.::Official Off-Topic Thread V23::. (Favorite State of Matter Poll)

GunnerVIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 GunnerVIII
Member since 2006 • 4135 Posts

Then you will be there a half-hour later and everyone will be complaining about that. I always found that getting home earlier is better than getting in late, but that's just me.

metroid_dragon

Can't we just have both? :P In all seriousness though, I think they should just shorten lunch, and the passing time so that we have a few more minutes to sleep.

glennwinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#102 glennwinton
Member since 2006 • 15480 Posts
then just sleep during lunch if it's so damn long loljk
UNOwen802

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#103 UNOwen802
Member since 2006 • 2935 Posts

Ha, ha! Pwned!

Reliability. I swear I have to troubleshoot the wireless around the office twice a day.

But no, I think you're right, the world is definitely going more towards wireless now. Maybe not yet, but in another few years Wireless will surely be the standard in each household.

metroid_dragon

Wireless can be just as reliable as wired, if set up correctly. Unfortunately, too many people believe it's a do-it-yourself kind of technology. That's bull! "Just put in the CD for Secure and Easy set up!" Listen, if something is secure, it's not easy. And if something is easy, it's not secure. That doesn't just go for wireless either. Too many incompetent people out there try and set up their own stuff. When it doesn't work, they blame the equipment and bring it back to me. I haven't updated the "Stats" board at work in a while, bu, at last count, 35% of all the networking equipment I sell comes right back to me in less than a month for being "defective" or just simply "not working". I check out all products when they come back. So far approx 89% of that returned product is NOT defective. Let me say that again so it can sink in. 89% of the time, the error is not with the hardware!

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#104 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts
Geez, that's pretty bad, but my parents had the Geek Squad from Best buy set up all of our wireless internet and new computer, and it's still been pretty good and all.
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#105 metroid_dragon
Member since 2003 • 1964 Posts

Ha, ha! Pwned!

[QUOTE="metroid_dragon"]

Reliability. I swear I have to troubleshoot the wireless around the office twice a day.

But no, I think you're right, the world is definitely going more towards wireless now. Maybe not yet, but in another few years Wireless will surely be the standard in each household.

UNOwen802

Wireless can be just as reliable as wired, if set up correctly. Unfortunately, too many people believe it's a do-it-yourself kind of technology. That's bull! "Just put in the CD for Secure and Easy set up!" Listen, if something is secure, it's not easy. And if something is easy, it's not secure. That doesn't just go for wireless either. Too many incompetent people out there try and set up their own stuff. When it doesn't work, they blame the equipment and bring it back to me. I haven't updated the "Stats" board at work in a while, bu, at last count, 35% of all the networking equipment I sell comes right back to me in less than a month for being "defective" or just simply "not working". I check out all products when they come back. So far approx 89% of that returned product is NOT defective. Let me say that again so it can sink in. 89% of the time, the error is not with the hardware!

I can believe those stats, most users are incompetent and will just assume the equipment is broken or you didn't set it up properly. I've been there many times.

UNOwen802

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 UNOwen802

People will sometimes ask me: "Is this something I can set up myself?"

My answer? "If you have to ask, the answer is no."

I don't mean to insult, belittle, or otherwise look down upon them. It's the truth. I wouldn't be suprised if another percentage of product that wasn't returned was kept out of pride. Oh, well. I can only sell the product and offer my help. It's not my fault if they don't take it. I've even contemplated driving around town looking for unsecured/partially networks, breaking into the computers, and leaving a note on the desktop that their wireless is not secure. Unfortunately, that calls ethics into question, and I don't feel like getting arrested. It's just not me. :P

metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 metroid_dragon

This computer was hacked by Routers Unlimited (TM)

Your wireless is not secure

Please visit our store at 123 fake st, to have us secure your network before your computer is hacked by malicous, evil hackers who want nothing more than to control your computer and bank account (and rape your dog).

Contact us TODAY

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My roommate named our wireless network "lolmyinternetisimpregnable" and he just mashed the keyboard about a dozen times for a password and copied it into a text file. Eventually I got him to change it after the second time we had to enter it in the Wii.

Stupid Gamespot won't let me use the real trademark symbol. I'll raise a fuss about the lack of unicode support.

rlink0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 rlink0
Member since 2005 • 66 Posts
HAHA! That'll make for some interesting posts on their comments board, however, if they did that. "HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT PEOPLE STALK ME AND WANT TO DO THOSE THINGS! (as well as how do you know I have a dog?) haha... On the other hand, I think my wireless was set up alright... I can get to it on my wii :D then again, we do know some guy that works with computers.
Avatar image for smilesterXtrem5
smilesterXtrem5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#109 smilesterXtrem5
Member since 2007 • 355 Posts

The thread was probably losing steam because, well, I'm guessing not much of us care about science. :P

And I'm not that excited for the football season either, more of a baseball guy, myself.

DJ-Lafleur

ya i just clicked on plasma for some reason:D

metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 metroid_dragon
So Sony has announced that they got rid of backwards compatability in the PS3 so that "people will buy more PS3 games". The main problem being that Sony has got this backwards. They want people to buy more software yet the reduce functionality. If the $400 PS3 was fully backwards compatable I would have bought one myself. But right now there are about 2 PS3 games I want to play, and since Heavenly sword is about 4 hours long, I'm not going to buy a system exclusively for Resistance.

Now I have plenty of old PS2 and PS1 games I haven't gotten around to completing or even playing (oh Devil May Cry 3, I will get around to you one day) and the PS3 would allow me to play those with a wireless controller and slightly upgraded graphics. I don't feel like hooking my faulty PS2 back up, it probably has a few hours of life left anyways.

Sony, you lost me a customer until you bring back backwards compatability, I hope your decision brings in enough PS3 game sales to pay that off and the countless others who feel the same way I do.

NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts

I kinda agree with them. Anyone who has PS2 games probably already own a PS2. It's nice, but I don't see the point in paying extra money for something that my PS2 can already do. I guess the only people who would want B.C. are the ones who didn't get a PS2 last generation, but then again, they didn't completly get rid of it. You can still get the 80GB or 120GB version.

By the way, the union votes have started. The LOZU was nominated in 2 categories: Best game specific union and Union that should be officially endorsed. Hope we can get officially endorsed, that would be sweet. :P

UNOwen802

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 UNOwen802
I disagree with SONY, if nothing else than for the fact that backwards compatibility was their heaviest fire against the 360. I also know many people who will sell/trade their old console for the new one. Keep your PS2, then. Or, maybe, like metroid_dragon, your PS2 has seen better days. Buy another PS2 in order to play your old favorites? Hell, no! And finally, (and this should incorperate most people) should you really have to keep your old console out to play your old games. I do it for my NES & N64 (not so much thanks to the Wii), but only occasionally. It is annoying locating all the parts. My NES's power adapter is currently held together by duct tape. Retro gaming is fun.
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 DJ-Lafleur

there's a little irony if you think about it...

Nintendo's most recent console had B.C, the past ones have not

Sony's most recent console won't have B.C, the past ones have

...maybe it's just me. :|

glennwinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 glennwinton
Member since 2006 • 15480 Posts
does it really matter? most people that would need B.C. should already have a ps2....
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#115 Gary_Jinfield
Member since 2005 • 6614 Posts
Problem is, are there really any PS3 games one would enjoy playing outside two or three? At least with backwards compatibility there are more options, among other things that have already been listed...
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 NWA_31
Speaking of PS3s...guess what I just bought today ? :D
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Gary_Jinfield

Speaking of PS3s...guess what I just bought today ? :DNWA_31

Real Super Smash Bros. Brawl?!:P

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 DJ-Lafleur

[QUOTE="NWA_31"]Speaking of PS3s...guess what I just bought today ? :DGary_Jinfield

:lol:

screw the other Brawl! That's what I want!

Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Gary_Jinfield
[QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"]

[QUOTE="NWA_31"]Speaking of PS3s...guess what I just bought today ? :DDJ-Lafleur

:lol:

screw the other Brawl! That's what I want!

Even the PS3 does not have the graphical power to run that game.:P

metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 metroid_dragon

does it really matter? most people that would need B.C. should already have a ps2....glennwinton

Yes, but I would rather have 1 system than all 3 Playstations set up, and would rather have the wireless controllers. Plus I'm skepticle my PS2 will last more than a few more hours before going DRE.

I just bought a PS3 as well, Yay for Futureshop dropping prices to match American prices.

Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Gary_Jinfield

[QUOTE="glennwinton"]does it really matter? most people that would need B.C. should already have a ps2....metroid_dragon

Yes, but I would rather have 1 system than all 3 Playstations set up, and would rather have the wireless controllers. Plus I'm skepticle my PS2 will last more than a few more hours before going DRE.

I just bought a PS3 as well, Yay for Futureshop dropping prices to match American prices.

What, retailers are actually showing some degree of fairness?

There must be some sort of conspiracy...

metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 metroid_dragon
Well it was pretty fair originally, since our dollar was worth a decent amount less and held pretty steady, but Futureshop is the first company, since the rise in the dollar started, to actually go and drop their prices to match what they technically should be.
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Gary_Jinfield

But will other retailers follow suite is the question at hand.

Ether way, this incredible rise in our currency value cannot be good for our economy in the long run, we may be rushing towards utter ruin.

metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 metroid_dragon
oh, it's not going to be good at all. My company had a 10% projected profit margin... based on a 91 cent dollar. With the dollar now at $1.03 you can all do the math.
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 NWA_31
I'm not too sure what that means. :P
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 metroid_dragon

Basically my company estimated that we would make 10% more than our overall expenses, most of which are American based. (we are a fully owned division of Boeing) then our dollar increased by more than 10%, thus rendering our profit non-existent.

There's undoubtedly an easier way to state that, but it escapes me at the moment :P

Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Gary_Jinfield
Changes are afoot. Alas it is another that will govern these changes...
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 metroid_dragon

Ah, good to be back.

just got home from a week in the woods, doing a bit of hunting. Anything new and exciting around here?

NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 NWA_31
.......................Nope. :P
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 DJ-Lafleur

Not much went on here, but in other news..

look at all these sick tumbleweeds we just recieved! :D

hermanson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 hermanson
Member since 2005 • 2404 Posts
How's everyone doing? Haven't been on in awhile, just wanted to stop in and say Hi.
nuck44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 nuck44
Member since 2004 • 5152 Posts

How's everyone doing? Haven't been on in awhile, just wanted to stop in and say Hi.hermanson

Hello!!! :)

metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 metroid_dragon

Not much went on here, but in other news..

look at all these sick tumbleweeds we just recieved! :D

DJ-Lafleur

I'm from British Columbia, which I would venture to say has some of the most diverse enviornments in the world. from rainforests to a desert, from a mountain range to the ocean. and While I was away a week ago or so, while we were passing through the desert-like area (osoyoos), we actually had a tumbleweed blow accross the road. It was pretty awesome.

Man I love this province.

NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 NWA_31
There are deserts in British Columbia ? I didn't know that...:o
nuck44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 nuck44
Member since 2004 • 5152 Posts
Go Canucks :D
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 metroid_dragon

Go Canucks :Dnuck44

We're playing Bert on home ice for the first time since we sent him off to Florida tonight, wonder how that'll turn out?

Sizzletop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Sizzletop
Member since 2004 • 2511 Posts

for the first time in over 2 years I actually have a working comp w/ internet so I might be back on gs for real this time. I guess I should probably introduce/reintroduce myself

I am sizzletop, an avid loz fan who spends most of his time skateboarding. I might try to get back into image editing so if you need a sig, let me know. other stuff I do; listen to music, play guitar, take pics, and play my wii. Last game I played all the way through was MP corruption. ugh..... what else.... can't wait to get GH3 for christmas. I hope I can get SSB Brawl some time soon. There are only like 3 loz games I haven't played/ beaten yet, Phantom Hourglass, 4 swords adventures, and the bs loz games for that one system that had link w/ voice acting ( I can't remember the names now but you can't blame me for that. I once posted my way through a speed run of OoT and it took like 9.5 hours. I pwn at Resident Evil Games. Beat RE4 in under 2 hours. that's enough for now.

Full_Metal1923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Full_Metal1923
Member since 2006 • 4132 Posts

At the moment a new banner and a tag is in the works for the union. I've also trimmed down the amount of affiliates to three. This coming weekend I'll be making the new affiliates page and doing some more work with a couple other threads.

Sizzletop: It's good to know that you have the ability to create artwork for the union. Espcially since I've been thinking of having a banner competition soon. It'll include the banner I'm recieving from Liquid Designs as well as member created banners. It's fairly straightforward, you just vote for which one oyu like best. However, I'm not certain on that yet but I'll let everyone know.

Sizzletop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Sizzletop
Member since 2004 • 2511 Posts
Making banners is a while away for me cuz my photoshop software is at a friend of mines house and I still have to re aquaint myself with using photoshop because I havent edited images in over 3 years I have some fond memories from this union and it's the only forum I ever really use Edit: just changed my sig
Full_Metal1923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Full_Metal1923

Well that's fine, once we can get other members to participate then it'll work out. Glad to hear that you'll be sticking around as well. :)

metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 metroid_dragon
Oh, I will DOMINATE you all at a banner contest. MS Paint FTW.
Full_Metal1923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Full_Metal1923
:lol: I think you're perhaps a bit too confident there :P
god_yggdrasil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#143 god_yggdrasil
Member since 2006 • 4173 Posts
did someone say....DANCE PARTAYYYY????
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 metroid_dragon

did someone say....DANCE PARTAYYYY????god_yggdrasil

Sweeet.

lancelot200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 lancelot200
Member since 2005 • 61977 Posts
Behold! lancelot200 is here to say: that is why I hate cosplay. :P
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 NWA_31
I will never understand the concept of cosplaying... :?
lancelot200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 lancelot200
Member since 2005 • 61977 Posts
Well I guess if you are really a huge fan it would be fun...in some vacarious way.
god_yggdrasil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#148 god_yggdrasil
Member since 2006 • 4173 Posts
i have seen that dance skit somewhere before. either in one of my DVDs or on anime on demand. :P btw i really like the banner, although the supernova on the triforce symbol could be a little dimmer so it would look more like the triforce is shining, and not a supernova in front of it. other than that i love it! :D
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 metroid_dragon

One of my buddies cosplayed as Link when we went to Video Games Live together back during it's first tour (which unfortunately lasted only 2 showings before it cancelled). Luckily they are back with a vengeance and they've announced a return show for Vancouver!

If they are showing in your area, I would absolutely recommend checking it out, it's definitely a great night for anyone who enjoys videogame OSTs.

Full_Metal1923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Full_Metal1923
Nice to see the new yet familiar faces here. I hope to see you guys here more often since I'll probably be here more often than The S.O.F. Brigade.