Originally posted by smokey26: FFXII Strategy Guide only 176 pages!

kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 kinetic-core
Member since 2006 • 9423 Posts

Yup, BradyGame's guide for Final Fantasy XII is only 176 pages... considered kinda tiny for a Final Fantasy though.

I guess, Final Fantasy XII is such a game which allows you to freely organize your game and the way how many chest items are actually randomly generated. 176 pages... i believem it's actually more than enough.

What do you think? Compared to FFX-2, which had a total of 347 pages. :P

seankulbeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 seankulbeth
Member since 2005 • 2092 Posts

It does seem a bit small, as I look upon my own FFX-2 guide, and try imagining that cut in half. Perhaps with randomly generated chests (as kk pointed out), the only thing it will contain are maps and boss fights. I certainly hope so, because 100 pages of boss fights entertains me to no end.

Avatar image for The1-thtgotaway
The1-thtgotaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 The1-thtgotaway
Member since 2006 • 5853 Posts
Yeah that's small but the KH2 strategy guide is hugh hopefully this game has a lot in store for us.
kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 kinetic-core
think of it... FFX-2 has some of the most comprehensive quests and missions to do. I mean, try writing 5 chapters for each area in Spira. instead of calling the FFXII guide tiny, shall we conclude that it was in fact the FFX-2 guide that is huge? and, why is sean still bent on acknowledging me as 'kk'? :| lol
seankulbeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 seankulbeth
Member since 2005 • 2092 Posts
Fine, lets go with the X2 guide is huge (because it is). And the reason I insist on calling you kk is because you insist on not wanting to be called kk.
kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 kinetic-core

really..... but look at the FFX guide... how's that? short or long? that's a normal FF, unlike FFX-2, which is way past normal

fine, call me KK. will that stop you from calling me that now? :P

RaiKageRyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 RaiKageRyu
Member since 2004 • 4204 Posts
You can't label either stratedgy guide with a size until you compare much more than just those two books. Guides for all of the Final Fantasy games and even for other RPGs should be compared before a proper size can be stated about each one.

On a side note, I think most of the Ultimania books dwarf those.
ZhenDash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ZhenDash
Member since 2006 • 1483 Posts
Only 176 pages?! Well that's a great game to call. It's like Chrono Cross, Final Fantasy IX, and Final Fantasy VII, they are easy to memorize and that's just one factor that makes those games really great So I think that this Bradygames Strategy guide is more like an art book than an Informative book.Â