• 124 results
#1 Posted by Aux99 (1689 posts) -

So I thought this deserved its own thread

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/02/mlp-spin-off-series-confirmed-rumor.html

So, ponies as humans. Thoughts?

#2 Posted by Overlord93 (12602 posts) -

Their skin looks kind of creepy, but hopefully that image is not legit.

I'll wait to hear more before I pass any real judgement on it. But the idea could work

#3 Posted by n33d2skate (5069 posts) -
The Dark Ages
#4 Posted by Celldrax (14679 posts) -

Frankly, I just can't bring myself to care about it.

I'm actually feeling kind of annoyed. I've been under the impression that this spin-off is the same sort of thing that Faust wanted to originally do with FiM (the whole action adventure thing). But because Hasbro can't stop sh*tting themselves over having their innocent pony image tarnished... just make a new IP and turn them human! (well, human-ish). Problem solved.

[spoiler] *shrug*

I dunno. I'm trying to care about it, but just... can't.

UrorUfI.jpg

[/spoiler]

#5 Posted by n33d2skate (5069 posts) -
Perfect opportunity to teach about racial equality WASTED
#6 Posted by Aux99 (1689 posts) -

Perfect opportunity to teach about racial equality WASTEDn33d2skate

To be fair, that pic up there isn't confirmed

#7 Posted by -Vulpix- (2380 posts) -
Human Ponies? I think I'm going to pass.
#8 Posted by kierwinyoung (3147 posts) -

Very Interesting, lol, I'm guessing the theme will be the full version of their song Equestria Girls. But let's not judge it by rumors and stuff, I think we need to give 'em a chance.

somehow their skin would be better if it's human colored skins.

and am I the only one who got the feeling that bronies has something to do with it? 

#9 Posted by meetroid8 (21140 posts) -
Apparently this is going to be the movie. The first few minutes will start with them as ponies, then they'll be magically transported to creepy humanized pony high school. Disappointing. At least it won't affect the main series.
#10 Posted by n33d2skate (5069 posts) -
Apparently this is going to be the movie. The first few minutes will start with them as ponies, then they'll be magically transported to creepy humanized pony high school. Disappointing. At least it won't affect the main series. meetroid8
I think it's a spin-off, not a movie
#11 Posted by Aux99 (1689 posts) -

Apparently this is going to be the movie. The first few minutes will start with them as ponies, then they'll be magically transported to creepy humanized pony high school. Disappointing. At least it won't affect the main series. meetroid8

N33d is right. This isn't the movie.

#12 Posted by Celldrax (14679 posts) -

[QUOTE="meetroid8"]Apparently this is going to be the movie. The first few minutes will start with them as ponies, then they'll be magically transported to creepy humanized pony high school. Disappointing. At least it won't affect the main series. Aux99

Yeah. I believe the movie will actually related to FiM and wont have anything to do with the spin-off... or so I'm led to believe.

#13 Posted by Aux99 (1689 posts) -

[QUOTE="Aux99"]

[QUOTE="meetroid8"]Apparently this is going to be the movie. The first few minutes will start with them as ponies, then they'll be magically transported to creepy humanized pony high school. Disappointing. At least it won't affect the main series. Celldrax

Yeah. I believe the movie will actually related to FiM and wont have anything to do with the spin-off... or so I'm led to believe.

Hasbro said that there was a new pony movie and a new ip.

The new ip is equestria girls.

Besides, metroid said that the movie was releasing this fall and equestria girls is supposed to air this spring.

#14 Posted by meetroid8 (21140 posts) -
[QUOTE="meetroid8"]Apparently this is going to be the movie. The first few minutes will start with them as ponies, then they'll be magically transported to creepy humanized pony high school. Disappointing. At least it won't affect the main series. n33d2skate

It's both. The movie leads into a spin off tv show.
#15 Posted by Aux99 (1689 posts) -

[QUOTE="n33d2skate"][QUOTE="meetroid8"]Apparently this is going to be the movie. The first few minutes will start with them as ponies, then they'll be magically transported to creepy humanized pony high school. Disappointing. At least it won't affect the main series. meetroid8

Serious?

#16 Posted by MetroidPrimePwn (12399 posts) -
I can't really describe my levels of "don't want" here, but then I have to remember that I'm not really the target audience for like the whole concept of the show, so I guess I should just consider myself lucky that I have three (soon to be four) seasons of a show I really enjoy.
#17 Posted by n33d2skate (5069 posts) -
[QUOTE="n33d2skate"][QUOTE="meetroid8"]Apparently this is going to be the movie. The first few minutes will start with them as ponies, then they'll be magically transported to creepy humanized pony high school. Disappointing. At least it won't affect the main series. meetroid8

No.
#18 Posted by kierwinyoung (3147 posts) -

The Intro of the TV show is a movie, cool 

#19 Posted by meetroid8 (21140 posts) -
[QUOTE="n33d2skate"][QUOTE="meetroid8"][QUOTE="n33d2skate"] I think it's a spin-off, not a movie

No.

In the announcement video, the guy mentions the new IP and then says, "We're gonna launch it with a made-for-TV movie".
#20 Posted by n33d2skate (5069 posts) -
[QUOTE="meetroid8"][QUOTE="n33d2skate"][QUOTE="meetroid8"][QUOTE="n33d2skate"] I think it's a spin-off, not a movie

No.

In the announcement video, the guy mentions the new IP and then says, "We're gonna launch it with a made-for-TV movie".

Doesn't mean it will lead into the spin-off
#21 Posted by meetroid8 (21140 posts) -
[QUOTE="n33d2skate"][QUOTE="meetroid8"][QUOTE="n33d2skate"] No.

He explicitly said they were launching the new IP (Equestria Girls) with a made for-for-tv-movie. How could the made-for-tv-movie possibly be anything other than Equestria Girls?
#22 Posted by n33d2skate (5069 posts) -
[QUOTE="meetroid8"][QUOTE="n33d2skate"][QUOTE="meetroid8"][QUOTE="n33d2skate"] No.

He explicitly said they were launching the new IP (Equestria Girls) with a made for-for-tv-movie. How could the made-for-tv-movie possibly be anything other than Equestria Girls?

They could launch together, but not tie in.
#23 Posted by meetroid8 (21140 posts) -
[QUOTE="n33d2skate"][QUOTE="meetroid8"][QUOTE="n33d2skate"] Doesn't mean it will lead into the spin-off

They will be two separate shows irregardless. But I believe the tie-in thing was just a rumor. I'm not sure, the person who told me has been right about everything else though.
#24 Posted by n33d2skate (5069 posts) -
[QUOTE="meetroid8"][QUOTE="n33d2skate"][QUOTE="meetroid8"][QUOTE="n33d2skate"] Doesn't mean it will lead into the spin-off

They will be two separate shows irregardless. But I believe the tie-in thing was just a rumor. I'm not sure, the person who told me has been right about everything else though.

Atlas was right
#25 Posted by Celldrax (14679 posts) -

Welp, some official art, by the looks of it (no horns, but they have wings?.....even Twilight?....F*ckin'...).

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/02/business/hasbro-expands-transformers-brand-into-new-media.html?_r=1&

WmrsBxV.jpg

Upon closer inspection, their cutie marks appear to be on a single cheek (of their face, that is...). Oh lawd.

#26 Posted by Aux99 (1689 posts) -
Looks more like anthro.
#27 Posted by n33d2skate (5069 posts) -

Welp, some official art, by the looks of it (no horns, but they have wings?.....even Twilight?....F*ckin'...).

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/02/business/hasbro-expands-transformers-brand-into-new-media.html?_r=1&

WmrsBxV.jpg

Upon closer inspection, their cutie marks appear to be on a single cheek (of their face, that is...). Oh lawd.

Celldrax
Cancer
#28 Posted by meetroid8 (21140 posts) -
Pinkie reminds me of Strawberry Shortcake.
#29 Posted by Celldrax (14679 posts) -

Looks more like anthro. Aux99

Well, they're certainly not human :P

#30 Posted by Aux99 (1689 posts) -

[QUOTE="Aux99"]Looks more like anthro. Celldrax

Well, they're certainly not human :P

Yup. They're anthro.

I was hoping they'd have some good desigsn at least

#31 Posted by kierwinyoung (3147 posts) -
why cheek? not...... never mind :P
#32 Posted by Overlord93 (12602 posts) -

WmrsBxV.jpg

Celldrax
That Rainbow dash...Please god make it stop
#33 Posted by kierwinyoung (3147 posts) -
anyone here ever wondered why they'd give RD skirt? If she flies up, all the guys below will love the view.
#34 Posted by Overlord93 (12602 posts) -
anyone here ever wondered why they'd give RD skirt? If she flies up, all the guys below will love the view.kierwinyoung
Yeah, RD would totally wear shorts if she was a human...thing.
#35 Posted by kierwinyoung (3147 posts) -

[QUOTE="kierwinyoung"]anyone here ever wondered why they'd give RD skirt? If she flies up, all the guys below will love the view.Overlord93

Makes sense for Fluttershy, She's a bad flyer anyway, but RD would be more appropriate if she wears either short or a jogging pants. 

#36 Posted by meetroid8 (21140 posts) -

[QUOTE="Overlord93"][QUOTE="kierwinyoung"]anyone here ever wondered why they'd give RD skirt? If she flies up, all the guys below will love the view.kierwinyoung

Makes sense for Fluttershy, She's a bad flyer anyway, but RD would be more appropriate if she wears either short or a jogging pants. 

Not a whole lot about it makes sense. Looks like she has some sort of shorts under the skirt though.
#37 Posted by kierwinyoung (3147 posts) -
[QUOTE="kierwinyoung"]

[QUOTE="Overlord93"][QUOTE="kierwinyoung"]anyone here ever wondered why they'd give RD skirt? If she flies up, all the guys below will love the view.meetroid8

Not a whole lot about it makes sense. Looks like she has some sort of shorts under the skirt though.

getting the picture know, RD wears a skirt with a Short under it. :| 

#38 Posted by AveryMarx (7843 posts) -

Looks interesting, I would give it a chance. Same VAs?

#39 Posted by meetroid8 (21140 posts) -

kierwinyoung

Well, if she's going to be flying a lot. And heaven forbid the artists differentiate the models a little, or just don't use the exact same one for every character,

AveryMarx

No word on that, but I don't think so. None of the VA's have mentioned working on it. Confirmed that none of the MLP writers are on board though. 

#40 Posted by kierwinyoung (3147 posts) -
let's hope VAs will not mess it up.
#41 Posted by AveryMarx (7843 posts) -

[QUOTE="kierwinyoung"]

meetroid8

Well, if she's going to be flying a lot. And heaven forbid the artists differentiate the models a little, or just don't use the exact same one for every character,

AveryMarx

No word on that, but I don't think so. None of the VA's have mentioned working on it. Confirmed that none of the MLP writers are on board though. 

Could easily be awful then :o

#42 Posted by -Vulpix- (2380 posts) -

Hopefully Princess Luna is not in this. Though I might watch it at least once see if it is actually bad or not, still don't care for the character designs.

#43 Posted by meetroid8 (21140 posts) -

[QUOTE="meetroid8"]

[QUOTE="kierwinyoung"]

[QUOTE="AveryMarx"]

AveryMarx

Could easily be awful then :o

Never mind, it appears the VA's will be working on this now.
#44 Posted by AveryMarx (7843 posts) -

Never mind, it appears the VA's will be working on this now. meetroid8

Oh, ace! :)

#45 Posted by n33d2skate (5069 posts) -

[QUOTE="meetroid8"] Never mind, it appears the VA's will be working on this now. AveryMarx

Still sh*t
#46 Posted by kierwinyoung (3147 posts) -

[QUOTE="meetroid8"] Never mind, it appears the VA's will be working on this now. AveryMarx

one more reason to check it out! 

#47 Posted by n33d2skate (5069 posts) -
I don't think I'll be able to watch this. Ponies are one thing, but this? I wouldn't even respect myself.
#48 Posted by meetroid8 (21140 posts) -
I don't think I'll be able to watch this. Ponies are one thing, but this? I wouldn't even respect myself.n33d2skate
Wasn't the whole deal with FiM that you shouldn't judge a book by its cover? Though, this does look pretty horrid...
#49 Posted by Aux99 (1689 posts) -

[QUOTE="n33d2skate"]I don't think I'll be able to watch this. Ponies are one thing, but this? I wouldn't even respect myself.meetroid8
Wasn't the whole deal with FiM that you shouldn't judge a book by its cover? Though, this does look pretty horrid...

Yeah but this looks like some kinda bratz show for teenage girls or something.

#50 Posted by Celldrax (14679 posts) -

[QUOTE="n33d2skate"]I don't think I'll be able to watch this. Ponies are one thing, but this? I wouldn't even respect myself.meetroid8

I won't pass official judgment until I see one of two episodes (maybe). But yes, RD in particular looks terrible.

It's kind of funny, I actually preferred them in the first picture...