?

Q: Does it work like lvl1 except it stays around, homing towards enemies?

Q: After killing an enemy (running its course) does it stay until time runs out?

Lvl3: Now we have 3 that require a 3 second charge.

Q: Do they act like the lvl2 version and follow?

Q: If you are interupted during the cast does the magic go to waste?

Q: Speaking of which..what IS the casting cost for such a spell?

If you haven't noticed..I have a penchant for long posts *which goes against the norm here*

I like the idea of using nature but feel this is overpowered and not fully developed.  Speaking of which, I should really get back to my old submissions, CotG and the Comprehensive Thread.

I accept your challenge; I give you the deadliest weapon ever forged in the sea, my own trident. (Poseidon was also known nicknamed Earth Shaker as when he struck his trident against the ground, earthquakes happen).

Name: Trident of Poseidon

Type: Melee and Magic

Element: Water

Place: Atlantis, Poseidon’s home

Monster: 7-headed Hydra reincarnated attacks Poseidon’s home

“Kratos, yet again you have proved your courage and loyalty to me when even my own family have turned our backs against you except Athena and I. I give you the ultimate weapon of the seas; my own trident forged in a volcano in Mt Olympus by Hephaestus. Use this weapon Kratos; use the apocalyptical rage of the seas to strike the immense wrath of my own against your enemies so that you can achieve your goals. Go forth and seek the truth of your past!!!”

(An animation take centre stage which shows Kratos shooting a tidal wave, a typhoon (water hurricane), thunder & lightning (return of Poseidon’s Rage) and a massive earthquake occurs, one after another).

Level 1: L2 + Square = Kratos summons a medium-sized tidal wave

Pressing O will do a spinning attack, fast and medium damage

Pressing Square will throw his trident through an enemy

Pressing / will let Kratos slam his trident on the floor causing a massive earthquake

Level 2: L2+ / = Typhoon sucks in enemies near blast-radius and they get trapped, spinning around whilst damage get done to them.

Level 3: L2+ O = Poseidon’s Rage, yes, it returns

Level 4: All attacks are much, more powerful with added effects: 

Poseidon’s Rage now comes with Poseidon’s Wrath ( Repeated circle attack)

Bigger Typhoon with new attack by holding down / to launch 3 typhoons in triangle formation.

All melee attacks including “Earthquake” are stronger and “Earthquake” is 360 degree but now takes mana when you hold down /.

Tidal Wave comes with knock-back and is much larger and there are now 3 Tidal Waves

Level 5: L1 + X =  “Apocalypse of Poseidon” is the ultimate attack as it uses up half the magic bar and like Army of Hades from GOW1, should only be used when the time is right:

Targeting a massive group of enemies in a 360 degree radius, a massive “Earthquake with a massive “Poseidon’s Wrath” 360 degrees targets the unlucky enemies and summons 3 massive typhoons in triangle formation and to finish off, with 1 massive Tsunami which knocks-back enemies as far as possible and even off edges.

simsward007

THIS is a weapon and should be submitted in the "Weapon Thread"

I've revived the thread for you and will review your idea their..first I'll make a post with your suggestion in quotes so I can begin.

~ONWARD

NOTE: Soul..Ladon..Boss Thread..The project can wait a few hours..Haven't I been kept up for long enough?  Surely you don't have another test coming up..or maybe you do..I forget that you are in your Senior year sometimes *finals perhaps?* 

Soulxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Soulxxx
Member since 2004 • 2784 Posts
Nope, no finals (yet), but yes to tests. And there's another big thing, I dunno, you call it S.A.T or something... It's this really big test, it's in less than a week and I have to learn 2600-2800 words (And I haven't), plus do some math excerises (spelled right?) cause this test is all about doing it fast and skipping questions you can't answer. you have 3 hours and 20 minutes for 8 chapters of 25-30 questions. that's about 200-240 questions. you have to learn all those methods of solving fast - under a minute fast, and I forgot all of them cuase the course ended about 2 months ago. I'm DOOMED! not to forget school which is also a nuisance. So yeah, I'll be away for a while. once Hannukah comes, I'll be a free man (for a week).
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 the-creeper

Nope, no finals (yet), but yes to tests. I'll be taking a large standardized, timed test and I'm still in school GodModeGOD. So yeah, I'll be away for a while. once Hannukah comes, I'll be a free man (for a week).  I'll spend every second of it getting to the boss thread so I can help you work on Ladon.Soulxxx

O RLY?  *Edited for GREAT JUSTICE*

~No thoughts on his submission Soul?..

Soulxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Soulxxx
Member since 2004 • 2784 Posts
Maybe I'll be available. but don't quote me on that! ~Whose submission? simsward's? one thing I gotta ask, are you the same simsward from Cory's blog? Ofcourse I have some thoughts, I'm just too stumped with stuff to share them right now.
simsward007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 simsward007
No!!!
simsward007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 simsward007

Lvl1: Please Elaborate on the specifics for balancing/power

When aimed at Cyclops, it will take a couple of tries, depending on what level, at level 1, maybe 1-6, level 2 maybe 1-4 and at level 3 maybe 3 tries. With bosses, it maybe takes a bit of their health away by grabbing their arms and legs and pulling them down and after pulling them once and then it goes. Stronger the enemy, the harder it is.

Q: Can an enemy block/evade this move? For instance is it blockable what about flyers?

Flyers are instant as you are disrupting their aerial balance when they fly; hence they are putty in your hands and with ground-based enemies, yes its blockable but level 3 version does not miss as you have to charge for 1-3 seconds. Level 1 can miss but level 2 doesn’t miss as much as level 1.

Q: Can you choose where it grows? (Guiding it)  If so, please describe how we aim it.

You can, like when you pick up an enemy and it will highlight an enemy if you are able to throw the enemy into another enemy, it’s like that. Being, it will target an enemy nearest and it will throw the plant seed near the enemy and the seed will grow into the enemy killing it after a few goes. With level 2, torn and quartered, it will spawn directly beneath the enemy and grab its arms and legs and T&Q.             

Level 3 version will kill small mobs as level 3 is multi-hit, with level 3 and Cyclops, it will take a few hits to kill him as it takes time to charge, so we can afford to have it a bit more powerful on average than most weapons. Level 1 on Cyclops, take 5-7 hits, but you don’t charge but will instant-kill on small enemies.

Lvl2: That is a bit long don't you think?  No, level 1 attack is “launch a seed at an enemy and the seed grows into the enemy doing damage but will level 2 attacks, it’s worth it as every spell has its pros and cons. With this spell, advantage is strong damage at level 3, charge for 1-3 secs and multiple, level 2 attacks 1 monster but may only kill 3 monsters depending on how long it takes to kill one monster.

Q: Can spell casts be stacked? allowing for multiple copies If so, how many at once? Level 2 is multi-hit, Level 1 which launches seeds to grow into an enemy and kill, can stack. Level 2 is a whole new attack as it T&Q’s enemies but isn’t stackable as it can last longer and thus, attacking more enemies. Multiple hit is attacking more than one enemy per launch and stackable is shooting more than 1 plant/seed/branch.

Q: Spell cost? Level 1 cost 10%, Level 2, 20% and Level 3, 30%

Level 1 is a separate attack. Summon a seed by shooting at the enemy when highlighted and the seed grows into them and their body creating incisions and level 2, summons a tree branch with 4 parts that grabs arms and legs can last 1 minute killing one after another depending on how strong it is. Level 3 does not last 1 minute but can summon multiple tree branches, 3, in total and IS NOT STACKABLE.

Q: After killing an enemy (running its course) does it stay until time runs out?

Depending on how long it takes to kill 1 enemy, the weaker the enemy, the more kills you get and if you face a Cyclops, it will kill half its health.

Yes, this is a whole new attack which is new. Medusa level 1 was crap, but level 2 was awesome and level 3 was really good, a new attack each level.

No! It would be overpowered then but you swap time limit for more at once.

Q: If you are interrupted during the cast does the magic go to waste?

No, u didn’t cast it.

Q: Speaking of which. What IS the casting cost for such a spell?

30% off bar.

Level 1 throws a seed that grows into an enemy and kills from beneath but IS stackable as it can miss and does not do loads of damage but is fast to cast.

Level 2 summons a branch with 4 parts that grab arms& legs and T&Q them but lasts longer for 30sec to 1minute.

Level 3 charges for 1-3 secs and can summon 3 branches at once but not stackable and does not last for 30 secs -1 minute.

the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 the-creeper

You may be unfamiliar with how I do things so I'll say it here..I'll be making comments inside the quote.  They will be underlined.

Lvl1: Please Elaborate on the specifics for balancing/power

When aimed at Cyclops, it will take a couple of tries, depending on what level, at level 1, maybe 1-6, level 2 maybe 1-4 and at level 3 maybe 3 tries. With bosses, it maybe takes a bit of their health away by grabbing their arms and legs and pulling them down and after pulling them once and then it goes. Stronger the enemy, the harder it is.

I like how it "arrests" an enemy for a short period of time..this would be a versatile spell for this reason alone.  It's effectiveness really should be dependent on an enemies size as you said...If they are a boss, I would have its damage lowered considerable *regardless of level*.  It would funtion as a means to hold a boss at bay/in place.  If they are too large however (like the Boss Minotaur, Barbarian King transformed, etc. I would void its effects entirely.

Q: Can an enemy block/evade this move? For instance is it blockable? What about flyers?

Flyers are instant as you are disrupting their aerial balance when they fly; hence they are putty in your hands and with ground-based enemies, yes its blockable but level 3 version does not miss as you have to charge for 1-3 seconds. Level 1 can miss but level 2 doesn’t miss as much as level 1.

I expected as much *about the flyers*.  The homing versions will eventually catch a highly evasive enemy (imps and Satyrs).  I think I would prefer it was aimed like Zeus' Fury and upon casting it summoned the roots at the location of the enemy selected at the time you cast it (with a bit of room for error *it could reach a short distance away from the spawn point* ).  With the Triple version, I think it would be sweet if only it could tear an enemy apart ("Torn and Quartered" for 20EXP *the effect/animation being limited to enemies that are small enough* ) and spawns in a triangle formation around the enemy selected.  An upgrade to the base form where it allowed for multiple targets at once *for the weakest version* would be sweet.  I'd have the other two versions effect have a name "_____" worth 10EXP.  Similar to how Medusa's Gaze and the Petrify+Crush system worked.

Q: Can you choose where it grows? (Guiding it)  If so, please describe how we aim it.

You can, like when you pick up an enemy and it will highlight an enemy if you are able to throw the enemy into another enemy, it’s like that. Being, it will target an enemy nearest and it will throw the plant seed near the enemy and the seed will grow into the enemy killing it after a few goes. With level 2, torn and quartered, it will spawn directly beneath the enemy and grab its arms and legs and T&Q. 

I would prefer a Zeus' Fury system for aiming the plant's growth personally.  When you said that line about the grapple to toss manuever I immediately thought about how funny it would be if the plant could pick up enemys and swing the about, slam them back and forth and/or even toss them into other enemys. *of its own accord since controlling this would be bad for fighting*  Of course such a thing would be pretty much exclusive to "grunt" class enemys and small enemies.  Minotaurs couldn't be man-handled in such a manner.            

Level 3 version will kill small mobs as level 3 is multi-hit, with level 3 and Cyclops, it will take a few hits to kill him as it takes time to charge, so we can afford to have it a bit more powerful on average than most weapons. Level 1 on Cyclops, take 5-7 hits, but you don’t charge but will instant-kill on small enemies.

It is good that level 3 doesn't go by time becuase I would just abuse such a thing. *like  Army of Hades*..I could cast the spell just before a boss fight or cinematic while refilling my magic to have full magic going into the fight and a small army to back me up right away *free*. 

Though it would be troublesome for you...I'd like you to try and give a value scale showing the effectivenss of the spells per level on each enemy *don't worry about GoWII*..you don't have to but it would be interesting.

Lvl2: That is a bit long don't you think?  No, level 1 attack is “launch a seed at an enemy and the seed grows into the enemy doing damage but will level 2 attacks, it’s worth it as every spell has its pros and cons. With this spell, advantage is strong damage at level 3, charge for 1-3 secs and multiple, level 2 attacks 1 monster but may only kill 3 monsters depending on how long it takes to kill one monster.

Q: Can spell casts be stacked? allowing for multiple copies If so, how many at once? Level 2 is multi-hit, Level 1 which launches seeds to grow into an enemy and kill, can stack. Level 2 is a whole new attack as it T&Q’s enemies but isn’t stackable as it can last longer and thus, attacking more enemies. Multiple hit is attacking more than one enemy per launch and stackable is shooting more than 1 plant/seed/branch.

Spell cost? Level 1 cost 10%, Level 2, 20% and Level 3, 30%

I think these costs would be balanced but would have to actually play with them to see for sure.

Level 1 is a separate attack. Summon a seed by shooting at the enemy when highlighted and the seed grows into them and their body creating incisions and level 2, summons a tree branch with 4 parts that grabs arms and legs can last 1 minute killing one after another depending on how strong it is. Level 3 does not last 1 minute but can summon multiple tree branches, 3, in total and IS NOT STACKABLE.

lvl1 Throw seed that grows into enemy for damage *incisions*

lvl2 Summon tree branch *I'd expect it to be aimed again like Zues' Fury*

-Can lvl2 be stacked?  Or must you wait the full minute for it to go away before casting another.  I think having it stay on the field so long for a meere 20% magic lasting past its initial kill may be a bit too strong.  I don't know..I'll have to think it over a while.

lvl3 3 tree branches that attack at once that disappear upon completing their job.  Is this accurate to what you are saying?

Depending on how long it takes to kill 1 enemy, the weaker the enemy, the more kills you get and if you face a Cyclops, it will kill half its health.

So the more the enemy struggles *dependent on life left, strength, size, etc.*, the shorter its time will be.

Yes, this is a whole new attack which is new. Medusa level 1 was crap, but level 2 was awesome and level 3 was really good, a new attack each level.

I could show that lvl1 MG could be quite effective but that is beside the point.  MG level 3 ability however wasn't worth the mana cost in my opinion.  I like having different functions for each level of a spell.

No! It would be overpowered then but you swap time limit for more at once.

I see.

Q: If you are interrupted during the cast does the magic go to waste?

No, u didn’t cast it.

Indeed *I bring this up because this can happen with AoH*

Q: Speaking of which. What IS the casting cost for such a spell?

30% off bar.

Level 1 throws a seed that grows into an enemy and kills from beneath but IS stackable as it can miss and does not do loads of damage but is fast to cast.

Level 2 summons a branch with 4 parts that grab arms& legs and T&Q them but lasts longer for 30sec to 1minute.

Level 3 charges for 1-3 secs and can summon 3 branches at once but not stackable and does not last for 30 secs -1 minute.

I believe I got the idea before I got this far into reading *which was my aim*.

simsward007

How are we handeling your other submission?..are we calling it a spell or a weapon?  Either way some modifications would have to be made to fit it into a single category *as the two topics demand*.  I would prefer the idea be converted into a weapon rather than a spell but would like to see how you'll handle it *after visiting the "Weapon Thread" of course*

~Your call  

Avatar image for etrnalconundrum
etrnalconundrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 etrnalconundrum
Member since 2006 • 1527 Posts
tl;dr
*KEKEKE,KEKE,KEKEKE*
bushidoboi1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#35 bushidoboi1
Member since 2006 • 103 Posts
How bout one that turns you into you enemy (cyclops,gorgens,sirines,etc) powerfull enemys.
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 the-creeper

THREAD REVIVAL *clear*

~Like the weapon thread I'll wait until I get a feel for the new spells before suggesting any for GoWIII

evanescfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 evanescfan
till then, i got one: now i want a really-god-like power! like that one ares used when he saved kratos. a POPsot time haste would be fine as well.
Avatar image for etrnalconundrum
etrnalconundrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38 etrnalconundrum
Member since 2006 • 1527 Posts
Zeus's Ice Flames the ice flames come out of the ground (like the Army of Hades) and it will be ice flames flying everywhere killing all the enemies.condemned100
That is the wrong answer...