Rumor-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Rumor-1
Member since 2003 • 60 Posts
Is it just me, or has the magic effects been getting worse in FF? I mean, in FFIX it looked good. Then once FFX came around I was disappointed. I was expecting so much more with the new graphics. I mean..flare..? In IX it took up the whole screen, but in X it was like this..wimpy..fire spout. All the elemental spells were crap. I remember in VII you'd use a spell paired with all magic and it would take up the whole screen, like ice3. Then we have XII now. Which..really...the spells dont look all that great. Flare was improved, but I still think it could've been better. The elemental spells where..pathetic. The "ja" level of spells worked out, but other then that... =/ Only summons could use those anyway, unless you got a concurrence, but its not like those did elemental damage. I mean, don't get me wrong, X and XII were good and all, but I think they could've put more effort into the magic effects... Anyway, who else feels this way? Am I the only one, or has anyone else noticed?
gman56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 gman56
Member since 2004 • 6542 Posts
Hmm, I never really noticed that. But after reading that, you're right. The magic system has been a lot less thrilling since IX.
FinalHorror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 FinalHorror
Member since 2004 • 3591 Posts
Maybe. But before it was so huge and cool and all..Now it's smaller but i like it that way. I do not think alot magic should be flashy all the way and all. But some should. Like flare og Ultima...But i can't say the magic is looking worse now...
Rumor-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Rumor-1
Member since 2003 • 60 Posts
True, Ultima in X did look good. Scathe in XII was pretty good as well. But still, they could've done a better job. I mean..compare bolt3 from VII and Thundaga from XII. I would expect Thundaga to be some..mini thunder storm like Bolt3 instead of..a slighter bigger bolt then Thundara. =/
Taygeto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Taygeto
Member since 2003 • 351 Posts
Yeah, you're right, the effects have grown worse. Maybe they spent too much time making those fancy summon movies and didn't have any time left for decent magic effects... :?
blademasterx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 blademasterx
Member since 2006 • 1305 Posts
Yeah i agree final fantasy 12 has the worse ,Spell effects have you seen holy i mean for cryin out loud.This looks bad they have no flavor at all.Like final fantasy 7,8,9 maybe thirteen will improve i hope .Being such a final fantasy veteran.
yuffiestrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 yuffiestrife
Member since 2006 • 352 Posts
i agree aswell they have spent to much time makeing fancy summon movies,in games like final fantasy 7 magic like holy or ultima looked so cool
FinalHorror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 FinalHorror
Member since 2004 • 3591 Posts
People, magic does about the same amount of damage as a normal hit! So why should it look so much better!? I just ask, if the magic is super cool shouldn't it be really good!? If all magic is really cool how should the really good magic look like!?
eztarg8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 eztarg8
Member since 2004 • 5813 Posts
Well magic shouldnt be some blando lame thing. If you bended the laws of physics would you think it looks cool? Plus ups for attacks are you get to see knarly the kick asslooking weapons in action. Flare was like WOOOOOSH KaBOOM Pow Pow Shee POw SHEeee
Avatar image for the_winner30030
the_winner30030

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 the_winner30030
Member since 2006 • 74 Posts
i see you are refering to the graphics not quite how good they acually are. none the less yes they have been gettins "smaller" not so much "worse" or more "toned down". yes in older FF's they took up the hole screen. but in FFXII they do grow bigger in each stronger spell. if it took up the hole screen that would be hmmm silly? and anyone can make a flash appear on a screen but it takes detail to make a medium sized spell that looks nice. in my opinion i really dont care how SE makes the animations becuase so far they have been good.
eztarg8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 eztarg8
Member since 2004 • 5813 Posts
Yeah, but holy doesn't look so good. Just a light that gets bigger with a little shine and white stuff in it. In X holy was eight orbs that went up and just came back down; it was so lame!