Link-from-Hell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Link-from-Hell
Member since 2004 • 1343 Posts

As the name of the topic suggest what happened to this guy, is he even a character because I can't remember him.
Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#2 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts
Well, those were very early screens so chances are he got edited out
linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 linkyshinks
Member since 2006 • 1332 Posts
Yep there is a whole topic dedicated to this sort of thing- the many things from early demos that did not make it into the final cut. ( but may make into the next game in some similar form perhaps?). LS:wink:
Happy_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Happy_Cloud
Member since 2006 • 4895 Posts
You know, he really doesn't look dissimilar to the statues outside the Temple of Time.
Link-from-Hell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Link-from-Hell
You know, he really doesn't look dissimilar to the statues outside the Temple of Time.
Happy_Cloud
See that was what I was thinking, but like some said these were early demo pics.
Oni_Ryu67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Oni_Ryu67
Member since 2006 • 342 Posts

Yeah, some stuff got cut out....

I think in the first trailer they showed a whole deep forest area you could explore, but didnt make it. Hopefully they take the ideas that were cut and put it on the next zelda.

Link-from-Hell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Link-from-Hell

Yeah, some stuff got cut out....

I think in the first trailer they showed a whole deep forest area you could explore, but didnt make it. Hopefully they take the ideas that were cut and put it on the next zelda.

Oni_Ryu67
I don't know why they didn't keep that idea, it would of been much better if Faron Woods was made like that, as opposed to the way the design in the final version.
Happy_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Happy_Cloud
[QUOTE="Happy_Cloud"]You know, he really doesn't look dissimilar to the statues outside the Temple of Time.
Link-from-Hell
See that was what I was thinking, but like some said these were early demo pics.

Yes, but perhaps this "giant" or whatever you want to call it eventually became those statues, after that pic was taken. It looks so similar to me, that I'd say it's an early model of those statues.
GamerGirlPwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GamerGirlPwnz
Member since 2006 • 4501 Posts
[QUOTE="Link-from-Hell"][QUOTE="Happy_Cloud"]You know, he really doesn't look dissimilar to the statues outside the Temple of Time.
Happy_Cloud

Yes, but perhaps this "giant" or whatever you want to call it eventually became those statues, after that pic was taken. It looks so similar to me, that I'd say it's an early model of those statues.

I think so as well [spoiler] Or, maybe it has something to do with the Temple of Time dungoen, where you have to move around all those old statues. But I have never seen anything like this, so its probably cut out. [/spoiler]
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 metroid_dragon
Member since 2003 • 1964 Posts
[QUOTE="Happy_Cloud"][QUOTE="Link-from-Hell"][QUOTE="Happy_Cloud"]You know, he really doesn't look dissimilar to the statues outside the Temple of Time.
GamerGirlPwnz

[spoiler] Or, maybe it has something to do with the Temple of Time dungoen, where you have to move around all those old statues. But I have never seen anything like this, so its probably cut out. [/spoiler]

addressing the spoiler: Those are pretty much the same thing. Anyways, it was most definantly edited out, it looks like the actual lost woods section of the forest as well and I really doubt there are any secrets hidden away in there.
Link-from-Hell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Link-from-Hell
[QUOTE="GamerGirlPwnz"][QUOTE="Happy_Cloud"][QUOTE="Link-from-Hell"][QUOTE="Happy_Cloud"]You know, he really doesn't look dissimilar to the statues outside the Temple of Time.
metroid_dragon

[spoiler] Or, maybe it has something to do with the Temple of Time dungoen, where you have to move around all those old statues. But I have never seen anything like this, so its probably cut out. [/spoiler]

addressing the spoiler: Those are pretty much the same thing. Anyways, it was most definantly edited out, it looks like the actual lost woods section of the forest as well and I really doubt there are any secrets hidden away in there.

Yeah it looks like the sacred medows section of the game, so maybe instead on that skull kid, that was going to lead you to the master sword/temple of time.
peterj_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 peterj_123
Member since 2006 • 55 Posts

i think it is a statue....

Happy_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Happy_Cloud
[QUOTE="metroid_dragon"][QUOTE="GamerGirlPwnz"][QUOTE="Happy_Cloud"][QUOTE="Link-from-Hell"][QUOTE="Happy_Cloud"]You know, he really doesn't look dissimilar to the statues outside the Temple of Time.
Link-from-Hell

Yeah it looks like the sacred medows section of the game, so maybe instead on that skull kid, that was going to lead you to the master sword/temple of time.

I hated that part. :x
GamerGirlPwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GamerGirlPwnz
Member since 2006 • 4501 Posts
Yeah, and since you had to beat the kid twice, and go through that whole forest again...it was agravaiting...but its a game for a reason, and since its Zelda everyone wants a challenge.
LordAbyssion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LordAbyssion
Member since 2005 • 11247 Posts
that was supposed to be a cameo of Doshin the Giant....... but it seems to have been cut out:(
mjwyoshi64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 mjwyoshi64
Member since 2002 • 319 Posts
[QUOTE="Link-from-Hell"][QUOTE="metroid_dragon"][QUOTE="GamerGirlPwnz"][QUOTE="Happy_Cloud"][QUOTE="Link-from-Hell"][QUOTE="Happy_Cloud"]You know, he really doesn't look dissimilar to the statues outside the Temple of Time.
Happy_Cloud

I really enjoyed that part. It was completely trippy and you could get turned around so easily. By far the best "Lost Woods" section ever. As far as the statue. Yeah. What everyone else said.
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 metroid_dragon
Member since 2003 • 1964 Posts
[QUOTE="Happy_Cloud"][QUOTE="Link-from-Hell"][QUOTE="metroid_dragon"][QUOTE="GamerGirlPwnz"][QUOTE="Happy_Cloud"][QUOTE="Link-from-Hell"][QUOTE="Happy_Cloud"]You know, he really doesn't look dissimilar to the statues outside the Temple of Time.
mjwyoshi64

I really enjoyed that part. It was completely trippy and you could get turned around so easily. By far the best "Lost Woods" section ever. As far as the statue. Yeah. What everyone else said.

Honestly? Wow Although I thought they were very pretty and peaceful (especially the music) The chasing of the skull kid got old fast. I liked Link to the pasts Lost woods best Followed by Ocarina's. Followed by TP's. with Majora's Mask in dead last. It had such a half-assed lost woods. "Look at me, I'm following a turtle" whoop-de-freakin'-do.
that was supposed to be a cameo of Doshin the Giant....... but it seems to have been cut out:(LordAbyssion
I was actually thinking of that when I first saw the statues in the real game "My those look similiar to Doshin"
Happy_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Happy_Cloud
A cameo of Doshin the Giant? ..not sure about that one. :|

Avatar image for leadstodarkness
leadstodarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 leadstodarkness
Member since 2006 • 27 Posts
Yes this GUY never appeared in the game. . . same thing with really cool giant spider chase scene it was cut as well.
LordAbyssion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 LordAbyssion
Member since 2005 • 11247 Posts
A cameo of Doshin the Giant? ..not sure about that one. :|
Happy_Cloud
I don't know......... but that's what wikipedia said before the release.
Link-from-Hell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Link-from-Hell
[QUOTE="Happy_Cloud"]A cameo of Doshin the Giant? ..not sure about that one. :|
LordAbyssion
I don't know......... but that's what wikipedia said before the release.

Wikipedia says alot of things.
Avatar image for zeldafreak4life
zeldafreak4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22 zeldafreak4life
Member since 2006 • 677 Posts

No no nonononono....... I actually happen to know about that. That creature IS ( whoever said this was correct ) a Gaurdian statue from infront of the Temple of time. That screenshot was from a beta. If you havent noticed already, In earlier screens, Midna...........

d didnt  have a ponytial. Instead, it was almost a red and blue wave of enegry. Now, in the final version, she has a ponytail ( like a real hair one) Oh yeah i dont think it was doshin the giant.......