Shotfire20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 Shotfire20
Member since 2005 • 1745 Posts
I was just wondering this because i am getting my wii with TP for christmas. and i have played through OOT 3 times. and i really liked the game. but It wasn't my favorite game of all time. and im really into this new theme. the dark, twilight sutff. I love games like that.And i also like good storylines. I liked the OOT storyline but i thought it could of been in more depth. so which one did you like the best and using the info if my taste i just gave you here which one should I like better?
Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#2 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts
OOT is better, TP doesn't even top WW IMO
SuperSonic223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 SuperSonic223
Member since 2004 • 236 Posts
OOT is an all-time classic. I think the TP storyline was good (even though there still isn't any voices), the cinematics were definetly better. TP expands a lot on old Zelda concepts and made them better, it truly stands out as OOT spiritual sequel. I felt like the TP bosses didn't really get hard until the last few dungeons, that was the only thing that dissappointed me. TP may not be revolutionary, but it's still amazing.
cars01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#4 cars01
Member since 2005 • 2737 Posts
the reason i picked zelda:Oot is because i havent played TP yet i am getting it for christmas
Avatar image for leadstodarkness
leadstodarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 leadstodarkness
Member since 2006 • 27 Posts
TP is an amazing game but I admit it needed a little more on the presentation side to make it as good as Ocarina. . .. otherwise best game of the year.:!:
titledlive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 titledlive
Member since 2004 • 169 Posts
If your comparing the two directly, TP is better. However I think OoT brought much more to video games. To me TP is a remake of OoT, so it perfects all of what OoT brings to the table with a new story and better graphics.
obi_rau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 obi_rau
Member since 2005 • 5237 Posts
OoT, cuz without it TP wouldn't have ever existed
DarkLord500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#8 DarkLord500
Member since 2006 • 532 Posts
I never though i'd say this, but you use to MANY full stops. Atleast you don't l33tspeak, Anyways, havnt played TP yet, also getting it for christmas but we can't really tell you "which one you should like better" because you have your own opinions, and I know nothing about you. Maybe you should ask which one WE liked better?
bladeswinger77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 bladeswinger77
Member since 2005 • 98 Posts
having TP, i have to say it kicks some serious a**. i really like it, and i also liked Oot.
both are good, and the storys are both good also. if you have played Oot 3 times through, and are a long term
fan, i think that you would like TP just as much.
skullflower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 skullflower
Member since 2004 • 1789 Posts

i'll post my answer sometime next week - as i should be getting the Cube version of TP tomorrow!

seeing as OoT is my all time favourite game, it'll be hard to top.

MagicWyvern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MagicWyvern
Member since 2004 • 1338 Posts
At this point, OOT, no phucking madning things like the goat bull $hit!
MrSuicide_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MrSuicide_
Member since 2006 • 146 Posts
cant belive someone said both suck =/. But I like both so I chose that.
X_Facter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 X_Facter
Member since 2006 • 3158 Posts
TP

Q8iy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#14 Q8iy
Member since 2006 • 2285 Posts
Both of TwiLight Princess and Ocarina of time are amazing!
waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#15 waZelda
Member since 2006 • 2956 Posts
There is really no doubt that they are both amazing games, but it has to be said that TP was impressive. It manages to give us the three things we expect from a new Zelda-game: An amazing story, same old traditional weapons and new weapons and dungeons. The only reason I see why saying OoT, is that it is better rated from Gamespot, but come on, TP just rocks. It has all that OoT has and more. I even liked some of the bosses better than those from OoT. OoT was revolutionary and had a knockout on the earlier games the same way as TP does now.
Demon2545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#17 Demon2545
Member since 2005 • 61053 Posts

I haven't played TP yet but i'm so sure that it can't beat OoT, its my all time favorite game and i doubt TP can beat it

sanderuli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 sanderuli
Member since 2006 • 36 Posts
TP>OoT in my opinion.
skullflower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 skullflower
Member since 2004 • 1789 Posts

Twilight Princess is the better game.  It takes everything OoT did and just adds more and makes it better.  It takes the best aspects of the last few Zelda games and turns them into the perfect package.  You get the great epic story and great dungeons like in OoT, like in MM Link gains new forms or skills that allow him to do more than just normal Link can do, it has the fast fluid combat of WW.   The dungeons are the best in the series, the story is the best in the series, the overworld is the best in the series, its the total package.dvader654

that sums up Twilight Princess brilliantly. great game!

renagadez187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#20 renagadez187
Member since 2005 • 2088 Posts
When I first got Twilight Princess I didn't really think that it could possibly be better than Ocarina of Time. But in the first hour of playing Twilight, I was convinced that Twilight is better than Ocarina. The main difference that I see is Ocarina was more revolutionary than Twilight.
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 metroid_dragon
Member since 2003 • 1964 Posts
I am going to say Ocarina, and here is why:

First off, the difficulty. I found TP waay too easy. Before the 6th dungeon, I had only ever used a single fairy after legitimately dying, and that was only because I kept accidentally falling in the Lava when I only had 4 hearts (Lava takes off 2 hearts). In Ocarina, I would use at least a fairy on each boss, sometimes the boss would actually kill me. I had even occasionally had to use fairies just in normal combat with enemies in Ocarina. Not in TP. It's gotten to the point where I'm thinking of replaying the game and avoiding all the heart containers you get from bosses, only using pieces of hearts to increase my limit.

Next off, the cast: Don't get me wrong, I love the cast of TP, but I still feel more attached to the cast of Ocarina after playing both games. The vast Majority of NPC's in TP are just not unique enough. There are a number of people in the cast that I really liked (Midna is awesome, Llia is great) but the majority I never really felt attached to.

The dungeons: With the exception of the Ice mansion (That was one of the most original dungeons ever) I found most of the TP dungeons to be not as interesting at Ocarina's.

I also found the majority of the music in Ocarina more memorable, and I liked to overworld more as well.Now, I know I've just been sitting here ragging on Twilight Princess, but I'm really not trying to, I love the game dearly and found it the most enjoyable game I've played in literal years. But it hard to stand up to a revolutionary game like Ocarina on the same formula.
SkateGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#22 SkateGame
Member since 2005 • 893 Posts
I think both are really great games. TP is more combat focused with more fluid  character control and sword fighitng. OoT was much more focused on dungeons and the puzzles. TP pretty much has everything that OoT had without being frustrating or making you feel like the dungeon had no sense of direction. Overall, I like TP more but OoT will always be a classic since of all that it started.
linkzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23 linkzero
Member since 2003 • 22150 Posts
I love both games. But as amazing as TP is, it doesn't quite top the impact OoT made at the time.
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

I am going to say Ocarina, and here is why:

First off, the difficulty. I found TP waay too easy. Before the 6th dungeon, I had only ever used a single fairy after legitimately dying, and that was only because I kept accidentally falling in the Lava when I only had 4 hearts (Lava takes off 2 hearts). In Ocarina, I would use at least a fairy on each boss, sometimes the boss would actually kill me. I had even occasionally had to use fairies just in normal combat with enemies in Ocarina. Not in TP. It's gotten to the point where I'm thinking of replaying the game and avoiding all the heart containers you get from bosses, only using pieces of hearts to increase my limit.

Next off, the cast: Don't get me wrong, I love the cast of TP, but I still feel more attached to the cast of Ocarina after playing both games. The vast Majority of NPC's in TP are just not unique enough. There are a number of people in the cast that I really liked (Midna is awesome, Llia is great) but the majority I never really felt attached to.

The dungeons: With the exception of the Ice mansion (That was one of the most original dungeons ever) I found most of the TP dungeons to be not as interesting at Ocarina's.

I also found the majority of the music in Ocarina more memorable, and I liked to overworld more as well.Now, I know I've just been sitting here ragging on Twilight Princess, but I'm really not trying to, I love the game dearly and found it the most enjoyable game I've played in literal years. But it hard to stand up to a revolutionary game like Ocarina on the same formula.
metroid_dragon

totally on your side! good points:)

glennwinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#25 glennwinton
Member since 2006 • 15480 Posts
Alright, Who the **** said they both suck!!!!!! come out and say it and maybe ill give you a little less of a pounding!!!!!!!!
johnny139

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 johnny139
Member since 2005 • 4036 Posts

OoT is better though I personally think it goes like this:

ALttP > OoT = WW > TP > MM

That's what I think.

mad80boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mad80boy
Member since 2006 • 96 Posts
I really like them both but i like OoT just abit better.
lordsettra12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 lordsettra12
Member since 2005 • 4213 Posts
OoT by far
Avatar image for supermetroidfan
supermetroidfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 supermetroidfan
Member since 2004 • 19767 Posts
I only just got done with Goron Mines but I'll go with TP. It's been all around better experience than OoT so far. Especially the horse combat part. That was a totaly awesome moment. I guess for some people, nostalgia is a big factor, or if you consider than for the affect they had when released. OoT was revolutionary, TP isn't..
masterlinkx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30 masterlinkx1
Member since 2007 • 141 Posts
Both were great games but hands down TP wins:shock:. But i'm disapionted you can't play any instroments (except for howling and those plants that you don't even control!)
masterlinkx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#31 masterlinkx1
Member since 2007 • 141 Posts
I've own both games but have not beaten them yet so i'm not shure:(!
TeknoBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TeknoBlade
Member since 2004 • 158 Posts
Both are amazingly good, but I voted for OOT because Twilight Princess made me wait 29132931 years !_! =(
Shadow7871

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 Shadow7871
Member since 2006 • 138 Posts

Hmm both are good I can't see why people are voting on two games of the same series this is Zelda their BOTH good