sfgiantsfan8291

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 sfgiantsfan8291
Member since 2005 • 12011 Posts

What a joke, first they decline to play Boise State in the Humanitarian Bowl because it is on Boise's home turf-

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=jn-ballst120408&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Then they get destroyed by Buffalo in the MAC Championship.

I think it's safe to say they did not deserve to be ranked that high, and it's for the best that they did not accept that invitation.

sith_acolyte15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 sith_acolyte15
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts
I was just thinking the same thing.
geaux321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 geaux321
Member since 2003 • 19424 Posts
Those fumble returns for TD's killed them.
bjvb15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 bjvb15
Member since 2004 • 508 Posts

What a joke, first they decline to play Boise State in the Humanitarian Bowl because it is on Boise's home turf-

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=jn-ballst120408&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Then they get destroyed by Buffalo in the MAC Championship.

I think it's safe to say they did not deserve to be ranked that high, and it's for the best that they did not accept that invitation.

sfgiantsfan8291

They didn't get destroyed by Buffalo, they self destructed. The offense gave Buffalo 14 points. I think they can still win their bowl game (I might reverse that when I see who they play). A one loss year (no matter what conference you are in) is still a great year.

Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 Espurs117
Member since 2005 • 22817 Posts
^I agree a 1 loss year for them is amazing. However too bad for them cuz a Boise game would of been nice, but I can't really blame them for not accepting.....Boise Blue TURF! NO WAY!
Avatar image for sfgiantsfan8291
sfgiantsfan8291

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 sfgiantsfan8291
Member since 2005 • 12011 Posts
I know it is still a very good season for them, but think about what it could have been. They could be playing Boise, where they would be expected to lose, but that would still get them more national recognition even if they would lose. Now if they lose to whoever they play in their bowl they could fall completely off the map again.
darksword1123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 darksword1123
Member since 2004 • 30121 Posts
Great win for Buffalo....a much improved program.
spfx30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 spfx30
Member since 2005 • 9945 Posts

What a joke, first they decline to play Boise State in the Humanitarian Bowl because it is on Boise's home turf-sfgiantsfan8291

So, Ball St. is a joke for declining an invitation to the H-Bowl? How so? In my opinion, the H-Bowl is the joke, not Ball St. Sure, accepting the bid probably would have been in the best interest for the Cardinals in terms of money and recognition, but think of the team. The H-Bowl is already a home game (ridiculously) for the Broncos; adding to that the few number of BSU fans that would bother traveling all the way from Muncie to Boise would only make the situation worse.

Then they get destroyed by Buffalo in the MAC Championship.sfgiantsfan8291

No, actually, more like what bjvb stated. Ball St. simply handed that game to the Bulls. Now, I'm not stating that Buffalo did nothing to win that game; they did. But, BSU's turnovers cost them that game.

I think it's safe to say they did not deserve to be ranked that highsfgiantsfan8291

Again, I must disgree. The Cardinals' play the whole season was no fluke. They are good. A team simply cannot make as many mistakes as Ball State made against a team as talented as Buffalo. Sure, losing a conference championship game (no matter the conference) is always embarrassing and bad, but so far, Ball St. has one loss. Out of 13 games, as bjvb and Espurs stated, that's excellent. Now, the Cards just have to finish their season off with a win (which I'm hoping they can do).

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts
Still did pretty good compared to every other season they've had.
Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Espurs117
Ball State would get owned by a good top 25 BCS conference team.
sith_acolyte15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 sith_acolyte15
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

Ball State would get owned by a good top 25 BCS conference team. Espurs117

What, Indiana doesn't fit that bill? :P

bjvb15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 bjvb15

spfx. you are so right about the H-bowl. It's a joke. Oh and ball st. wouldn't have gone for the money. The money might pay for their expenses, but that's about it. Also, it's not a fun bowl. The activities for the teams are a "winter" fun day (who doesn't love snow) and bowling. Not to mention you probably get some truck stop stuff.

espurs. thanks for pointing out that it is scary to play on the BLUE. Now you know why it is so difficult to schedule our ooc games. Hey tell UT to schedule a home and home series, it could be called "The Fiesta Bowl that never was." And I don't mean to throw salt in the wound, but a win over BSU would've probably had you ranked higher than OU.

Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Espurs117

spfx. you are so right about the H-bowl. It's a joke. Oh and ball st. wouldn't have gone for the money. The money might pay for their expenses, but that's about it. Also, it's not a fun bowl. The activities for the teams are a "winter" fun day (who doesn't love snow) and bowling. Not to mention you probably get some truck stop stuff.

espurs. thanks for pointing out that it is scary to play on the BLUE. Now you know why it is so difficult to schedule our ooc games. Hey tell UT to schedule a home and home series, it could be called "The Fiesta Bowl that never was." And I don't mean to throw salt in the wound, but a win over BSU would've probably had you ranked higher than OU.

bjvb15

Well UT doesn't really backout that much when it comes to scheduling games. They just did Ohio State. Doing Arkansas (again) and they got UCLA in a few years. Gotta remember these games are scheduled years before.

bjvb15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 bjvb15
[QUOTE="bjvb15"]

Espurs117

Well UT doesn't really backout that much when it comes to scheduling games. They just did Ohio State. Doing Arkansas (again) and they got UCLA in a few years. Gotta remember these games are scheduled years before.

I know everything is scheduled years in advance. I really don't like the system of scheduling years in advance. You might schedule a team that is good, but become really crappy when you finally play them. It's kinda like the stock market. UCLA might actually be good by the time you play them. Boise might start playing 2 BCS schools in a couple of years. The AD's new contract says he'll get a bonus if he schedules more than 1 BCS team.