erie_enigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 erie_enigma
Member since 2002 • 253 Posts
Oh, side note, was reading Nintendo Power, and it said (and showed) Link as a righty for the Wii version of the game to coincide with using the Wii-mote in the R hand (swinging the sword).  That's pretty neat, against most (but not all) of the Zelda games however.  Bear in mind that most of the Links (all but the orig LOZ and Zelda II TAoL) were different "links", so why couldn't they switch hands?  I wonder if you're a lefty and if you switch your wii-mote hands if it'll change in the game? (like an option in the menu to play left handed if you are left handed, doubt it, but it would be cool).  Does anyone know if the GC version is still lefty? (The pics from august of this year show him as a lefty in the GC version)
Avatar image for zeldafreak4life
zeldafreak4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 zeldafreak4life
Member since 2006 • 677 Posts
yeah thats old news........
twilight_link9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 twilight_link9
Member since 2006 • 1079 Posts

Link is right-handed on the Wii version, so most players can get used to the Wiimote and gameplay.

Link will be left-handed in the GC version.

Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 Gary_Jinfield
Member since 2005 • 6614 Posts

Link is right-handed on the Wii version, so most players can get used to the Wiimote and gameplay.

Link will be left-handed in the GC version.

twilight_link9

As a result, the entire Wii version is mirrored. At first, this may not seem like a problem since very few have played the game when Link was a lefty. Yet, considering the game map would normally correspond with the map from Oot, (location of Death Mountain, Lake Hylia, ect...) the areas won't be in the correct places when compared to Oot, taking away from the game in nostalgia factor at the least.

MysticGurlie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MysticGurlie
Member since 2006 • 1144 Posts
lefty....righty...who cares!! lets play!! :)
erie_enigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 erie_enigma
Member since 2002 • 253 Posts
Why do lefty's feel so left out all of a sudden?  I'm pretty sure all you have to do is put the Wii-mote in the othe rhand and nunchuk in the other...not a biggie...the wii-mote isn't contoured or anything so it should be fine...
imnotwhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 imnotwhite
Member since 2005 • 6437 Posts

Perhaps  the game will let you choose!

nestea_king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 nestea_king
Member since 2004 • 5652 Posts
I HATE how they reversed the map! I would have prefered to go through the entire game left handed (and I'm right handed!) then have them switch it around. The sun will rise and set in the wrong places, and there will be locations in the wrong places too! I don't know why they couldnt just leave it so that we use our left hands. Whats the worst that can happen to us right handed people? We become ambidexterous...whooptiedoo