FireSpirit117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 FireSpirit117
Member since 2012 • 1926 Posts
What does an album have to do to get slapped with one of those? It just seems kind of random. Like I've seen some albums with almost no obscenities get the sticker while other albums, which are practically laced with them, don't.
rocketfox129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 rocketfox129
Member since 2007 • 30833 Posts

I know what you mean, I've seen some with them on (or with it as part of the cover, though not part of the cover art) which have a maximum of 3 or 4 profanities for the entire album, yet I've seen albums where every other word in the lyric is a profanity, covers featuring gore or stuff like say a topless woman with no parental advisory slapped on them, and in a bunch of cases for the covers, I haven't even seen the stores trying to hide the covers.

I'm not saying whether censorship of this sort of thing is good or bad, just saying I completely agree with you in that it seems a very random decision for what does and  doesn't get a parental advisory sticker slapped on it.

Noteldnep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#3 Noteldnep
Member since 2005 • 20170 Posts
In my opinion, stuff gets tabbed with Parental Advisory far too often, and too much stuff gets ignored by it to flip the coin around, for it to have any credibility. Either it's bad for kids, or it's not. 
Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts
Mainstream/big label stuffI think always gets the sticker. Aside from that I think it depends on the record label, some use them while others don't bother.
FireSpirit117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 FireSpirit117
Member since 2012 • 1926 Posts
I think another reason might that some artists and bands are pretty much expected to be explicit. Like it's almost a given fact that their next album might be full of f-bombs and such, so giving it an advisory sticker would probably be redundant by this point.