The Union's Official Off-Topic Thread: Happy 7 Years!!!

maa4208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#151 maa4208
Member since 2004 • 14543 Posts
Just stay available kinetic. ;) :lol: :P I don't even have Sam's phone #. :| You'll never know what'll happen.
ZhenDash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 ZhenDash
Member since 2006 • 1483 Posts
Now that's one courage I don't even have :(
kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#153 kinetic-core
Member since 2006 • 9423 Posts
Just stay available kinetic. ;) :lol: :P I don't even have Sam's phone #. :| You'll never know what'll happen. maa4208
for a moment, i was quite stunned. Sam, lol. You may not believe it, but Sam is a very special name to me too. :lol:
FinalHorror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#154 FinalHorror
Member since 2004 • 3591 Posts
Okey i use this thread to say:

I'm back and i miss you all. I guess i can say more but i have a question. Can someone fill me in with what have happend here now?
kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 kinetic-core
great.. you're back. wow, you must have a crappy internet connection :P lols. anyways, Ms FF is almost over :? And, we have a few number of new topics that you've missed, and do read the news if you're trying to get the latest FF that's going on in the world :D Which is, quite a lot. And most importantly.. FFXII WILL BE OUT TOMORROW!!!!!!! YAY!!! :D And happy halloween
FinalHorror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 FinalHorror
I know that FFXII is out tomorrow:D I LOVE it! I do not get it, it comes out tomorrow. But how long do i have to wait before it come to Norway?
maa4208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 maa4208
Sadly, it doesn't go to Norway. Everywhere but Norway. :lol: :P Just kidding! Actually, I am not sure. I thought sometime in Spring in 2007, but anyone's guess is a good as mine.
FinalHorror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 FinalHorror
Yeah found some news about it...they are sayin Q1 2007...Sad:(
maa4208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 maa4208

Hey, I was right! :D It is Spring 2007!

Edit: OMG! I forgot to say that I got Sam's phone # today! :D:D:D

Aginor_27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 Aginor_27
Member since 2006 • 34 Posts
howdy all just joined the union so  figured posting here would be best :D so...um hi!
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#161 fs_metal
Member since 2005 • 25711 Posts
Anyone play FEAR?
kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 kinetic-core

Anyone play FEAR?fs_metal

Looks like no one plays FEAR. I don't play it, that's one thing. I can' t even touch Doom. Anything in the scary league, please leave me out :|

By the way, i think the header image for this website is really cute :P Look at Squall's puzzled look on his face, staring at Sephy's behaviour :lol:

Darmi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 Darmi
Member since 2004 • 5562 Posts
I played the demo for Xbox 360 and was massively disappointed. Maybe it is better on PC but I can't be bothered to try it out now.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 fs_metal
I haven't played it on the 360, but I own it for PC and it is not disappointing. The enemy AI is the best ever. They are alot of fun to fight against. The game is really really creepy and has a fantastic atmosphere. Graphically, it is very good
ZhenDash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 ZhenDash
I wonder what made that PS3 launch title "Resistance: Fall of Man" did have a great score on Famitsu when all FPS should be on the PC because of the innovative controls that Half Life has GREATLY contributed on the FPS genre.
yuffiestrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 yuffiestrife
Member since 2006 • 352 Posts
i have only played on the demo i didnt think that it was that bad
Avatar image for The1-thtgotaway
The1-thtgotaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 The1-thtgotaway
Member since 2006 • 5853 Posts
I finally got my FFXII on Sunday, but I didn't play it yet because I had to beat Shadow of the Colossus, but I'am going to play it tomorrow and I can't wait.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 fs_metal
SotC is amazing. Brilliant game
kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 kinetic-core

i had to choose between SotC and God of War before. I chose God of War, so i didn't get SotC. I guess i will get it sometime soon :P Heard great things about it. And, i'm gonna say something to irritate everyone.

I just got my FFXII Collectors' Edition today! :D:D:D:D..........:D

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 fs_metal

i had to choose between SotC and God of War before. I chose God of War, so i didn't get SotC. I guess i will get it sometime soon :P Heard great things about it. And, i'm gonna say something to irritate everyone.

kinetic-core
Do yourself a favor and be sure to pick up Shadow of the Colossus. A truely unique and beautiful gaming experience. Do not buy the strat guide. If you read that, it will ruin the fun of figuring out how to kill each beast
kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 kinetic-core
Okay! I'll get it... provided i can find it in a local store. I believe, it's a pretty old game, eh? Released quite a few years back.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 fs_metal
No. It was released about a year ago
kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 kinetic-core
No. It was released about a year agofs_metal
right... not a few years, just a year. But the thing is, the local stores hardly even keep games that are already a few months old. maybe i'll have to get it through ebay or something, hope i can fetch a good price.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 fs_metal
The game isn't too rare. We are not talking about Digital Devil Saga here (which I FINALLy found after months of searching today. I had to buy it). It should go for a decent price. Used, it would run ou about 17 USD in Gamestop
ZhenDash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 ZhenDash
Unfortunately, I only have the regular edition of Final Fantasy XII ordered and I still don't have it. I canceled my pre-order of my Collector's Edition from the other site that I ordered. As for rare games, I manage to complete the Shadow Hearts series despite of it's rarity. And I found a copy of ZOE2 at a shopping mall here for an inflated price of $65 (converted from Philippine peso) :(
The1-thtgotaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 The1-thtgotaway

kinetic-core
Hey, have you played it yet, I have one question if you did is it no other way to attack faster without getting beat up?
kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 kinetic-core
Hey, have you played it yet, I have one question if you did is it no other way to attack faster without getting beat up?The1-thtgotaway
hmm... actually, i've beat the Japanese version :D So, feel free to ask any questions :P No other way to attack faster.... hmm, i'm not quite sure what you meant. But, there is an upgrade later in the license grid, allowing you to "cut action time by 10%". Not a lot, eh? lol. Rely on the Gambits! I think you're getting beaten up simply because of your gambits settings. Do something about it lol :lol:
The1-thtgotaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 The1-thtgotaway
[QUOTE="The1-thtgotaway"]Hey, have you played it yet, I have one question if you did is it no other way to attack faster without getting beat up?kinetic-core
hmm... actually, i've beat the Japanese version :D So, feel free to ask any questions :P No other way to attack faster.... hmm, i'm not quite sure what you meant. But, there is an upgrade later in the license grid, allowing you to "cut action time by 10%". Not a lot, eh? lol. Rely on the Gambits! I think you're getting beaten up simply because of your gambits settings. Do something about it lol :lol:

Oh OK :) It's my first time :oops:
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 fs_metal
That or you might not be leveling up enough. Keep in mind that this game is significantly more challenging than previous incarnations of FF
kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 kinetic-core

That or you might not be leveling up enough. Keep in mind that this game is significantly more challenging than previous incarnations of FFfs_metal

:D tee heex... levelling doesn't really help much i believe. One level up gives a few percentage increase in HP and MP levels, and nothing else. No adding of atk, def, magic, etc stats.

If you're havin trouble in the game with certain enemies, i woud say that you're UNDER-LICENSED, not under-leveled, lol. That, because most of the upgrading of stats can be done through the license board, and your atk/def/magic stats only increase with the weapons/equipment you have. And you need to get licenses for better weapons/equipment. lol.

P.S: And why are we talking about Final Fantasy in an off-topic thread ?? :? we can't resist sometimes, lol 

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 fs_metal

[QUOTE="fs_metal"]That or you might not be leveling up enough. Keep in mind that this game is significantly more challenging than previous incarnations of FFkinetic-core

:D tee heex... levelling doesn't really help much i believe. One level up gives a few percentage increase in HP and MP levels, and nothing else. No adding of atk, def, magic, etc stats.

If you're havin trouble in the game with certain enemies, i woud say that you're UNDER-LICENSED, not under-leveled, lol. That, because most of the upgrading of stats can be done through the license board, and your atk/def/magic stats only increase with the weapons/equipment you have. And you need to get licenses for better weapons/equipment. lol.

P.S: And why are we talking about Final Fantasy in an off-topic thread ?? :? we can't resist sometimes, lol

It helps alot more than you think. Level up 2 or 3 times. Try to beat Judge Ghis with a level 10 party. It is hard. Try to beat him with a level 13 party. It is managable. Only 3 levels of difference
kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 kinetic-core
hey! i beat him at lvl 13 too! lol. With top notch equipment :P 3 levels is quite a lot of hp if i have to say. Still, i rather spend time killin more monsters for more LP, than spend more time killin massive monsters to get more exp. But, it all helps if you just don't run away from any enemy. You'll get the correct amount of LP and EXP for that certain part of the game. Of course, leveling is important, there's no way i could have beaten Yazmat if i were lvl 90 and below lol.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 fs_metal
I have been spending alot of time on the Lhusu Mines for the sole purpose of gaining LP
The1-thtgotaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 The1-thtgotaway
That or you might not be leveling up enough. Keep in mind that this game is significantly more challenging than previous incarnations of FFfs_metal
Nah, it's not that I just started and I am a leveling up freak so hopefully that'll improve, so I mean I am not in the middle or anything I am in the very beginning.
kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 kinetic-core
I have been spending alot of time on the Lhusu Mines for the sole purpose of gaining LPfs_metal
:| Try getting into a mob hunt or something. I think there's something for you to kill there. For one, i didn't spend time doing mass leveling or LP-hunting until i got to uhh....somewhere much later in the game [location not to be disclosed for fear of spoilers]. I think i spent too much time on chocobos, skipped quite a number of maps without killin any monsters.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 fs_metal
You deffinitely have to level in this one man, It is a challenge
kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 kinetic-core

You deffinitely have to level in this one man, It is a challengefs_metal

it isn't too difficult after which you can get a double exp item. It's just that i'll have to get rid of the Thief's Cuffs [bye bye rare steals...] just so i can equip the character with the double exp accessory. Since LP and EXP are so essentially important in this game, this is what i do.

I equip the three field characters with the double exp accessory, and i equip the Reserve Party [the other three not on the field] with the Double LP accessory. Everytime the three gain a level, i switch in the Reserve Party and exchange the accessories. This way, all my characters are evenly leveled and licensed. There's no certain character that's much stronger than the other or anything.

Guess, this is the experience i got after getting thrashed in the Japanese version. lol. I've learnt to do well in the English version.

Hey, and don't you actually realize we're STILL talking about Final Fantasy in the Off-Topic thread?? :?

maa4208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 maa4208

My God people. :| Going off topic in the off topic thread. :| Classic. :P (To see the OT thread as how I see it is anything other than the main theme of the union. So, talking about FF in the Off Topic Thread in a FF union is off topic.)

Well, does anyone want to know what is going on in my life? (To go back on topic in the Off topic thread. :? :P)

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 fs_metal

[QUOTE="fs_metal"]You deffinitely have to level in this one man, It is a challengekinetic-core

it isn't too difficult after which you can get a double exp item. It's just that i'll have to get rid of the Thief's Cuffs [bye bye rare steals...] just so i can equip the character with the double exp accessory. Since LP and EXP are so essentially important in this game, this is what i do.

I equip the three field characters with the double exp accessory, and i equip the Reserve Party [the other three not on the field] with the Double LP accessory. Everytime the three gain a level, i switch in the Reserve Party and exchange the accessories. This way, all my characters are evenly leveled and licensed. There's no certain character that's much stronger than the other or anything.

Guess, this is the experience i got after getting thrashed in the Japanese version. lol. I've learnt to do well in the English version.

Hey, and don't you actually realize we're STILL talking about Final Fantasy in the Off-Topic thread?? :?

Anything goes in an off topic thread, I suppose
Darmi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 Darmi
My God people. :| Going off topic in the off topic thread. :|maa4208
I'm usually the one who says that. How can people talk about FF in here when they could just make a new topic? Crazy :P So what's going on in your life then?
maa4208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 maa4208
[QUOTE="Darmi"]I'm usually the one who says that. How can people talk about FF in here when they could just make a new topic? Crazy :P So what's going on in your life then?

Well, remember in my latest blog how I was all depressed and stuff? Well, Sam kissed me again on Thursday. I swear I don't understand her, or girls for that matter. Anyone have a clue? I sure as hell don't.
The1-thtgotaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 The1-thtgotaway
[QUOTE="Darmi"]I'm usually the one who says that. How can people talk about FF in here when they could just make a new topic? Crazy :P So what's going on in your life then?maa4208
Well, remember in my latest blog how I was all depressed and stuff? Well, Sam kissed me again on Thursday. I swear I don't understand her, or girls for that matter. Anyone have a clue? I sure as hell don't.

Really I am a girl and I don't know why, maybe she's lonely, but then again that's still weird :? I'm confused, forget it.
maa4208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 maa4208
It's not like I don't like her. I really do. Maybe she does have feelings for me. More than I thought. Maybe she is moving away from Nick. I just don't understand. Well, should guys understand girls? It's an enigma. :P
kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 kinetic-core
There are things called "friendly kisses". I know the Western community is really open about this. Seeing a guy and girl kiss in the local streets, everyone will stare at the pair like they were freaks. But, mike, don't get your hopes too high. Sometimes, the more you hope, the harder you fall. Still, keep going. Don't isolate yourself, and you'll get an answer in due time. Don't try to know girls. Not all girls are the same. Knowing one doesn't mean you'll know all of them. It's the same for us girls trying to understand what guys think. Still, we do our best, just trying to know that one person we have to really know about.
The1-thtgotaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 The1-thtgotaway

It's not like I don't like her. I really do. Maybe she does have feelings for me. More than I thought. Maybe she is moving away from Nick. I just don't understand. Well, should guys understand girls? It's an enigma. :Pmaa4208
Just be patient, she's probably dying inside just like you, so wait but keep it cool don't pressure her because you'll push her away.

kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 kinetic-core
Is the PS3 region free? Or rather, are the games region free? Japan PS3 can play US games? And US PS3 can play Japan games? I'm caught... i can get the Japanese PS3 for a much much cheaper price than the US set. But i don't know what games the japanese and the US PS3 sets can play... :(
ZhenDash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 ZhenDash
The actual PS3 games are region free but on their backwards compatinbility are not. Sooooo... My plans for getting a copy of Final Fantasy X Interntational has failed :cry: :cry: :cry: 
Darmi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 Darmi
Sony PlayStation 3 Fund: S$ 100 / S$ 1600kinetic-core
Seriously, just get a 360 instead :P
kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 kinetic-core
damn it darmi.... the font size was size 8... you read the sig instead of the post. :evil: Really? ZD?That means i can get the Japanese PS3 then, since it's region free. It costs at least 1/3 cheaper than the US import PS3. :shock: The 360 costs just a S$1000 cheaper, at a price of S$660. There must be some trade off, like, no Final Fantasy, no Metal Gear, no many other things. Might as well wait for a price drop for the PS3, and then i'll end up saving enough money before schedule.
ZhenDash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 ZhenDash
I just started saving for a PS3 right now since it's really not a recomendation to get one right now because of the limited supply, launch titles, and some bugged systems. I'll just buy it when the time is right, the released of games like Metal Gear Solid 4, Devil May Cry 4, and Final Fantasy XIII of courseÂ