kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 kinetic-core
Member since 2006 • 9423 Posts

NOTE: Fanboy/girl comments are not allowed. Poster will be dealt with accordingly.

Final Fantasy XIII remains an exclusive to the Sony next-gen console, but the sales figures aren't getting much higher. All FF titles enjoy Platinum sales figures through the very first months, will this affect Final Fantasy's "record"?

angelbless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#2 angelbless
Member since 2003 • 8475 Posts
In some fact it will, but I think some of the effects still some from the high price of the PS3 and I think the HUGE diverdification of teh games that the are going to release. So much games for to less time steals a part the emotion :?
gilbertus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 gilbertus
Member since 2003 • 452 Posts
Will it affect its succes? I dont think so, a lot of people are just waiting for more exclusives to be released to buy the PS3, and i belive FFXIII and MGS4 will drive a lot more people into buying the machine, and in the end it will be a succes :). The PS3 has had a rough start but things will shape up ^^
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

In some fact it will, but I think some of the effects still some from the high price of the PS3 and I think the HUGE diverdification of teh games that the are going to release. So much games for to less time steals a part the emotion :?angelbless

Yeah, I have no where near 500-600$, so getting the PS3 is going to be something really difficult for me, and I don't have a job of any sort.  I may get a PS3 if I do manage to get the necessary amount of money, and if there are enough games that catch my interest, other than Final Fantasy XIII (as much of a Final Fantasy fan I am, I don't know if I'd want to spend 500-600$ to play one really good game). 

angelbless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 angelbless

[QUOTE="angelbless"]In some fact it will, but I think some of the effects still some from the high price of the PS3 and I think the HUGE diverdification of teh games that the are going to release. So much games for to less time steals a part the emotion :?DJ-Lafleur

Yeah, I have no where near 500-600$, so getting the PS3 is going to be something really difficult for me, and I don't have a job of any sort. I may get a PS3 if I do manage to get the necessary amount of money, and if there are enough games that catch my interest, other than Final Fantasy XIII (as much of a Final Fantasy fan I am, I don't know if I'd want to spend 500-600$ to play one really good game).

Yes tahta was soemting i was thinking , but then i remember MGS4, DMC4, GOW3 and all the second or third season´s games. Anyway if PS3 wont drop to 350$us or less I dont think I will buy it:cry: Even with the job I had I wouldnt be able to pay for it without having to stop eating for months :?

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DJ-Lafleur
[QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"]

[QUOTE="angelbless"]In some fact it will, but I think some of the effects still some from the high price of the PS3 and I think the HUGE diverdification of teh games that the are going to release. So much games for to less time steals a part the emotion :?angelbless

Yeah, I have no where near 500-600$, so getting the PS3 is going to be something really difficult for me, and I don't have a job of any sort. I may get a PS3 if I do manage to get the necessary amount of money, and if there are enough games that catch my interest, other than Final Fantasy XIII (as much of a Final Fantasy fan I am, I don't know if I'd want to spend 500-600$ to play one really good game).

Yes tahta was soemting i was thinking , but then i remember MGS4, DMC4, GOW3 and all the second or third season´s games. Anyway if PS3 wont drop to 350$us or less I dont think I will buy it:cry: Even with the job I had I wouldnt be able to pay for it without having to stop eating for months :?

well...if you want one so badly, then just stop eating for months.  Supermodels can pull it off, so you should be able to, as well!:)

And I can't imagine the PS3 ever dropping to 350$, at least not in the near future.

angelbless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 angelbless

well...if you want one so badly, then just stop eating for months. Supermodels can pull it off, so you should be able to, as well!:)

And I can't imagine the PS3 ever dropping to 350$, at least not in the near future.

DJ-Lafleur

Well... yes.. but ew all know ths consequences in models :(......Yip no dropping price in the short future :cry: 

Avatar image for TheForgotten0ne
TheForgotten0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TheForgotten0ne
Member since 2007 • 3759 Posts
Well, YES! If the game will stay only on the PS3, it will. If the PS3 only sold 100 copies the game would go right down...:P
Darmi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Darmi
Member since 2004 • 5562 Posts
Well they've cleverly released 6 games at the same time so they can multiply their sales by 6.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 fs_metal
Member since 2005 • 25711 Posts
If anything, FFXIII will effect PS3 sales
STK3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 STK3000
Member since 2005 • 2790 Posts
As Darmi said Square have anticipated the effects of the Next-Gen "console wars" so they have opened the market to lots of platforms with lots of games to counter act this possibility of decreased sucess
jebanchalista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jebanchalista
Member since 2003 • 96 Posts
FFXIII won't be released this year (as far as we know), so that gives the PS3 a lot of time to get themselves off store shelves. They may be a price drop or something special during the holiday season, and they must do something to distract people from halo 3 buzz thats going around. Seeing as how the price drop of the PSP didn't really affect its overall sales, that situation won't motivate Sony to make a price cut on the PS3 any time soon. But like someone said, FFXIII, MGS4, Killzone 2 , Ratchet and clank, heavenly sword, etc. will boost the sales of the PS3, no doubt there. Sony has a killer line of games coming out and they're all highly anticipated!
Avatar image for TheForgotten0ne
TheForgotten0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TheForgotten0ne
Member since 2007 • 3759 Posts
If anything, FFXIII will effect PS3 salesfs_metal
Amen, well thats quite obvious:P
Avatar image for ThisisMurderous
ThisisMurderous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#14 ThisisMurderous
Member since 2006 • 1599 Posts
No, I think FFXIII will effect PS3 sales.
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DJ-Lafleur

Well they've cleverly released 6 games at the same time so they can multiply their sales by 6.Darmi

Great, just what I wanted, too many choices:?.

eztarg8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 eztarg8
Member since 2004 • 5813 Posts

[QUOTE="Darmi"]Well they've cleverly released 6 games at the same time so they can multiply their sales by 6.DJ-Lafleur

Great, just what I wanted, too many choices:?.

Maybe if they waited 90hrs so i finish one then sell the next one.
angelbless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 angelbless
Too much games for some many time, I think its great but in some point it will steal part of the emotion of waiting for news about the upcoming FF games :(
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DJ-Lafleur

Too much games for some many time, I think its great but in some point it will steal part of the emotion of waiting for news about the upcoming FF games :(angelbless

and steal our $$$ on top of that:cry:

X-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 X-7
Member since 2006 • 1934 Posts

To help the sucess and hurt Sony. (I love the PS3 don't get me wrong. This is a tactical standpoint for SE and Microsoft.)

Releasing it on 360 and PS3 would boost sells. (I would be able to get it.) This would help SE.

Since it is STILL open platform. (Last time I checked Sony had NOT secured it as an exclusive.) Microsoft could get a deal for the 360. (This would deal yet another blow to the PS3, who is already limping a little bit.)

This overall would be a good thing for FF. More sells and less of a connection to one company would help SE. Think of how greedy they are anyway. Multi-platform=Money Money=Happiness Multi-platform+Money=HappySEw/Money

X-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 X-7

FFXIII won't be released this year (as far as we know), so that gives the PS3 a lot of time to get themselves off store shelves. They may be a price drop or something special during the holiday season, and they must do something to distract people from halo 3 buzz thats going around. Seeing as how the price drop of the PSP didn't really affect its overall sales, that situation won't motivate Sony to make a price cut on the PS3 any time soon. But like someone said, FFXIII, MGS4, Killzone 2 , Ratchet and clank, heavenly sword, etc. will boost the sales of the PS3, no doubt there. Sony has a killer line of games coming out and they're all highly anticipated!jebanchalista

SRY about dbl. post! Did'nt see this.

Agree- They won't be motivated for a price drop. Heck, they are chucking they 20GB and coming out with a more expensive one. (Though I did take advantage of the PSP price drop.)

Disagree- Ratchet and Clank, though a big game for PS, it was'nt Halo. (SRY could not think of a game comparable.) Heavenly Sword is not DMC or God of War, yet. (Remember the original Genji was supposed to be awesome.) Killzone, did not get good ratings(don't know about sells.) Plus, has'nt Sony lied to us before with Killzone. Just because Phil Harrison says "It is surpassing expectations." Does not mean a thing. Also, remember PS3 has loss a lot of exclusives. GTA4, DMC4, Assasins Creed, just to name a few. They are losing Capcom support, Dead Rising, RE5, Lost Planet, and DMC4. (Those are some of my favorite games there.)

Question- Is'nt MGS4 still "open" as far as exclusivity? Could'nt MS come in and gain rights?

I hate to say it. I don't think a few good games are gonna save a system that is expensive in the public eye and has also lost some high profile exclusives. The PS3 is, in my opinion, a mistake in research, marketing, and planning. I hate to say it, and I really do, but Sony may have suffered a large blow with the PS3. I do think that they will however have a PS4, due to the sucess of the PS2. But, they will feel a bit of a sting.

angelbless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 angelbless

[QUOTE="jebanchalista"]FFXIII won't be released this year (as far as we know), so that gives the PS3 a lot of time to get themselves off store shelves. They may be a price drop or something special during the holiday season, and they must do something to distract people from halo 3 buzz thats going around. Seeing as how the price drop of the PSP didn't really affect its overall sales, that situation won't motivate Sony to make a price cut on the PS3 any time soon. But like someone said, FFXIII, MGS4, Killzone 2 , Ratchet and clank, heavenly sword, etc. will boost the sales of the PS3, no doubt there. Sony has a killer line of games coming out and they're all highly anticipated!X-7

SRY about dbl. post! Did'nt see this.

Agree- They won't be motivated for a price drop. Heck, they are chucking they 20GB and coming out with a more expensive one. (Though I did take advantage of the PSP price drop.)

Disagree- Ratchet and Clank, though a big game for PS, it was'nt Halo. (SRY could not think of a game comparable.) Heavenly Sword is not DMC or God of War, yet. (Remember the original Genji was supposed to be awesome.) Killzone, did not get good ratings(don't know about sells.) Plus, has'nt Sony lied to us before with Killzone. Just because Phil Harrison says "It is surpassing expectations." Does not mean a thing. Also, remember PS3 has loss a lot of exclusives. GTA4, DMC4, Assasins Creed, just to name a few. They are losing Capcom support, Dead Rising, RE5, Lost Planet, and DMC4. (Those are some of my favorite games there.)

Question- Is'nt MGS4 still "open" as far as exclusivity? Could'nt MS come in and gain rights?

I hate to say it. I don't think a few good games are gonna save a system that is expensive in the public eye and has also lost some high profile exclusives. The PS3 is, in my opinion, a mistake in research, marketing, and planning. I hate to say it, and I really do, but Sony may have suffered a large blow with the PS3. I do think that they will however have a PS4, due to the sucess of the PS2. But, they will feel a bit of a sting.

Sony will truly see the consequences of its decision. they already had :P droping the price in Japan cause of Koname adn SquareEnix demand. Anyway tahts the price they are risking for building a new console and biding for new technology. I agree it was an startegic mistake, but we eill have to see until the end of this year or maybe the next one to see who wins this new gen console battle :? 

X-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 X-7
I hope they make it through. The reason I got a 360 (besides my friends having them) was because the PS3 was very slow with sells and new releases. I love Ratchet and SOCOM. And of course FF. But, like I said I think it IS open platform if microsoft wants it.
IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#23 IpodHero176
Member since 2006 • 16952 Posts
I think it will. Since most people don't have a PS3 because of the price, not many people will buy XIII. What they should do is make a $100 price drop when FFXIII comes out.
angelbless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 angelbless
a 100$ price dop could really mean an option for Sony,they will have to really proycect its earnigs, and costs. Anyway they have one year to think on it:P
Avatar image for the_winner30030
the_winner30030

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 the_winner30030
Member since 2006 • 74 Posts
hmmm.. take the factors in atm tho... u are saying the ps3 isnt doing very well... well first of all atm nothing is motivating me to buy one. All the games that i would want wont come out until next year. So the sales may improve according to when most of the games are realeased. Example most games are comming out next year so sales may improve. Also the prices are supposed to drop again next year on the PS3. Plus you cant say u arnt interested to see what they could preform on a ps3. you have to be wondering a little bit right? Considerin it does have the best specs out of all 3 systems. :) cant wait to see what FF is like now.
duncanr2n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 duncanr2n
Member since 2003 • 2449 Posts

I think that FFXIII will do fine in terms of sales.  It will most likely boost the sale of the PS3, and I would venture a guess that a large chunk of the current PS3 owners are planning to get FFXIII.  PS3 has already sold over 3 million this in a market where it is competing against two lower priced competitors.  So I don't think that Sony is really doing as bad as the media outlets would lead you to believe.  It's kinda popular to bash the big kid, (MS takes it all the time with it's OS) and Sony is the big kid coming out of the last race.

Is the PS3 really that overpriced?  I don't think so.

PS3 60GB $600
HDMI cable $50
Out the door cost $650

That gives me wireless access, bluetooth controller, HD movies, free online access, and of course games (with a large collection of BC games)

So now I go pick up a 360

360 Elite $480
1 year online $50
Out the door cost $530

So yes the 360 is cheaper (except the online would continue over time adding $50 a year), but I don't have all the features of the PS3 so if I want to make them comparable:

360 Elite $480
1 year online $50
HD-DVD player $200
Wireless connector $100
Out the door cost $830

Holy smokes! $830! Even if you drop the wireless you are still looking at $730.  Basically, what I'm trying to say is that I don't think Sony made a bad decision, they just have a different approach.  Microsoft allows you to get into HD-gaming but pricing their cosole lower, and adding features as you go, (though some items are a bit pricey, I mean come on MS, $100 for a 20GB drive?).  Sony however, is going with the big-bang approach, they are saying, here is everything you need to have a single home entertainment device, all in one package, and you won't need to buy any add-ons.

Coming back around to the OT, I think more and more people will begin to realize the value they are getting, and once Sony releases the Home functionality for PS3 (the Sims-like interface) that will become very popular, especially among teens and twenties, (assuming they are able to pull it of).  All of this will help drive sales, along with the release of games like GT, FFXIII, Ratchet & Clank, MGS4, SOCOM, Folklore, Drake's Fortune, and many others.

Utimately, I think FFXIII will help drive PS3 sales, and that FFXIII will be a success, if it maintains the same quality as it predecessors.

P.S. I'm not a Sony fanboy, I'm just sick of people bashing the PS3 (not that anyone here did that) without really thinking about what they are saying.  I own all three last gen consoles and I own a 360 now (with a PS3 purchase coming in the very near future)

angelbless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 angelbless
Really great info duncan!!!
maniamsmart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 maniamsmart
Member since 2006 • 12069 Posts
[QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"]

[QUOTE="angelbless"]In some fact it will, but I think some of the effects still some from the high price of the PS3 and I think the HUGE diverdification of teh games that the are going to release. So much games for to less time steals a part the emotion :?angelbless

agreed with u there buddy i mean they should lower at least to 300 - 350 who wants to buy a game console for 500 - 600 dollars i mean come on the sales of FFXIII will be affected by the way.