Falcon084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 0

#1 Falcon084
Member since 2009 • 8778 Posts

Gamespot is going to bring about an overhaul of the entire website. If you are thinking "WOOHOO the bugs will be gone." Think again!

Unions: GONE

Video downloads: GONE

friends lists: GONE!

Boring generic website like all the others: YES...

The new version of GS wont allow officers and leaders to kick out trolls, as it wont allow officers and leaders at all. The forums and all we have done to create it wont be ours anymore sad.gif  

I highly sugest making the Union live on on THIS site. it is very good with tones of features you can't find on GS. This way the Union Will live on!

... and I'll have some place to talk to my wonderful GS friends  

Falcon084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Falcon084

SHIVTR FAQ:
Forums
A core communication tool for your guild siteDeeply integrated with permissions, ranks, activities and more

Easy to use BBcode editor for writing postsCompletely customizable structure with sections and subforums

Hold private discussions with members of your guildSend mass messages to everyone from a certain group or rank

Message alliance members across different guildsEasy notifications for new messages in your user status bar

Chat

Chat with your guildmates just as you do in-gameWebSocket enabled for instant chattingSupports emotes and other slash commands

Color-coded channels for nice, game-like display

Polls

Poll your guildmates on the topics that interest youRestrict polls with different view levels for sensitive topicsSupport for voting publicly and privately. Embed polls within forums to enable discussions

Guild News Keep your members up-to-date on your guild's latest exploits

Deeply integrated with permissions, comments and moreDelegate select officers to post through permissions

Atom feeds for easy syndication

Journals Allow your members to post character stories on your siteDeeply integrated with permissions, comments and moreGreat for roleplay guilds!

Media Galleries

Share your in-game footage with image and video galleries!

Easy video integration with YoutubeComment and discuss your favorites

Showcase new media through slideshows, side blocks and activities

ApplicationsEasily customize the form applicants fill out

Review and accept the best applicantsComment and discuss applicants with your officers

Optionally allow applicants to view and comment on their own app
Alliances Form alliances with other guilds using Shivtr

Share features across your sites including events, forums and more!See whose online across all allied sites

Allied permissions allows to control what allies do on your site

Activity Feeds Two types of activity feeds available: site and guildSite activities let you easily see new content added to your siteGuild activities let you easily keep up with in-game changes

Mobile Version Optimized views created specifically for mobile devices

Simplified, touch screen actions menu at the bottom of each page

The option to switch between the mobile and web client at any time

Endless Pagination, allowing you to scroll to load more items

Out of room - cont next post

Falcon084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Falcon084

API

For advanced users/developers, Shivtr includes a REST APIAccess XML and JSON views of (nearly) all data on your siteLogin and perform (nearly) any action directly through our API

Admin Panel

Our Site Admin panel gives you easy access to all your global settingsChanging your game, server, timezone and other options is a breeze 

Set metadata to control how your site appears in search engines
Audit LogThe Audit Log tracks (almost) every action on your siteReview logs to see who created, modified or deleted specific contentSomething accidentally deleted?

The audit log makes recovery easy-mode
Permissions

The most advanced permissions system you'll find anywhere!Choose who can view, use and admin every aspect of your site

Organize permissions into roles to hand out to your membersAssign permission roles to ranks to mimic your in-game guild structure Permissions

Races & Classes Customizable races & classes put you in control 

Choose from preset options for many games or design your own

Create that goblin only guild you always wanted!Deeply integrated - the options you set are used throughout your site

Domain Names

Freedom to choose any URL you wish for your siteChange your URL anytime you like from your Site Admin panel

Select any .shivtr.com subdomain that is available... or use any full domain name you own

Themes

Select from a large variety of official, pre-made themesCreate your own design with our easy-to-use theme editor

Browse the hundreds of themes created by our awesome communityDress up your site for Halloween and other holidays!  Theme EditorCraft your own theme with our full-featured theme editor

Offers everything you need to make an amazing, unique designLoad any official or public theme and change it anyway you like LayoutOur layout tools let you choose the content important to your communityChoose from over 70 blocks for your home page and side columns

Select from shoutboxes, slideshows, twitter, ventrilo and more!Easily re-arrange your blocks layout with drag-and-drop  Branding

Add a favicon to your site (used in browser tabs & bookmarks)

Control how your site appears in search engines with metatagsControl how your site appears on Shivtr from your site admin

Noteldnep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4 Noteldnep
Member since 2005 • 20170 Posts
I'll inform ArmoredCore of this site you listed, he wants this union to live on and I agree with you that it would be best for the overall community if it was recreated there in some form. Hopefully everyone here will migrate over to there.
lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

I'll inform ArmoredCore of this site you listed, he wants this union to live on and I agree with you that it would be best for the overall community if it was recreated there in some form. Hopefully everyone here will migrate over to there.Noteldnep

I've been thinking about joining that site, though I don't want to make a new account at a new website if I don't have too. Was this Union going to be brought to the front page like some of the others?

Also, I think it'd be a good idea to sticky this thread so it'll be at the top.

Noteldnep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#6 Noteldnep
Member since 2005 • 20170 Posts
I've been thinking about joining that site, though I don't want to make a new account at a new website if I don't have too. Was this Union going to be brought to the front page like some of the others?

Also, I think it'd be a good idea to sticky this thread so it'll be at the top.

lensflare15

Well, we can do a voting on it as a union. I'll let you guys decide its fate since you will be the returning members of it. :)

And yeah, I'll do that since this is big news regarding GS.Â