WindWakerHD for the WiiU! Does this make you want a WiiU?

JukedSolid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 JukedSolid
Member since 2006 • 991 Posts
A remake of The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker has been poised to release for the WiiU in 1080p HD graphics.  People are saying that this is one of the lesser titles to need a remake, but many have also said that they would definitely buy this considering they have already sold their old gamecube copies.  What do you think? Buy a WiiU, or wait until Nintendo has finally released the newest Zelda game?  I personally say wait, but I still have my copy and I've played it through about three times already.
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 metroid_dragon
Member since 2003 • 1964 Posts
Wind Waker was amazing, but I played it recently enough that this remake won't be the deciding factor in me purchasing a WiiU. Now a Majora's Mask remake on the other hand...

I assume that everyone saw the Majoras Mask fan trailer made for E3 this year? It's not real, sadly, but nevertheless is REALLY awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyazYYev7Nw
JukedSolid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 JukedSolid
Oh, I remember getting chills the first time I saw that! ...immediately followed by crushing despair.
hpg101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 hpg101
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I have a Wii U and I believe that if Nintendo does it right, the new Wind Waker will definitely be worth buying a new console.
waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#5 waZelda
Member since 2006 • 2956 Posts

I got my WiiU on lauch date and so far I think more than half the time I've spent with it is using netflix.

I still have my old copy of WW though, and graphics aren't that important to me. Even if they remade MM I probably wouldn't get it unless they added a "Master Quest" mode (and hopefully not a mirrored one like the one in OoT 3D). Also, I'd like to see an MM version where you could speed up time in addition to slowing it down and skipping ahead. Whenever I start a new playthrough of Majora's Mask it annoys me that I have to wait so long for the clock tower to open.

JukedSolid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 JukedSolid
I'm still on the fence about the WiiU.  I really only bought the Wii so I could play skyward sword, and that was at the end of its lifetime.  I honestly wouldn't be very surprised if I did the same thing again.  Nintendo is going to have to throw me a bigger bone if they want me to buy full price.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#7 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41532 Posts

Wind Waker was amazing, but I played it recently enough that this remake won't be the deciding factor in me purchasing a WiiU. Now a Majora's Mask remake on the other hand...

I assume that everyone saw the Majoras Mask fan trailer made for E3 this year? It's not real, sadly, but nevertheless is REALLY awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyazYYev7Nwmetroid_dragon
That would probably released for 3DS more likely.

JukedSolid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 JukedSolid

You know, when I watch that video again, I want them to make a game with that quality soooo badly.  Just watching the trailer feels like a whole new game altogether.  *sigh*

waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 waZelda

Am I the only one who thinks the graphics are a little lacking in that video. Don't get me wrong, the resolution is awesome, but the character models just look weird and creepy (well, the mask salesman should be looking a bit creepy, but Deku Link should not).

Anyway, I'd prefer a spiritual successor to Majora's Mask over a rerelease with updated graphics. To me graphics are less important than gameplay and music and I'd be more likely to by an MM remake with a completely new soundtrack than one with just updated graphics. 

JukedSolid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JukedSolid

creepy? not that much...I suppose they made the dekuLink a little more plantlike with the way it moves.  Is that what you're getting at?  There's just not enough to go on with that video to truly get a good feel about what a remastered version would be like.  Get a shot of what Ikana Canyon or the great bay looks like and that would get the fans going.  

Here's a weird question for you.  What if Nintendo outsourced LoZ to another developer?  It could be a spinoff even.  This is completely assuming that the third party developer would stay in character with the series and not do anything too drastic, just use fresh talent for the series.  Would it work?  It would mean more games more often that Nintendo alone can't really handle.

waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 waZelda
It depends a lot on the company the way I see it. Retro has a really good track record with Nintendo titles and I wouldn't mind seeing what their take on Zelda would be like. I don't know who else I'd trust with it. Maybe Ubisoft could do a good job.
JukedSolid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JukedSolid
I like the ubisoft angle. they can do relatively light hearted while still keeping it serious. Like in "Beyond Good and Evil" if any of you have played that particular cult hit. I just finished playing Dishonored and this got me thinking of Bethesda and an LoZ game and my mind melted haha The context was somewhere between "WTF did I just get myself into" and "Good....Lord!"
waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 waZelda
Bethesda making a Zelda game would be extremely interesting, but along with Valve they are in my pile of really good companies that I don't think would have any interest in creating a game in someone elses franchise. They are already really successful with their own stuff and unlike Ubisoft with the Rayman games have never taken on old franchises. It is a nice thought though. Bethesda's Hyrule would be amazing.
JukedSolid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JukedSolid
Absolutely. Just the scenery would boggle the mind. I imagine the new Zelda for WiiU will have spectacular scenery as is considering this will definitely want to flaunt LoZ in HD for the first time. Do you think it will be more exploration minded or combat? I can't imagine it having the same combat style as skyward sword for one.