ktulu007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#3 ktulu007
Member since 2004 • 41725 Posts

I'd have to go with Yoshi, or possibly Geno. 

game-ster23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 game-ster23
Member since 2009 • 17328 Posts

Big fan of Toad for some reason.

SloganYams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 SloganYams
Member since 2010 • 981 Posts

I can never seem to give a short responce with these kinds of things so my apologies ahead of time if I rant a little.

There are a few top contenders, but in the end I have to go with Bowser. He was originally simply the "boss character" but has evolved greatly as a character. He can be a genuine threat (Mario Galaxy) but then prove to be the series best source of comedy (the RPGs).  He's obsessed with world domination, but is still a caring father. His never-ending quest to defeat Mario has grown into something of his way to prove his worth to himself and the universe. Nintendo plays on his role as antagonist in such subtle but effective ways. It's easy to just say "Bowser's the bad guy again" but Nintendo has found away to turn what would otherwise be a cliche into character development, it's just a shame more people don't see the complexity that Bowser has become.

The close runners-up for me are Mario himself (because he's Mario), Luigi (for similar reasons to Bowser, but to a lesser extent), Wario (he makes me laugh), Rosalina (a tragic Mario character? Cool), Geno (he's like Gandalf and Buzz Lightyear in one) and Fawful (because he's the mustard of your doom).

I guess I also could have listed DK, Yoshi, Peach and Kamek, but then I'm not really narrowing it am I? Ooh, but I should give Diddy Kong a mention if he counts, because DKC2 is one of my favorite games, and also, duh, monkey with a boom box! 

JBL_Fan7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 JBL_Fan7
Member since 2011 • 477 Posts

I can never seem to give a short responce with these kinds of things so my apologies ahead of time if I rant a little.

There are a few top contenders, but in the end I have to go with Bowser. He was originally simply the "boss character" but has evolved greatly as a character. He can be a genuine threat (Mario Galaxy) but then prove to be the series best source of comedy (the RPGs).  He's obsessed with world domination, but is still a caring father. His never-ending quest to defeat Mario has grown into something of his way to prove his worth to himself and the universe. Nintendo plays on his role as antagonist in such subtle but effective ways. It's easy to just say "Bowser's the bad guy again" but Nintendo has found away to turn what would otherwise be a cliche into character development, it's just a shame more people don't see the complexity that Bowser has become.

The close runners-up for me are Mario himself (because he's Mario), Luigi (for similar reasons to Bowser, but to a lesser extent), Wario (he makes me laugh), Rosalina (a tragic Mario character? Cool), Geno (he's like Gandalf and Buzz Lightyear in one) and Fawful (because he's the mustard of your doom).

I guess I also could have listed DK, Yoshi, Peach and Kamek, but then I'm not really narrowing it am I? Ooh, but I should give Diddy Kong a mention if he counts, because DKC2 is one of my favorite games, and also, duh, monkey with a boom box! 

SloganYams

Your paragraph about Bowser explains why I like him so much. :D

game-ster23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 game-ster23
Geno (he's like Gandalf and Buzz Lightyear in one)SloganYams
Now I need to play Super Mario RPG.. :P
kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 138

#8 kbaily
Member since 2007 • 13042 Posts

Yoshi Yoshi Yoshi Yoshi!

Lost_M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 Lost_M
Member since 2010 • 1280 Posts
I would say Mario is my favorite. Just a timeless character that embodies what video games are all about.
GamerofMario1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#10 GamerofMario1
Member since 2008 • 12972 Posts
I do not have a favorite. I equally like most of the characters, but Toad and Luigi are my favorites.
game-ster23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 game-ster23
I would say Mario is my favorite. Just a timeless character that embodies what video games are all about.Lost_M
Nicely put.
Mugzippit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 Mugzippit
Member since 2010 • 62 Posts

I'm not sure I have a distinct favourite but I'm going to go for Kamek. Hes the smart powerful magikoopa that has shown real loyalty to Bowser. despite Bowser's idiocy!) throughout Mario's history. While he will mock Mario from time to time he does show respect for him and is never afraid to back down from fighting nor of actually dying as he did in sticker star (my favourite battle in that entire game as its the only boss fight that isn't against baby Bowser or against a boss with 300+ life and a specific weak point).

I loved how he's an enemy in Super Mario RPG, since hes being brainwashed, but upon being defeated will immediately apologie for attacking Mario, Bowser and co and proceed to give Mario a source of infinite coins.

Kammy Koopa (his Paper Mario equivalent) was also an amusing addition although personality-wise Kamek was better. 

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 172

#13 TAMKFan
Member since 2004 • 33350 Posts

Peach, Rosalina and Yoshi

4EverGreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 590

#14 4EverGreen
Member since 2006 • 244 Posts
Princess Peach, she's had a lot of character development over the years. Initially, she was just a damsel in distress ("Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World, Super Mario 64"), she then became a supporting character able to hold her own ("Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Mario Kart, Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, Mario Kart 64, Mario Party, Mario Party 2, Paper Mario, Mario Party 3, Super Mario Advance, Mario Kart Super Circuit, Mario Party 4, Mario Kart Double Dash, Mario Party 5, Mario Kart DS"), and finally into a strong-willed, semi-independent woman who takes charge of her own destiny ("Super Smash Bros. Melee, Super Mario Sunshine, Yoshi's Island DS, Super Princess Peach.") It is for that reason that Princess Peach (literally!) rules! 8) Enough said! ;)
game-ster23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 game-ster23
Princess Peach 4EverGreen
I'm starting to use her in Brawl.