Happy_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Happy_Cloud
Member since 2006 • 4895 Posts
A lot of people seem to hate Majora's Mask. I can't understand why, I love it almost as much as OoT. Yes, it's very dark, and has a different feel, but it's so much deeper, and really involves you with the characters more than any other Zelda game.

If you liked OoT, you should really love Majora's Mask. Please tell me how you feel about Majora's Mask, and answer the poll question.
radicalplace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 radicalplace
Member since 2005 • 2010 Posts
It was my #1 game of all time, the only downside was short main storyline and 4 dungeons. Other than that it was the most spirtually deep Zelda i've ever played. Very Dark and seeming nearly hopeless world. Ikana really touched me and that young zora guitarist. He was to young to die, he was even in love with Lulu. Darmani, Goron Hero, he died trying to save his people, he even would die for them. And the Deku butler's son, that was sad, then he found him dead at the end of the game. Anju and Kafei were the best sidequest of all videogames and surpassed any Zelda one. As the clock ticked slowly, Link and Anju waited for Kafei. It was getting late, Link had to return to the past soon. It was 4 in the morning. Then the door opened, Kafei ran up the stars. They united as one, but then the sadest part is they were going to die. Both of them, they would die on their invain escape and everyone they loved and knew would perish by the evil of Majora. Sometimes playing it, I wished I could of killed Majora, but i dint hav all remain masks, I didn't want to let them all die. I felt for them, I helped them and grew to love them. Then they had to die.

Wow, that was deep even thinking about it. Dude it was so good.  
AdolescentDon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 AdolescentDon
Member since 2005 • 9081 Posts
I'm currently in the process of playing through it now, it's the only Zelda game I haven't completed! I'm only up to the Ice Dungeon.
twilight_link9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 twilight_link9
Member since 2006 • 1079 Posts
Majora's Mask is as good as Ocarina of Time, but it lacked something bigger and it was too short, the story line at least. Still, it's a great Zelda game
gannon14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 gannon14
Member since 2005 • 427 Posts
I love majoras mask it is my favourite game ever
RyanShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RyanShazam
Member since 2006 • 6498 Posts
I liked Majoras Mask. I've only got to play through the Forest dungeon because there was something wrong with my game. From what my friends told it seemed like a pretty short and hard game. I just wish i could have beat it.

AdolescentDon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 AdolescentDon
Member since 2005 • 9081 Posts
How do I get up to the Boss in the Ice dungeon, I've got the Boss Key but I can't get up the Top level...
erie_enigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 erie_enigma
Member since 2002 • 253 Posts
great game, was a bit on the buggy side in the gamecube collector's edition version with terrible slowdown and lock-ups, but otherwise solid, very dark storyline, I felt sad playing through most of it...not a lot of 'fun' 'happy' moments.  Even the very end (minor spoiler alert here for those still playing through)--c'mon, why didn't they invite him to the celebration?????  did he have to just ride off?
Avatar image for Legend_O_Dragon
Legend_O_Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Legend_O_Dragon
Member since 2004 • 7029 Posts
I LOVE the depth they added to characters. So few games have done that.
Happy_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Happy_Cloud
Oh, so you guys do like it! :P

But the small amount of dungeons was easily compensated for, I have rarely been so emotionally involved with a game and it's characters.
Avatar image for zeldafreak4life
zeldafreak4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 zeldafreak4life
Member since 2006 • 677 Posts
How do I get up to the Boss in the Ice dungeon, I've got the Boss Key but I can't get up the Top level...AdolescentDon
You need the Fire arrows ( if you dont already have them) then you have to melt all of the ice or something i dont remember the last time i beat it was a long time ago....... but Ghot is really easy
Kefkamania05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Kefkamania05
Member since 2005 • 7537 Posts
Majora's Mask is my favorite Zelda game.
MELITO1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MELITO1
Member since 2006 • 1849 Posts
everybody shoot like this game if not is becuz they never played and theyr saying things they dont have to say or the game is just too hard for them.cuz for me it took me a while to finish the game without any guide book or something like that.but the game was super awsome:D
Calpalg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#14 Calpalg
Member since 2004 • 16167 Posts
A lot of people seem to hate Majora's Mask. I can't understand why, I love it almost as much as OoT. Yes, it's very dark, and has a different feel, but it's so much deeper, and really involves you with the characters more than any other Zelda game.

If you liked OoT, you should really love Majora's Mask. Please tell me how you feel about Majora's Mask, and answer the poll question.
Happy_Cloud
in some ways, i preferred it to OOT. the main reasons for this were that the characters and locations just seemed to have more character. they were less generic than in OOT, or at least as generic as the Zelda series gets, and MM was stuffed with vibrant, colourful characters, even though most of the character models were re-cycled from OOT. this even adds a certain element of intrigue, as in doubles, alter-egos, or whatever. even though there was a lot of re-cycled content from OOT, and the structure was not quite as perfect, MM is a fantastic game in it's own right. Temples are a funny one. there are only 4 in MM, but the Great Bay and Stone temples are arguable better than anything in OOT. again, that comes back to character, as the temples are less rigidly themed than OOT, more variety to them. overall, OOT is just a more perfect game, whereas MM is a step in a slightly different direction, in which some elements worked, some arguably did not.
rhector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rhector
Member since 2004 • 553 Posts

[QUOTE="Happy_Cloud"]A lot of people seem to hate Majora's Mask. I can't understand why, I love it almost as much as OoT. Yes, it's very dark, and has a different feel, but it's so much deeper, and really involves you with the characters more than any other Zelda game.

Calpalg
in some ways, i preferred it to OOT. the main reasons for this were that the characters and locations just seemed to have more character. they were less generic than in OOT, or at least as generic as the Zelda series gets, and MM was stuffed with vibrant, colourful characters, even though most of the character models were re-cycled from OOT. this even adds a certain element of intrigue, as in doubles, alter-egos, or whatever. even though there was a lot of re-cycled content from OOT, and the structure was not quite as perfect, MM is a fantastic game in it's own right. Temples are a funny one. there are only 4 in MM, but the Great Bay and Stone temples are arguable better than anything in OOT. again, that comes back to character, as the temples are less rigidly themed than OOT, more variety to them. overall, OOT is just a more perfect game, whereas MM is a step in a slightly different direction, in which some elements worked, some arguably did not.

In MM there was only 4 temples, but they are huge, specially the great bay and the Stone temple, Asi que MM es a great game, one of the darkest Zelda and vey dificult. Great game

OhhSnap50893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#16 OhhSnap50893
Member since 2006 • 27110 Posts
I can't believe that two people in a Zelda union said they didn't like MM :| And that this is the first topic to be entitled 'Majora's Mask', freeky. Anyway, I loved Majora's Mask. It's my second favorite Zelda to date (and my second favorite on N64 :P). It had many new features never before seen in a Zelda game.
nestea_king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 nestea_king
Member since 2004 • 5652 Posts
I like every Zelda game ever made...though I havent played--nor do I want to--the ones that were voice acted, and werent actually made by Nintendo or something like that. I think there were 2, and they were like CD-I or something like that. But besides those I have beaten, and loved every Zelda game ever made.
MysticGurlie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MysticGurlie
Member since 2006 • 1144 Posts
this game was awesome!! the time changing made it a lil difficult.  everything about this game was beutiful....the music was superb and so was the story.  OoT is still my favorite, but this one is close behind. an amazing game.
Happy_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Happy_Cloud
I wonder if Majora's Mask would be considered better than Ocarina of Time if it had been released before it...
Â