waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

User Lists: 0

#1 waZelda
Member since 2006 • 2956 Posts
I want to review which game has the best dungeons. OoT or TP. Divining the dungeons into pears is kind of easy because most dungeons in TP are simular to a game in OoT.

1st Duell: First dungeon in OoT vs. first dungeon in TP
Both are forest dungeons. The OoT dungeon has relaxing puzzles, a cool boss, it looks cool, but I don't like the music. The TP dungeon is ununiqe, a bit long and boring, has a cool boss and a great miniboss. It doesn't look that cool. Winner: OoT.
OoT 1 - TP 0

2nd Duell: Goron dungeon in OoT vs. Goron dungeon in TP
I like dungeons with one big rooms and a lot of rooms you at first can't reach, so that is a plus to OoT. The TP dungeon was complicated like a lot of the water dungeons in Zelda games are. The boss figths was quite good in both games and I liked the miniboss in TP, but I'll say the OoT dungeon is the best.
OoT 2 - TP 0

3rd Duell: Water dungeon in OoT vs. water dungeon in TP
They are both long, frustrating and hard, but I must say that i enjoyed figthing dark Link, and the boss in TP wasn't that bad. I don't think I'll give a point to any of them.
OoT 2 - TP 0

4th Duell: Dessert temple in OoT vs. Gerudo dungeon in TP
I like both these dungeons. The dungeons were great, and the bosses was just awesome. But still I think the TP dungeon was a little better than the OoT dungeon.
OoT 2 - TP 1

5th Duell: Inside Jabu-Jabu's belly in OoT vs. Inside Yeti's castle in TP
The OoT dungeon is one of my favorite Zelda dungeons ever and it is a clear winner in this duell. The TP dungeon were the kind of a dungeon you would skip if it was an option. The boss isn't good, it is long and it is not enough combat.
OoT 3 - TP 1

6th Duell: Spirit temple in OoT vs. Temple of time in TP
I really disliked the boss in the TP dungeon and I loved the boss in the OoT dungeon. Both dungeons are uniqe and good and there is not much between them, but I'll give OoT the victory because of the boss.
OoT 4 - TP 1

7th duell: Fire temple in OoT vs. Island in the sky in TP
Not very enjoyable dungeons neither of them, but I enjoyed the boss figth in the TP dungeons more than i enjoyed the boss figth in the OoT dungeon.
OoT 4 - TP 2

8th duell: Shaddow temple in OoT vs. Back to the twilligth in TP
Both dungeons were great both when it came to the dungeon and the boss. The TP dungeon look cooler though and the boss figth is really enjoying. I can't say I liked the music in the OoT dungeon, so even though it was a uniqe and great dungeon, the victory goes to TP.
OoT 4 - TP 3

9th duell: Final dungeon in OoT vs. final dungeon in TP
When you have to take one room for each of the sages in the OoT dungeon it is really cool, but the boss figth was not as fun as in TP. OoT is cooler, but TP has more combat, which I like and it is longer. It is close to a draw, but if I had to choose one I'd say TP
OoT 4 - TP 4

Though it was a draw in the end, overall I must say the dungeons in OoT is better than the dungeons in TP. But the two last dungeons in TP are really great.
Aravix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -16

#2 Aravix
Member since 2004 • 1282 Posts
My decision would probably come to a draw as well. I thought both games had great dungeons/temples. OoT still wins me over, though. I don't think any other Zelda game can beat its originality.
gcnisbetter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 gcnisbetter
Member since 2004 • 66 Posts

I see a tie also, but for Duel 2, I'd give the Goron Mines from TP the win over Dodongo's Cavern from OoT. For Duel 7 My favorite temple is the Fire Temple in OoT, so its an obvious win over the horribly drawn out and frustrating City in the Sky from TP

The mansion was sweet in TP! It was the most original dungeon ever! After all that time going in generic cave like dungeons, having one in a big house was really cool, I thought.Voodoo2k3

Hear, Hear! I thought the Yetis Mansion was cool for that reason also

Voodoo2k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#4 Voodoo2k3
Member since 2003 • 5630 Posts
The mansion was sweet in TP! It was the most original dungeon ever! After all that time going in generic cave like dungeons, having one in a big house was really cool, I thought.
ss4hakeem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ss4hakeem
Member since 2005 • 322 Posts
oot wins in my book
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts
oot wins in my bookss4hakeem
same here I like allmost every dungeon in OoT except for the water temple which is to long and becomes boring in my opinion. I disliked the castle in the sky temple and the back to the twilight dungeon in TP.
ss4hakeem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ss4hakeem
Member since 2005 • 322 Posts

[QUOTE="ss4hakeem"]oot wins in my bookkillerfist
same here I like allmost every dungeon in OoT except for the water temple which is to long and becomes boring in my opinion. I disliked the castle in the sky temple and the back to the twilight dungeon in TP.

why do eveyone hate the water temple me i loved that temple and i mean it to

waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#8 waZelda
Member since 2006 • 2956 Posts

ss4hakeem

Personally, I don't like the water temple because I didn't like under-water combat and because it is hard to find out where to go and what to do. I like puzzles like moving blocks over the ice, but I hate it when I have no idea where to go next. I liked the miniboss and the boss, though.
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts
[QUOTE="ss4hakeem"]

waZelda

Personally, I don't like the water temple because I didn't like under-water combat and because it is hard to find out where to go and what to do. I like puzzles like moving blocks over the ice, but I hate it when I have no idea where to go next. I liked the miniboss and the boss, though.

yeah I don't like underwater combat either (in any game). The shadow link miniboss is awesome.
GamerGirlPwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GamerGirlPwnz
Member since 2006 • 4501 Posts
Hmm.... Well, graphic wise I'd have to say Twilight Princess for the Dungeons. But the Dungeons in general? They are both very similar, which makes it hard to choose from. I'd say Twilight Princess; they were more original and creative with their puzzles, bosses, and dungeons.
Avatar image for marshiemallowma
marshiemallowma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 marshiemallowma
Member since 2005 • 432 Posts

4th Duell: Dessert temple in OoT vs. Gerudo dungeon in TP
I like both these dungeons. The dungeons were great, and the bosses was just awesome. But still I think the TP dungeon was a little better than the OoT dungeon.
OoT 2 - TP 1waZelda

The dungeon that's in the desert in Ocarina of Time is the Spirit Temple, which means you put twice. And you didn't put the Forest Temple from OoT. And I hope you meant to put those out of order.

I'm so glad there was only one water-themed temple in Twilight Princess (Lakebed Temple), as opposed to the two that OoT had (Jabu Jabu's Belly, Water Temple). I loved City in the Sky, and Arbitur Grounds was also pretty interesting. I think I would lean a little more towards the dungeons of TP, although the ones from OoT were also really great, one of the factors making it one of the best games of all time.

GamerGirlPwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GamerGirlPwnz

[QUOTE="waZelda"]4th Duell: Dessert temple in OoT vs. Gerudo dungeon in TP
OoT 2 - TP 1marshiemallowma

The dungeon that's in the desert in Ocarina of Time is the Spirit Temple, which means you put twice. And you didn't put the Forest Temple from OoT. And I hope you meant to put those out of order.

I'm so glad there was only one water-themed temple in Twilight Princess (Lakebed Temple), as opposed to the two that OoT had (Jabu Jabu's Belly, Water Temple). I loved City in the Sky, and Arbitur Grounds was also pretty interesting. I think I would lean a little more towards the dungeons of TP, although the ones from OoT were also really great, one of the factors making it one of the best games of all time.

Agreed. :D Twilight Princess was practically a modern-day version of Ocarina of Time. The real differences were shown in most aspects of the game--but most noticeably in the dungeons :wink: And I too, was so happy just to see one water dungeon :lol: You wouldn't belive how hard it was for me to continue in Ocarina of Time because of how much I despised that dungeon :lol: One of favourites from Twilight Princess will be City In The Sky. A dungeon I've never seen before--and it was pretty cool, too. Another amazing dungeon for me was the Temple of Time. The place where Link was able to travel through time, and now the place where Link is fighting to save [not time :P] his own world.
Gamer_X_89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Gamer_X_89
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
I think the dungeons themselves were alot better and the puzzles they had were incredible. The boss battles, however, seemed very easy to me. They looked cool, but were easy to take down.
ocarina_jedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#14 ocarina_jedi
Member since 2003 • 778 Posts
"TP is a modern day version of OoT" - GamerGirlPwnz

Is the majority of this board really so young that a game that came out only 9 years ago is considered to be old-fashioned?? OoT is an old game, yes, but I don't think it's right to say that TP is a modernization of it. OoT, MM, WW and TP all are the same type of game. Is TP (or any of the aforementioned games) a modernization of LoZ? I think that is a reasonable statement.

(BTW, I loved the dungeons in both games for a variety of reasons, most notably because they were both packed to the brim with originality. TP may follow the exact same formula as OoT, but it had all kinds of new puzzles and approaches that I loved.)
GamerGirlPwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GamerGirlPwnz
"TP is a modern day version of OoT" - GamerGirlPwnz

Is the majority of this board really so young that a game that came out only 9 years ago is considered to be old-fashioned?? OoT is an old game, yes, but I don't think it's right to say that TP is a modernization of it. OoT, MM, WW and TP all are the same type of game. Is TP (or any of the aforementioned games) a modernization of LoZ? I think that is a reasonable statement.

(BTW, I loved the dungeons in both games for a variety of reasons, most notably because they were both packed to the brim with originality. TP may follow the exact same formula as OoT, but it had all kinds of new puzzles and approaches that I loved.)
ocarina_jedi
Yeah, they are all the same types opf games; but most aspects in each game differ from all the rest. Majora's Mask was one of the most different Zelda games, and probably Wind Waker as well. What I meant was that Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time shared the same...[totally fogot the word I'm looking for :lol: I'll get back to you on that] concept, mostly. Most of the characters, dungeons, towns/areas were the same. So they are more releated than any of the other games, except Twilight Princess is more detailed.
kirby2198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#16 kirby2198
Member since 2006 • 909 Posts
OoT and TP are the same to me. all the dungeon are almost alike. but i would go with TP. in TP you can enjoy your dungeon and mini-boss and boss battle without a sertain fariy saying "HEY! LISEN! HEY! HEY! HEY! LISEN! LISEN! HEY! LISEN! HEY! HEY! LISEN!" AAAAHHHHHHHH now i want to shot myself. stupid navi. if she diidnt do that, then i would say both games are equal. (edit: speling)
*NintendoMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17 *NintendoMania
Member since 2005 • 628 Posts
Now when I played TP it took me about without help...21 hours at most. When I was playing it, it seemed to get boring really fast. Orcarina of time kept me IN the game. I think Orcarina is better.
BGCD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 BGCD
Member since 2006 • 231 Posts
Now when I played TP it took me about without help...21 hours at most. When I was playing it, it seemed to get boring really fast. Orcarina of time kept me IN the game. I think Orcarina is better.nintendomania
Orcarina? >> The Twilight Temple wasn't that fun in my opinion. It was short and annoying in some parts, especially the Sol (if you consider that part of the dungeon). It was a decent temple, with the boss making up for it, but what I really liked about it was the theme and setting of it. And oh yeah, teh glowing mastr swrd!!!!1
gigabrowser12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#19 gigabrowser12
Member since 2006 • 1647 Posts

I see a tie also, but for Duel 2, I'd give the Goron Mines from TP the win over Dodongo's Cavern from OoT. For Duel 7 My favorite temple is the Fire Temple in OoT, so its an obvious win over the horribly drawn out and frustrating City in the Sky from TP

[QUOTE="Voodoo2k3"]The mansion was sweet in TP! It was the most original dungeon ever! After all that time going in generic cave like dungeons, having one in a big house was really cool, I thought.gcnisbetter

Hear, Hear! I thought the Yetis Mansion was cool for that reason also

Yup and it was fun to see sum yetis and getch'a soup.