REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 0

#1 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts
Considering Gamespot gave this game an 8.5, and IGN gave it a 9.0, it seems like this underhyped game flew a bit under the radar. So, in that case, how many of you are planning on picking up Zack and Wiki? For $40 I don't see why not...
ThePrince8605

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 ThePrince8605
Member since 2004 • 12523 Posts
what type of game is it? i keep hearing about it and i was looking for a game to tide me over until smgs release.
Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 REVOLUTIONfreak
what type of game is it? i keep hearing about it and i was looking for a game to tide me over until smgs release.ThePrince8605
It's an adventure/puzzle game. You use the remote as a "point and click" mechanic, and you solve tons of different puzzles along your adventure.
ThePrince8605

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ThePrince8605
is there any fighting? nunchuck use?
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 REVOLUTIONfreak
is there any fighting? nunchuck use?ThePrince8605
Remote only I think. As for fighting I don't know... I'm not very informed about this game to be honest. Read the reviews, that'd be my suggestion.
bededog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#6 bededog
Member since 2005 • 8579 Posts
is there any fighting? nunchuck use?ThePrince8605
It uses the Wiimote only. There isn't really any fighting. It's more of a puzzle game with an adventure coating. It's really all about using the Wiimote to control the items, environment, etc to get through the levels.
ThePrince8605

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ThePrince8605

i may rent it...i am ver spairing with my cash lately, saving up for november.

mario galaxy and assasins creed.....

ihateelvis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 ihateelvis
Member since 2006 • 2380 Posts

Well, are the puzzles difficult? Because from the looks of it it seems to be aimed at a younger audience, and knowing Nintendo these days who knows how easy the puzzles could be.

I doubt I'll be getting this game, it doesn't pique my interest at all.

Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#9 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts

I might get this game later on in the year but not now. Guitar Hero III is my top priority

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#10 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts
No my type of game but 8.5 is a good score I think this might appeal to a younger audicence but the Wii does seem to be getting some really good games now.
kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 138

#11 kbaily
Member since 2007 • 13042 Posts

Zack and Wiki is a sort of point and click adventure full of well thought out puzzles and unique Wii-mote uses. It uses the cell shaded toon style of Wind Waker and for a Wii game it looks very well done.

Itis a little cutesy and the character's voice sounds can be a little irritating however the game has been garnering great reviews. IGN gave it a 9.0 and GI and GS gave it 8s which is good. It also proves that third party developers can make fun and unique Wii games that aren't shovelware ports or mini-game collections. Hopefully other developers will learn from Capcom's example.

Some worry Zack and Wiki will be like Viva Pinata: sadly ignored because it's too cute for older gamers and too complicated for kids however the Wii does have a broader audience of kids than the 360 does and honestly I may have to at least rent this because the more videos I see, the more interesting it looks.

I'm not one of these shallow minded gamers with the idea that "if a game's cartoony, it sucks!" There are plenty of game that aren't full of blood and gore that can be fun for any age. Like Pixar movies.

Zack and Wiki is definitely worth a rent.

REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 REVOLUTIONfreak

Well, are the puzzles difficult? Because from the looks of it it seems to be aimed at a younger audience, and knowing Nintendo these days who knows how easy the puzzles could be.

ihateelvis
According to the review it isn't overly easy, and the challenge is "just right". Since Alex just came off of the review of PH which featured tremendously easy puzzles, I'd say that the puzzles can be relatively challenging.
bededog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bededog

ihateelvis

The puzzles can be tough at times. IGN had to delay their review because they got stuck in the game. And while it does have a cell-shaded look along the lines of Wind Waker it doesn't mean it's necessaryly just for kids. The puzzles are good and the gameplay is there. It doesn't have the greatest story or character models or voice but it's still a good game. And it isn't made by Nintendo, it's Capcom.

REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 REVOLUTIONfreak
[QUOTE="ihateelvis"]

bededog

The puzzles can be tough at times. IGN had to delay their review because they got stuck in the game. And while it does have a cell-shaded look along the lines of Wind Waker it doesn't mean it's necessaryly just for kids. The puzzles are good and the gameplay is there. It doesn't have the greatest story or character models or voice but it's still a good game. And it isn't made by Nintendo, it's Capcom.

So I take it you'll be picking this up then?
bededog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 bededog
[QUOTE="bededog"]

REVOLUTIONfreak

So I take it you'll be picking this up then?

If you call getting it for Xmas "picking it up" then yes, yes I will. >__>

Blazing2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Blazing2007
Member since 2007 • 1276 Posts
I'm not much of a fan of puzzel games, but i may rent it
Phantom5800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 Phantom5800
Member since 2006 • 10200 Posts
I'm asking for it for Christmas, my family is very sparing with money even though some of them work for Boeing and Microsoft >_> and from the sounds of it the game is great. If anyone else watches The WiiCast on gametrailers, then you would have seen the review where he said it can get brutally difficult later on in the game.
SHUTupNrocK8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#18 SHUTupNrocK8
Member since 2006 • 18346 Posts
I'm tricking my sister into getting this game for Christmas :P.
supersonic49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19 supersonic49
Member since 2007 • 3129 Posts
Considering Gamespot gave this game an 8.5, and IGN gave it a 9.0, it seems like this underhyped game flew a bit under the radar. So, in that case, how many of you are planning on picking up Zack and Wiki? For $40 I don't see why not...REVOLUTIONfreak
I'll probably get it for Christmas.
ThePrince8605

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ThePrince8605

I'm tricking my sister into getting this game for Christmas :P.SHUTupNrocK8

youre a sick man....but also a genious....

HyruleanLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#21 HyruleanLink
Member since 2005 • 5221 Posts
I'm tricking my sister into getting this game for Christmas :P.SHUTupNrocK8
:lol: Very devious of you. The game looks good and hear the puzzles are challenging somewhat. Probably rent it first.
SHUTupNrocK8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SHUTupNrocK8

:lol: Very devious of you. The game looks good and hear the puzzles are challenging somewhat. Probably rent it first.HyruleanLink

She's getting two crappy DS games for Christmas, why not get something I'll play with her?

HyruleanLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#23 HyruleanLink
Member since 2005 • 5221 Posts

[QUOTE="HyruleanLink"] :lol: Very devious of you. The game looks good and hear the puzzles are challenging somewhat. Probably rent it first.SHUTupNrocK8

She's getting two crappy DS games for Christmas, why not get something I'll play with her?

Got to have the two-player game.:) Just curious, what are the two DS games?
SHUTupNrocK8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SHUTupNrocK8

Got to have the two-player game.:) Just curious, what are the two DS games?HyruleanLink

Hannah Montana and a Rollercoaster game :|. Shes a casual game and buys into crappy 3rd party games. I can't to play LoZ:PH and she said it looks stupid.

thebisonx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 thebisonx
Member since 2003 • 2203 Posts
Picked it up a couple weeks ago and it's great. Fully recommended!