Legend of Zelda Union Off-Topic thread: What games are you playing?

JukedSolid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 JukedSolid
Member since 2006 • 991 Posts

This isn't an official off-topic thread, since I don't quite enough hubris to do lay a claim like that when I'm not even an officer  :P  

But I'm curious!  What's everybody up to?  What games have been occupying your free time lately?  I'm just about done with Dishonored (going for the platinum trophy) and I'm finally about to get started on Mass Effect after endless nagging from friends.  

waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#2 waZelda
Member since 2006 • 2956 Posts
Lately, university has taken up a lot of time (which is why I'm only here in the weekends), but I have gotten a couple hours into Arkham City.
JukedSolid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 JukedSolid
Alas, I am applying for grad schools. I hate the idea of being a perpetual student though, so once I get back in the swing I'm gonna be networking my butt off. How's it compare to arkham asylum? I recall not being pretty hooked to that game.
waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 waZelda

Alas, I am applying for grad schools. I hate the idea of being a perpetual student though, so once I get back in the swing I'm gonna be networking my butt off. How's it compare to arkham asylum? I recall not being pretty hooked to that game.JukedSolid

So far it doesn't quite have the same appeal. I'm a bit annoyed that I keep hearing goons talking among themselves while I'm gliding around, and the dialogue is not that intriguing. Still, gameplay is solid and it is still really enjoyable. 

JukedSolid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JukedSolid
I imagine it wouldn't be as intense as Asylum would be.  After all, you're exploring the creepiest looney bin in comic book history that's been overtaken by numerous supervillains, and fear tends to take a large role in the excitement of the game.  Is arkham city the same way?
waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 waZelda

I imagine it wouldn't be as intense as Asylum would be.  After all, you're exploring the creepiest looney bin in comic book history that's been overtaken by numerous supervillains, and fear tends to take a large role in the excitement of the game.  Is arkham city the same way?JukedSolid

I haven't run into Scarecrow yet, so I don't know if he's in the game. Right now, it focuses on Penguin, which is kinda underwhelming. On the other hand, I hear Killer Crock plays a bigger role in Arkham City, which I'm excited about. So far, fear is not a big factor. All in all, though, my progress through the game is extremely slow. I've just played it for an hour a half this week.

JukedSolid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 JukedSolid
oh man killer croc was one of the most fun bosses in that game.  I remember flipping out wondering which direction he was going to pop out from. At the moment I'm so deep in so many other games that I have to play that I don't know when I'll ever have the time for that one.  I just finished the first mass effect so I'm getting started on the second.    
ZombieKing457

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 ZombieKing457
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Currently I am playing The Wind Waker, learning how to speedrun it. Not the first Zelda game I've learned how to do so in (Ocarina of Time was my first) but I find it to be the more enjoyable one. Currently I am working on a route up to the Master Sword and then I'll continue on from there.
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 metroid_dragon
Member since 2003 • 1964 Posts

I switch it up between
PS3:
The Last of Us
Uncharted 3

PC:
Endless Space
Chivalry
Starcraft II
The Witcher 2

Wii:
Project M (Smash Bros Brawl mod)

3ds:
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons

I saw a bunch of new mods for skyrim, so I may get back into that sometime, or maybe Civ V if Brave New World goes on sale during the Steam Summer Sale.

And somehowI find the time to work and go to class occasionally.