How long was your longest FF boss fight ?

kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 kinetic-core
Member since 2006 • 9423 Posts

Well, maybe not specifically, especially when you're trying desperately to beat that boss, you won't be lookin at the time. :lol:

So, what is your longest boss fight?

DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 DRUNK_CANADIAN
Member since 2005 • 1972 Posts
well i don't know if this counts.... but I was fighting Seifer or w.e his name is in FF8, but I had to go out, so i left the game on (stupid save point was a mile back) so i came home hours later ... i think 4 than started the fight again ....didn'y take long to kill him though :P
FinalHorror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 FinalHorror
Member since 2004 • 3591 Posts
Let's se, it has to be the last boss in FFIX, do not remember his name but, i played and than mum said it was dinner time. And i just had to stop, i forgot about the game and when out playing. I think it took me almost 24hours to beat him:P But it was worth it:D
Darmi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Darmi
Member since 2004 • 5562 Posts
Well my longest was against those Ronso people on Mount Gagazet on FFX-2. I started it in the morning before school and it took me an hour, which meant I was late for school that day :P And I lost the fight...
terran3999999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 terran3999999
Member since 2005 • 55 Posts
Those ****** bastards at the monster arena! Their was one that looked like a Sinspawn and I was pretty underleveled, no Celestial Weapons yet and I wasn't gonna give up. Mofo keep taking a beating for 2 hours, seriously.
Avatar image for idokiri-batosai
idokiri-batosai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 idokiri-batosai
Member since 2006 • 177 Posts
2 1/2 hours, almost used up 99x mega potions.
seankulbeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 seankulbeth
Member since 2005 • 2092 Posts

I believe it would have been the fight with the Vegnagun, the one with nodes. I spent 6 hours killing the nodes, trying to get the invincible things. What pissed me off was I got only one, and then it didnt work on what I was trying to stop (The 80th boss in the Via Infintia, the one that stones you in like 2 moves). So I was mad.

yuffiestrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 yuffiestrife
Member since 2006 • 352 Posts
the one in cosmo canyon took me half hour to do
gilbertus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 gilbertus
Member since 2003 • 452 Posts
Yuyevon in FFX, its true you cant die, BUT every time you attack he heals for 9999, and since it was my first time around i didnt have break damage limit... SOOOOO it took forever, until i found younas Holy spell wich did around 17k dmg, and that saved me XP.
Darmi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Darmi
Member since 2004 • 5562 Posts
Yuyevon in FFX, its true you cant die, BUT every time you attack he heals for 9999, and since it was my first time around i didnt have break damage limit... SOOOOO it took forever, until i found younas Holy spell wich did around 17k dmg, and that saved me XP.gilbertus
He didn't take long for me - you can use zombie on him.
jordina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#11 jordina
Member since 2006 • 5410 Posts
omega weapon in FFX. he just did,nt die. must have been half an hour.
kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kinetic-core
:roll: man..... then i have to be a really terrible gamer :? the longest i took was 7 hours. :shock: Seriously, and that was not including a two hour nap in between. Gameplay time was exactly 7 hours and 13 minutes. if i added the two hours, it'd be 9 hours and 13 minutes :?geeez....
iowastate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#13 iowastate
Member since 2004 • 7922 Posts
I'm glad I never bothered to measure the time I spent on any of mine in hours, a couple of times it's taken more than a day to get by a particularly tough spot, although I sometimes find I just am going about it wrong:| come back after a sleep, start again and go Jeez why didn't I do that before, it seems easy now:? My longest time then would probably have to be measured in days not hours though if I were to be honest , when I get stuck I get really get stuck:roll: . Makes it feel that much better when I figure it out and break free:D
Brian_WCU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Brian_WCU
Member since 2005 • 313 Posts

XI gods and hyper nms ... um lets see one in particular...genbu is the easiest takes maybe 15-20 minutes to kill, suzaku is a sob, 30 mins, kirin is soooo... sooooo hard imo... 45-60 if you stay alive. King behemoth is another one thats like 60min+ at least, fafnir is well over an hour probably two if you are lucky, and the hardest which I never got around to fighting was True vtra I believe hours to kill.

non-mmo ozma from probably if you include the amount of time I spent dying for no good reason :P But I can't wait to fight Yazmat in 12: [spoiler] has over 50 million hit points...! [/spoiler]

lordgodalming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#15 lordgodalming
Member since 2005 • 273 Posts
It took me about 45 minutes to finish off Ruby Weapon in FFVII, mainly because I had Quadra Magic and W-Summon attached to Hades and Knights of the Round, which lasts almost two minutes per summon. Plus I had to start over a couple times.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!FFXII SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yazmat supposedly takes an average of 10 hours to beat, even with the best weapons and spells. I'm not sure there's any easter egg, item, or secret ending that would be worth a 10 hour fight, especially when you could die near the end and have to start over.
DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DRUNK_CANADIAN
Member since 2005 • 1972 Posts

[QUOTE="gilbertus"]Yuyevon in FFX, its true you cant die, BUT every time you attack he heals for 9999, and since it was my first time around i didnt have break damage limit... SOOOOO it took forever, until i found younas Holy spell wich did around 17k dmg, and that saved me XP.Darmi
He didn't take long for me - you can use zombie on him.

LOL same here :D

kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kinetic-core
It took me about 45 minutes to finish off Ruby Weapon in FFVII, mainly because I had Quadra Magic and W-Summon attached to Hades and Knights of the Round, which lasts almost two minutes per summon. Plus I had to start over a couple times.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!FFXII SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yazmat supposedly takes an average of 10 hours to beat, even with the best weapons and spells. I'm not sure there's any easter egg, item, or secret ending that would be worth a 10 hour fight, especially when you could die near the end and have to start over.
lordgodalming
heh....FFXII Spoiler ALERT!!!!!!!!!!! That's exactly the one i was talking about... i took a total of 7 hours and 13 minutes to finish that thing off :? Ouch.....
RaiKageRyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 RaiKageRyu
Member since 2004 • 4204 Posts
So far the Arena monsters in FFX have been pretty long. The fact that the monsters sucked at killing you but they had a large amount of life really drew the battle out. The net result, is really boring battles.
ZhenDash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ZhenDash
Member since 2006 • 1483 Posts
Most commonly are my first run game boss fights. And then it's going to take simply about 5 minutes to take them out again on a second run :lol:
Poki3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Poki3
Member since 2005 • 185 Posts
Don't have a clue... hmm...
The final Dark Aeon in X maybe? Not hard at all, jut freaking loooooong and booooring...
And Omega Weapon was a surprise to. I was told he was a pushover... he was, but a pushover that had 100x the HP he did before. How in the world can battles be so long, when you are doing 99999 damage per hit? :O

But the longest I must say, was the battle with the Ice Titan in Kingdom Hearts. You see, you should deflect the icicles he throws at you to do him damage, and knock him down, after which you can land some hits for even more damage. I didn't know about this tactic, and tried to use a default boss battle one: Use Areoga for defense; run around in search of the enemy soft spots and exploit them. However, in this particular battle Areoga makes him throw bigger icicles that crash through it and are to big to deflect. They also do more damage, and because of that I was afraid to take Areoga off! I was running about the arena for 5 to 10 minutes, and couldn't find any way to damage him, except a week fireball. It did only millimeters of his health. I didn't count, but I think it was 2-3 hours of killing a Behemoth by throwing needles at him -_-