Season 4 Episode 20: Leap of Faith

#1 Edited by Celldrax (14808 posts) -

Second one from Haber. Thought this was actually a pretty well written episode.

And that's the fifth key. One more left.

#2 Posted by Celldrax (14808 posts) -

You dun goofed, Hub.

T-thanks...

#3 Posted by n33d2skate (5069 posts) -

Applejack swimming was too cute

#4 Edited by Celldrax (14808 posts) -

@n33d2skate: Cute apples.

#6 Posted by Celldrax (14808 posts) -

Oh yeah, and Silver Shill.

No surprises with this.

#7 Posted by n33d2skate (5069 posts) -

@Celldrax: Seriously cannot handle it

#9 Posted by meetroid8 (21142 posts) -

I think I have to agree with some people in that it's getting a little tiresome that every single Applejack has to be about her family. I'd really like to see her interact with the mane 6 for a change.

#10 Posted by n33d2skate (5069 posts) -

@meetroid8: I will never get tired of Applejack or any of her family members

#11 Posted by meetroid8 (21142 posts) -

@n33d2skate:

I won't either. But there's this whole other cast of main characters that she hasn't starred in an episode with in almost forever. Pinkie Apple Pie was great specifically because of how well Pinkie played off of Applejack and her family. I'd really like to get another Applejack+Rainbow Dash episode, or maybe our first ever Applejack+Fluttershy episode. I've seen Applejack+Apple Family. I'm ready for something else.

#12 Posted by n33d2skate (5069 posts) -

@meetroid8: AppleDash 4 life

#13 Posted by Celldrax (14808 posts) -
@meetroid8 said:

I think I have to agree with some people in that it's getting a little tiresome that every single Applejack has to be about her family. I'd really like to see her interact with the mane 6 for a change.

Some have suggested the continuing trend of family related AJ episodes as one of the few ways to create any sort of real conflict, as that is one of the two main things that defines her overall character... and they're probably right (she's pretty much perfect).

I don't think we'll see much change about her general character, but next season may still show us something a bit different.

#14 Posted by meetroid8 (21142 posts) -

@Celldrax:

She has a personality that naturally contrasts with nearly every other character. We've some of that, back with Fall Weather Friends and Look Before You Sleep (It's amazing that I still remember the Season 1 episode titles). Don't try to tell me that they've already exhausted every possibility there.

#15 Posted by Celldrax (14808 posts) -

@meetroid8: Well of course there's always more they could try and do with her.

I'm a bit biased with apple episodes though. But certainly, there have been some good examples of when it's more focused on her and a single other mane 6 character.

I can see why it also might be hard for them to write more episodes like that, because of the fact she can work so well with almost any other personality. So I guess it's just a matter of finding new ways to create those same sort of S1-like conflicts (like with Fluttershy in Bats!), as a lot of the time when things are more focused on her, it seems to be more about the pressure she'll put on herself, rather than being the result of another. And I guess that's why it's easy for them to do Sweet Apple episodes, as it's not difficult to write her as a character who cares about her family.

I'm not very imaginative with this stuff though, so eh...

#17 Posted by n33d2skate (5069 posts) -

@Watershiprabbit: The cutest ship

#18 Posted by kierwinyoung (3147 posts) -

Some Salespony they are. Flim Flam bros. are almost as shit as my classmates do. like they tell stuff that ain't been real for a long time. or never has been. anyway. Just watched it really really late. not important. I only thought about it is the episode is good, just good not as great as Simple Ways or the last weeks episode, forgot the title of it. I was really hoping they'd feature more of the Mane 6 or the Princess. that'll be good.