Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 Espurs117
Member since 2005 • 22817 Posts
Ohio State or Boise State? It seems like the last spot in the Fiesta Bowl is up for grabs this weekend. Ive read many reports that the Fiest Bowl is leaning towards Ohio State. Do you guys want to see a 2 loss Ohio State team in or an undefeated Boise State team in? Whoever goes will likely face Texas. So I guess the question is Boise vs Texas or OSU vs Texas?
Avatar image for sfgiantsfan8291
sfgiantsfan8291

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 sfgiantsfan8291
Member since 2005 • 12011 Posts
Defintely not OSU, they are garbage.
CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts
I'd like to see Boise State in.
RTJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RTJP
Member since 2006 • 508 Posts
I want Boise State to be in a BCS game so bad because the WAC needs the money. :)
sith_acolyte15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 sith_acolyte15
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

Without a doubt it should be Boise.

EDIT: Plus, isn't one of the "rules" of the BCS, if a non-bcs team finishes ahead of a BCS conference champ, they get an automatic bid? We should have four "bcs-busters" this year then.

Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 Espurs117
Member since 2005 • 22817 Posts

EDIT: Plus, isn't one of the "rules" of the BCS, if a non-bcs team finishes ahead of a BCS conference champ, they get an automatic bid? We should have four "bcs-busters" this year then.

sith_acolyte15

No idea, but Utah going undefeated pretty much took out Boise out of the BCS game I think.

GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#7 GamerForca
Member since 2005 • 7203 Posts
Boise. I mean, Ohio State needs to go to the Capital One Bowl. Sure, UGA's defense is an undisciplined mess, but when was the last time OSU beat an SEC team in a bowl game (lol)? Florida waxes them 2 years ago, LSU did last year.. Georgia's turn.
razman55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 razman55
Member since 2003 • 3507 Posts

I think Boise State should get the bid.

For going undefeated, they should get to prove themselves as a contender, over a 2 loss Ohio State team.

Perhaps another Fiesta Bowl miracle?? Man what a game that was, simply outstanding.

bjvb15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bjvb15
Member since 2004 • 508 Posts

You know my answer. They say OSU has a bigger fan base (true), but you won't get the whole city of Columbus to go 2000 miles to a bowl. The whole city of Boise was there in 07. I was at the Fiesta bowl in 07. I saw a sea of orange and blue EVERYWHERE I went. If you look at the pics from the game you will see it was like the Red River Rivalry (just a different shade of orange). If they are worried about the TV ratings, who wants to watch OSU lose another BCS. Maybe will see another great game if Boise goes (I will say it first, I don't think it will be as exciting, but still good). OSU will only bring in OSU fans. Boise will bring in fans from all over. Besides, if UTexas goes, OU will watch to see UTexas lose. :P :lol: As for the records, OSU has lost to 2 teams going to a BCS bowl, I hope they don't make it 3. I hope Boise gets picked, but if not there's always San Diego.

If you guys didn't know already, Ball State said no to an H-bowl invitation. So that most likely puts Boise in PHX or SAN and Neveda in the H-bowl.

Sunday needs to get here fast. I feel like I did just before the 2 point conversion, but it's lasting all week. :?

Side note: Vegas should be lobbying to get Boise to PHX. In 07 a lot of people stayed in vegas before and after the game. But they might do the same if they end up in San Diego.

bjvb15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 bjvb15
Member since 2004 • 508 Posts

sith_acolyte15

If more than one team meets the provisions to get a BCS bid the highest ranked team gets the auto bid. Since Utah is higher in the polls, they get the auto.

I really want to go to PHX.

sith_acolyte15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 sith_acolyte15
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts
[QUOTE="sith_acolyte15"]

bjvb15

If more than one team meets the provisions to get a BCS bid the highest ranked team gets the auto bid. Since Utah is higher in the polls, they get the auto.

I really want to go to PHX.

I know that. I'm just pointing out the flaw(s) in the system. I'm really starting to hate the idea of automatic bids for conference champions. How many times now would the ACC and/or Big East been left out if there wasn't that ridiculous aspect to deal with? 

spfx30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 spfx30
Member since 2005 • 9945 Posts

Without a doubt, Boise St. is much more deserving of a prestigious bowl appearance than the Buckeyes. I do not believe this, however, merely because Ohio State was humilated the past two years.

See, people argue that the Broncos finished undefeated in '05-'06 because of the weak opponents that they played. That same argument is probably being made again this year. I don't believe that. I think, instead, that it's obvious that the Broncos are simply that talented (after all, they made a comeback against OU).

In the Buckeyes' case, I think it's true that their level of competition is above that of Boise State's. But so what? They're equally capable of going undefeated, and yet have failed to do so since '02.