sune_Gem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 sune_Gem
Member since 2006 • 12463 Posts

I for one have practically lost all interest in anything related to the fandom, I can't see anything ever rekindling it either. I'd have changed my signautre and avatar by now if GameSpot wasn't being as glitchy as Big Rigs! I was just curious as to where the interest lies for you lot though.

[spoiler]

Errors: Topic titles cannot be in all uppercase. Turn off your CAPS LOCK.

lol [/spoiler]

Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts
*waits patiently for season 3*
Celldrax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Celldrax
Member since 2005 • 15053 Posts

I recently bought 2 pony related shirts, have ponies on the desktop, still occasionally watch episodes and other related videos. Not to mention we've got some pretty cool fan-made games still being made. And fan fics... lots and lots of reading there. So yeah.....bring on the ponies :P

And honestly....it's still growing on me. So long as the fandom can continue to put out all this different material, I can see myself still being into it well into next year.

sune_Gem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 sune_Gem

I recently bought 2 pony related shirts, have ponies on the desktop, still occasionally watch episodes and other related videos. Not to mention we've got some pretty cool fan-made games still being made. And fan fics... lots and lots of reading there. So yeah.....bring on the ponies :P

And honestly....it's still growing on me. So long as the fandom can continue to put out all this different material, I can see myself still being into it well into next year.

Celldrax

When did you get into it exactly?

Celldrax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Celldrax

[QUOTE="Celldrax"]

sune_Gem

Last December. So around 9 months now. And while that's not as long as some others, it's certainly been long enough to see all the ins and outs of the fandom. And I'm typically very single-minded with my interests, so it's always about me just wanting to enjoy it for what it is, and leaves little time for me want to get into anything else.

sune_Gem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 sune_Gem

[QUOTE="sune_Gem"]

[QUOTE="Celldrax"]

Celldrax

Last December. So around 9 months now. And while that's not as long as some others, it's certainly been long enough to see all the ins and outs of the fandom. And I'm typically very single-minded with my interests, so it's always about me just wanting to enjoy it for what it is, and leaves little time for me want to get into anything else.

I'd estimate I started in June, so I guess I had longer to get bored and go off it. :P

kierwinyoung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#7 kierwinyoung
Member since 2010 • 3147 Posts

oh my god, sune_gem, what happened to you? in the old days you were like the most memorable brony here.

see if you feel that way if you watch Season 3.

sune_Gem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sune_Gem

oh my god, sune_gem, what happened to you? in the old days you were like the most memorable brony here.

kierwinyoung

You say that as if I became corrupt or something. :lol:

And I'm near certain that I won't be viewing any of Season 3. Although I'm not stopping any of you from doing having fun with it.

Celldrax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Celldrax

[QUOTE="Celldrax"]

[QUOTE="sune_Gem"]

sune_Gem

I'd estimate I started in June, so I guess I had longer to get bored and go off it. :P

Well, I'll see how things are in another 6 months :P

kierwinyoung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 kierwinyoung

[QUOTE="kierwinyoung"]

sune_Gem

You say that as if I became corrupt or something. :lol:

And I'm near certain that I won't be viewing any of Season 3. Although I'm not stopping any of you from doing having fun with it.

no no, not at all. bro. You're still a friend for me. and I'm just saying that, it's just not like sune_gem before. I'm still adapting it all together though. so still gonna post here even you're not that brony anymore?
sune_Gem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 sune_Gem

no no, not at all. bro. You're still a friend for me. and I'm just saying that, it's just not like sune_gem before. I'm still adapting it all together though. so still gonna post here even you're not that brony anymore?kierwinyoung

Not regularily no. Pop in every few months or so, maybe, like I have been. That's more so because it's practically deserted here now than the lack of interest though.

Well, I'll see how things are in another 6 months :P

Celldrax

Probably the same as now. Can't see why it wouldn't be otherwise. :?

kierwinyoung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kierwinyoung

[QUOTE="kierwinyoung"] no no, not at all. bro. You're still a friend for me. and I'm just saying that, it's just not like sune_gem before. I'm still adapting it all together though. so still gonna post here even you're not that brony anymore?sune_Gem

Not regularily no. Pop in every few months or so, maybe, like I have been. That's more so because it's practically deserted here now than the lack of interest though.

That's good to hear! :) at least I know you're not abandoning us due to lack of interest.

sune_Gem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 sune_Gem

[QUOTE="sune_Gem"]

[QUOTE="kierwinyoung"] no no, not at all. bro. You're still a friend for me. and I'm just saying that, it's just not like sune_gem before. I'm still adapting it all together though. so still gonna post here even you're not that brony anymore?kierwinyoung

That's good to hear! :) at least I know you're not abandoning us due to lack of interest.

I was away for 6 months. I thought many here considered that abondining as I popped in and everyone was like "You... You betrayed us! Go back to the shadows you outcast! We want nothing to do with your kind no more!" :lol:

kierwinyoung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 kierwinyoung
I was away for 6 months. I thought many here considered that abondining as I popped in and everyone was like "You... You betrayed us! Go back to the shadows you outcast! We want nothing to do with your kind no more!" :lol:sune_Gem
don't be silly, I don't think things to people like that. coming back is always good. that means you haven't forgotten about us even being away for a long time. :)
Celldrax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Celldrax

Probably the same as now. Can't see why it wouldn't be otherwise. :?

sune_Gem

I was referencing the amount of time you've been exposed to the show and also losing interest in it, which would be another 6 months for me. But I have no doubt I'll be as keen on it as I am now.

sune_Gem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 sune_Gem

[QUOTE="sune_Gem"]I was away for 6 months. I thought many here considered that abondining as I popped in and everyone was like "You... You betrayed us! Go back to the shadows you outcast! We want nothing to do with your kind no more!" :lol:kierwinyoung
don't be silly, I don't think things to people like that. coming back is always good. that means you haven't forgotten about us even being away for a long time. :)

How longs a long time?

kierwinyoung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kierwinyoung
How longs a long time?sune_Gem
For me, a "long time" is long when it's like 1 week or maybe even a month. so yes. being away for 6 moths is a very very long for me!
DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DrAwesomeMD
Member since 2007 • 17547 Posts

My interest has been pretty much the same for me. Maybe a little bit more sicne I've been reading fanfiction lately.

Aux99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Aux99
Member since 2011 • 1689 Posts
Lower than last year
sune_Gem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 sune_Gem

Lower than last yearAux99

I admire your honesty.

n33d2skate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 n33d2skate
Member since 2009 • 5069 Posts
Lower than last yearAux99
Same here
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
I'll never get back the initial "OMG THIS SHOW IS SO AWESOME" almost obsessive feeling I had back when I first started watching. My feelings towards the show have definitely changed, but I don't know if 'lessened' is the right word. It's more that my interest has gone in a different direction. And I've gotten too into reading/writing fanfiction to fully lose interest any time soon.
kierwinyoung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 kierwinyoung
I'll never get back the initial "OMG THIS SHOW IS SO AWESOME" almost obsessive feeling I had back when I first started watching. My feelings towards the show have definitely changed, but I don't know if 'lessened' is the right word. It's more that my interest has gone in a different direction. And I've gotten too into reading/writing fanfiction to fully lose interest any time soon. meetroid8
maybe because Season 3 is taking long enough? :P I can wait patiently, if you ask me.
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 meetroid8
[QUOTE="meetroid8"]I'll never get back the initial "OMG THIS SHOW IS SO AWESOME" almost obsessive feeling I had back when I first started watching. My feelings towards the show have definitely changed, but I don't know if 'lessened' is the right word. It's more that my interest has gone in a different direction. And I've gotten too into reading/writing fanfiction to fully lose interest any time soon. kierwinyoung
maybe because Season 3 is taking long enough? :P I can wait patiently, if you ask me.

Maybe, it's possible season 3 will blow me away and get me excited about ponies again. I'm happy with just the fandom for now though.
n33d2skate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 n33d2skate
The fanbase ruins alot of the show for me, especially now when it seems like it's "cool" to be a brony. The show is good, but I can't stand when bronies don't accept the fact that people don't like it. No matter what you say, men liking My Little Pony is different and somewhat strange. If you're a sensible person, you would ignore the haters; not shove your love for the show down their throats with your toys and t-shirts. I guarantee you that bronies will be virtually gone in about a year and a half, maybe less.
Celldrax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Celldrax

The fanbase ruins alot of the show for me, especially now when it seems like it's "cool" to be a brony. The show is good, but I can't stand when bronies don't accept the fact that people don't like it. No matter what you say, men liking My Little Pony is different and somewhat strange. If you're a sensible person, you would ignore the haters; not shove your love for the show down their throats with your toys and t-shirts. I guarantee you that bronies will be virtually gone in about a year and a half, maybe less.n33d2skate

I'm pretty sure that most are fine with others not watching the show. As with everything, the vocal minority are usually the ones that people pay most attention to. And even when it inevitably lessens in popularity, the fanbase has become far too large to disappear all that quickly.

If the fandom does sooner or later obtain relative obscurity, it'll be a much more gradual thing over several years.

Wishful thinking, perhaps. But I'm sure a lot of people just want to focus on the good points and enjoy it for what it is while it lasts... however long that will be.

Celldrax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Celldrax

[QUOTE="kierwinyoung"][QUOTE="meetroid8"]I'll never get back the initial "OMG THIS SHOW IS SO AWESOME" almost obsessive feeling I had back when I first started watching. My feelings towards the show have definitely changed, but I don't know if 'lessened' is the right word. It's more that my interest has gone in a different direction. And I've gotten too into reading/writing fanfiction to fully lose interest any time soon. meetroid8

Maybe, it's possible season 3 will blow me away and get me excited about ponies again. I'm happy with just the fandom for now though.

I'm trying to keep pretty realistic as far as season 3 goes. I mean, obviously I want it to be good. But I don't want to trick myself into thinking it will be the greatest thing since... well, ponies, I guess... Because even if it only turns out to be just "good" for a lot of people, I'm also pretty content with just enjoying the fandom.

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 meetroid8
The fanbase ruins alot of the show for me, especially now when it seems like it's "cool" to be a brony. The show is good, but I can't stand when bronies don't accept the fact that people don't like it. No matter what you say, men liking My Little Pony is different and somewhat strange. If you're a sensible person, you would ignore the haters; not shove your love for the show down their throats with your toys and t-shirts. I guarantee you that bronies will be virtually gone in about a year and a half, maybe less.n33d2skate
The internet seems to be pretty well over the show now. I rarely see arguments between fans and non fans anymore. And I really doubt it'll be gone in less than two years. It's pretty huge, it'll take a while for it to disappear completely.

I'm trying to keep pretty realistic as far as season 3 goes. I mean, obviously I want it to be good. But I don't want to trick myself into thinking it will be the greatest thing since... well, ponies, I guess... Because even if it only turns out to be just "good" for a lot of people, I'm also pretty content with just enjoying the fandom.

Celldrax
I'm not getting especially hyped about it, at least not yet. I know it'll be great, at least as good as Season 2.
sune_Gem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 sune_Gem

[QUOTE="n33d2skate"]The fanbase ruins alot of the show for me, especially now when it seems like it's "cool" to be a brony. The show is good, but I can't stand when bronies don't accept the fact that people don't like it. No matter what you say, men liking My Little Pony is different and somewhat strange. If you're a sensible person, you would ignore the haters; not shove your love for the show down their throats with your toys and t-shirts. I guarantee you that bronies will be virtually gone in about a year and a half, maybe less.meetroid8
The internet seems to be pretty well over the show now. I rarely see arguments between fans and non fans anymore. And I really doubt it'll be gone in less than two years. It's pretty huge, it'll take a while for it to disappear completely.

Well, from deviantART and stuff I see a lot less pictures and interest in it. Even some of the more popular artists have stopped drawing it altogether or have slowed down production to about 25% of what they were previously at.

kierwinyoung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 kierwinyoung

Celldrax

No argument there man. I can relate that with the stuff going on with the other forums I visit.in a Halo thread They said they wouldn't go "OMG! HALO4 can't wait, HALO4 is best game!" like that hyped. the same goes for Season 3 I guess. 

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 meetroid8

[QUOTE="meetroid8"][QUOTE="n33d2skate"]The fanbase ruins alot of the show for me, especially now when it seems like it's "cool" to be a brony. The show is good, but I can't stand when bronies don't accept the fact that people don't like it. No matter what you say, men liking My Little Pony is different and somewhat strange. If you're a sensible person, you would ignore the haters; not shove your love for the show down their throats with your toys and t-shirts. I guarantee you that bronies will be virtually gone in about a year and a half, maybe less.sune_Gem

Well, from deviantART and stuff I see a lot less pictures and interest in it. Even some of the more popular artists have stopped drawing it altogether or have slowed down production to about 25% of what they were previously at.

I think a lot of that has to with the length of this break. We're coming on 5 months of no ponies, hard to keep making fan content with nothing new canon to base it on. We'll see what happens Season 3 finally rolls around, then we can decide whether or not the fandom is really degrading.
n33d2skate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 n33d2skate
If season 3 never happens, I'd be fine with that
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 meetroid8

If season 3 never happens, I'd be fine with thatn33d2skate

I would not.:x

kierwinyoung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 kierwinyoung

Seeing YouTube videos of Anti-My Little Pony with so many dislikes and negative comments; whatever happened to the whole 'Love and Tolerate' moral that bronies reckoned to abide by? It's a TV show, yet people act like it's a whole new religion.

meconate

Yeah, most new bronies see that way. I just see that as words of inspiration, if you ask me. 

The new Bronies are weird and so unlike us old bronies. 

Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Overlord93
I agree, there are a lot of people these days who are a bit pretentious about their liking of the show.
sune_Gem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 sune_Gem

PS: sune_Gem! I'll still continue to stalk you on dA by the way.

meconate

But I log on like once a month, and don't ever contribute anything any more.

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 meetroid8
I agree, there are a lot of people these days who are a bit pretentious about their liking of the show.Overlord93
I think it's been the opposite, I don't see ponies being spammed around on the internet nearly as much as I used to. Seems like most of the more pretentious people have calmed down.
PinkiePirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 PinkiePirate
Member since 2012 • 1973 Posts
Yeah. Nothing has changed. Still love it.
Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Overlord93
Yeah. Nothing has changed. Still love it.PinkiePirate
How long have you been a fan?
PinkiePirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 PinkiePirate
Member since 2012 • 1973 Posts

[QUOTE="PinkiePirate"]Yeah. Nothing has changed. Still love it.Overlord93
How long have you been a fan?

Since September 2011! 

Darksonic666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#42 Darksonic666
Member since 2009 • 3482 Posts

Traitor !!! :P

No I guess I'm not as excited about the show as I used to be but that's because there haven't been any new episodes in awhile.

I haven't lost interest at all just not as excited but I still love the show !!!

Once season 3 rolls around I know I will be as excited as ever !!  

AveryMarx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44 AveryMarx
Member since 2004 • 7843 Posts

I look back on episodes and times spent in this union etc. fondly. I still watch the odd episode now and then.