Avatar image for ChrisSpartan117
#51 Posted by ChrisSpartan117 (4519 posts) -
[QUOTE="ChrisSpartan117"][QUOTE="Dan_Lero"][QUOTE="n33d2skate"]Pan's Labyrinth. If you haven't watched it, GO GO GO!Dan_Lero
Great film! Saw it in the cinema when it came out, also saw it again a couple of Christmases, magical!

Can you tell me why it's so good?

It will depend on taste, but it has a great story and is well put together, it's a like a very dark fairytale.

Hmm, never seen a movie done by that director before, but it does look unique and the creature designs look as good as everybody thinks, but I need to be careful when watching this, I have two siblings both under 10 that might want to watch this. But then again, my brother watched Terminator 2 and it did not affect him in anyway, possibly due to the low bodycount. Transformers 3's bodycount freaked him out:lol:
#52 Posted by Dan_Lero (7485 posts) -
[QUOTE="Dan_Lero"][QUOTE="ChrisSpartan117"][QUOTE="Dan_Lero"][QUOTE="n33d2skate"]Pan's Labyrinth. If you haven't watched it, GO GO GO!ChrisSpartan117
Great film! Saw it in the cinema when it came out, also saw it again a couple of Christmases, magical!

Can you tell me why it's so good?

It will depend on taste, but it has a great story and is well put together, it's a like a very dark fairytale.

Hmm, never seen a movie done by that director before, but it does look unique and the creature designs look as good as everybody thinks, but I need to be careful when watching this, I have two siblings both under 10 that might want to watch this. But then again, my brother watched Terminator 2 and it did not affect him in anyway, possibly due to the low bodycount.

Yeah it wouldn't be suitable for under 10's :P
#53 Posted by Shy_Guy_Red (17133 posts) -

Last movie I watched was Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World for the 5th time. I love that movie.izanagi_thefool

Nice! I love that one too, love the books as well.

Still got to get the game. 

#54 Posted by Dan_Lero (7485 posts) -
I've just come back from watching Super 8! Amazing film best in years!
Avatar image for izanagi_thefool
#55 Posted by izanagi_thefool (180 posts) -

[QUOTE="izanagi_thefool"]Last movie I watched was Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World for the 5th time. I love that movie.Shy_Guy_Red

Nice! I love that one too, love the books as well.

Still got to get the game. 

Oh the game is awesome. It's like all the great old arcade beat em ups. Like X-men 

#56 Posted by n33d2skate (5069 posts) -
YES! YES! YES! I love JJ Abrams!
#57 Posted by CHOASXIII (14688 posts) -
Well I started watching Transformers but I fell asleep in the middle of it. *feelsbadman.jpg*
#58 Posted by ChrisSpartan117 (4519 posts) -
I've just come back from watching Super 8! Amazing film best in years!Dan_Lero
Oh man I've been wanting to watch that but never got the chance. I hope it's on the dollar theaters soon, I'm going ASAP.
#59 Posted by Sandulf29 (14330 posts) -
Source Code. I think Best movie of 2011 till now
#60 Posted by n33d2skate (5069 posts) -
Kung Fu Hustle
#61 Posted by Sandulf29 (14330 posts) -
Limitless. Good movie I must say
Avatar image for deactivated-57d8862626cff
#62 Posted by deactivated-57d8862626cff (10463 posts) -

Inglorious Basterds...

Awesome.

#63 Posted by Sandulf29 (14330 posts) -

Inglorious Basterds...

Awesome.

meconate

Quentin Tarantino is the man. He makes so awesome movies 8) 

#64 Posted by ChrisSpartan117 (4519 posts) -
[QUOTE="meconate"]

Inglorious Basterds...

Awesome.

Sandulf29

My favorite movie of all time is Pulp Fiction. And Kill Bill Vol. 1 is great as well.
#65 Posted by n33d2skate (5069 posts) -
The Jazz Sing. Al Joleson's original.
#66 Posted by Sandulf29 (14330 posts) -
[QUOTE="Sandulf29"][QUOTE="meconate"]

Inglorious Basterds...

Awesome.

ChrisSpartan117

My favorite movie of all time is Pulp Fiction. And Kill Bill Vol. 1 is great as well.

Those are my favorites too. I liked Kill Bill 2 too. I loved the soundtracks of Kill Bill movies so much that I listen to them often.

#67 Posted by ChrisSpartan117 (4519 posts) -
[QUOTE="ChrisSpartan117"][QUOTE="Sandulf29"][QUOTE="meconate"]

Inglorious Basterds...

Awesome.

Sandulf29

Those are my favorites too. I liked Kill Bill 2 too. I loved the soundtracks of Kill Bill movies so much that I listen to them often.

IDK about vol. 2, it was good, but compared to the break in Tarantino formula that Vol 1 was, it was a minor letdown, though it features some of the best character dialogue I've ever seen. And the soundtracks are some of the best in the industry. Did you like that band inside the hangout in the first one?
#68 Posted by Sandulf29 (14330 posts) -

IDK about vol. 2, it was good, but compared to the break in Tarantino formula that Vol 1 was, it was a minor letdown, though it features some of the best character dialogue I've ever seen. And the soundtracks are some of the best in the industry. Did you like that band inside the hangout in the first one?ChrisSpartan117

I would agree on that with you. But still is a very good movie. You mean one singing the "Woo-Hoo-Woo-Hoo" song? I liked those songs. But I liked "The Lonely Sheperd" instrumental and "My Baby Shot Me Down" the best. "Flower of Carnage" is good too (the one played when Uma kills o-Ren-Ishii), too bad I dunno japanese and traslation doesn't hold up that good.

#69 Posted by JensonHurasha (829 posts) -
The A-Team.
#70 Posted by Overlord93 (12602 posts) -
The A-Team.JensonHurasha
Oooh, I've got that but haven't watched it yet, any good?
#71 Posted by deactivated-57d8862626cff (10463 posts) -
[QUOTE="Sandulf29"][QUOTE="ChrisSpartan117"][QUOTE="Sandulf29"][QUOTE="meconate"]

Inglorious Basterds...

Awesome.

ChrisSpartan117

IDK about vol. 2, it was good, but compared to the break in Tarantino formula that Vol 1 was, it was a minor letdown, though it features some of the best character dialogue I've ever seen. And the soundtracks are some of the best in the industry. Did you like that band inside the hangout in the first one?

I love Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction and Inglorious Basterds proved to be awesome, but I didn't really enjoy the Kill Bill series... :/

#72 Posted by ChrisSpartan117 (4519 posts) -

[QUOTE="ChrisSpartan117"]IDK about vol. 2, it was good, but compared to the break in Tarantino formula that Vol 1 was, it was a minor letdown, though it features some of the best character dialogue I've ever seen. And the soundtracks are some of the best in the industry. Did you like that band inside the hangout in the first one?Sandulf29

I would agree on that with you. But still is a very good movie. You mean one singing the "Woo-Hoo-Woo-Hoo" song? I liked those songs. But I liked "The Lonely Sheperd" instrumental and "My Baby Shot Me Down" the best. "Flower of Carnage" is good too (the one played when Uma kills o-Ren-Ishii), too bad I dunno japanese and traslation doesn't hold up that good.

Yeah, that band. The orginial US DVD release has a feature where you can watch that band perform for about 10 minutes. And those other songs you listed were pretty great as well.
#73 Posted by ChrisSpartan117 (4519 posts) -
[QUOTE="ChrisSpartan117"][QUOTE="Sandulf29"][QUOTE="ChrisSpartan117"][QUOTE="Sandulf29"][QUOTE="meconate"]

Inglorious Basterds...

Awesome.

meconate

I love Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction and Inglorious Basterds proved to be awesome, but I didn't really enjoy the Kill Bill series... :/

Yeah, those three were great, but why didn't you like the Kill Bill series?
#74 Posted by JensonHurasha (829 posts) -

[QUOTE="JensonHurasha"]The A-Team.Overlord93
Oooh, I've got that but haven't watched it yet, any good?

Yeah, its really good.

Avatar image for MetroidPrimePwn
#75 Posted by MetroidPrimePwn (12399 posts) -

Just watched Donnie Darko again.

Great stuff.

#76 Posted by n33d2skate (5069 posts) -
District 9
#77 Posted by deactivated-57d8862626cff (10463 posts) -

Yeah, those three were great, but why didn't you like the Kill Bill series?ChrisSpartan117

I don't know, maybe I should rewatch them, but it seemed a little all-over-the-place. I don't have trouble following stories, but the whole plot didn't pull me in, and the overall film just came across as a little far-fetched. I don't mean everything has to be 100% realistic or provide a huge budget, but I often raised an eyebrow at certain scenes, such as the whole eye-gouging business and the bursting from 6 feet underground scene.

#78 Posted by n33d2skate (5069 posts) -
North By Northwest
#79 Posted by Sandulf29 (14330 posts) -

[QUOTE="ChrisSpartan117"]Yeah, those three were great, but why didn't you like the Kill Bill series?meconate

I don't know, maybe I should rewatch them, but it seemed a little all-over-the-place. I don't have trouble following stories, but the whole plot didn't pull me in, and the overall film just came across as a little far-fetched. I don't mean everything has to be 100% realistic or provide a huge budget, but I often raised an eyebrow at certain scenes, such as the whole eye-gouging business and the bursting from 6 feet underground scene.

:lol: Yeah that could be hard to believe. But so are most of the stuff you usually see in martial arts action movies. Tho story is nicely set and directed, amazing background score, makes it very worthwhile.

Frankly I didn't like Reservoir Dogs that much. The opening scene was great. But then after that it just went down for me.

Have you watche "Desperado", another good movie by Tarabtino. Not a cult film like others, but still good. 

#80 Posted by deactivated-57d8862626cff (10463 posts) -

Have you watche "Desperado", another good movie by Tarabtino. Not a cult film like others, but still good. 

Sandulf29

Tarantino didn't actually contribute anything to that movie, he was just an actor who played the role of a 'Pick Up Guy'.

Nevertheless, decent movie, just not something I'd watch over again often.

#81 Posted by sune_Gem (12463 posts) -
I realised I haven't even watched another movie since my last post. Is that bad?
#82 Posted by deactivated-57d8862626cff (10463 posts) -

I realised I haven't even watched another movie since my last post. Is that bad?sune_Gem

Nah, there was a point where I didn't watch a full movie for about 2 weeks solid... that's unusual of me because I'm forever watching things.

#83 Posted by Aux99 (1689 posts) -

I realised I haven't even watched another movie since my last post. Is that bad?sune_Gem

I haven't watched a movie since my last post either.

#84 Posted by Sandulf29 (14330 posts) -
[QUOTE="Sandulf29"]

meconate

Tarantino didn't actually contribute anything to that movie, he was just an actor who played the role of a 'Pick Up Guy'.

Nevertheless, decent movie, just not something I'd watch over again often.

Oh darn :x that thing keeps on slipping off my mind 

#85 Posted by n33d2skate (5069 posts) -
Step Brothers. One of my favorite comedies.
#86 Posted by Shy_Guy_Red (17133 posts) -

[QUOTE="sune_Gem"]I realised I haven't even watched another movie since my last post. Is that bad?Aux99

I haven't watched a movie since my last post either.

Same, not really a big movie guy, so y'know. :P 

#87 Posted by ChrisSpartan117 (4519 posts) -

[QUOTE="ChrisSpartan117"]Yeah, those three were great, but why didn't you like the Kill Bill series?meconate

Yeah the former was silly, but given the context, the latter is a little more believable. Fun fact: Lady Gaga used the P---- Wagon in her video for Telephone.

I feel kind of ashmed that I watched that music video, it felt so dirty even by Tarantino standards.

#88 Posted by n33d2skate (5069 posts) -
Cloverfield. Such an underrated movie
#89 Posted by JensonHurasha (829 posts) -
Just watched Limitless and I really enjoyed it.
#90 Posted by deactivated-57d8862626cff (10463 posts) -
Usual Suspects.
#91 Posted by Sandulf29 (14330 posts) -
Just watched Limitless and I really enjoyed it.JensonHurasha
Told you it was a good movie
#92 Posted by n33d2skate (5069 posts) -
Winter's Bone. I hated it
#93 Posted by DrAwesomeMD (17547 posts) -
Saw 30 Minutes or Less the other night. I thought it was hilarious.
#94 Posted by n33d2skate (5069 posts) -
Saw 30 Minutes or Less the other night. I thought it was hilarious.DrAwesomeMD
I wanna see that
#95 Posted by n33d2skate (5069 posts) -
It's Kind of a Funny Story. Really good movie
#96 Posted by sune_Gem (12463 posts) -

"Tommy Wiseau's - The Room". I just finished watching it for the 2nd time. It truly is a marvel of film making. It goes beyond imagination how the film could be so bad in every single possible concievable level that it becomes a total enjoyment and a throughly entertaining film.

If you've never heard of this accidental masterpiece, this scene should give you a good idea to how enjoyable the acting, script writting and story is too watch.

This scene is also pretty funny...

And this scene... 

Heck, the entire film is funny!

#97 Posted by Aux99 (1689 posts) -

"Tommy Wiseau's - The Room". I just finished watching it for the 2nd time. It truly is a marvel of film making. It goes beyond imagination how the film could be so bad in every single possible concievable level that it becomes a total enjoyment and a throughly entertaining film.

If you've never heard of this accidental masterpiece, this scene should give you a good idea to how enjoyable the acting, script writting and story is too watch.

This scene is also pretty funny...

And this scene...

Heck, the entire film is funny!

sune_Gem

I couldn't even watch the whole movie lol

#98 Posted by n33d2skate (5069 posts) -
Escape From Alcatraz. Clint Eastwood is great
Avatar image for MetroidPrimePwn
#99 Posted by MetroidPrimePwn (12399 posts) -

"Tommy Wiseau's - The Room".sune_Gem

Best. Movie. Ever.

#100 Posted by DrAwesomeMD (17547 posts) -
Watched Die Hard With A Vengeance last night.