Ver_Tin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Ver_Tin
Member since 2009 • 168 Posts

Just because Nintendo introduced the Super Guide for New Super Mario Bros. Wii doesn't mean we should expect it in every new Nintendo game. Speaking with the Official Nintendo Magazine in the UK, designer Shigeru Miyamoto said he hasn't decided whether Super Guide, which allows players to let an A.I. take control of the on-screen action to pass difficult portions, should be in Super Mario Galaxy 2.

"Well, as far as the challenge of Super Mario Galaxy 2 is concerned," he said, "I think it's going to be a really challenging game, but whether or not we are going to incorporate the Super Guide, I just cannot tell. In general, wherever and whenever appropriate, I think we will want to incorporate that kind of thing, but I cannot commit to anything specific right now."

If it's not a technical challenge, Nintendo would be wise to include the Super Guide feature in more of its games. Becoming selective with its inclusion mean frustrating consumers who become accustomed to the hand-holding help in New Super Mario Bros. Wii might naturally expect a similar feature in Super Mario Galaxy 2. No doubt Mario's second 3D adventure on the Wii will be more difficult than New Super Mario Bros. Wii, reinforcing why the Super Guide makes even more sense.

G4TV

I really don't think they should include it for Galaxy 2. it seems like something that would fit NSMBWii but not a game like Galaxy.

Thoughts?

game-ster23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 game-ster23
Member since 2009 • 17328 Posts

I really don't think they should include it for Galaxy 2. it seems like something that would fit NSMBWii but not a game like Galaxy.

Ver_Tin

I agree with this.

virus1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 virus1000
Member since 2009 • 10187 Posts

I dont know...

I thought that Galaxy was pretty hard and if this even harder... I guess I will suck so it would be pretty cool if there would be Super Guide :P

dapman418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#4 dapman418
Member since 2009 • 14899 Posts
[QUOTE="Ver_Tin"]

game-ster23

I agree with this.

Me too. No Super Guide in this one Miyamoto!!! :x

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#5 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

Super Guide just appeared for the first time on my game, and if it's going to be the same annoying doorbell thingy to alert me that the block is there, I'd rather not have it in SMG2.  I never use it anyway.   The beauty of Mario games is to figure out on your own how to beat a level.  If someone uses Super Guide, where's the fun in that?  I haven't even unlocked any of the hint movies.

Ver_Tin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ver_Tin
Eh, I can see pros and cons with each. Yeah, the super guide might feel like cheating, but if a part is really hard, people usually look up walkthroughs or have a friend help them anyway. But then again, the super guide will always be there, and it makes me think that perhaps because it is so easy to access, it may make players want to just use that without even trying to play the game for real.

Unless I have no understanding of how the super guide works. Is there like a maximum amount of times you can use it or something? That would probably be best.
tom95b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 tom95b
Member since 2008 • 4999 Posts

Super Guide just appeared for the first time on my game, and if it's going to be the same annoying doorbell thingy to alert me that the block is there, I'd rather not have it in SMG2. I never use it anyway. The beauty of Mario games is to figure out on your own how to beat a level. If someone uses Super Guide, where's the fun in that? I haven't even unlocked any of the hint movies.

JustPlainLucas

Lol yeah the doorbell alert was iritating.

Ver_Tin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ver_Tin
If this game really is going to be hard, something like this would be pretty useful. I really think they should put it in. If it's not in, I'll just check some online walkthroughs if I need any help.
megamario9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#9 megamario9
Member since 2009 • 6978 Posts

it shouldn't because there will be many puzzles in it like the first one, so it would just give you the answer all the time. Besides, the first one didn't have it, so if you only have it in the sequel, thats udder BOSH@#!!!!Â