n33d2skate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 n33d2skate
Member since 2009 • 5069 Posts
I started rewatching season 1 and I like it alot more than season 2. For me, season 2 had too much fan service and tried too hard to make bronies incredibly happy. Which season do you like better?
DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 DrAwesomeMD
Member since 2007 • 17547 Posts
I'd have to rewatch season 1 to give an accurate response. Season 2 had my favorite episode of the series (Hearth's Warming Eve) and some of my absolute favorites in the show altogether, but it also had what I felt were the worst too.
spawnassasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 spawnassasin
Member since 2006 • 18702 Posts

I kinda wish season 2 was less episodic and had somewhat of a plot like the first season had even though it all lef up to The Gala.

Season 2 could have used some episodes to lead up to the wedding rather than just throwing "Hey twilight has a brother and hes getting married to another princess that we have never heard from before!" 

Celldrax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Celldrax
Member since 2005 • 15053 Posts

I've still been sporadically watching episodes from both seasons. And though I do enjoy both of them, S2 probably has more of my favourite episodes.

Darksonic666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#5 Darksonic666
Member since 2009 • 3482 Posts

I've been doing the same thing recently on Netflix's and so far I'm only on episode 12 of season 1.

I don't know it's kind of difficult to say which one is better though since I really enjoyed both seasons overall. But I guess if I had to choose I would go with season 1 since it had a lot more episodes which I can call my favorites and of course it had more Twilight Sparkle !!! 

I really hope we see more Twilight Sparkle in season 3 !!!

Season 2 was awesome don't get me wrong but she definitely didn't show up enough. 

Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts
Overall I think season 1 was a little better for it's storyline. But season 2 had the better episodes.
AveryMarx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 AveryMarx
Member since 2004 • 7843 Posts

I prefer Season 1, Season 2 had some pretty awesome songs and the odd great episode but it also had total flop episodes. It was trying to appeal to the brony community.

n33d2skate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 n33d2skate

I prefer Season 1, Season 2 had some pretty awesome songs and the odd great episode but it also had total flop episodes. It was trying to appeal to the brony community.

AveryMarx
And that annoyed me. I can understand that they wanted to make everyone happy, but sometimes it felt like they forgot about the real target audience
Fundai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 Fundai
Member since 2010 • 6120 Posts
Season 2 had better individual episodes, but overall I enjoyed season 1 just a tiny bit more. 
Aux99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Aux99
Member since 2011 • 1689 Posts
I like them the same
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
I enjoyed season one more. Season two had too many episodes that only focused on one, maybe two, characters. The first had far more that featured all of the Mane 6 together, and that's when this show is at its best. It also had more continuity than the second, with the lead up to the gala and Twilight's lesson at the end of each. Season 2 didn't seem to have any focus. I didn't notice the creators doing much to appeal to bronies, other than the frequent appearances of Derpy.
n33d2skate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 n33d2skate
I enjoyed season one more. Season two had too many episodes that only focused on one, maybe two, characters. The first had far more that featured all of the Mane 6 together, and that's when this show is at its best. It also had more continuity than the second, with the lead up to the gala and Twilight's lesson at the end of each. Season 2 didn't seem to have any focus. I didn't notice the creators doing much to appeal to bronies, other than the frequent appearances of Derpy.meetroid8
Humor that younger kids wouldn't understand
Aux99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Aux99
Member since 2011 • 1689 Posts

I enjoyed season one more. Season two had too many episodes that only focused on one, maybe two, characters. The first had far more that featured all of the Mane 6 together, and that's when this show is at its best. It also had more continuity than the second, with the lead up to the gala and Twilight's lesson at the end of each. Season 2 didn't seem to have any focus. I didn't notice the creators doing much to appeal to bronies, other than the frequent appearances of Derpy.meetroid8

I agree

YokoOnoPOnU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 YokoOnoPOnU
Member since 2010 • 256 Posts
I like season one better because it was what introduced me to MLP but season two is great in it's own way.
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 meetroid8
[QUOTE="meetroid8"]I enjoyed season one more. Season two had too many episodes that only focused on one, maybe two, characters. The first had far more that featured all of the Mane 6 together, and that's when this show is at its best. It also had more continuity than the second, with the lead up to the gala and Twilight's lesson at the end of each. Season 2 didn't seem to have any focus. I didn't notice the creators doing much to appeal to bronies, other than the frequent appearances of Derpy.n33d2skate
Humor that younger kids wouldn't understand

For example?
DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DrAwesomeMD
The only thing I can think of myself is the reference to The Big Lebowski in The Cutie Pox.
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 meetroid8
http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_allusion The writers have making references younger kids wouldn't get for a long time. Most adults too.
DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DrAwesomeMD

http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_allusion The writers have making references younger kids wouldn't get for a long time. Most adults too. meetroid8

"This page needs content. You can help by adding a sentence or a photo!" 

-Vulpix-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 -Vulpix-
Member since 2008 • 2564 Posts

Don't know really hard to pick between the too, but think I might go along with Season 2.

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 meetroid8

[QUOTE="meetroid8"]http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_allusion The writers have making references younger kids wouldn't get for a long time. Most adults too. DrAwesomeMD

http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_allusions

Possibly a non broken link?

DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DrAwesomeMD

[QUOTE="DrAwesomeMD"]

[QUOTE="meetroid8"]http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_allusion The writers have making references younger kids wouldn't get for a long time. Most adults too. meetroid8

http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_allusions

Possibly a non broken link?

That one works. 

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 meetroid8