kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 kinetic-core
Member since 2006 • 9423 Posts

It took me a total of 6 playthroughs, and i never got the perfect 100%.

There will be this ONE SINGLE POINT that i will mess up, without myself knowing it! And, oh well.... it's still stuck on 99%. :cry:

So, has anyone beaten it yet?

Avatar image for DbleBassDrummer
DbleBassDrummer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#2 DbleBassDrummer
Member since 2005 • 1375 Posts
Nope, I still can't manage it. Without a list or keeping track, sometimes it's hard to even come close.
Spurs_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#3 Spurs_Fan
Member since 2005 • 13023 Posts
I've never. I will soon though.
Darmi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Darmi
Member since 2004 • 5562 Posts
I'm on 92%. Every time I start it up to get the 100% I suddenly think wait why am I doing this and play anything else instead. Youtube has given me the 100% ending anyway :P
Avatar image for idokiri-batosai
idokiri-batosai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 idokiri-batosai
Member since 2006 • 177 Posts

*possible spoiler*

yeah I actually got 100%, but I cheaped out and and played it through again and gave the awesome sphere to the other organization

-Pro-Link-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 -Pro-Link-
Member since 2006 • 6297 Posts
I haven't I've been meaning to start playing that game though.  I'm probably onl.y half way through that game at the moment.  I have the Official Stragety Guid so it shouldn't be to much of a problem to beat it.  but I'll try without the guide first.
seankulbeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 seankulbeth
Member since 2005 • 2092 Posts

Ive done it, the same way pro link did.

spoiler

It was quite impossible for me, simply because of hte via infinto. The 80th level was the hardest boss, as it stoned you in 4-5 turns. The only way to beat it (that i know of), is to use catnip gunner, which i think is total bs cheating.

end spoiler

ZhenDash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ZhenDash
Member since 2006 • 1483 Posts
I got a 100% on my second playthrough but I got the "The End" Garment grid on my first playthrough. I really dig into X-2 the momment it was released :D
kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kinetic-core
Member since 2006 • 9423 Posts

oh my god.... i really can't believe there are actually so many people that can complete it :( I guess, it must take a lot of patience. I follow the Brady guide all the way through, but there will be this one point that i will miss and mess it all up. :cry:

*****Possible SPOILER*****

The most recent time, i let a Bandit escape at Moonflow, and i didn't even realize that missing one would make me lose that 0.[something] % :cry:

CrabbyYuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 CrabbyYuna
Member since 2006 • 739 Posts

It took me a total of 6 playthroughs, and i never got the perfect 100%.

There will be this ONE SINGLE POINT that i will mess up, without myself knowing it! And, oh well.... it's still stuck on 99%. :cry:

So, has anyone beaten it yet?

kinetic-core
ya!it hard at last!!well,i finally finished at last year...phiew..
yuffiestrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 yuffiestrife
Member since 2006 • 352 Posts
i think that i got up to 98%  the only thing that i have trouble getting is gippal spear i havent gotten that yet and i have always been one spear away from opeing that door i cant ever seem to find it  
Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 2

#12 Amnesiac23
Member since 2006 • 8470 Posts
I have. I actually like the ending (100% ending that is)
seankulbeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 seankulbeth
Member since 2005 • 2092 Posts
I have a single question for you kinetic. You seem like youve been playing the game over and over: newly. Have you not been using new game plus?
iowastate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#14 iowastate
Member since 2004 • 7922 Posts
I had a lot of fun with it but not 100%, I'm afraid I rushed my way through so I could move on to the next game and didn't even try for a perfect score.:D
FinalHorror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 FinalHorror
Member since 2004 • 3591 Posts
Well actually yes i have! But that were damn boring:P But i kinda hated the ending scene i got. Man why did that happen? My FFX were broken. And after that i was mad on myself for doing that...It was ironic actually. Use so much time just to be mad on myself after...

FH
Avatar image for idokiri-batosai
idokiri-batosai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 idokiri-batosai
Member since 2006 • 177 Posts
If you want to get gippal's sphere you'll have to abandon the 100% completion. But the sphere was pretty funny.  You'll also get to see new scenes that I found somewhat disturbing.
iX-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#17 iX-gamer
Member since 2005 • 632 Posts
I'm sorry to bring this old thread back, but I just want to know something. The yellow haired guy that looked like the main character from Final Fantasy X, (You know, the first sphere Yuna got.) was that him and if it was, can you explain to me what it was all about? I bought the game 2 years ago and played right through it without finishing 100%. The reason being is because I found that game too boring and eventually let the game collect dust. I also forgot the name of that yellow haired guy, and finally, one day....just one day I'll will comit myself into completing that darn game. Please respond to my question. Thank you.
Darmi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Darmi
[spoiler] The guy who looked like Tidus in FFX-2 was Shuyin. Shuyin was Lenne's lover and when Lenne was ordered to the front lines of the war against Bevelle, Shuyin attempted to protect her by using the Vegnagun to end the war. They were both gunned down in front of Vegnagun and it is Shuyin's unsent spirit who controls the Vegnagun at the end of the game. After you defeat Shuyin, Lenne and Shuyin fade away. The fayth then bring Tidus back as a favour for saving the world. That was very brief so if you have any more questions feel free to ask :) [/spoiler]
Click ^^
iX-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 iX-gamer
[spoiler] The guy who looked like Tidus in FFX-2 was Shuyin. Shuyin was Lenne's lover and when Lenne was ordered to the front lines of the war against Bevelle, Shuyin attempted to protect her by using the Vegnagun to end the war. They were both gunned down in front of Vegnagun and it is Shuyin's unsent spirit who controls the Vegnagun at the end of the game. After you defeat Shuyin, Lenne and Shuyin fade away. The fayth then bring Tidus back as a favour for saving the world. That was very brief so if you have any more questions feel free to ask :) [/spoiler]
Click ^^
Darmi
**SPOILERS** You know, now I feel like a moron because now I remember all that, but I don't remember Tidus being brought back to the world eternally but just for that moment with Lenne or was it Yuna because she just wanted to see Tidus one more time or wasn't that Shuyin? **SPOILERS** Anyways, the way that the other posters were posting, it seemed like there were other endings. Actually, I think they're are because the game requires 100% completion, right? Or am I getting something wrong here?
jordina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#20 jordina
Member since 2006 • 5410 Posts
96% i think was the highest. i HATED the monkey love mini game, sphere break game against shinra and the comspheres. i have never sucessfully completed the campaign thing. its definetely worth going for 100% as you would get the most out of the game. honestly, the main story( hotspots) are crap if you dont do anything else.
iX-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 iX-gamer
honestly, the main story( hotspots) are crap if you dont do anything else.jordina
Yeah, maybe your right but for some reason games like that, that require 100% completion just annoy me because usuallly I play for the storyline, but I didn't know that very well when I bought the game. I remember asking this female gamer in my 8th grade classroom back then and she said "It's terrific, the opening intro sequence is awsome!".... I should have asked next, if you would let me borrow the game, that way I would have never involved myself with that game and embarass myself at all to be talking about this game. Too bad.
Darmi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Darmi
[spoiler] There are multiple endings. If you press a button (think it's circle...) while Yuna is walking back through the farplane after beating the final boss then you will get given a choice by the fayth to have Tidus returned or not. Selecting yes will give you the "good" ending. This happens with any percentage. If you have 100% then you get the "perfect" ending which is slightly different.. There is also a different ending if you select the no option. [/spoiler]
iX-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 iX-gamer
Thanks again for the spoiler and here's another question for you. In the beginning of the game, remember Wakka went into a cave for some reason, well after you complete the cave, there seems to be a locked area like a door and you have to input a 4 or 5 digit code I think, was a sphere inside there or what was that about?
FinalHorror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 FinalHorror
Member since 2004 • 3591 Posts
My turn, tell me if i'm wrong:P

[spoiler] Yeah it's a sphere inside that cave, but it's not the one wakka is looking for, it's more a boring sphere that shows Kilika Island...But a question from me, do we ever find the sphere wakka is looking for? I do not remember:( [/spoiler]
Darmi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Darmi
[spoiler] Yeah you do get the sphere Wakka was on about. It shows Chappu talking to Wakka about why he goes away I think. [/spoiler]
Gitts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Gitts
Member since 2006 • 101 Posts
yeah i got 100% but i had to complete it twice it's the only way and bout tht cave you get a sweet item not telling tho i'm not a spoiler
Avatar image for kenshinhimura16
kenshinhimura16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#28 kenshinhimura16
Member since 2005 • 7009 Posts
There are two perfect endings, one is a CG, and you dont need 100% for it and the other is a conclusion made in realtime. The game has 2% more over 100%, thats because you can get 100% without choosing the other side.
I still have to beat Trema thats the only thing I need to do, even though Im 99 with all 3 its still hard as hell
Han_the_Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Han_the_Dragon
Member since 2006 • 1506 Posts

The game don't have 2% over the 100.

the game is done like this:

100% if you gave the sphere too...

99.2% if you gave the sphere to the others.

90% of that is common to both, then the remaining % is 10% for 1 side and 9.2% for the other side.

Making 109.2% total max, even if the only important (and showed) is 100%.

This is why it's so easy (or at lest should be) to get 100% in 2 playthrough.

[spoiler] Also iX-gamer was talking of the second code in Besaid (and it's a GG that is there, plus other treasure nothing more) [/spoiler]

Han_the_Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Han_the_Dragon
Member since 2006 • 1506 Posts

I still have to beat Trema thats the only thing I need to do, even though Im 99 with all 3 its still hard as hell
kenshinhimura16

You have Mascot DS, so I would suggest this:

Get a GG that gives you Damage Brake Limit (to make things faster)

All girls in that GG with Mascot mastered (not needed but will be easier)

Now use the accessories to max defence

Get some Three Stars (bribe or Congrats a Omega Weapon, not in oversoul)

I assume you can deal with Paragon, if no, then Oversoul him and Congrats or Bribe him (or kill him if you want)

Now Trema:

First has fast has you can make all then unlock the Damage Brake Limit (you will need to spherechange to get this)

then Use Rikku has a healer (constant Curaga every turn)

Paine use Magicide or anything else to take out all Trema and girls MP (yes all 3 without MP)

Then have Yuna use a Three Star (0 MP cost)

Now just use Paine's Cactling Gun, Yuna Moogle Beam (if needed a help of a second healer use Yuna's Moogle Cureja or Moogle Lifeja if someone is death)

Rikku will always being doing Curage.

This way you will kill him without any problem.

Also if you have some space for 1 accessory in some of then (after maxing defence), put there a Speed Bracer).

You don't need magic defence for this, but Protect (Auto-Protect in Mascot) will be vital for this fight, because he may not use Ultima/Flare/Demi, but he will still use Meteor, because it doesn't cost any MP and it's physical based attack.