meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts

Well, Last Game You Played sort of serves the same function. 

E3 12 has been very boring so far. Here's to hoping Nintendo saves the day tomorrow.

Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts

Might as well commandeer this as an E3 2012 thread.

What are peoples favourites so far? I quite like the look of forza horizon, and halo 4.

spawnassasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 spawnassasin
Member since 2006 • 18702 Posts

Ubi and Sony had the best ones this year.

Fundai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Fundai
Member since 2010 • 6120 Posts

Ubisofts was best so far. As usual microsoft stunk. Ea wasn't much better. Sony's was alrigt though it was bassically give EVERYTHING to the Vita. Hope Nintendo can pick it up. My body is Reggie.
Oh, and Watch Dogs.
Can't wait to see more of it.

AveryMarx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 AveryMarx
Member since 2004 • 7843 Posts

What are peoples favourites so far? I quite like the look of forza horizon, and halo 4.

Overlord93

I thought Forza looked good too. Tomb Raider looked crap and I found her annoying.

spawnassasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 spawnassasin

Nintendos was pretty meh
Id rank it
Sony
Ubi
Nintendo
EA
MS

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 meetroid8
No 3DS at Nintendo's conference was a huge disappointement, I guess I'll be waiting until tomorrow's show to see the games I want. Ubisoft's was great, Sony's and Nintendo's were decent, MS/EA were junk.
Celldrax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Celldrax
Member since 2005 • 15053 Posts

I've never payed much attention to any E3. But there's a few games from the list I'm looking foward to.

DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DrAwesomeMD
Member since 2007 • 17547 Posts
I haven't tuned in this year. I'll probably just catch clips of games I'm interested in (pretty much just Halo 4 right now) later.
Aux99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Aux99
Member since 2011 • 1689 Posts
I only saw the sony one. People say that e3 sucked this year so it looks like I didn't miss much
Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Overlord93
ZombiU looks like the most exciting game from all 3 conferences. Shame it's on wiiU so I'll probably never play it.
AveryMarx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AveryMarx

ZombiU looks like the most exciting game from all 3 conferences. Shame it's on wiiU so I'll probably never play it.Overlord93

For me that is one of the selling points of the Wii U. What did you think of Nintendoland... ? :P

Bzilla56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Bzilla56
Member since 2007 • 7091 Posts

I've now seen 4 out of the 5 shows and this ishow I would rate them so far.Sony>Ubisoft>Microsoft>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>EA

Sony: Everything was great. I'm even a bit pumped for Sony Smash bros. Now. Good show. 8.5/10

Ubisoft: another good show, only things that brought it down were Just Dance, the not-so interesting Assassin's Creed 3, and the extremely awkard moments between that female Host and Tobuscus (Both, did a very poor job at hosting, by the way). 7/10

Microsoft: Halo 4, Blacklist, and Tomb Raider all looked great, RE6 had way too many Quick Time Events, that won't settle well with critics or fans, but did look nice and...that's about it. Better than I was expecting, tbh. 5/10

EA- Awful. It was just EA saying "Hey everyone, here's 10 new games, give us your money now!" Dead Space 3 was just painful to look at. I never did care for the series, but what they showed was more like a Bad level in Lost Planet than Dead Space. SimCity did look sorta fun though. That's it. 1.5/10

Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Overlord93

[QUOTE="Overlord93"]ZombiU looks like the most exciting game from all 3 conferences. Shame it's on wiiU so I'll probably never play it.AveryMarx

For me that is one of the selling points of the Wii U. What did you think of Nintendoland... ? :P

Not as good as wonderbook! :P
AveryMarx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 AveryMarx

I have the Sony one left to watch.
With the Ubisoft one dont they at least see if the people that are chosen to host are any good at it? I did like how Aisha kept a flow of chat without pausing all the time and explaining things to us like we were idiots which is what a few people do.

Aux99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Aux99
Member since 2011 • 1689 Posts
watch dogs looks cool
Fundai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Fundai
Here's my ranking:
Nintendo and Ubisoft tie. Ubisoft had a great confrence. Surprisingly so. (Also, it seems they want to sell their souls to Nintendo, which is fine by me :P)
Sony ranks next. It wasn't bad, but there wasn't anything special. The wonderbook kind of killed it for me.
EA, simply because their confrence wasn't as bad as Microsoft.
And Microsoft, as usual, ranks bottom.
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 meetroid8

ZombiU looks like the most exciting game from all 3 conferences. Shame it's on wiiU so I'll probably never play it.Overlord93

I'm very skeptical of that. Losing all of your progress every time you die? Sounds more frustrating than anything else.

Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Overlord93
It emphasises the concept of survival though. Too many zombie games you can just run and gun, or restart checkpoints. Which doesn't accurately convey the idea of surviving a zombie infection very well. I agree, it would suck to get a char really high then lose your stats. But it's that kind of concept that has become quite popular in recent games as it makes everything more tense, and makes you play really cautiously. Plenty of games these days have a no deaths allowed mode, and I think ZombiU will be an interesting take on that.
Fundai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Fundai

[QUOTE="Overlord93"]ZombiU looks like the most exciting game from all 3 conferences. Shame it's on wiiU so I'll probably never play it.meetroid8

I'm very skeptical of that. Losing all of your progress every time you die? Sounds more frustrating than anything else.

I like that kind of game. Because the purpose is to survive. The Purpose of ZombiU isn't to go from check point to check point.
It's why I like ProjectZomboid and Hardcore Minecraft so much.
And aparently it isn't all your progress. You can find your old survivors zombie and get your stuff back, as well as all the things he influenced in the world.
Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Overlord93
Yeah, what he said ^ :P
Fundai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Fundai
It emphasises the concept of survival though. Too many zombie games you can just run and gun, or restart checkpoints. Which doesn't accurately convey the idea of surviving a zombie infection very well. I agree, it would suck to get a char really high then lose your stats. But it's that kind of concept that has become quite popular in recent games as it makes everything more tense, and makes you play really cautiously. Plenty of games these days have a no deaths allowed mode, and I think ZombiU will be an interesting take on that. Overlord93
Yeah, this bassicly. I'm glad games are starting to re-realize the concept of actually losing.:P
n33d2skate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25 n33d2skate
Member since 2009 • 5069 Posts

Overlord93
NAOW!
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 meetroid8

It emphasises the concept of survival though. Too many zombie games you can just run and gun, or restart checkpoints. Which doesn't accurately convey the idea of surviving a zombie infection very well. I agree, it would suck to get a char really high then lose your stats. But it's that kind of concept that has become quite popular in recent games as it makes everything more tense, and makes you play really cautiously. Plenty of games these days have a no deaths allowed mode, and I think ZombiU will be an interesting take on that. Overlord93

I like the conept, but it seems like just the kind of game that'll have me throwing my controller through the screen.

I like that kind of game. Because the purpose is to survive. The Purpose of ZombiU isn't to go from check point to check point.
And aparently it isn't all your progress. You can find your old survivors zombie and get your stuff back, as well as all the things he influenced in the world. Fundai

You lose all your abilities and you survival pack, without my stuff, how am I supposed to go find my old body and get my stuff back without dying? 

Fundai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Fundai

[QUOTE="Overlord93"]It emphasises the concept of survival though. Too many zombie games you can just run and gun, or restart checkpoints. Which doesn't accurately convey the idea of surviving a zombie infection very well. I agree, it would suck to get a char really high then lose your stats. But it's that kind of concept that has become quite popular in recent games as it makes everything more tense, and makes you play really cautiously. Plenty of games these days have a no deaths allowed mode, and I think ZombiU will be an interesting take on that. meetroid8

I like the conept, but it seems like just the kind of game that'll have me throwing my controller through the screen.

And aparently it isn't all your progress. You can find your old survivors zombie and get your stuff back, as well as all the things he influenced in the world. Fundai

You lose all your abilities and you survival pack, without my stuff, how am I supposed to go find my old body and get my stuff back without dying? 

It's part of the fun of the game I guess.
Am I the onlyone that actually enjoys Perma Death in games? :P
kierwinyoung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#28 kierwinyoung
Member since 2010 • 3147 Posts

seems like Halo 4 is getting better, hope to see more Halo 4 updates.

also Dead Space 3 is kinda interesting... y'know co-op campaign.

AveryMarx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 AveryMarx

I want to get in to Dead Space but I dont think I can if they keep on pronouncing my name in that annoying way.

Celldrax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Celldrax

Am I the onlyone that actually enjoys Perma Death in games? :PFundai

Probably :P

I just can't change my mentality regarding survival modes. I just see them as a way of playing where you have no choice but to eventually lose. Pretty much why I've never even liked survival in fighting games. Though I can certainly see the appeal in that type of gameplay.

AveryMarx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 AveryMarx

[QUOTE="Fundai"]
Am I the onlyone that actually enjoys Perma Death in games? :PCelldrax

Probably :P

I just can't change my mentality regarding survival modes. I just see them as a way of playing where you have no choice but to eventually lose. Pretty much why I've never even liked survival in fighting games. Though I can certainly see the appeal in that type of gameplay.

Tempted to Ironman D3? :P Or have you tried already? I think about 35% of all deaths occur in Act I when people play HC.

Celldrax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Celldrax

Tempted to Ironman D3? :P Or have you tried already? I think about 35% of all deaths occur in Act I when people play HC.

AveryMarx

I have never tried Hardcore mode, and frankly, I have no desire to, lol. I'm spending enough time as it is with other characters.

spawnassasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 spawnassasin

[QUOTE="meetroid8"]

[QUOTE="Overlord93"]

[QUOTE="Fundai"]

Am I the onlyone that actually enjoys Perma Death in games? :P

No I love a challenge especially in my video games.

Its one of the reason I didnt enjoy Prey as much, fun game but there were hardly no consequences when you died

Avatar image for MetroidPrimePwn
MetroidPrimePwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#34 MetroidPrimePwn
Member since 2007 • 12399 Posts

Across every press conference, there were five games that I was interested in buying, and only two of them that I was interested in buying new or even close to full price.

I was just shocked by how little GAMEPLAY there was in most of what was being shown off. It seemed like most of the "big name" franchises have adopted the model of "press one button, watch your character do all kinds of cool s*** you don't actually control" as their gameplay philosophy, and I'm not paying $60 for a movie.

Bzilla56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Bzilla56
Member since 2007 • 7091 Posts
Here's an E3 podcast that me and some friends did, for those interested.
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 meetroid8

Across every press conference, there were five games that I was interested in buying, and only two of them that I was interested in buying new or even close to full price.

I was just shocked by how little GAMEPLAY there was in most of what was being shown off. It seemed like most of the "big name" franchises have adopted the model of "press one button, watch your character do all kinds of cool s*** you don't actually control" as their gameplay philosophy, and I'm not paying $60 for a movie.

MetroidPrimePwn

E3 demos try to show the most exciting aspects of the game, and publishers think the most excting parts are the ones that are scripted. 

n33d2skate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 n33d2skate
I just want gameplay without somebody talking THE WHOLE TIME
AveryMarx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 AveryMarx

So who is a fan of QTEs ?

DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DrAwesomeMD
Member since 2007 • 17547 Posts
Eh, I'm not really bothered by QTEs myself.
n33d2skate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 n33d2skate
Xbox Smart Glass? Lolnope.
AveryMarx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 AveryMarx

Xbox Smart Glass? Lolnope.n33d2skate

I dont have an Xbox 360, Smartphone of any kind or a tablet and they said every house hold has one of each!

n33d2skate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 n33d2skate

[QUOTE="n33d2skate"]Xbox Smart Glass? Lolnope.AveryMarx

I dont have an Xbox 360, Smartphone of any kind or a tablet and they said every house hold has one of each!

Neither do I
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 meetroid8
That Nintendo 3DS presentation was great, I need to buy a 3DS right now, just as soon as I find a job.
Avatar image for MetroidPrimePwn
MetroidPrimePwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#44 MetroidPrimePwn
Member since 2007 • 12399 Posts

So Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS) is coming to America and they didn't bother to announce it at any of Nintendo's conferences.

Baffling, but I get mah Fire Emblemz, so it works for me.

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 meetroid8

So Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS) is coming to America and they didn't bother to announce it at any of Nintendo's conferences.

MetroidPrimePwn

Nintendo left a lot of information out of their conference, too busy talking about Nintendo Land and Wii Fit I guess. 

n33d2skate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 n33d2skate
[QUOTE="MetroidPrimePwn"]

meetroid8

Nintendo left a lot of information out of their conference, too busy talking about Nintendo Land and Wii Fit I guess. 

They had a pre-conference conference and post-conference conference
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 meetroid8
[QUOTE="meetroid8"][QUOTE="MetroidPrimePwn"]

n33d2skate

They had a pre-conference conference and post-conference conference

And somehow they still managed to forget about Fire Emblem, P-100, and any information concerning WiiU's new online mode. 

AveryMarx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 AveryMarx

Internet Explorer is coming to Xbox 360!

Oh joy... an internet browser on a console, they are about 7 years late :P

Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Overlord93

AveryMarx
I can't stand browsing the internet without adblock, but I'm sure I'll find some obscure use for it...or maybe not. >_>
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 meetroid8
[QUOTE="AveryMarx"]

Overlord93

I can't stand browsing the internet without adblock, but I'm sure I'll find some obscure use for it...or maybe not. >_>

I can't imagine why anyone would ever use a console for internet browsing anyway.Â