COTW-Most Negative character

This topic is locked from further discussion.

seker456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#1 seker456
Member since 2008 • 15052 Posts

This is a debate thread. State a charecter who you think best fits the title and why. Agree or disagree with others on their opinions in a nice way and state why. debate about it. I think this will make this thread more active and liked.

Points will be distrubted like this.

5 for participation

10 for a nice valid point which has a decent length

15 for an amazing reason that is strait up valid and a kind of long lengh

so what charceter is the most negative! 

dancingbeatle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 dancingbeatle
Member since 2006 • 20951 Posts
If we're going by negative in personality I'd think that Ulquiorra could possibly fit into this. He didn't really have any emotion and things in general to him where pointless or didn't make sense. That is until the very end.
Nickoleru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Nickoleru
Member since 2010 • 1368 Posts
Yes I agree with DB. Ulquiorra represents 'despair' in espadas. He doesn't understand the meaning of 'heart' and he has no feelings at all. He often questions about the bond between friends and comrades. He does not have any positive thinking or feelings towards anything. So I think he's suitable for being the most negative character in bleach.
seker456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 seker456
any other ideas?
Avatar image for BreakingSpecter
BreakingSpecter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5 BreakingSpecter
Member since 2007 • 14977 Posts
Im gonna say Ulquiorra for the reasons stated above.
seker456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 seker456
think theirs any negitive captains??? lol
Omega_Zero69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Omega_Zero69
Member since 2006 • 13668 Posts
the only thing that comes to mind is kira but he is mostly a depressing character in the beginning arcs and hanataro seemed pretty negative in the rescue arc like when ichigo and ganju tried to do anything he would usually it was hopeless because they were going to get defeated or something
Ebbon_Valentia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ebbon_Valentia
Member since 2009 • 12780 Posts

Ulquiorra is an easy pick in this one, but for example they don't have to be negative in the way that his perspective on things like emotions and nephilism paints his world.

For example Byakuya is VERY negative in a condescending manner, even though it can be seen as prideful and inflated. However he has had no problem in telling opponents that their attempts are futile (EVEN if it was obvious he was gonna win or the like).

Kakarot589

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Kakarot589
Member since 2007 • 30107 Posts
Yeah I guess it's obvious that Ulquiorra and Byakuya fit as negative
Ebbon_Valentia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ebbon_Valentia

I mean there are SAD characters and we could pull of a whole list, but for Negative characters we've mostly got a list of condescention. Really aside from maybe that one filler character from the Soul Society Arc and Bount Arc that Yachiru calls "Maki Maki" there's really no one else, and that guy is more of a whimpy and cowardly negative. :|

daorack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 daorack
Member since 2005 • 4344 Posts

*smiles and steps out of the shadows* Allow me to share a little wisdom to you all. Someone like uliquiorra is not lacking in emotions entirely. He's more "numb". The emotions are there, but he either doesnt understand them, or is so overloaded that his brain shut them out. This happens alot with people who have had really crappy lives or really bad experienecs, and suffer severe enough depression. The depression can get bad enough that its like an overload, and their brain starts shutting it out, or "locking it away" rather than deal with it. In Uliquiorra's case, I think it was a combination. For some reason he was very depressed. But ontop of that, he also did not understand emotions very well. Perhaps because whatever understanding he had in some distant past got shattered by whatever bad experience he went through, or something. He never does explain that to well. The only thing he makes very clear, is his lack of understanding. He thinks he has a good idea of it, but he even makes it obvious he doesnt know for sure, or fully understand. Because of this, even though he tries not to show it at first, orihime intrigued him. She understood it too well, even though she wasnt very good at dealing with it, she understood it quite well, and he could tell. But he couldnt understand her. So he was intrigued by it. It is kind of sad how he didnt finally understand it untill it was too late and he was dieing.

Anyway, sorry for the really long ramble there. But there's a little bit of wisdom to think about.

As for negativity, I agree, Uliquiorra is a big player there. And so is byakuya, but you know, even byakuya doesnt take the top in that form of negativity. There are a lot worse. Look at grimmjow. Look at Soi Fon. (sorry guard :P but your character really does look down on ppl :P) Look at Noitora. And this is not even including side arcs or fillers. Or the one ova I know of. Movies, etc.

There is a LOT of negative characters in bleach. Most of the shinigami are pretty negative in some way. Same with the arrancar. All the hollows are to a point, though there isnt much character development in most of those.

For one, everyone in this show seems to be very fight-happy. I'll stop for now and let you all respond. :)

Azaru32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Azaru32
Member since 2010 • 6234 Posts
Negative is TOO general . This could mean anything . All bleach characters could be negative in their own ways . Even ichigo is negative in all his battles . You mentioned byakuya and soifon and a bunch of characters "negative" because they look down on other people . Who is better at that than Aizen ? lol . He looks down on every existence . Yamamoto too .
dancingbeatle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dancingbeatle
Well Ulquoirra does come across as numb to me, which because he's not dealing with emotions he may or may not have it's a bit like being negative. Besides they are death gods the other characters so I wouldn't expect them to be too happy, hmm.
daorack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 daorack

Ikkaku is, bluntly put, suicidal. Flat out. All out. Suicidal. Yamichika (sp?) knows this but doesnt want to go against his friends wishes. Kenpachi knew this and tried to give him some wisdom on the matter but he still is suicidal, just goes about it more "honorably" -_-

Hitsu is cold hearted. Period.

I agree ont he aizen comment. 

Hmm, I think even urahara is negative in his own ways. Though he isnt near as bad as most others.

Ichigo is too quick to judge. Especially against himself. He's always depressed and looks down on himself. Even when he's acting cocky, its only because he's been angered by the other party involved. But he's always depressed and looking down on his own abilities. He's also loud and sometimes even violent over silly matters.

the list does go on :D

Nickoleru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Nickoleru

I agree that Ichigo is kinda negative sometimes. He loses confidence in his battle sometimes when he realised the gap of strength between him and his oppenent. And ichimaru gin mentioned that Ichigo is fighting like he knew he's going to lose. This makes Ichigo lost more confidence in the fight between him and gin.

Yeah, Aizen is considered a negative character too. He looked down on people because he thought himself as the most powerful shinigami.

Oh, I almost forgot Kira Izuru. He's one negative character too in bleach. And if I'm not mistaken, he mentioned that squad 3 that he's in is the symbol of despair. And kira often shows a feeling of darkness. (that just my feelings though):P

tsusuno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 tsusuno
Member since 2010 • 400 Posts

I agree that Ichigo is kinda negative sometimes. He loses confidence in his battle sometimes when he realised the gap of strength between him and his oppenent. And ichimaru gin mentioned that Ichigo is fighting like he knew he's going to lose. This makes Ichigo lost more confidence in the fight between him and gin.

Yeah, Aizen is considered a negative character too. He looked down on people because he thought himself as the most powerful shinigami.

Oh, I almost forgot Kira Izuru. He's one negative character too in bleach. And if I'm not mistaken, he mentioned that squad 3 that he's in is the symbol of despair. And kira often shows a feeling of darkness. (that just my feelings though):P

Nickoleru

agree with everyone opinion...

seker456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 seker456
agree with everyones opinions. soo how about we narrow it down to the top negitive people cus their has to be someone moer negitave then others
Nickoleru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Nickoleru
I'll put ulquiorra on the top negative character list. I think he's far more negative than the others. Kira Izuru should be on the top negatuve list too..:P
tsusuno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 tsusuno
ulquiorra,kira izuru,ichigo,aizen will in my list
daorack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 daorack

all the espada, for their various reasons that they got espada in the first place...and aizen...

hmm...who to choose.

I would have to say either uliq or aizen...

Kakarot589

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Kakarot589
Member since 2007 • 30107 Posts

For some reason, Ururu is negative:|

But I guess it's cuz of the way she looks

Nickoleru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Nickoleru

For some reason, Ururu is negative:|

But I guess it's cuz of the way she looks

Kakarot589

Yeah, she's kinda negative because of her look and the way she speaks.

tsusuno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 tsusuno
Like last time she save Chad...
Azaru32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Azaru32
Member since 2010 • 6234 Posts
hmm yea i have to agree with that
Ebbon_Valentia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Ebbon_Valentia
Ururu isn't a negative person at all. She's shy and meek and not outspoken. That's an entirely different matter than negative since Jinta picks on her just about all the time. On top of that yes this kind of thing can be detrimental, but not exactly negative or bad in that respect.
daorack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 daorack

She's got low self esteem, as is demonstrated when she constantly blames herself for the kon thing at the beginning, but thats about it. But she's not even TOO bad about that either. So I dont think she's negative enough to really get a mention here...

Ok, I think i would go with either Uliquiorra or Aizen. I cant really think of anyone else that can quite match their pure negativity....

Nickoleru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Nickoleru

I agree about Ulquiorra's pure negativity. But I think Aizen is not pure negative but pure evil..:P:lol:

seker456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 seker456

HERE WE GOOO!!!!!!!!!! VOTING TIME!!!!!!!!!!!1

love to see the out come of this some good arguments were said 

daorack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 daorack
Aizen. I'll go with aizen, though uliqu would be close second.
Nickoleru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Nickoleru
My vote goes to.....Ulquiorra. I should say that he's the most negative one in my opinion
dancingbeatle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 dancingbeatle
I want to say Ulquoirra, but Aizen doesn't have a good out look on various things that it and of itself is negative. Never stopped him from trying so I'll go with Ulquoirra.
seker456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 seker456
so ulq wins this one