The Union's Official Off-Topic Thread: Happy 7 Years!!!

#1 Posted by kinetic-core (9423 posts) -

Okay, anything off-topic goes here :)

Can i ask,

Is Guild Wars Factions worth getting?

never mind, i just ordered mine.

#2 Posted by maa4208 (14543 posts) -
I suggest that we leave this OT Thread open, past 500 posts. We can give the thread new titles every 500 posts. What do you say?
#3 Posted by FinalHorror (3591 posts) -
didn't get all that:P lolz, but think you ment, we give THE OT thread new names every time we make a new one? And we let on thread go to 500posts?
#4 Posted by kinetic-core (9423 posts) -
hmm..... i don't really get you. :oops: actually, i was thinking if i can actually leave the other thread open, since it isn't a rule or anything. :P
#5 Posted by FinalHorror (3591 posts) -
That can be an idea...but i like the idea that we have a new thread after 500 posts and we give it kinda names...Not sure what...but i think we should say: The Union's Off-Topic Thread Version III and not 3 and the next one IV and so on...;)
#6 Posted by The1-thtgotaway (5853 posts) -
So since there is a ps3 delay in Europe, whoever lives in europe here, would this affect you and your obtaining FFXIII?
#7 Posted by FinalHorror (3591 posts) -
I
So since there is a ps3 delay in Europe, whoever lives in europe here, would this affect you and your obtaining FFXIII?The1-thtgotaway
The delay pissed me off:evil: I didn't focus when i found out..I were just pissed off:@
#8 Posted by Darmi (5562 posts) -
So since there is a ps3 delay in Europe, whoever lives in europe here, would this affect you and your obtaining FFXIII?The1-thtgotaway
I've realised that I probably won't be getting Final Fantasy 13 so I'm just pleased that it will help Xbox 360
#9 Posted by maa4208 (14543 posts) -
I'm going to do that for FT, so I was just throwing that out.
#10 Posted by fs_metal (25711 posts) -
Guild Wars is decent, but it is essentially a multiplayer only Diablo with  an extra coat of paint and better PVP. I bought it. I played it, and I felt like I had played it before
#11 Posted by The1-thtgotaway (5853 posts) -
Guild Wars is decent, but it is essentially a multiplayer only Diablo with  an extra coat of paint and better PVP. I bought it. I played it, and I felt like I had played it beforefs_metal
So it wasn't what you expected huh? I don't like game like that, it irks me that I spend my money on something I think is good and it turns out to be okay.
#12 Posted by Darmi (5562 posts) -
I really liked Guild Wars, it was good filler between real MMORPGs. The only thing I didn't like about it was it was too short but you can expect that from a non-subscription MMORPG. It still lasted longer than most single player games.
#13 Posted by kinetic-core (9423 posts) -
I didn't get guild wars. I got guild wars factions :? is this bad? :wink: anyways, i stay in asia. And the ps3 launch date won't affect me either way. There's no way i can get it until a few years later. It's a "high-end" consumer product.... :roll:
#14 Posted by FinalHorror (3591 posts) -
And the ps3 launch date won't affect me either way. There's no way i can get it until a few years later. It's a "high-end" consumer product.... :roll:kinetic-core
Yeah it will cost so damn much:( i were going to get it for christmas:) but than the delay:evil: And i will prob not get it for my birthday:( so i have to wait a few years to:cry:
#15 Posted by Darmi (5562 posts) -
I didn't get guild wars. I got guild wars factions :? is this bad?kinetic-core
If you've installed it and are playing it, then no :P But if you havn't installed it you might need Guild Wars first.
#16 Posted by The1-thtgotaway (5853 posts) -
[QUOTE="kinetic-core"]I didn't get guild wars. I got guild wars factions :? is this bad? :wink: anyways, i stay in asia. And the ps3 launch date won't affect me either way. There's no way i can get it until a few years later. It's a "high-end" consumer product.... :roll:

Yeah I understand, it will also give you time to finish saving up money, yeah one of the officers told me this in the SAS union. I can understand that.
#17 Posted by fs_metal (25711 posts) -
Don't confuse Guild Wars with an MMO of any kind. It's not. It is just an online RPG.

In my opinion, there are better monster slaughter dungeon crawls out there, such as Titan Quest
#18 Posted by Lone04 (206 posts) -
So Guild Wars really isn't that good...I need to know aswell because I'm planning on getting Guild Wars once I upgrade....and I'm only around for the weekend
#19 Posted by fs_metal (25711 posts) -
*ahem* HALF LIFE 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is all
#20 Posted by FinalHorror (3591 posts) -
So Guild Wars really isn't that good...I need to know aswell because I'm planning on getting Guild Wars once I upgrade....and I'm only around for the weekendLone04
Well guild wars is more like a PvP (Player Versus Player) online Game, so if you like fighting other players this is a game for you..If your more into PvE (Player versus Enveirement, that i think is no 100% correct), But here you do more questes and do not fight players, if you like PvE buy WoW;)
#21 Posted by FinalHorror (3591 posts) -
Okey my idea for that comon things...

We should have an arhive for what people are saying comon things about there!? I think like we use the First post there to post it...It can be kinda sicko maybe:P but it's an idea;)
#22 Posted by kinetic-core (9423 posts) -
Okey my idea for that comon things...

We should have an arhive for what people are saying comon things about there!? I think like we use the First post there to post it...It can be kinda sicko maybe:P but it's an idea;)
FinalHorror
hmm... what do you mean :? ? like, repetitive topics? make a list of them? :|
#23 Posted by FinalHorror (3591 posts) -
[QUOTE="FinalHorror"]Okey my idea for that comon things...

kinetic-core
hmm... what do you mean :? ? like, repetitive topics? make a list of them? :|

lolz:P yeah i didn't explain good:P In this thread, we use your first post (post nr 1 in thread). And since people are writing comon things within FF. We make a list of thing people have come up with.  Like this:

Spiky Hair = Cloud, Tidus
Black Hair and in love with Main Char = Tifa, Rinoa, Garnet

And i se now how sick this idea is:P but...It can be cool to se all the comon things in the end i think:) I can do it to if we use it:P
#24 Posted by kinetic-core (9423 posts) -
you want to make it an official FF "collection" archive thingy? :P
#25 Posted by FinalHorror (3591 posts) -
you want to make it an official FF "collection" archive thingy? :Pkinetic-core
haha:P we drop this shall we:P haha!
#26 Posted by seankulbeth (2092 posts) -

OUCH! You dropped it on my foot...

I have a really random question for a game Im playing on-line. It says they are mixed up artists (singers), and gives you the first three: MKI: the answer is kim (little kim im guessing). The second: SHAC : answer CASH. Third LCINEE: answer is Celine.  fourth: T O K U S A T : Outcast. Im stuck on the last one.

N N S E E I T S P G R

As a bonus hint I got: A rising artist.

Any help would be appreciated.

#27 Posted by fs_metal (25711 posts) -
I am so looking forward to saturday./ I get a day off after working 7 straight
#28 Posted by The1-thtgotaway (5853 posts) -

OUCH! You dropped it on my foot...

I have a really random question for a game Im playing on-line. It says they are mixed up artists (singers), and gives you the first three: MKI: the answer is kim (little kim im guessing). The second: SHAC : answer CASH. Third LCINEE: answer is Celine.  fourth: T O K U S A T : Outcast. Im stuck on the last one.

N N S E E I T S P G R

As a bonus hint I got: A rising artist.

Any help would be appreciated.

seankulbeth
I have no idea its hard.
#29 Posted by kinetic-core (9423 posts) -
uhh... i'm a music nut. I know nothing about singers, and new singers as well. :D Hope you already figured it out lol
#30 Posted by FinalHorror (3591 posts) -
It were damn hard...I have no Stupid clue...Will try to come up with an idea there...
#31 Posted by seankulbeth (2092 posts) -
well, my mum woke up and solved it: Springsteen. Wtf is that?
#32 Posted by FinalHorror (3591 posts) -
Oh, damn i should i understood that one! Now i'm mad at myself:P
#33 Posted by The1-thtgotaway (5853 posts) -
well, my mum woke up and solved it: Springsteen. Wtf is that?seankulbeth
Who the heck is springsteen ( a rising artist)? I tried to solve it but I couldn't.
#34 Posted by fs_metal (25711 posts) -
Bruce is the only one that I can think of, but he is not a rising star
#35 Posted by maa4208 (14543 posts) -
Bruce is the only one that I can think of, but he is not a rising starfs_metal
Yeah, The Boss (right? :P) is in NO WAY a "rising star." Well, maybe. 20 YEARS AGO. :|
#36 Posted by kinetic-core (9423 posts) -
Springsteen? :| uh.. what? there's no way i could have known that. Even with it solved, i still don't know who that is :? Girl, Guy, Band? or... what?
#37 Posted by FinalHorror (3591 posts) -
I'm pretty sure it's Bruce Springsteen! Man we love it! "Born In The USA" Man we love that song:D
#38 Posted by maa4208 (14543 posts) -

Springsteen? :| uh.. what? there's no way i could have known that. Even with it solved, i still don't know who that is :?

Girl, Guy, Band? or... what?kinetic-core

This should help everyone who doesn't know who Bruce Springsteen is. I was right! He is called "The Boss!" :D

#39 Posted by kinetic-core (9423 posts) -
Oddly, i know this guy's face. I don't know his name :? lol.. this happens all the time. :( anyways, i think someone mentioned Prison Break here before, is it good? Cos it just started airing this week on a local station :P
#40 Posted by The1-thtgotaway (5853 posts) -
Oh Bruce Springsteen I know who he is but the thing a rising star threw me off because I thought this person was just starting in the music business.
#41 Posted by maa4208 (14543 posts) -
anyways, i think someone mentioned Prison Break here before, is it good? Cos it just started airing this week on a local station :Pkinetic-core
I never watched it, but something cool was that the first season was filmed in my city (Joliet, IL).
#42 Posted by seankulbeth (2092 posts) -
prisn breaks an allright show, but I watched one episode and got bored.
#43 Posted by FinalHorror (3591 posts) -
prisn breaks an allright show, but I watched one episode and got bored.seankulbeth
Yeah, it's not a "normal" tv show...it's alot: everything bad that can happend, do happen! But it's kinda cool anyway:D
#44 Posted by kinetic-core (9423 posts) -
sounds interesting. Let's see if I can survive the first episode then. The way sean made it sound.
#45 Posted by The1-thtgotaway (5853 posts) -

Who watches Miami Ink on TLC (It's a tattoo show), I love that show, and they are excellent at what they do.

#46 Posted by kinetic-core (9423 posts) -
why izzit that i always get treated to good shows only one year after it's aired on ABC or whatever it's airing on... :(
#47 Posted by FinalHorror (3591 posts) -
why izzit that i always get treated to good shows only one year after it's aired on ABC or whatever it's airing on... :(kinetic-core
Do not know:P I often check on the internet. And than i download it when it comes! If it's good, i wait. But if it's so damn good i se them all when i download:P haha!
#48 Posted by Darmi (5562 posts) -
Sucks that the best show ever, Monday Night Football, is only on for 17 weeks every year :cry:
#49 Posted by FinalHorror (3591 posts) -
Sucks that the best show ever, Monday Night Football, is only on for 17 weeks every year :cry:Darmi
Woot kinda show is that? well i guess it's about fotball:D But...
#50 Posted by Darmi (5562 posts) -
It's the NFL game they show in the UK every Monday night (technically Tuesday morning...). The only games we can watch without needing satellite, except the Superbowl of course. Falcons for Superbowl! You heard it here first...