lazyathew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 lazyathew
Member since 2007 • 3748 Posts

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/07/20/report-final-fantasy-versus-xiii-cancelled

On one hand, I am dissapointed because it seemed like it was gonna be a good game. But if this means it's finally out of the way for them to work on other games like Kingdom Hearts 3, maybe it's not so bad. Since it seemed like it was gonna take forever anyway.

DreadDLordD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 DreadDLordD
Member since 2005 • 2413 Posts
These are just a rumours, I'd much rather have an official word of confirmation from Nomura himself. Though this could very well be legit rumours for all we know. There were possible speculations that VsXIII could have its title renamed and taken out of the Crystallis series into Final Fantasy XV. I doubt that's real.
angelbless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#3 angelbless
Member since 2003 • 8475 Posts
If this is true.. then farewell SE! :evil:
lordmew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 lordmew
Member since 2009 • 1315 Posts

If this is true.. then farewell SE! :evil:angelbless

Ehh, why, because one game was canselled. Damn you guys really wanted this game then, I would rather have FFXV than VSXIII right now.

Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#5 Balmane
Member since 2008 • 13255 Posts

[QUOTE="angelbless"]If this is true.. then farewell SE! :evil:lordmew

Ehh, why, because one game was canselled. Damn you guys really wanted this game then, I would rather have FFXV than VSXIII right now.

I would want Versus. Everything they have shown about the game I liked and I was looking forward to this game.

I will be very angry if it is cancelled. But too be honest it should have been out a long time ago. 

lordmew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lordmew
[QUOTE="lordmew"]

[QUOTE="angelbless"]If this is true.. then farewell SE! :evil:Balmane

I would want Versus. Everything they have shown about the game I liked and I was looking forward to this game.

I will be very angry if it is cancelled. But too be honest it should have been out a long time ago. 

Still, you dont rage at the developer just because they maybe had to prioritize other games over it, maybe because of financial problems. 

D3dr0_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 232

#7 D3dr0_0
Member since 2008 • 3530 Posts

That sucks if it's true. I was looking forward to the game since 2008.

txgamerwavg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#8 txgamerwavg
Member since 2010 • 241 Posts

Maybe they mix the story too much, that why they delay allot ever since 2008 and never detail about it, and yes it hurts to heard that.

I was look forward for that game.

Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Balmane
[QUOTE="Balmane"][QUOTE="lordmew"]

[QUOTE="angelbless"]If this is true.. then farewell SE! :evil:lordmew

Still, you dont rage at the developer just because they maybe had to prioritize other games over it, maybe because of financial problems. 

But I never said I was raging at the developers. Only thing I will rage at is that they decided to make FFXIII-2 first before that game which they shouldn't have. 

Avatar image for irishdude199210
irishdude199210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 irishdude199210
Member since 2010 • 2517 Posts
I don't really mind. I only really starting paying attention last year or so. They should release FFXV by the end of 2013, I predict the next gen consoles coming out 2014.
angelbless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 angelbless
[QUOTE="lordmew"][QUOTE="Balmane"][QUOTE="lordmew"]

[QUOTE="angelbless"]If this is true.. then farewell SE! :evil:Balmane

But I never said I was raging at the developers. Only thing I will rage at is that they decided to make FFXIII-2 first before that game which they shouldn't have. 

Well, Im kinda raging the developers :P. Mostly because they lied about a game for 6 years ince it was announced. They created the hype and then started to release other games in place of the one we were wxpecting the most. FFXIII, FXIII -2, FFXIV, KH3D, KH BBS, etc.... And the worst part about everything is that the quality of these games wasnt of the best FF has experienced.... now they are thinking in "localizing" the games, incursion in other genres.... its sad to see the best days of FF are in the past and not in the future...   

Only one thing makes me feel this might not be entirely true, why would they release a song for theathrythm final fantasy then? wouldnt that hurt the entire corporations image?

lordmew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lordmew

@Angel

I can understand the you are a bit down after being hyped for a game like this, but dont take it out on the company. They probably didnt have the resource to keep working on it and other series have brought in more money (like the normal FF and KH) The extragames to FFXIII became a fansource of money for them, and that probably wasnt`t enough to make up for the cost of making the game.

Think of it from their standpoint, and they probably added a track to say sorry that we didnt make this.

angelbless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 angelbless

@Angel

I can understand the you are a bit down after being hyped for a game like this, but dont take it out on the company. They probably didnt have the resource to keep working on it and other series have brought in more money (like the normal FF and KH) The extragames to FFXIII became a fansource of money for them, and that probably wasnt`t enough to make up for the cost of making the game.

Think of it from their standpoint, and they probably added a track to say sorry that we didnt make this.

lordmew

Well yeah... you are probably right...it seems that FFXIII milking and KHs spins-offs are what is holding SE right now,... I dont like the idea, but if it turns out to be true, then there is no point in taking it out with the company. Anyway, it will be a very bad antecedent for SE and FF :(

AlBeadFFx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 AlBeadFFx
Member since 2004 • 5813 Posts
Vs XIII is still in production. I got some news on facebook saying that its still going
lordmew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 lordmew

Vs XIII is still in production. I got some news on facebook saying that its still goingAlBeadFFx

Right now, you are an angel for many in this union 

Avatar image for irishdude199210
irishdude199210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 irishdude199210
Member since 2010 • 2517 Posts

[QUOTE="AlBeadFFx"]Vs XIII is still in production. I got some news on facebook saying that its still goinglordmew

I heard that too. Gamespot posted an article about it a few days ago. Some dude from Sqaure-Enix basically just said "Bullshít lolz".
Balmane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Balmane
It's been about a week since SE confirmed that it wasn't cancelled. It would have been a total watse to cancel it now.
angelbless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 angelbless
[QUOTE="lordmew"]

[QUOTE="AlBeadFFx"]Vs XIII is still in production. I got some news on facebook saying that its still goingirishdude199210

I heard that too. Gamespot posted an article about it a few days ago. Some dude from Sqaure-Enix basically just said "Bullshít lolz".

Yep, I posted the news on the homepage too :P

maniamsmart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 maniamsmart
Member since 2006 • 12069 Posts
LIES! >.< They can't cancel this. If they are, they are insane.
D3dr0_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 232

#20 D3dr0_0
Member since 2008 • 3530 Posts
It was just Kotaku spreading rumors to piss fans off.