nazguldragon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 nazguldragon15
Member since 2004 • 3108 Posts

Officers, or Leader, I'd like you to post this up as an update. Instead of sending a PM, I decided to make a thread to show the pictures, colors, size changes, etc. You may lock this if you feel it is inconvenient on the boards. Do not include things such as [title], but I’m sure you already knew that.

[Title]

The Ocarina of Time "Special" Boss FAQ

[Info]

Everything you need to know about the Ocarina of Time's bosses, and more!

[Full Description]

I am a FAQ writer, and have already written FAQs for various games, this is one of my FAQs.

Hello fellow members of the Legend of Zelda Union board. This is I, nazguldragon15, writing for you. I have written a boss FAQ for this game, but it cannot be published on GameFAQs, due to the fact that there are already too many FAQs for this game This version here, is a smaller version of my original, and is made especially for The Legend of Zelda Union. I’ve spent a few good hours on this, and I would appreciate it if I had positive feedback. For first time players of Ocarina of Time, this FAQ has SPOILERS (spoiling storyline info), but you may find this helpful as there are strategies I use differently from others. For veterans of this game, you may still find this helpful to try new methods. In either situation, I hope you enjoy this. (Click on the boss names to view a picture)

Gohma

Parasitic Armored Arachinid

Difficulty: 1/10 (Very Easy)

Strategy: While she is on the ground, she will begin to crawl toward you, peg her in the eye with a Deku Nut, then slice her with the sword. The queen will then back up, and climp on the ceiling. Pull out your Slingshot, lock on to her eye, then ready a seed. Once her eye turns red, peg her with the Fairy Slingshot, and slice her when she falls. Repeat until you deliver the "Blow of Grace".

King Dodongo

Infernal Dinosaur

Difficulty: 2/10 (Easy)

Strategy: Follow the dinosaur as he rolls around the stadium. If he is about to run into you, get into one of the corners for safety. Eventually, he will turn around to face you. Once his mouth is open, throw a bomb (bomb, or bomb flower from the stadium) into his mouth before the flames escape. Strike him while he's down until he comes to his feet. Repeat until the King is no longer.

Barinade

Bio-Electrical Anemone

Difficulty: 5/10 (Medium)

Strategy: Run around the room, while locked on to one of the tentacles connected to the ceiling. Avoid the electrical blasts, and strike down the tentacles one by one with your boomerang. Once all of the tentacles are gone, Barinade will begin to move around the room, trying to hit you with it's electric blasts. Every once in a while, the Bari's on its body will be released, and start to revolve rapidly around Barinade. Eventually, the Baris will stop rotating, and float around. Quickly go around destroying the Baris with your boomerang. Repeat until all of the Baris are dead. After that, Barinade will spawn more Baris to protect himself. Pull out your boomerang, and lock onto the central area of Barinade. Try and hit it with your boomerang (it will be deflected by the Bari several time, they are revolving again). After hitting it's center, the jellyfish will float around, and you have to destroy each of them. After they're all dead, Barinade will raise higher, revealing spikes. He now moves rather rapidly around the room, so be quick to act. Stun his center with the boomerang, then hack away at it with your sword. Rinse, lather, and repeat until the Zora's Saphirre is yours.

Phantom Ganon

Evil Spirit from Beyond

Difficulty: 4/10 (Medium-Easy)

Strategy: From where you come in, find a place on the wall where his electric shockwave won't hit you. Now pull out your bow, and Phantom Ganon will warp out of one of the many identicle frames. Unfortunately, he will also have a duplicate come out of another frame at the same time. The one that's fake, will turn around in the picture, the real Ganon will slowly exit the frame in a white form. While he's in the white form, hit him with the bow and arrow. Repeat about 3 times, then he will lose his horse, and no longer enter the frames (yay). Now he will float around the room trying to strike you with an energy orb. Your goal is to reflect the orbs back at him with your sword (a lot like Agahnim from ALttP). Do not, however, reflect them if he seems close to you. Instead, pull out your shield to destroy the orb. When he back away from you, across the room, then you can reflect the balls. You will hit it back and forth until one of you gets hit. Once he is hit, go up to him and strike him with your sword several times. Repeat the process until the Phantom is destroyed. (He also has a drill attack, but he rarely uses it).

Volvagia

Subterranean Lava Dragon

Difficulty: 6/10 (Medium-Hard)

Strategy: A rather straightforward battle. It kind of reminds me of Whack-a-Mole! Anyway, look for a hole on the platform that shoots fire out of it. Immediately run toward it (not too close) and smack Volvagia in the head with your Megaton Hammer. The dragon will then duck bask into the hole. Then he will fly out of a random hole, and chase you while trying to toast you with his flame. The hole screen will seem to flash. Just roll around the arena in circles, then Volvagia will go back into a hole. Repeat the first step of hitting him with your hammer, although this time the dragon will try to trick you, and pretend to pop out of a hole. Watch out for this. After hitting him, wait until he flies out, then run along the outer rim of the stadium. Instead of bursting you into flames, he will drop rocks on you. Now these rocks do a lot of damage (so do all of his other attacks). If you run in circles, you probably won’t be hit, just be careful. Repeat the steps (Hit him, dodge flames, hit him, dodge rocks, and so on) then Volvagia will eventually explode.

Morpha

Giant Aquatic Amoeba

Difficulty: 5/10 (Medium)

Strategy: To beat the boss, you need a good strategy. Fortunately, I have one for you. When you start the battle, get onto the outer platform and avoid the middle platforms. Morpha will create whirlpools, when it does this, run as far away as you can, without being out of the core’s sight. A huge water tentacle will rise out of the whirlpool and attempt to grab you, it has surprisingly long range, so watch out. If it grabs you, it will whip you back and forth a few times, then throw you into the wall (heavy damage). If it misses, then it will stay hooked onto one of the platforms. This is your chance to damage it. Whip out your Hookshot, then lock onto the core and pull it toward you. Quickly slash it as many times as you can before it reaches the water. Just repeat until Morpha is dead. (Also note that Morpha will late create two tentacles instead of one at a time)

Bongo Bongo

Phantom Shadow Beast

Difficulty: 6/10 (Medium-Hard)

Strategy: What a strange name for such a cool boss. This is a unique boss, you fight him on a drum. When you start, Bongo Bongo will just move around humming some strange "song" while drumming. While he’s doing this, try to hit his hands with arrows. Hit each of them once. If he stops humming, he will attack. Either the right or the left hand, and he has several attacks. You can only hit him if his hand is open (not while it is in a fist). After stunning each hand, they he will shake them for a bit. Right then, whip out your Eye of Truth, and lock on to his eye (it is hidden at the beginning), when it starts to speed toward you, quickly shoot the eye with an arrow. (It’s best to hit him when he’s closer so you can get more hits in with your sword) He will drop, so now’s your chance to deal heavy damage. Whip out your sword, and hack his eye until he gets back up. Just repeat this over until he dissipates. Also be warned that the floor (not the drum) damages you, so try to stay on the drum.

Twinrova

Sorceress Sisters

Difficulty: 7/10 (Hard)

Strategy: This is my favorite boss (and most others). When you start the battle, Koume and Kotake will be moving in the air randomly. Eventually, one of them will charge up an attack (you’ll know by the charging SFX) quickly look for the one who is charging it (Kotake is the ice, Koume is the fire). Do not Z-Target, instead, pull out your shield, and block the awesome looking beam that she fires at you. Instead of the beam blasting into nothing when it hits your shield, it reflects back at her. Try and get the beam to reflect on the opposite witch (if it’s a fire beam, hit Kotake the ice witch and vice-versa) It does take practice, but you’ll get the hang of it. After hitting each a few time, it will show a cut scene where they combine to form a very ugly witch (Twinrova).Now she will hover to either of the four platforms. She will raise her staffs, then hit you will either an ice, or fire ball. Once again, pull out your Mirror Shield, and this time, lock on. Instead of the magic being reflected, it will be stored in your shield and make an alarm like noise, and your shield will blink either red or blue (depending on the spell that hit you). Now, she will float to another platform, and do the same (it will be a random fire or ice), but this time, you have to block the one you blocked before (if you blocked ice, then block ice this time). If you don’t you will lose your storage in the shield, and you will be damaged heavily (such as if you were storing ice, and blocked fire). So if she uses the opposite, run to the other side of the arna to avoid damage. If you block the same as before, your shield will store it again, and it will blink faster. Do the same with the third, then it will blink rapidly and fire a blast of either fire or ice at Twinrova. She will fall to the platform below her. Quickly jump to that platform, and strike her as much as you can. Repeat the whole process (shield storing and damage) until they separate. They have a funny argument, then go to heaven (?....heaven?).

Ganondorf

Great King of Evil

Difficulty: 9/10 (Very Hard)

Strategy: I don’t really think the bosses are all that hard, but I’ve beaten this game several times. This is the hardest boss in my opinion, but he does not do the most damage. When the battle starts, immediately move to one of the four corners (Ganondorf uses an earthquake spell that removes blocks from the floor). If you fall down, you will have to climb up, but remember that there are hearts, arrows, and magic refills on the bottom floor. In your corner, turn to face Ganondorf, and equip the Light Arrow, Biggoron’s Sword (if possible), and the hover boots. Let’s hope that you also got the defense upgrade (the white shields around your hearts), because this boss does good damage. He will create a ball of light, and the whole screen will darken dramatically. Much like Phantom Ganon, you will have to reflect the ball back and forth (using your sword) until one of you gets hit. I recommend the Biggoron’s sword, because it have further range. If you charge your sword, and hit the ball with the spin attack, the ball moves much faster, thus, he will be hit faster. (I’d only do this if you are really coordinated, because there are higher chances of you being hit too). If you’re hit, you’ll receive lots of damage. If he, then quickly shoot him with the light arrow (and I mean quickly) then hurry over the gap with the hover boots, and get as many hits in there as you can with you Biggoron’s sword, or hammer. Afterwards, retreat, and repeat. You need to watch out for his "Black Hole" attack. He forms a huge black ball and fires several light beams that are very hard to dodge. You can however, reflect this back at him. Charge the spin attack, and unleash it on all of the beams, and they will reflect a Ganondorf. Use that to your advantage, because he cannot reflect those beams back, so you can automatically throw in a light arrow. Eventually, he will fall. But it isn’t over. He will throw up blood, and cause the castle to collapse in 3:00 minutes. You must escape with Zelda in 3:00 minutes. And once you reach the bottom, and find yourself alone with Zelda (finally) you hear a rumble, and Ganondorf crashes out of the rubble, and transforms into...

Ganon

Difficulty: 8/10 Hard

Strategy: The main point here is that this is a huge pig with two gigantic swords that deal a horrifying amount of damage. This, although not the hardest with this strategy, is the "scariest" boss in the game due to his power, the scenery, and what he looks like. Fortunately, my strategy makes this boss easier than he would’ve been. When you start the battle, he will knock the Master Sword out of your hands, and send it flying next to Zelda, across the firewall (so you can’t get it!). Pray that you have the Biggoron’s Sword, because the best substitute is the hammer, and it’s too slow for me. Start the battle away from Ganon, and run toward him (do not hesitate, just go). He will attempt to hit you (if he does...ouch) so it will give you an opening under his legs. Roll under the legs, then Z-Target the tail, and slash it once (twice if you can). You probably won’t be able to see the tail, to just keep pressing Z until you target something (on the Gamecube, L). Then hit it. After that, run away from him to the other side of the castle ruin. Then turn to face him stomping toward you. Do the same, and roll under, Z-Target, then slice. Repeat this until he falls down. The firewall will temporarily be down, so run to Zelda and pick up the Master Sword. The fire will then return, and Ganon will begin to get up. If you are quick, try and get a free shot at his head or tail while he’s down. Switch your sword to the Master Sword (even if you have the Biggoron’s) and do exactly what you did before, but just be aware that he is much faster now. You can always stun him by hitting him in the face with the light arrow, but with my method, it’s useless. Eventually, he will fall again, and Zelda will tell you to deliver the final blow. Just hit his head once, and it’s over. You see an awesome cut scene of Link hitting Ganon multiple times, and blood flying, then he will flail around. Zelda will call the six sages to lock him in the Sacred Realm, and it will show great scene where they suck him in. He will float out of the camera, saying things like, "CURSE YOU ZELDA!!!". Enjoy the ending!

This is my (nazguldragon15, silentone, regimen de caos, Brandon Leishman) work. And cannot be copied under any circumstances. Please contact me for any use at: brandonleish@davencourt.org

nuck44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 nuck44
Member since 2004 • 5152 Posts
Wow, this is great =D. you can see it on the front page and comment here http://www1.gamespot.com/unions/read_article.html?union_id=zelda&article_id=23127895
hermanson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 hermanson
Member since 2005 • 2404 Posts
great faq......good job
jimmydude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 jimmydude
Member since 2004 • 7543 Posts
Exellent. I think it will be a great addition to this Union.
nazguldragon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 nazguldragon15
I'd be glad to do this anytime! :D
SabotageClock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#6 SabotageClock
Member since 2004 • 5275 Posts
great job, all I can say
Link4554

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Link4554
Member since 2005 • 2725 Posts
cool
LessThanMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LessThanMike
Member since 2002 • 5364 Posts

I'd be glad to do this anytime! :Dnazguldragon15

i hope so that was really awesome!

Maniac196

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 Maniac196
Member since 2005 • 346 Posts

great job

nazguldragon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 nazguldragon15
I'm thinking of doing the same with A Link to the Past, but I haven't made a boss FAQ for that game. I'll have to write the whole thing out. (I did that with this one though, and only took notes from my longer version).