SloganYams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 SloganYams
Member since 2010 • 981 Posts

Before I get started I just want to say if this thread doesn't meet the criteria of these boards just let me know and you can lock it or whatever. I'm not trying to flood your board with unnecessary nonsense or anything.

Anyway, a few years back I did a survey across the internet (mostly GameSpot) asking people their top 10 favorite video games of all time. The most popular games from said survey were compiled into a list of "Greatest Video Games of All Time" which I posted on my own site.

And now, for the past few months, I've been doing that again! A "second edition" if you will. Though this time I'm trying to avoid merely copying and pasting the same message to everyone I see on GS, so I'm hoping I'm not intruding on anyone by continuing my endeavor on some union boards.

If you want to help out and partake in my venture, all you have to do is let me know your top 10 favorite video games of all time. That's it! You don't even have to number your list (but if you want to feel free to). Once I feel I've received enough feedback, I'll compile another list of "Greatest Video Games of All Time" on my site with the results (and if anyone wants I'll happily link the finished list here).

I suppose there are a few guidelines I should point out right quick.

- Be specific. Don't just list "Mario games" or "Zelda games."  Listing multiple entries from the same series is fine, just be specific as to which ones are your favorites.

- Listing a remake counts towards the game as a whole. So Ocarina of Time 3D on 3DS counts as Ocarina of Time on N64, Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes on GameCube counts as Metal Gear Solid on Playstation, ect.

- Listing a compilation release, such as Super Mario All-Stars or The Orange Box, will count towards every game within the compilation, not the compilation itself.

- Games with multiple versions (like a Pokemon title) count as one game. So listing Pokemon Red would count as Red, Blue, and Yellow versions as a whole.

And that's all folks! Again, my apologies if this doesn't belong here. But I thank you all for your time, and happy gaming! 

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 138

#2 kbaily
Member since 2007 • 13042 Posts

Man that's like asking a parent which child they love more. I get asked that a lot and for a long time I keep saying I want to make a top ten favorite blog but man it's tough so here's some of my personal favorites...this week...at least...so far...

No particular order. That's too hard. Trying to stick to one per series to avoid too many Marios and Zeldas here.

Super Mario World

Okami

Tetris

Banjo Kazooie

World of Warcraft

Zelda: Wind Waker

Sonic 3 + Knuckles (most count these 2 together as one game)

Ratchet and Clank: Future Tools of Destruction

Smash Bros. Brawl

Jak and Daxter

Super Mario RPG

SloganYams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SloganYams

Man that's like asking a parent which child they love more. I get asked that a lot and for a long time I keep saying I want to make a top ten favorite blog but man it's tough so here's some of my personal favorites...this week...at least...so far...

No particular order. That's too hard. Trying to stick to one per series to avoid too many Marios and Zeldas here.

Super Mario World

Okami

Tetris

Banjo Kazooie

World of Warcraft

Zelda: Wind Waker

Sonic 3 + Knuckles (most count these 2 together as one game)

Ratchet and Clank: Future Tools of Destruction

Smash Bros. Brawl

Jak and Daxter

Super Mario RPG

kbaily

I know how you feel. I can never seem to iron out my top 10, and Mario and Zelda seem to be the primary reasons why. Some are more etched in stone (Mario World, Mario RPG, DKC2), but every time I try I get to the point where I'm saying "but I can't forget this game" and "but I can't leave out that game."

Nice list by the way! And yes, most people seem to lump Sonic 3 and Knuckles together (probably because they were planned as one game originally). In fact, so far they have both exactly the same amount of votes on my survey! There were only a couple of occasions where someone would only list one, but then someone else would list the other, balancing them out again. Perhaps I should just lump them together for my survey? 

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#4 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
Final Fantasy X Mass Effect 1 Mass Effect 2 Mass Effect 3 Battlefront 2 Star Wars: The Old Republic Battlefield 1942 Pokemon Gold Forza 4 Dragon Age: Origins
SloganYams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SloganYams

Final Fantasy X Mass Effect 1 Mass Effect 2 Mass Effect 3 Battlefront 2 Star Wars: The Old Republic Battlefield 1942 Pokemon Gold Forza 4 Dragon Age: OriginsThe_Last_Ride

Awesome, thanks! 

game-ster23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 game-ster23
Member since 2009 • 17328 Posts
Super Mario 64
Star Fox 64
Pokemon Yellow Version
Pokemon White Version
Uncharted 2 Among Thieves
InFamous
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Luigi's Mansion
Mortal Kombat (Reboot)
Tetris Axis
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#7 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]Final Fantasy X Mass Effect 1 Mass Effect 2 Mass Effect 3 Battlefront 2 Star Wars: The Old Republic Battlefield 1942 Pokemon Gold Forza 4 Dragon Age: OriginsSloganYams

Awesome, thanks! 

you are very welcome
SloganYams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SloganYams

Super Mario 64
Star Fox 64
Pokemon Yellow Version
Pokemon White Version
Uncharted 2 Among Thieves
InFamous
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Luigi's Mansion
Mortal Kombat (Reboot)
Tetris Axis
game-ster23

Thank you very much! 

JBL_Fan7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 JBL_Fan7
Member since 2011 • 477 Posts

Just ten? Ah... I'll give it a try.

Resident Evil 4

GoldenEye 007

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Super Mario 64

Sonic the Hedgehog

Super Smash Bros. Melee

Super Mario Galaxy

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Yoshi's Island DS

Madden NFL 05

SloganYams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SloganYams

Just ten? Ah... I'll give it a try.

Resident Evil 4

GoldenEye 007

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Super Mario 64

Sonic the Hedgehog

Super Smash Bros. Melee

Super Mario Galaxy

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Yoshi's Island DS

Madden NFL 05

JBL_Fan7

Cool, thanks! Also, I too am a fan of THE WRESTLING GOD! 

game-ster23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 game-ster23
Member since 2009 • 17328 Posts
Sonic the HedgehogJBL_Fan7
The original right? :P
JBL_Fan7

Forum Posts