cronomagus36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#1 cronomagus36
Member since 2009 • 12663 Posts

Note: Obviously, this thread is based on other people's opinions. If you cannot respectfully disagree with the views of others, then you should probably leave this thread now.

With that out of the way, there are a lot of different people in this union who have different tastes in music, and here you can share and talk about musicians that you think are completely overrated, and, just to make yourself look better, state WHY you don't like them.

As several of you probably now, I don't like rap. Period. So instead of just criticizing the whole genre, I'll mix it up a little bit and talk about rock and metal bands that I don't like instead.

Green Day: I just think their sound is all-around awful. I don't like their singer's voice, their instrumental sound is nowhere near as good as the more old-school punk bands out there, and their attempts at mixing pop and punk elements into their music just doesn't mix well for me.

Linkin Park: Speaking of bands that can't decide what genre they should be in, there's Linkin Park. Linkin Park usually tries to combine Rap and Alternative Rock/Metal into their music, and like I said, I just don't like rap at all. Plus their lyrics (to me) are just the same self-loathing nonsense in every single song. Some might try to point out that I listen to grunge, which also contains some angsty, self-depressive lyrics, but grunge tends to have lyrics about a lot of different subjects, rather than just self-esteem issues, which is pretty much all Linkin Park's songs are ever about.

Dragonforce: Dragonforce is one of those metal bands that tries to convince people that SPEED is all that matters in Metal music anymore. I realize that they're a Power Metal band and are supposed to have very fast, energetic songs, but to me it just sounds like they try so hard to force fast guitar solos into every minute of their music, and their singer doesn't really have much of a "heavy metal voice" compared to most other Power Metal bands out there.

Marilyn Manson: First of all, I've never been into any sort of gothic rock or metal music out there, for the fashion trends or for the music itself. From what I've heard of Manson's voice, his singing is based on two different levels of dynamics: He has his quiter voice, which typically sounds raspy, creepy, and almost seductive (like his cover of The KKK Took My Baby Away), and his louder voice, which is a load of raspy yelling and screaming. The rest of the band has never had any special talent either.

Feel free to share some of your picks for overrated bands (from any genre).

ArmoredCore55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ArmoredCore55
Member since 2005 • 24940 Posts
Dragonforce, Lil Wayne, Justin Bieber, Rebecca Black, Soulja Boy, BFMV, BrokeNCYDE, Suicide Silence, BMTH, The Backstreet Boys, N'Sync, Coldplay, U2, Simple Plan, Fall Out Boy, MCR, Lady Gaga, etc.
rocketfox129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 rocketfox129
Member since 2007 • 30833 Posts
I'll certainly second Linkin Park, and personally would put forward Metallica, though that's just my thoughts on them :P
Avatar image for PsychoRedFox666
PsychoRedFox666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 PsychoRedFox666
Member since 2007 • 2081 Posts
Manson has nothing to do with gothic rock. He's shock rock. And I agree with you saying he's overrated. I'd also go with Linkin Park. LOL, so bad. :P
cronomagus36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#5 cronomagus36
Member since 2009 • 12663 Posts

I do like Metallica, but I think they do get more hype than they deserve, like with most of their fanbase acting like they invented heavy metal and that they're the greatest metal band ever. Plus all of their music I've heard from their recent years is just nothing compared to what the band used to be.

I'll also mention a few other picks of mine: Coldplay, Smashing Pumpkins, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Offspring.

Crulex1369

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Crulex1369
Member since 2008 • 2769 Posts

I'm going to agree with Metallica, Coldplay and even though I like Dragonforce and Linkin' Park, I still think they get more hype then they deserve.

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts
Bring me the horizon,The ghost inside,All time low and Fallout boy are defo some of my picks :P
Avatar image for PsychoRedFox666
PsychoRedFox666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PsychoRedFox666
Member since 2007 • 2081 Posts
I'm going to add Lady Gaga. Not for her music though as we know it's just generic pop. Instead I want to nominate her for her "weirdness." She's really not that weird. Just an attention w***e.
applesxc47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 applesxc47
Member since 2008 • 10761 Posts
Marilyn Manson, Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber, and every Metalcore band like Bullet For My Valentine
applesxc47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 applesxc47

I'm going to add Lady Gaga. Not for her music though as we know it's just generic pop. Instead I want to nominate her for her "weirdness." She's really not that weird. Just an attention w***e. PsychoRedFox666

I say that too, and then I'm yelled at by everyone:P

Avatar image for jediknight52501
jediknight52501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#11 jediknight52501
Member since 2005 • 69715 Posts
Marilyn Manson, Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber, and every Metalcore band like Bullet For My Valentineapplesxc47
Bullet's first 2 albums were good, after that they went downhill, fast. so they are way overrated.
dissonantblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 dissonantblack
Member since 2005 • 34009 Posts
i don't like marylin manson either. and i'm obsessed with Goth.
leon2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 leon2365
Member since 2006 • 13096 Posts
megadeth is overrated.
sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 sman3579
Member since 2008 • 21174 Posts
Eminem is pretty overrated IMO.
applesxc47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 applesxc47

i don't like marylin manson either. and i'm obsessed with Goth. dissonantblack

He's waaay too gimmicky for me, everything about him seems like an attention grab.

ArmoredCore55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ArmoredCore55
Member since 2005 • 24940 Posts
I also think stuff like One Direction and The Script are overrated.
GamerofMario1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#17 GamerofMario1
Member since 2008 • 12972 Posts
Metallica, Eminem, Slipknot, Green Day, Aerosmith, and Led Zepplin.