Giratina98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 Giratina98
Member since 2009 • 10751 Posts

Nintendo reveals sequel in development for latest portable; no release date given.

A new Yoshi's Island game for 3DS is in development.

Nintendo announced the news today during a Nintendo Direct video presentation, showing off a short trailer for the game with baby Mario riding Yoshi through a series of colorful levels.

Yoshi's Island for 3DS will be the first new entry in the series since 2006's Yoshi's Island for DS. No release date for the new game was given, as Nintendo said it would share more information about the title at a later date.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/new-yoshis-island-for-3ds-outed-6407106?tag=Topslot;ZeldaLinkToThePastSequelOn3ds;NewYoshi039sIslandF

Yoshi-Island-3-Nintendo-Direct.jpg

SloganYams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 SloganYams
Member since 2010 • 981 Posts
I hope it lives up to the original, something Yoshi's Island DS couldn't hope to do. The original is one of the best games of all time, let's hope this is half as great.
JBL_Fan7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 JBL_Fan7
Member since 2011 • 477 Posts
The graphics look pretty good! I hope it turns out to be good.
Giratina98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Giratina98

I hope it lives up to the original, something Yoshi's Island DS couldn't hope to do. The original is one of the best games of all time, let's hope this is half as great.SloganYams

i agree :D

The graphics look pretty good! I hope it turns out to be good.JBL_Fan7

yeah :)

game-ster23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 game-ster23
Member since 2009 • 17328 Posts

I was kind of wishing this would be a 3D platformer..

GamerofMario1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#7 GamerofMario1
Member since 2008 • 12972 Posts
It looks pretty strange, to be honest. I'm sure it will be a great platformer, but will it even reach DS's standards?
Giratina98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Giratina98

It looks pretty strange, to be honest. I'm sure it will be a great platformer, but will it even reach DS's standards?GamerofMario1

i dont know but nintendo has a been doing great with 1st party games for the 3ds :o

GamerofMario1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GamerofMario1

[QUOTE="GamerofMario1"]It looks pretty strange, to be honest. I'm sure it will be a great platformer, but will it even reach DS's standards?Giratina98

i dont know but nintendo has a been doing great with 1st party games for the 3ds :o

Yeah, they have. Do we know if Nintendo themselves are making this one? I know that Artoon made the DS one.

SloganYams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SloganYams
[QUOTE="Giratina98"]

[QUOTE="GamerofMario1"]It looks pretty strange, to be honest. I'm sure it will be a great platformer, but will it even reach DS's standards?GamerofMario1

Yeah, they have. Do we know if Nintendo themselves are making this one? I know that Artoon made the DS one.

Let's hope Nintendo is behind it... 

Giratina98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Giratina98
[QUOTE="Giratina98"]

[QUOTE="GamerofMario1"]It looks pretty strange, to be honest. I'm sure it will be a great platformer, but will it even reach DS's standards?GamerofMario1

:? o, i am not sure

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 138

#12 kbaily
Member since 2007 • 13042 Posts

Am I the only one who didn't totally hate Yoshi's Island DS? I mean the only minor complaint I had was the gap in the center cutting off part of the screen but the addition of Peach, DK, Wario and Bowser to ride on Yoshi brought something new to the table.

Though I wonder what this new Yoshi game will do to my theory on the "Mario timeline?"

SloganYams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SloganYams

Am I the only one who didn't totally hate Yoshi's Island DS? I mean the only minor complaint I had was the gap in the center cutting off part of the screen but the addition of Peach, DK, Wario and Bowser to ride on Yoshi brought something new to the table.

Though I wonder what this new Yoshi game will do to my theory on the "Mario timeline?"

kbaily

There is no official "timeline." The main games in the series just supposedly go one after another, save for Yoshi's Island which is indeed a prequel. I think most of the RPGs and New Super Mario Bros. games (ect.) would be considered non-canonical, not that there's much canon there anyway, but still.

And I didn't hate Yoshi's Island DS, but to call it a shade of the original is a great understatement. 

GamerofMario1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GamerofMario1

kbaily

I liked Yoshi's Island DS a lot. It is one of my favorite DS games, even though I still haven't 100%-ed it.Â