Is nintendo getting a little stylus crazy?

imnotwhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 imnotwhite
Member since 2005 • 6437 Posts

The bottom screen isnt a map or a menu anymore OH HELL NO!

Nintendo and Phantom hourglass are giong crazy with the stylus!

The boomerang, course-setting, shooting (bow&arrow of course) and a lot of fighing, door opening navi using (shudders) and stuff like that all at the tip of a little pen-like instrument.

Nintendo needs to find the balance between the touch screen and the buttons to make this game #1

i wonder if you can play music with it and send to others players via wi-fi?

Maybe an orchestra!

Anyway how many of you think some games like PH will be a little too hands-on (stylus+touch screen dumbass)

Link2025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Link2025
Member since 2003 • 1573 Posts
As long as the game is good and the stylus is implemented well, I don't care how crazy Nintendo gets when it comes to using the stylus in PH. I wouldn't worry about it. The quality of Zelda titles has always been second to none.
RErikku12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 RErikku12
Member since 2005 • 6280 Posts
It's about time that the DS actually really used the stylus for something.
tubbs_master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 tubbs_master
Member since 2005 • 261 Posts
gamplay dont mean SH@T to me. if Zelda PH has a good storyline and fits in the its a good game!
Link2025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Link2025
Member since 2003 • 1573 Posts

It's about time that the DS actually really used the stylus for something.RErikku12

The stylus has been used heavily by a lot of games. Kirby Canvas Curse is played only with the stylus.

nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 nintendo-4life
Member since 2004 • 18281 Posts

[QUOTE="RErikku12"]It's about time that the DS actually really used the stylus for something.Link2025

The stylus has been used heavily by a lot of games. Kirby Canvas Curse is played only with the stylus.

along with yoshi touch and go, wario ware touched and turauma center.

also let's not forget games such as metroid prime hunters and pheonix wright, those games don't "need" the stylus, but they do help...........ALOT.

so ya, i believe nintendo DID use the touch screen long enough, i think that they MUST find the balance in PH or the game might get ruined (ok maybe not ruined but it will damage it).

still, when i saw in that trailer that the game will be almost completely played with the stylus i was botherd a little, but then when i started playing the video again and again, it really got to me, this game will be AWESOME no matter what, i just love it :D

Avatar image for FantasyFanatic3
FantasyFanatic3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FantasyFanatic3
Member since 2006 • 81 Posts
I don't think so, they're just using it to an advantage. The DS is meant to be stylus iniciated. Why make a DS game and not have stylus operations on it? It's all part of making it better.
imnotwhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 imnotwhite
[QUOTE="Link2025"]

[QUOTE="RErikku12"]It's about time that the DS actually really used the stylus for something.nintendo-4life

along with yoshi touch and go, wario ware touched and turauma center.

also let's not forget games such as metroid prime hunters and pheonix wright, those games don't "need" the stylus, but they do help...........ALOT.

so ya, i believe nintendo DID use the touch screen long enough, i think that they MUST find the balance in PH or the game might get ruined (ok maybe not ruined but it will damage it).

still, when i saw in that trailer that the game will be almost completely played with the stylus i was botherd a little, but then when i started playing the video again and again, it really got to me, this game will be AWESOME no matter what, i just love it :D

well so long as they dont use the stylus for anyhting stupid! (like choosing which of tingles brothers to take with you on a quest) i'm ok withit

i just dont wanna break the touch screen!

dantefanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#9 dantefanatic
Member since 2005 • 263 Posts
They just might be, hopefully it won't be over half the game controlls being controlled by the stupid stylus. I'll be fine with it then...
RErikku12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 RErikku12
Member since 2005 • 6280 Posts

[QUOTE="RErikku12"]It's about time that the DS actually really used the stylus for something.Link2025

Well I havent played that one...I am just saying...I dont know I just cant wait for some Zelda DS action! :D

seankulbeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 seankulbeth
Member since 2005 • 2092 Posts
i myself think the ds is all about inevation....if the stylus is implemented im sure it will be implemented well. they're the creators, so ill trust em.
lil_angel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 lil_angel
Member since 2005 • 1535 Posts
It is cool that in LOZ PH you can draw the line that the boomerang will follow with the stylus
YANNIK92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 YANNIK92
Member since 2006 • 1708 Posts
I think that the stylus is a good add to the Zelda series. To be able to actually open doors with our fingers really gives more reality to the game. And even if Nintendo gets a little stylus-crazy, it doesnt mean that the games will be less interesting or fun. You just say that because you're not used to this new way to interact with games. I think that using a touch screen brings more possibilities to the games then only analog sticks or buttons.
UNOwen802

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 UNOwen802
Member since 2006 • 2935 Posts

stylus=innovation

innovation=Nintendo

therefore, stylus=Nintendo

hermanson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 hermanson
Member since 2005 • 2404 Posts
I think it will be good. I have true swing golf for my DS and I love it. You can use the stylus for pretty much everything on it. It would kind of be a pain in the @ss if you had to switch back and forth between the stylus and the buttons every other room. I think it will work out fine, and plus it is a zelda game.
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 Gary_Jinfield
Member since 2005 • 6614 Posts
the only thing is, its difficult to use all the buttons when you have to use the touch screen a lot.
imnotwhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 imnotwhite

no what would be innovative is if the touch screen morphed!

When you open a door a doorknob pops out!

When you try to kill someone..................hmm still workin out the kinks!

lil_angel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 lil_angel
That is warped man
UNOwen802

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 UNOwen802
Didn't we see something like that on "The Matrix?"  That mirror in the begining.  I would freak out if my DS touch screen did anything like that!
tubbs_master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 tubbs_master
Member since 2005 • 261 Posts
most likely Nintendo wants to test some stuff out. if it works they'll put it on there console
lil_angel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lil_angel
They better not test anything like that scene in the matrix, they would have so many problems
UNOwen802

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 UNOwen802

*ring* *ring*

[Nintendo Tech Support]: Hello, this is Nintendo Tech Support.  How may I help you?

[Distrested Caller]:  Ack!  My touch screen is....AAAAH!!....eating my arm!!!

[NTS]:  Excuse me?

[DC]:  The touch screen!  It's eating....Ack!...my arm!!!  Help me!

[NTS]:  Sir, you'll have to calm down.  I can't understand what it is you are saying.

[DC]:  It's moving up my shoulder!  What do I do?!

[NTS]:  Try turning your DS off.

[DC]:  Hold on.

{Lots of grunting, sound of phone falling to floor}

[DC]:  {in background}Oh, no!  Now, it has my other arm!

[NTS]:  Sir, you'll have to speak up.  I can barely hear you.

{Loud chomping noises, snarling, and screaming}

{phone dies}

[NTS]:  Thank you for using Nintendo Tech Support.  I am happy we were able to resolve your problem.  Please call again.

*click*

Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Gary_Jinfield
So you would be sucked through the screen into the game itself? That would be interesting and innovating indeed.
imnotwhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 imnotwhite

*ring* *ring*

[Nintendo Tech Support]: Hello, this is Nintendo Tech Support.  How may I help you?

[Distrested Caller]:  Ack!  My touch screen is....AAAAH!!....eating my arm!!!

[NTS]:  Excuse me?

[DC]:  The touch screen!  It's eating....Ack!...my arm!!!  Help me!

[NTS]:  Sir, you'll have to calm down.  I can't understand what it is you are saying.

[DC]:  It's moving up my shoulder!  What do I do?!

[NTS]:  Try turning your DS off.

[DC]:  Hold on.

{Lots of grunting, sound of phone falling to floor}

[DC]:  {in background}Oh, no!  Now, it has my other arm!

[NTS]:  Sir, you'll have to speak up.  I can barely hear you.

{Loud chomping noises, snarling, and screaming}

{phone dies}

[NTS]:  Thank you for using Nintendo Tech Support.  I am happy we were able to resolve your problem.  Please call again.

*click*

UNOwen802
why does that sound so familiar?
mp4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mp4ever
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
well, i personally love using the stylus but i can agree that nintendo needs to find a balance.  in this game, you rely on the touchscreen.  im looking forward to it
UNOwen802

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 UNOwen802

[QUOTE="UNOwen802"]imnotwhite
why does that sound so familiar?

I don't know.  Have you ever worked in tech support?

imnotwhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 imnotwhite
well, i personally love using the stylus but i can agree that nintendo needs to find a balance.  in this game, you rely on the touchscreen.  im looking forward to itmp4ever
well so long as its not warioware touched!(which is a great game) i dont want my buttons to rust!
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Gary_Jinfield
I find the commercials rather amusing, "touching is good"
imnotwhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 imnotwhite

I find the commercials rather amusing, "touching is good" Gary_Jinfield
their not reaching the right demographic!  Touching is good! but touching little kids is bad! take that micheal!

mp4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 mp4ever
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="mp4ever"]well, i personally love using the stylus but i can agree that nintendo needs to find a balance.  in this game, you rely on the touchscreen.  im looking forward to itimnotwhite
well so long as its not warioware touched!(which is a great game) i dont want my buttons to rust!

great point, too much touching, hence the name, warioware: touched.  it is a great game but more interaction with the buttons would be for the best

lil_angel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 lil_angel

[QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"]I find the commercials rather amusing, "touching is good" imnotwhite

their not reaching the right demographic!  Touching is good! but touching little kids is bad! take that micheal!

I agree

linkzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 linkzero
Member since 2003 • 22150 Posts

I thought that this was really cool.  The stylus functionality of the DS needs to be used more than just a little gimmick, it should be integrated into gameplay more, like it has here.

UNOwen802

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 UNOwen802
If you have it, use it!
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Gary_Jinfield

If you have it, use it!UNOwen802

That seems to be Nintendo's strategy.

imnotwhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 imnotwhite

[QUOTE="imnotwhite"][QUOTE="mp4ever"]well, i personally love using the stylus but i can agree that nintendo needs to find a balance.  in this game, you rely on the touchscreen.  im looking forward to itmp4ever

great point, too much touching, hence the name, warioware: touched.  it is a great game but more interaction with the buttons would be for the best

and some games dont use the stylus enough there should be a balance or a game whre no matter what you use it makes the ds look good!
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Gary_Jinfield
[QUOTE="mp4ever"]

[QUOTE="imnotwhite"][QUOTE="mp4ever"]well, i personally love using the stylus but i can agree that nintendo needs to find a balance.  in this game, you rely on the touchscreen.  im looking forward to itimnotwhite

and some games dont use the stylus enough there should be a balance or a game whre no matter what you use it makes the ds look good!

Thats true. From the games I have, I only use the stylus constantly when playing Metroid Prime Hunters

imnotwhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 imnotwhite
[QUOTE="imnotwhite"][QUOTE="mp4ever"]

[QUOTE="imnotwhite"][QUOTE="mp4ever"]well, i personally love using the stylus but i can agree that nintendo needs to find a balance.  in this game, you rely on the touchscreen.  im looking forward to itGary_Jinfield

Thats true. From the games I have, I only use the stylus constantly when playing Metroid Prime Hunters

even though its a little less precuse i use dual mode its faster for me! i dont like using a stylus to aim i d rather have a analog stick or a lock on! but even without a stylus i own!
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Gary_Jinfield
[QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"][QUOTE="imnotwhite"][QUOTE="mp4ever"]

[QUOTE="imnotwhite"][QUOTE="mp4ever"]well, i personally love using the stylus but i can agree that nintendo needs to find a balance.  in this game, you rely on the touchscreen.  im looking forward to itimnotwhite

even though its a little less precuse i use dual mode its faster for me! i dont like using a stylus to aim i d rather have a analog stick or a lock on! but even without a stylus i own!

Stylus is needed for fast aiming and is the reason why there is no lock on feature. Why do you think FPS on the PC are usually considered superior to the ones on consoles?:P

ScarecrowBirdy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ScarecrowBirdy
Member since 2005 • 294 Posts

Stylus is needed for fast aiming and is the reason why there is no lock on feature. Why do you think FPS on the PC are usually considered superior to the ones on consoles?:P

Gary_Jinfield

True, that's what's so cool about it-- it can mimic the way shooters are supposed to be played!
justiceboy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#40 justiceboy13
Member since 2004 • 11295 Posts
[QUOTE="imnotwhite"][QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"][QUOTE="imnotwhite"][QUOTE="mp4ever"]

[QUOTE="imnotwhite"][QUOTE="mp4ever"]well, i personally love using the stylus but i can agree that nintendo needs to find a balance.  in this game, you rely on the touchscreen.  im looking forward to itGary_Jinfield

the only games you absolutely have to use the stylus or at least the touch screen for are nintendogs, mph, and a few other games. Everything else is pretty optional.

Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Gary_Jinfield
[QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"][QUOTE="imnotwhite"][QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"][QUOTE="imnotwhite"][QUOTE="mp4ever"]

[QUOTE="imnotwhite"][QUOTE="mp4ever"]well, i personally love using the stylus but i can agree that nintendo needs to find a balance.  in this game, you rely on the touchscreen.  im looking forward to itjusticeboy13

the only games you absolutely have to use the stylus or at least the touch screen for are nintendogs, mph, and a few other games. Everything else is pretty optional.

In everything else its usually better not to use the stylus.:P

justiceboy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#42 justiceboy13
Member since 2004 • 11295 Posts
[QUOTE="justiceboy13"][QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"][QUOTE="imnotwhite"][QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"][QUOTE="imnotwhite"][QUOTE="mp4ever"]

yea alot of the time.

imnotwhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 imnotwhite
[QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"][QUOTE="justiceboy13"][QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"][QUOTE="imnotwhite"][QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"][QUOTE="imnotwhite"][QUOTE="mp4ever"]

[QUOTE="imnotwhite"][QUOTE="mp4ever"]well, i personally love using the stylus but i can agree that nintendo needs to find a balance.  in this game, you rely on the touchscreen.  im looking forward to itjusticeboy13

yea alot of the time.

anyway i dont use the stylus (was playing super mario 64 ds on the toilet once) And there was this time at the mall when it got jacked! WHY DID THEY JACK MY STYLUS IT WAS MY SPARE!

But anyway! even if i had it i wouldnt use it i might slip and shoot my teamate in the head!