Do you think there will ever be a Zelda game where we don't play as Link?

metalsamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 metalsamurai
Member since 2005 • 1884 Posts

What would that be like, I wonder? It could happen. Another hero besides Link....

Or maybe a game where there were other playable characters? That would be alright.

I would be open to the idea, after all, it isn't called "The Legend of Link."

Link2025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Link2025
Member since 2003 • 1573 Posts

It wouldn't really be a Zelda game then if you weren't playing as Link as the main character.

I wouldn't mind playing as other characters besides Link (like Zelda for example) but Link should still be the main character.

Nintendo could create a new franchise in the same mold and style as the Zelda games with new characters and such but why go through the trouble when many people love the Zelda series as it is.

If Link wasn't the main character in the game I would assume this game would be some type of Zelda spin-off.

They could make game where the main character is Zelda and you help Link to save Hyrule like a co-op Ico or Prince of Persia type of thing or something.

RandomHero1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 RandomHero1337
Member since 2004 • 3918 Posts

It wouldn't really be a Zelda game then if you weren't playing as Link as the main character.

I wouldn't mind playing as other characters besides Link (like Zelda for example) but Link should still be the main character.

Nintendo could create a new franchise in the same mold and style as the Zelda games with new characters and such but why go through the trouble when many people love the Zelda series as it is.

If Link wasn't the main character in the game I would assume this game would be some type of Zelda spin-off.

They could make game where the main character is Zelda and you help Link to save Hyrule like a co-op Ico or Prince of Persia type of thing or something.

Link2025

On the whole thing about Zelda being the main character... they have actually already tried that out on the Philips CD-I system two times, and we all know how those turned out. And I know you may be saying to yourself "well those weren't developed by Nintendo, but if they did it the game would turn out good." The thing is that, as much as I have faith in Nintendo, I personally don't think that a game playing as another character besides Link would ever work out. Maybe some sort of "mini-game" at the most, but not an entire game. It is a very interesting concept nonetheless, and I guess only time will tell if a game along those lines will ever be made or not.
Pvt_Webster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Pvt_Webster
Member since 2004 • 163 Posts
What if you play as Dark Link?  That would be interesting, but probably hard to pull-off.
morbious17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 morbious17
Member since 2005 • 16150 Posts
Dark Link?  That might not be a bad idea.  Someting could happen to Link like it did to Sora in Kingdom Hearts where Sora became a heartless, or like in Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones where he had a dark side.  It's possible.
duckshack123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 duckshack123
Member since 2004 • 2786 Posts
no
eginja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 eginja
Member since 2004 • 6378 Posts

Link2025

I hope not

morbious17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 morbious17
Member since 2005 • 16150 Posts
noduckshack123
Yes.
Skull_Kid_Rox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 Skull_Kid_Rox
Member since 2005 • 7258 Posts
[QUOTE="Link2025"]

RandomHero1337

On the whole thing about Zelda being the main character... they have actually already tried that out on the Philips CD-I system two times, and we all know how those turned out. And I know you may be saying to yourself "well those weren't developed by Nintendo, but if they did it the game would turn out good." The thing is that, as much as I have faith in Nintendo, I personally don't think that a game playing as another character besides Link would ever work out. Maybe some sort of "mini-game" at the most, but not an entire game. It is a very interesting concept nonetheless, and I guess only time will tell if a game along those lines will ever be made or not.

CD-i is my fav!!!!!!!!!

imnotwhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 imnotwhite
Member since 2005 • 6437 Posts

Dark Link would be a good choice!

Will Link be a hero or a villian you decide! (...............lmao shadow the hedgehog)

LeafyTree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LeafyTree
Member since 2005 • 6434 Posts
no, it wuldnt be a zelda game, to be a zelda game, u need to be link
metalsamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points