bobdabuilder380

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 bobdabuilder380
Member since 2009 • 28 Posts
I was just wondering, did people like the old games-workshop website more than the one they had now. Personally, i liked the old one better, as it had much more hobby content, instead of the whole thing just being a store.
Asheileon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 Asheileon
Member since 2009 • 673 Posts
I can't agree with you more, the old site was interesting and it was easy to find things. The new one is as you say just a store or if you wan't to see hobby articles you have to link too somwhere else, it kind of sucks.
paelkeizah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 paelkeizah
Member since 2007 • 4510 Posts
old GW site FTW the new one takes forever to load and they got rid of all the good articles >_>
Crunk_Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Crunk_Dog
Member since 2009 • 227 Posts
The old one definitely, the new one just pushes you to buy their more expensive products, and that just becomes annoying after a while and the selection of hobby articles, particular LOTR's, are down on numbers way too much. The old one was much better and focused way more on the hobby, unlike the new one which just focuses of profits for the company. What it could do with is a section where hobbyists can talk to each other about the hobby, like a forum or something, and maybe even submit they're own hobby articles after GW reads them, but chances are that won't happen so I guess that's what this union's for then:P!
HushRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 HushRong
Member since 2008 • 13183 Posts

yeah, the old one had alot of good articles that i wish they still had up now. mostly its "Check out this mini a guy made" and "we got this for sale! order now"

i have no problem with it being a store, gw is a business, but i sure wish they kept up the hobby tutorials and what not.

Lard-Head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Lard-Head
Member since 2003 • 68 Posts
I agree with everyone here that the GW website has become almost exclusively a marketing tool. Sadly that seems to be consistent with the trend in GW's current mentality (like the legal injunction they slapped down on BoardGameGeek.com). I miss the good old days (especially in the late 90's and early 2000's) when GW had a lot of hobby content up and even *gasp* free downloads for game related stuff (even some actual free out of print games in print and play format). the web site SHOULD include marketing related stuff (links to the online store, etc.), but it can and should be so much more and I think the best way to perpetuate the hobby is through support of the hobby, not just marketing (but then I'm not a business or economics guy, so maybe I'm wrong). GW had a lot to do with my push into true "gaming" (outside of video/computer gaming) and I have been saddened by the direction they have been going recently... on the up shot, they are still around, and as long as the company persists there is hope for things to turn around and come full circle (perhaps when the economy starts to look up).