waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

User Lists: 0

#1 waZelda
Member since 2006 • 2956 Posts

Since I find timeline discussion interesting, I've always wanted to make my own time-line. Let me at first say that I know my timeline, like all others have strengths and weaknesses. I think it is impossible to make a flawless timeline, because it seems likely that Nintendo has changed their minds at least a couple of times along the way. That said, this timeline makes sense to me more than any others I have read. It is similar to many other timelines, but I haven't seen anyone make one exactly the same.

It is rather long. About five pages of TNR font size 12 in Microsoft Word. I copied it to a google docs document, and here is the link.

bones3417

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 bones3417
Member since 2008 • 704 Posts

i think oot is first

then MM, then

TP-----------------------------------------WW

Zelda wii(if its a direct sequel)-----------PH

ALttP---------------------------------------ST

LA------------------------------------------MC

LoZ-----------------------------------------FSA

Zelda 2-------------------------------------OoS/OoA

think what i think so far

Lonewolf349

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 Lonewolf349
Member since 2010 • 235 Posts
It would take too long for me to remember but its on wikipedia if you look up the series
waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 waZelda

It would take too long for me to remember but its on wikipedia if you look up the seriesLonewolf349

What is? The timeline?

No, the list of games on wikipedia is chronological in terms of release dates, but doesn't say anything about the timeline.

waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 waZelda

i think oot is first

then MM, then

bones3417

It would be interesting if you explained the order you've put up. Also, is Four Swords not on the list because you haven't played it or because you think it is just another version of ALttP?

bones3417

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bones3417
Member since 2008 • 704 Posts
[QUOTE="bones3417"]

i think oot is first

then MM, then

waZelda

It would be interesting if you explained the order you've put up. Also, is Four Swords not on the list because you haven't played it or because you think it is just another version of ALttP?

oh that counts, i thought it was just a bonus multiplayer deal in Lttp for GBA

radicalplace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 radicalplace
Member since 2005 • 2010 Posts

Let me pick this apart for you.

"Link starts off without a hat" - Not a valid reason. OoT shows the origin of his tunic with a hat"

Therefore this statement is contradictory. You cannot introduce a get-up twice. 

"Aonuma actually said they thought of that game as the oldest in the timeline. This was stated in 2004, which is a few years after Mijamoto stated that OoT was the earliest game in the timeline, but it was before MC was released, so so far no problem there."

Aonuma's involvement with FS was petty. This quote doesn't hold a lot of weight. 

"It seems more likely that FSA takes place after OoT."

You'd be suprised how many miss this, well done. 

"The reason the oracles could be possible, is that Twinrova is in it – and they die in OoT."

Only in the Adult Timeline, they are alive and well in the Child Timeline.

"Alternative Timeline (AT), while WW takes places in the Original timeline (OT)."

Other way around, WW created a new timeline, TP stuck to the old one with the classics.

"However, in TP Link isn't a child, leaving it more likely to be the Hero of Time that is in FSA"

OoT and TP Link are both seperate from FSA. Also it is far more likely FSA is after TP, where ganondorf dies wearing vengence. Only to be reincarnated in FSA and take the trident of power. 

"Anyways, after FSA, there is another split. Split between events that takes place in Hyrule and outside it."

Link being in different countries does not cause a split, this is completely invalid.

"Ocarina of Time is the first story, then the original Legend of Zelda, then Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, and finally A Link to the Past. It's not very clear where Link's Awakening fits in--it could be anytime after Ocarina of Time."

This quote is no longer valid. It was a mistranslation. 

"LZ takes place sometime after FSA, when the seal they put on Ganon has broken and he tries to take over Hyrule."

It makes miles more sense for AlttP comes after FSA.Ganon breaking the seal and beginning the imprisoning war.

"The part about the mark might be important. It seem the LoZ/AoL Link must be the first hero to get this mark"

What about OoT link and TP link who both have the mark before it?

"Qoute end. Now, one theory I like to use, is that the Imprissoning era started with Ocarina of Time, then lasted until after the oracles games. At some point the war ended and Ganondorf was finally getting executed."

This doesn't make any sense. Ganon was being revived in the oracles, why would this be part of the war? And the execution taking place post-oracles makes very little sense. Ganondorf's execution and the imprisoning war are two very different events.

"Here is that theory. The Ganon/Ganondorf we know from OoT did die in LoZ"

No, OoT Ganon died in TP. 

"Take a look at the map in TP, and notice that it has a lot of similarities with Ocarina of Time's map. If you start in the middle of the forest where you find the Master Sword then go clockwise"

"near Zora river you will find the dessert of the Gerudos"

Double geography fail. Also it is far more likely the imprisoning war took place after Twilight Princess. 

"The twili are in my theory the Gerudoes"

The Twili are remnant of the dark tribe or interlopers, not Gerudos. Also the Gerudos likely live north of Arbieter's Grounds in their approx OoT location. 

"When Midna transforms at the end, she kinda looks like one."

... Not really

"This is true, but can't they still be the Gerudos though?"

Not really, it doesn't fit their culture. 

"I mean, Ganondorf and Twinrova are clearly exercising a lot of dark magic"

Which other Gerudos despise. 

"The events of TP takes place a hundred years after the Imprissoning war in my theory. Zant, the next male Gerudo, is born and thus tries to conquer the normal world. However, stuck in the Twilight realm, he needs the help of his predecessor, the Ganondorf who was sealed away."

No Ganondorf is sealed in TP. Zant has no desire to conquer the world until after he meets Ganondorf. 

"When Ganondorf is defeated at the end of the game, it seems Zant has finally managed to break out, and it is he that in the end kills Ganondorf with telekinesis or something."

No, Zant didn't break out he died. Ganondorf was ment to revive Zant after the fight with Link but he didnt. When Ganondorf in on the brink of death in order for Zant to come back, Zant must first revive Ganondorf so then afterwards Ganondorf can revive him. But instead Zant chooses to let Ganondorf die. The neck gesture is purely symbolic.

"In the normal world, Zant still needs the help of a wizard to convert from his twilight form, and thus become the next Ganondorf, so there might be a gap from the events of TP to the events of ALttP. I believe the Ganon in ALttP is Zant, and that the wizard is one of his helpers."

This theory has no credibility. AlttP Ganon is far more likely to be FSA Ganon. 

"I think it is pretty obvious that ALttP must be the last game, since it says in the end that the Master Sword was put to rest forever."

The Mastersword isn't used in LoZ or AoL. Plus those two games are confirmed to take place after AlttP

In all your timeline doesn't hold much water, theres to much fanom with earthquake - imprisoning war ideas or these ideas you have about Zant. 

Avatar image for 231161448767488680421339412874

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 231161448767488680421339412874
Member since 2009 • 138 Posts
1. orcrina of time 2. majora's mask 3.a link to the past 4. link's awaking 5. wind waker 6. legend of zelda 7. adventure of link 8.twlight princess 9. wii 2 the end (so far)