FFVSXIII could be the first FF to be rated "M"!

kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 kinetic-core
Member since 2006 • 9423 Posts

Guess what! Blood! BLOOD!!!!

Please see related article here.

well, if the translator wasn't bluffing or exaggerating, Versus XIII could very well be our first mature FF game. Given the deep storyline and dark elements behind this game. Nothing seems too far-fetched, is it?

FinalHorror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 FinalHorror
Member since 2004 • 3591 Posts
OMG!? A FF game rated M!? Thats not normal, but i like it:P The game looks cool, the trailer is as i expected a longer version of the one we have seen so far..;)
lukeeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 lukeeo
Member since 2006 • 230 Posts

Im glad that the final fantasys are becoming mre dark again. Ever since ff10, the games have been to light and good hearted for me. And versus rated M??!!! Wow, cant wait to see the trailer.

Anyone know when itll be put up for public??   Thanks

FinalHorror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FinalHorror

Im glad that the final fantasys are becoming mre dark again. Ever since ff10, the games have been to light and good hearted for me. And versus rated M??!!! Wow, cant wait to see the trailer.

Anyone know when itll be put up for public?? Thanks

lukeeo
Well we do not know...Prob right before the next big event:P Someone will "leak" it out...
joeadonis1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 joeadonis1
Member since 2004 • 1567 Posts
If they go for an M rating they will severly limit their sales numbers. So Im not real crazy about that prospect. If I want blood Ill play Silent Hill or something. I remember I was shock when I played 8. That was the first one to show the monsters fall after you kill them instead of just fading away.
gilbertus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gilbertus
Member since 2003 • 452 Posts
I doubt itll be rated M, btu then again who knows. It might be intresting, i cant wait for that frigging game!
Karinka19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#7 Karinka19
Member since 2005 • 349 Posts
if it is... I'LL MOST DEFIANTLY BUY IT!!!
DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 DRUNK_CANADIAN
Member since 2005 • 1972 Posts
I lll buy it regardless...btw the trailer is out isnt it?

?>?>?
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 fs_metal
Member since 2005 • 25711 Posts
Bout. Damn. Time

I am surprised FFXII didn't get rated M. I mean, what does it take now? It had alcohol in it. It is also listed for 'partial nudity'. That used to be a shoe in for an M rating
jebanchalista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jebanchalista
Member since 2003 • 96 Posts
I lll buy it regardless...btw the trailer is out isnt it?

?>?>?DRUNK_CANADIAN
The one shown at jump festa? I don't think so....right? Im all up for blood but as long as its not gore, its still Final Fantasy..otherwise it would be something else.
liquid_s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#11 liquid_s
Member since 2005 • 7159 Posts
OMG a game with a blood? AN RPG WITH BLOOD! Wow, this shows that Final Fantasy is becoming the only mature RPG! Obviously uo havent played Shadow Hearts or anything like that!
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 fs_metal
[QUOTE="liquid_s"]OMG a game with a blood? AN RPG WITH BLOOD! Wow, this shows that Final Fantasy is becoming the only mature RPG! Obviously uo havent played Shadow Hearts or anything like that!

Never played Shadow Hearts, have ya?
kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kinetic-core
hmm..... versus xiii will be far from an rpg. :| It is an action rpg, probably more hack n slash than any other ff, since there isn't an action ff anywhere is there? Tighter rating by the CERO is now up in Japan, i'm not sure about the west though. Rating may be different. Still... i don't think SE is willing to give up sales for a M game. :roll:
Karinka19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Karinka19
a true fan of Final Fantasy would buy it regardless of a rating (or at least rent it first). so the corporate big shots shouldnt worry much. in fact, the M rating may actually bring in some new people. you never know.
IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#15 IpodHero176
Member since 2006 • 16952 Posts
It's about time! I'm glad, because now Square-enix can go all out now. Just imagine what they were holding back to keep it T rated. Now, just think how the game will be, with no restrictions for it being T rated. We have some cool and interesting FF games coming out. Can't wait :D
Avatar image for the_winner30030
the_winner30030

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 the_winner30030
Member since 2006 • 74 Posts
hmmm that would be interesting if it was M. a new style i would like to see what FF would be like if it was M. and.... erm XII really isnt that bad as in ratings. M is high up there its eithor u got nudity full thing or if there is extreme violence with swearing alcholol drugs blood. im pretty sure FF doenst fall into that. but if u are using the old rating system looking back on ps1 or n64. there ratings were umm a bit hard. bond was rated M .... so if ff was made back then then yes it would be M but now i dought it will be. FF will have to pull of some wicked **** if they want a M rating. but that may have a negative affect on sales. (some parents dont want kids playin M games.)
FinalHorror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 FinalHorror
a true fan of Final Fantasy would buy it regardless of a rating (or at least rent it first). so the corporate big shots shouldnt worry much. in fact, the M rating may actually bring in some new people. you never know.Karinka19
Yeah maybe, but you shouldn't buy the game regardless to the rating...The rating is often for a reason, but i often think it's wrong rated:P
Karinka19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Karinka19
[QUOTE="Karinka19"]a true fan of Final Fantasy would buy it regardless of a rating (or at least rent it first). so the corporate big shots shouldnt worry much. in fact, the M rating may actually bring in some new people. you never know.FinalHorror
Yeah maybe, but you shouldn't buy the game regardless to the rating...The rating is often for a reason, but i often think it's wrong rated:P

of course it is! they never get people who actually play video games...well, not anymore since that whole "Hot Coffee" fiasco with GTA: San Andreas. (sorry for getting off topic)
ZhenDash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 ZhenDash
Member since 2006 • 1483 Posts
Maybe it will get edited just like the process that Xenosaga Episode III went under
TheManWithAPS2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TheManWithAPS2
Member since 2005 • 2378 Posts
If it is M in the US they better not ban it in Australia like they have with other M games. Hmm... Nah they won't ban it. It COULDN'T happen.
IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 IpodHero176
They probably wouldn't because it has the FF name and this is Square-enix's first two M rated game.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 fs_metal
It is not SE's first m rated games dude
IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 IpodHero176
Really, what was it then? I never heard of them making one.
gman56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 gman56
Member since 2004 • 6542 Posts
I don't think Square will go as far to have it rated "M" but it won't suprise me if it has blood in it.
eztarg8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25 eztarg8
Member since 2004 • 5813 Posts
Im sure there are plenty of Teen games with blood.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 fs_metal
Really, what was it then? I never heard of them making one.IpodHero176
I know Parasite Eve was rated M
kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kinetic-core
I know a true FF fan would buy it regardless of its rating. But, the rating would see to it that not all FF fans will get to buy this game. I'm talking about the kids and anyone who's below legal age? Besides, seeing the direction FF vs XIII could be taking, it may not just be the blood that's going to make it "M". For some reason, i can't imagine monsters being killed in this game. I keep thinking about humans being slashed and kicked and slaughtered or something like that....