themyrmidon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 themyrmidon
Member since 2007 • 5567 Posts

I know Robert Knepper is good at playing an ass, but I don't like how it adversely affects his screentime.  Fortunately that wasn't the case this episode.

Also, why do they think we care about Camile's earth relationship?  At all?

shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 shockwave04
Member since 2002 • 19257 Posts
why does she get to go home so much, or your right why do they think we care cause I don't. I thought it was one of the best episode of the series so far. Fantastic episode Robert Carlye did a great job directing also.
themyrmidon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 themyrmidon

Carlyle directed?  He did do a great job of it.  And I agree, it was one of best so far.  Big parts by Knepper, Carlyle, and Blue as well.  Coincidence?  I think not.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

I know Robert Knepper is good at playing an ass, but I don't like how it adversely affects his screentime. Fortunately that wasn't the case this episode.

Also, why do they think we care about Camile's earth relationship? At all?

themyrmidon

Because it's the embodiment of what the whole crew is feeling and what it's like to be away from the people you care about, and in a less narrative sense a metaphor for the seperation people feel in modern relationships, when spouses or loved ones are fighting in wars overseas, or simply for the seperation present in everyday society.

Anyways, great episode, loved every part of it. Rush is really coming along very nicely as a character, and whaddya know, Chloe's finally got some depth to her.

Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Kurushio
Member since 2004 • 10485 Posts

I hope that Chloe doesnt get cured since she is far more interesting now than before. I thought it was kinda nice that they allowed Eli's mom to come aboard but i didnt care for how thick headed she was when Eli was trying to tell her it was him. I understand how it would be tough but if he knew so many details you would have to believe it.

Also did they show even one scene on the seeder ship? I dont remember one and it doesnt make sense to totally forget about them.

themyrmidon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 themyrmidon

Also did they show even one scene on the seeder ship? I dont remember one and it doesnt make sense to totally forget about them.

Kurushio

No, but it's only LDP trapped over there.  They probably won't revisit it until his return, like they did with Ford in SGA.

shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 shockwave04
Member since 2002 • 19257 Posts

I thought it was kinda nice that they allowed Eli's mom to come aboard

Kurushio

yeah I had a big smile on my face when that happened.

Flamecommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Flamecommando
Member since 2003 • 11634 Posts
Pretty decent episode. I'm very tired of Cloe & Matt. (or maybe it's just cloe) Rush being sneaky as always.
Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Kurushio
Member since 2004 • 10485 Posts
I wonder why Rush only see's those people when he is in the command center. I dont think they have even popped up or spoken to him anywhere else. Im also still not sure why he wont just tell them he found the CC other than to keep control for himself and he doesnt trust anybody. Maybe the aliens affected him too.
themyrmidon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 themyrmidon
I wonder why Rush only see's those people when he is in the command center. I dont think they have even popped up or spoken to him anywhere else. Im also still not sure why he wont just tell them he found the CC other than to keep control for himself and he doesnt trust anybody. Maybe the aliens affected him too.Kurushio
answer
theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

I wonder why Rush only see's those people when he is in the command center. I dont think they have even popped up or spoken to him anywhere else. Im also still not sure why he wont just tell them he found the CC other than to keep control for himself and he doesnt trust anybody. Maybe the aliens affected him too.Kurushio

It probably has something to do with the chair, the one scientist vaished when he was in the chair and Rush's experience in the chair centered around his wife. That still leaves a question as to what they are, I think there's a pretty good chance they're ancient/ascended.

As to why he won't tell, if everyone else starts working in the CC they'll find a way home faster, and if they do that Young is likely to try and have Rush taken as far away from Destiny as possible. Rush wants to unlock Destiny's secrets more than anything, and Young knowing could jeopordize that.