the13slayers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 the13slayers
Member since 2007 • 79 Posts

any one got a problem with,vince young talk about it,cuz he is AWESOME!!!!

and look, more yards then reggie bush-

and look more touchdowns then him too-

he ownz

Avatar image for detroitpistons0
detroitpistons0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 detroitpistons0
Member since 2006 • 12910 Posts
Um... That's good for you.
the13slayers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 the13slayers
Um... That's good for you.detroitpistons0
totally
Terps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 Terps
Member since 2006 • 2083 Posts
alright we get it you like Texas, but please stop making meaningless threads
the13slayers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 the13slayers
alright we get it you like Texas, but please stop making meaningless threadsTerps
its not,im showing vince a quarter back is abetter RB then reggie bush
geaux321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 geaux321
Member since 2003 • 19424 Posts
And Reggie Bush has made it to the playoffs.
newbpwnage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 newbpwnage
Member since 2007 • 2409 Posts
And Reggie Bush has made it to the playoffs.geaux321
FTW young is overated, lienart is a better qb than young...
Steelers_86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 Steelers_86
Member since 2003 • 2268 Posts
do we really need to do this?
newbpwnage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 newbpwnage

do we really need to do this?Steelers_86

lol absolutely not.

Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 Espurs117
Member since 2005 • 22817 Posts

[QUOTE="geaux321"]And Reggie Bush has made it to the playoffs.newbpwnage
FTW young is overated, lienart is a better qb than young...

Delusional thoughts pop up every now and then huh?

sith_acolyte15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 sith_acolyte15
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts
I thought that we were done with this conversation about a month after that Nation Title game. I guess not.
Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Espurs117
No, we can talk about this for years....this should be stickied.
romocop33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 romocop33
Member since 2005 • 2755 Posts
as much as i hate to admit it (mostly because he basically single-handedly dropped 70 points on CU), vince young was a much better college player than reggie bush. take him off of that texas team and they wouldn't have been nearly as good. take reggie bush off of USC, and they still would have made it to the rose bowl.
sith_acolyte15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 sith_acolyte15
That just shows the strength, or lack thereof, of the Pac 10.
Steelers_86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Steelers_86

No, we can talk about this for years....this should be stickied.Espurs117

lol

bgres077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

#16 bgres077
Member since 2005 • 12694 Posts
Wow, anyoene else realize he misspelled Vince in his topic title.
detroitpistons0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 detroitpistons0
I did. I mean, he didn't even capitilize anything either. How sad. (Yes, I'm pretty big on capitilization, so you'll have to deal with it.)
mgsthefury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mgsthefury
Member since 2005 • 406 Posts

Heisman Trophy:

Reggie Bush: 1 Vince Young: 0

I mean i hate the man, but he is pretty good.

newbpwnage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 newbpwnage

Heisman Trophy:

mgsthefury

and he should've gotten the Trophy 2 years in a row, Giving it to Leinart was BS!

Fartytoohearty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Fartytoohearty
Member since 2005 • 1535 Posts

Well duh Vince is gonna have more TDs then Reggie, I mean he plays QB and he runs it alot also.

They are both terrific players and have great NFL careers ahead of them... although I do think Bush will end up the better player.

jakeob1106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jakeob1106
Member since 2004 • 431 Posts

Heisman Trophy:

mgsthefury
And didn't deserve that heisman. That's Vince's trophy no matter what anyone says. Without Vince UT is 9-3. Without Bush usc would have probably still gone undefeated through the regular season. Vince is far and away a better player at both levels as of right now.
newbpwnage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 newbpwnage
[QUOTE="mgsthefury"]

Heisman Trophy:

jakeob1106

And didn't deserve that heisman. That's Vince's trophy no matter what anyone says. Without Vince UT is 9-3. Without Bush usc would have probably still gone undefeated through the regular season. Vince is far and away a better player at both levels as of right now.

Lol put down the crack pipe; he shouldve gotten the one the year before too.

Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Bobbles
Member since 2003 • 11678 Posts
[QUOTE="jakeob1106"][QUOTE="mgsthefury"]

Heisman Trophy:

newbpwnage

Um, he's right dude. Young was more important to the Longhorns then Bush was to the Trojans. Also, who won the Rose Bowl, Reggie's team or Vince's team?
Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Espurs117
[QUOTE="mgsthefury"]

Heisman Trophy:

jakeob1106

*tear*

Terps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#26 Terps
Member since 2006 • 2083 Posts
i dont think you can compare a QB's importance to a team to a RB. pre-rose bowl reggie was the heisman, post-rose bowl it was vince young, but its a regular season award and its not the most important player, its the most outstanding player and in the regular season that was bush.
Fartytoohearty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Fartytoohearty
[QUOTE="newbpwnage"][QUOTE="jakeob1106"][QUOTE="mgsthefury"]

Heisman Trophy:

Bobbles

Um, he's right dude. Young was more important to the Longhorns then Bush was to the Trojans. Also, who won the Rose Bowl, Reggie's team or Vince's team?

Well not really, Reggie was the best college football player that year. Thats why he did win it, he was the BEST college player that year.

The award goes to the most outstanding player in the nation, and well Reggie was the guy.

Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Espurs117
[QUOTE="Bobbles"][QUOTE="newbpwnage"][QUOTE="jakeob1106"][QUOTE="mgsthefury"]

Heisman Trophy:

Fartytoohearty

Well not really, Reggie was the best college football player that year. Thats why he did win it, he was the BEST college player that year.

The award goes to the most outstanding player in the nation, and well Reggie was the guy.

He was stating that Vince was more valuable to Texas than Reggie was to USC.

Fartytoohearty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Fartytoohearty
[QUOTE="Fartytoohearty"][QUOTE="Bobbles"][QUOTE="newbpwnage"][QUOTE="jakeob1106"][QUOTE="mgsthefury"]

Heisman Trophy:

Espurs117

I thought he was defending saying that he was right about Vince should of won the heisman. Then defending what he said with why he said it, about Vince being more important to his team.

And if he was just stating who was more important to whos team then what does it matter who won the NC? The better team wins, not the team with the player who is more important to their team.

Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Bobbles
[QUOTE="Espurs117"][QUOTE="Fartytoohearty"][QUOTE="Bobbles"][QUOTE="newbpwnage"][QUOTE="jakeob1106"][QUOTE="mgsthefury"]

Heisman Trophy:

Fartytoohearty

I thought he was defending saying that he was right about Vince should of won the heisman. Then defending what he said with why he said it, about Vince being more important to his team.

And if he was just stating who was more important to whos team then what does it matter who won the NC? The better team wins, not the team with the player who is more important to their team.

Not necessarily. The better team doesn't always win. If a team can get hot then they will play better and out preform the other team. To be honest i think the USC team was better on paper then the Texas team, but Texas had Vince Young and he was the X-factor in the game.
newbpwnage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 newbpwnage
[QUOTE="Fartytoohearty"][QUOTE="Bobbles"][QUOTE="newbpwnage"][QUOTE="jakeob1106"][QUOTE="mgsthefury"]

Heisman Trophy:

Espurs117

its not an mvp award; its to the best player.; thus everyone knows that bush is better

Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Espurs117
[QUOTE="Espurs117"][QUOTE="Fartytoohearty"][QUOTE="Bobbles"][QUOTE="newbpwnage"][QUOTE="jakeob1106"][QUOTE="mgsthefury"]

Heisman Trophy:

newbpwnage

its not an mvp award; its to the best player.; thus everyone knows that bush is better

Oh really the best player eh? Hmm someone screwed up last year by giving it to Troy Smith not Calvin Johnson...or that time that Jason White, Eric Crouch, Danny Wuerfell...etc. All won it.

newbpwnage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 newbpwnage
[QUOTE="newbpwnage"][QUOTE="Espurs117"][QUOTE="Fartytoohearty"][QUOTE="Bobbles"][QUOTE="newbpwnage"][QUOTE="jakeob1106"][QUOTE="mgsthefury"]

Heisman Trophy:

Espurs117

Oh really the best player eh? Hmm someone screwed up last year by giving it to Troy Smith not Calvin Johnson...or that time that Jason White, Eric Crouch, Danny Wuerfell...etc. All won it.

troy smith was the best player in the college level...... CJ is just the best overall player to come out of the draft.....

the Best COLLEGE player, not the best player..... troy smith was a beast last year, complemented by 2 stud WRs, a great RB and a great Def..... which i got to watch tear my hawks apart on National television for a night game.....

he earned that award. if CJ was so great in college, then why didnt he single handedly carry his team on his back to a new years day bowl? oh because he couldnt.....

lol... dont be a hater kuz you konw VY's going to bust.

36Ounces

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 36Ounces
Member since 2006 • 2065 Posts

if CJ was so great in college, then why didnt he single handedly carry his team on his back to a new years day bowl? oh because he couldnt.....newbpwnage

prolly bc his QB sucked and couldn't give him the ball enough. and i agree that VY shoulda won the Heisman bc he had more impact on the games he played in and imo is the overall better player. maybe not most athletic but better. and VY a bust? lol he has done great in the NFL i don't know what games you were watchin. also Troy Smith was overrated. the only"title" caliber team he played last year was Florida and he got owned.

Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Bobbles
[QUOTE="newbpwnage"]

if CJ was so great in college, then why didnt he single handedly carry his team on his back to a new years day bowl? oh because he couldnt.....36Ounces

prolly bc his QB sucked and couldn't give him the ball enough. and i agree that VY shoulda won the Heisman bc he had more impact on the games he played in and imo is the overall better player. maybe not most athletic but better. and VY a bust? lol he has done great in the NFL i don't know what games you were watchin. also Troy Smith was overrated. the only"title" caliber team he played last year was Florida and he got owned.

Nicely put my man, and rofl at newb saying CJ couldn't carry his team on his back.. well no crap dude he's a frickin wide out, that doesn't mean he's not the best player at his position in college dude. Have you ever heard of a wideout carrying a team on his back? NO! Because someone has to throw the ball to him. QB is more valuable to a team then a wideout. The Patriots are proof of this, their wideouts last year were trash, but they had Tom Brady who almost got them to another Super Bowl with a bunch of no names catching the ball.
detroitpistons0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 detroitpistons0

Jerry Rice wouldn't be half the WR he was without Steve Young or Montana passing the leather to him.

Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Espurs117
[QUOTE="Espurs117"][QUOTE="newbpwnage"][QUOTE="Espurs117"][QUOTE="Fartytoohearty"][QUOTE="Bobbles"][QUOTE="newbpwnage"][QUOTE="jakeob1106"][QUOTE="mgsthefury"]

Heisman Trophy:

newbpwnage

troy smith was the best player in the college level...... CJ is just the best overall player to come out of the draft.....

the Best COLLEGE player, not the best player..... troy smith was a beast last year, complemented by 2 stud WRs, a great RB and a great Def..... which i got to watch tear my hawks apart on National television for a night game.....

he earned that award. if CJ was so great in college, then why didnt he single handedly carry his team on his back to a new years day bowl? oh because he couldnt.....

LOL now your just talking out of your ass. Best college player then best overall player? CMon dude. You said its for the best player in college football? Was Calvin Johnson not playing college football?:| Your the only one hating dude, your calling someone who just won rookie of the year and has only a few games under his belt a bust....Why don't you think about that one for a bit.

orthancstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 orthancstone
Member since 2002 • 3311 Posts

Without Bush usc would have probably still gone undefeated through the regular season.
jakeob1106

I dunno, who would've pushed Leinert in for a TD?

Fartytoohearty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Fartytoohearty

[QUOTE="jakeob1106"]Without Bush usc would have probably still gone undefeated through the regular season.
orthancstone

Haha I forgot about that, thats actually a very very good point.

newbpwnage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 newbpwnage
[QUOTE="orthancstone"]

[QUOTE="jakeob1106"]Without Bush usc would have probably still gone undefeated through the regular season.
Fartytoohearty

Haha I forgot about that, thats actually a very very good point.

not lendale white's fat arse.....

Steelers_86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Steelers_86
[QUOTE="newbpwnage"][QUOTE="Espurs117"][QUOTE="Fartytoohearty"][QUOTE="Bobbles"][QUOTE="newbpwnage"][QUOTE="jakeob1106"][QUOTE="mgsthefury"]

Heisman Trophy:

Espurs117

in 1996 who was better than danny wuerfell?

newbpwnage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 newbpwnage
or who was clearly better than crouch/ wuefell in those years? As a college player. As a Winner, as in leading his team to victory...
mgsthefury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 mgsthefury
Member since 2005 • 406 Posts
haha
jakeob1106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 jakeob1106

Heisman Trophy:

Fartytoohearty

I was and I am right. Did RB win the NC for his team, or did he single handedly get the trojans through multiple games? Young was a better collegiate player and is going to be a better pro barring bad injury for either of them.
jakeob1106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 jakeob1106
or who was clearly better than crouch/ wuefell in those years? As a college player. As a Winner, as in leading his team to victory...newbpwnage
Roy Williams from Oklahoma was twice the football player Croch was/is. In college he was head and shoulders better and, well Croch is missing from the pro ranks because he is no good.
jakeob1106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 jakeob1106
[QUOTE="Espurs117"][QUOTE="newbpwnage"][QUOTE="Espurs117"][QUOTE="Fartytoohearty"][QUOTE="Bobbles"][QUOTE="newbpwnage"][QUOTE="jakeob1106"][QUOTE="mgsthefury"]

Heisman Trophy:

newbpwnage

lmao@Smith being the best player last year. Smith wasn't even the best QB last year. Had Colt Brennan been at a bigger school he'd have won the thing. CJ was the better college player, better NFL prospect and is probably a better dancer as well;).
detroitpistons0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 detroitpistons0
CJ reminds me a lot of Jerry Rice, so he probably is gonna be on dancing with the stars in the future.
Fartytoohearty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Fartytoohearty
[QUOTE="newbpwnage"][QUOTE="Espurs117"][QUOTE="newbpwnage"][QUOTE="Espurs117"][QUOTE="Fartytoohearty"][QUOTE="Bobbles"][QUOTE="newbpwnage"][QUOTE="jakeob1106"][QUOTE="mgsthefury"]

Heisman Trophy:

jakeob1106

lmao@Smith being the best player last year. Smith wasn't even the best QB last year. Had Colt Brennan been at a bigger school he'd have won the thing. CJ was the better college player, better NFL prospect and is probably a better dancer as well;).

Had Colt Brennan played at a different school he more then likely wouldnt of put up the kind of numbers he put up. He is a great QB but his stats are a bit inflated due to playing for Hawaii under the system they run and against the defenses they play against.

sith_acolyte15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 sith_acolyte15

CJ reminds me a lot of Jerry Rice, so he probably is gonna be on dancing with the stars in the future.detroitpistons0

The one thing that made CJ stand out as a draft prospect. Was who all he is compared to. They've said he's like Jerry Rice in his work ethic and attitude. And that he has the athletic ability of a Randy Moss or a Terrell Owens. Now, that's one hell of a potential player if that all turns out to be true.

detroitpistons0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 detroitpistons0

I somehow think that he won't be all he's cracked up to be, though. I don't know why, but I'm just getting that funny feeling. I do hope it's not true, though.