You'll never believe what I saw on store shelves today!

Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 0

#1 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts

Two, count 'em, TWO Wiis at WalMart! Might not seem like a big deal (especially considering I already have one), but this is the first time in about six or seven months that I've seen a Wii on store shelves. Now, mind you, WalMart probably got their shipment in about two hours before I went there so they'll probably be gone by the end of the day, but I'm still surprised to see one on store shelves.

How often do you see unpurchased Wiis?

HyruleanLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 HyruleanLink
Member since 2005 • 5221 Posts
I can remember two accounts seeing Wiis on the shelf at Target. They were unloading them and two were sold like that. Then about two weeks ago, I saw not two but SIX wiis on the shelf. Then I returned to Target in about two days and they were gone. everytime I see one on a shelf its like a breath taking moment.:P It really is rare.
ikekid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 ikekid
Member since 2005 • 717 Posts
Never...
bededog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#4 bededog
Member since 2005 • 8579 Posts
I don't see how this was topic worthy material.
Grunt_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Grunt_Lord
Member since 2004 • 951 Posts
Well in my country PC's are still the biggest gaming platforms, so i can usually go into the local EBgames and see 2 Wii boxes on the shelves, and I would imaging that the only reason why they don't have more on the shelves is because they need to prioritize what they have on them since it's not a very big store :P
ThePrince8605

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 ThePrince8605
Member since 2004 • 12523 Posts
i normally se a lot of ps3's and a few 360s, but seeing a wii is a rare occasion indeed.
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#7 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts
I see a few Nintendo Wiis in the UK but I see alot of PS3's and 360's.
Blazing2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Blazing2007
Member since 2007 • 1276 Posts
to tell you the truth, i never saw a wii on shelves. but i always see 360's and ps3's:P
BassBoy45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 BassBoy45
Member since 2006 • 5330 Posts
I still have yet to see a wii on a shelf. Not even mine, since I ebayed it.
SHUTupNrocK8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#10 SHUTupNrocK8
Member since 2006 • 18346 Posts
I'm surprised that it was on the shelve too, and not in a glass case like every other store. Usually, you have to ask for a console at a store. Anyways, what we're you there for?
Agreb91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#11 Agreb91
Member since 2005 • 7169 Posts
I have never seen a Wii on a store shelve. :(
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 REVOLUTIONfreak

I'm surprised that it was on the shelve too, and not in a glass case like every other store. Usually, you have to ask for a console at a store. Anyways, what we're you there for?SHUTupNrocK8
lmao!

That isn't meant to be taken literally. Of course it was behind a glass case.

REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 REVOLUTIONfreak
I don't see how this was topic worthy material.bededog
^ I don't see how that was post worthy material. -_-
Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#14 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts
In my country there are loads of Wiis around. Theres about 4 Wiis in each gaming shop I go to. Too bad the WIi ain't that popular here. Most people like the 360 than the Wii. Shame really
kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 138

#15 kbaily
Member since 2007 • 13042 Posts

It is rare to see a Wii sitting on the shelf for any extended period of time because stores only receive a few at a time and the ones they get don't last long.

I wanted a Wii from the start but at first really didn't have the money but then got my tax return as well as traded in my Gamecube and accessories towards it but for a couple months I had a gift card sitting around because every time I went to an EB games, they didn't have any and finally I lucked out one day and went in and they had just gotten a few in so I finally got it and it was funny. A guy behind me was looking oddly and I asked him what was wrong and he said "I'm trying to remember how much I have left on my credit card to see if I can get one."

I did read a post from a guy who said that apparently at the warehouse he works at had a huge pallet with Wiis but were not allowed to ship them out yet and that they were being held for "holiday bundle specials" which is probably not Nintendo's fault rather the store's corporate office's idea because they know Wiis will be a hot item for parents and kids this holiday season and they probably plan to do Black Friday specials and watch mothers and fathers rip each other apart getting Wiis for their kids.

REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 REVOLUTIONfreak
Oh, and by the way, I'm pretty sure the ones on the shelf were the new SKU's that include the controller gloves... the boxart looked slightly different from the one I have from last fall.
SHUTupNrocK8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#17 SHUTupNrocK8
Member since 2006 • 18346 Posts

Oh, and by the way, I'm pretty sure the ones on the shelf were the new SKU's that include the controller gloves... the boxart looked slightly different from the one I have from last fall.REVOLUTIONfreak

Those Wii "Gloves" are so stupid, they look so big annoying. What were ya there for? A New game?

HyruleanLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 HyruleanLink
Member since 2005 • 5221 Posts
Oh, and by the way, I'm pretty sure the ones on the shelf were the new SKU's that include the controller gloves... the boxart looked slightly different from the one I have from last fall.REVOLUTIONfreak
I haven't seen a box for the glove. I do find lots of 360s and PS3s on the shelf.