What's up? No Nintendo game Collector's Editions?

SHUTupNrocK8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

User Lists: 0

#1 SHUTupNrocK8
Member since 2006 • 18346 Posts

Well, the title says it all. I'm kind of mad because the Xbox 360, PC, and some PS3 games come with Collector's Edition with purcahse, but Nintendo Wii doesn't. Like Halo 3 Collector's Edition, coming with a beautiful tin, extra Dvd with gamer pics and themes, and a nice extra hardback booklet. There many more games that comes in Collector's Edition such as Oblivion, Bioshock, Gears of War, Lost Planet, Call of Cuty 4, Battlefield 2 (PC), and so on.

I mean, wouldn't be nice to have the big releases for the Wii to have some Collector's Edition with purchase, say like only $10 more like Halo 3 and such. They could of did it with Metroid Prime 3 and especially Legend of Zelda: Twighlight Princess. LoZ could of came with a nice tin, with say with a Link figure, a booklet telling the tale of the Twighlight Princess (Example Oblivion's Booklet with a mideval look,) a poster, etc. Wouldn't it be nice to get a beautiful Tin with extra content with Super Mario Galaxy? With stars, plants, and of course Mario on the tin. They could include an actual Super Mario real coin, poster, and a booklet with all the plants, enemies (w/ they're origins,)and bosses.

I guarantee people would go after the Collector's Editions of the Mario Franchise, especially Galaxy. I know I would. Now, I want to hear everyone's opinion on this. Vote the poll and say what you have to say about this topic, I would really like to hear it. I mean, I'd love to have a Collector's Edition of Super Smash Bros. Brawl! Please, vote and voice your opinion! Thanks.

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 138

#2 kbaily
Member since 2007 • 13042 Posts

I don't think Nintendo believes in special editons and honestly I think they're a waste of money and it's just companies taking advantage of gullible fanboys and seeing if gamers are stupid enough to spend extra money for a pretty box full of useless extra crap.

I know this sounds harsh by why should I pay $10-20 more for a behind the scenes DVD I'm going to probably watch once or an artbook? The minute the special editon comes out, someone's going to post all the pics from the art book online anyway so why bother? I'd rather the artwork be an unlockable extra (like in MP3).

But the one that wins the award to see what stupid gamers will buy is the Halo 3 $150 extra stupid edition as I call it. You know the one that came with the non-wearable helmet that didn't have a headset built in? My husband loves Halo but had no desire to spend a bunch of extra cash when all he wanted to do was play a game he enjoys. He also feels lucky after hearing how all those special editions got scratched up in their fancy boxes.

See when you have to pay bills, you can go blowing money on stuff like special edition games and from what I've seen, they've rarely been worth it. Mostly it's $10-20 more for a pretty box along with either a DVD or art book. Really the $150 wasted on that Legendary Halo 3 edition could've been used to buy another game or two.

Thank you Nintendo for not cluttering up my games with various versions filled with extra crap I don't want.

ihateelvis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 ihateelvis
Member since 2006 • 2380 Posts
I don't mind special editions, sometimes they can be interesting to buy if you like the series, and it can generate a good source of extra income for the company releasing it. I rarely buy special editions, but one that I enjoy is Final Fantasy XII, it has a high-quality box as well as loads of extras for only ten dollars more. I don't mind putting out a meager amount of extra cash for a game I'm highly interested in.
shoeman12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 shoeman12
Member since 2005 • 8744 Posts
i would pay an extra $10 or so for the extra stuff.
Grunt_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Grunt_Lord
Member since 2004 • 951 Posts
I really think they should do special editions of their game franchises, and i honestly can't see a reason why they wouldn't if there are people willing to pay for those special editions.
Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#6 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts
I don't really care. Collector's editions are gimmicks anyway, I can find dozens of better ways to spend $10.
bededog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#7 bededog
Member since 2005 • 8579 Posts
Nintendo has never believed in collectors editions. They make one version of a game and leave it at that.
Agreb91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#8 Agreb91
Member since 2005 • 7169 Posts
Nintendo should have collectors editions of their games.
Blazing2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Blazing2007
Member since 2007 • 1276 Posts
I'd like to see a collectors edition for games like mario, LOZ, ect. but like others said, nintendo doesn't believe in collectors editions.
SHUTupNrocK8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SHUTupNrocK8

I don't really care. Collector's editions are gimmicks anyway, I can find dozens of better ways to spend $10.REVOLUTIONfreak

:lol: You have the GoW Collectors. I only have the Halo 3 Collectors. And I can think of things to buy with the extra $10, but it's only $10? People waste like $5 or more on crap food at fast food places, and waste it on senseless crap. What's the big deal, I'd like a Collector's Edition Mario Game. It would go nice with my collectables, especially if there ever was a real super mario coin out there. I pray that they have a Collector's Edition for Resident Evil 5! I'll pay any price they have it marked!

gameman9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gameman9
Member since 2004 • 5949 Posts

I don't really care. Collector's editions are gimmicks anyway, I can find dozens of better ways to spend $10.REVOLUTIONfreak

I feel the same.

REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 REVOLUTIONfreak

[QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"]I don't really care. Collector's editions are gimmicks anyway, I can find dozens of better ways to spend $10.SHUTupNrocK8

:lol: You have the GoW Collectors. I only have the Halo 3 Collectors. And I can think of things to buy with the extra $10, but it's only $10? People waste like $5 or more on crap food at fast food places, and waste it on senseless crap. What's the big deal, I'd like a Collector's Edition Mario Game. It would go nice with my collectables, especially if there ever was a real super mario coin out there. I pray that they have a Collector's Edition for Resident Evil 5! I'll pay any price they have it marked!

Like the extra DVD of content I could easily find on the internet isn't senseless? I think of it like this, $10 could buy me either 1/3 of a DS game, 1/5 of a Wii game, or one month of Xbox Live AND a bottle of soda to boot.
SHUTupNrocK8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SHUTupNrocK8

Like the extra DVD of content I could easily find on the internet isn't senseless? I think of it like this, $10 could buy me either 1/3 of a DS game, 1/5 of a Wii game, or one month of Xbox Live AND a bottle of soda to boot.REVOLUTIONfreak

Do you think they will have a Resident Evil 5 Collectible for the 360?

REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 REVOLUTIONfreak

[QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"] Like the extra DVD of content I could easily find on the internet isn't senseless? I think of it like this, $10 could buy me either 1/3 of a DS game, 1/5 of a Wii game, or one month of Xbox Live AND a bottle of soda to boot.SHUTupNrocK8

Do you think they will have a Resident Evil 5 Collectible for the 360?

Yes... but what does that have to do with Nintendo's lack of collector's editions? :?
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#15 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts
I don't think Nintendo likes to do Collectors Edtions to much
HyruleanLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 HyruleanLink
Member since 2005 • 5221 Posts

[QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"]I don't really care. Collector's editions are gimmicks anyway, I can find dozens of better ways to spend $10.SHUTupNrocK8

At Target they are doing a collector's coin edition for Galaxy if you preoder. I wouldn't mind collector's edition. I would play an extra bucks for something like Zelda for sure and Mario. As mentioned, Nintendo isn't big on this stuff.
lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18042 Posts
I woudn't mind a special edition Zelda game :P.
murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 murlow12
Member since 2005 • 11109 Posts
I don't mind if they add it, but I'm not buying it. Games are already expensive enough.
supersonic49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19 supersonic49
Member since 2007 • 3129 Posts
The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition should suit me fine for now but I wouldn't mind if they added some stuff so I just didn't vote.
SHUTupNrocK8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SHUTupNrocK8

At Target they are doing a collector's coin edition for Galaxy if you preoder. I wouldn't mind collector's edition. I would play an extra bucks for something like Zelda for sure and Mario. As mentioned, Nintendo isn't big on this stuff.HyruleanLink

They're doing that at bascially every game trailer including EB games, Gamestop, Best Buy, Target, Curcuity City, etc.

HyruleanLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 HyruleanLink

[QUOTE="HyruleanLink"] At Target they are doing a collector's coin edition for Galaxy if you preoder. I wouldn't mind collector's edition. I would play an extra bucks for something like Zelda for sure and Mario. As mentioned, Nintendo isn't big on this stuff.SHUTupNrocK8

They're doing that at bascially every game trailer including EB games, Gamestop, Best Buy, Target, Curcuity City, etc.

I realized that Thursday walking by Gamestop in the mall. Sweet coin, but they will be in circulation.
SHUTupNrocK8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SHUTupNrocK8

I realized that Thursday walking by Gamestop in the mall. Sweet coin, but they will be in circulation.HyruleanLink

How so?

HyruleanLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 HyruleanLink

[QUOTE="HyruleanLink"] I realized that Thursday walking by Gamestop in the mall. Sweet coin, but they will be in circulation.SHUTupNrocK8

How so?

:oops: I wasn't thinking straight. I didn't mean like money. I was figuring that people will be buying and selling them. I was thinking that they would be easy to come by. I hope so because I am not getting the game until around Christmas. I have to finish my current games before buying a new game.
SHUTupNrocK8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SHUTupNrocK8
[QUOTE="SHUTupNrocK8"]

[QUOTE="HyruleanLink"] I realized that Thursday walking by Gamestop in the mall. Sweet coin, but they will be in circulation.HyruleanLink

How so?

:oops: I wasn't thinking straight. I didn't mean like money. I was figuring that people will be buying and selling them. I was thinking that they would be easy to come by. I hope so because I am not getting the game until around Christmas. I have to finish my current games before buying a new game.

I hope I get the Coin :). I'm going to pick my Super Mario Galaxy up on the 13th after work (12pm.)