davidsworld3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 0

#1 davidsworld3
Member since 2010 • 3523 Posts

I hate it when a games main character is weak it sorta just takes away from the experience for me.

I also dont like it when they design a game that will have you being killed over and over, and forced to hide and avoid enemies because you are not given any weapons...I know why they did it for the tension but I've never liked that bit in the horror games these days I get bored of this gameplay, it's why I have never been able to beat any of those games like amnesia or outcast.

I'm not saying it's bad as I said in my other topic but I just dont feel like this is the horror game we have been waiting for this next generation, I still feel kojima's silent hills will more likely be that game.

Carcrafter7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Carcrafter7
Member since 2005 • 432 Posts

@davidsworld3: I am only at ch 2 currently have not had a lot of time to play this game. But on that note do you not understand what survival horror means? It means you have limited ammo and you can't kill everyone in the game because of supplies.

You sometimes have to avoid danger because your not superman your just a cop. How did you expect him to take on a chainsaw wielding phsycho with no weapons who is a hell of a lot bigger then him?

Also he seems capable with firing his pistol and knifing enemies while sneaking. It just sounds like you don't like survival horror type games. This and Alien Isolation are perfect games of the genre.

JamesHarperA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By JamesHarperA
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

**MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS**

I haven't had this much fun in a single player game in a long time. It took a little bit to adjust to, but after chapter 4, I'm currently enjoying this game the way I had hoped I would all along. The running out of ammo is not nearly an issue as I had feared it would be after Chapter 3. I wish I had realized sooner, that using the environment to my advantage can go a long way to conserving ammunition. The fight in Chapter 3 would have been a lot less hectic had I taken note of my surroundings (lighting bails of hay on fire, etc). Chapter 4 opened my eyes and you'll see why if you make it there.

The hooded man triggers a cut-scene and you're faced with a horde of guys. Some rather big, some quick and small. I set up the killing field before I knew it was coming, (flammable containers placed at the bottom of the stairs and near the door). When the mobs started coming over the railing, I lobbed a grenade at their feed. Immobilizing a few of them and giving me time to retreat to the left, where I jumped the railing. I pulled the lever which shot spears into a few of them who tried to make their way over the same railing to attack me. I then ran in the door and up the stairs to wait. They burst in to the door below me and I waited until they approached the first gasoline container at the bottom of the stairs, I put a single round into the can setting 3 of them on fire. Two more burst through the other door and I fired another round into the second gas can. It roasted the last of my opponents and needless to say, there was ammo left around that I couldn't even pick up because I hadn't upgraded any of my stuff yet.

This game has me excited to keep playing and definitely more interested now than I was before.

davidsworld3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 davidsworld3

I just dont like it when they completely take away your chance of surviving though thats all I'm saying. I have been playing horror games since I was a kid and so far I have had my best experiences in those times than in todays, not because I'm older and tougher but because the genre really hasn't gotten better with time. I'm tired of having to hid in a locker as an enemy that can kill me in one hit slowly goes by.

I just dont feel this game does it better than lets say resident evil 2 or the first 3 silent hill games, all of them have puzzles but the older silent hill and re games never took away your guns at least not at the very beginning and the characters were typically a lot more interesting especially James Sunderland from silent hill 2.

If the main character you play as had more character and showed a little more emotion thats realistic to the situation I'd probably play it more but I have only really played the first chapter. It just doesn't scream keep playing over and over.

I'll get into it but it's just not one of those games I'd have fun just playing by myself.

Avatar image for deactivated-57bcc1891a93a
deactivated-57bcc1891a93a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5 deactivated-57bcc1891a93a
Member since 2010 • 1284 Posts

@JamesHarperA: lol sounds awesome. That reminds me of a level in Alan Wake, but better. i'll certainly keep playing despite performance problems, luckily they've been minimal.

Carcrafter7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Carcrafter7
Member since 2005 • 432 Posts

@davidsworld3: fair enough. It seems from other players that you get more ammo and guns in ch. 4. I'm on the beginning of ch 3 and only have about 9 rounds for my pistol and that is from sneaking and stealth killing

hxce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 593

#7  Edited By hxce
Member since 2006 • 2099 Posts

I know what you mean. The opening scene of this game was just so off putting. I mean all charachters seem poorly designed and the voice acting is sometimes awful. I'm still enjoying the game though, I love the setting even though the gameplay is clunky. But Resident Evil 4 was clunky too. Still a decent game. It's just that nothing in this game really have any meaning in the end if both the story and presentation is bad. It's just another horror game.

EnochRoot69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8  Edited By EnochRoot69
Member since 2013 • 33 Posts

Trade in bin beckons

http://www.gamespot.com/the-evil-within/user-reviews/2200-12616552/

davidsworld3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 davidsworld3

Yeah I have yet to actually get past that chainsaw dude I got bored of dying or him finding me when I wasn't even in the same point of view as him was behind a wall.

Mostly the reason is I'm addicted to getting more loot form Destiny and haven't really cared to play this. Hopefully soon I will just push myself to playing it but thats the problem it did not present itself in a way that made me go WOW this is freaking cool like the real silent hill games did, I still remember how scared I was playing silent hill 2 for the first time when I was 13 I had to turn it off before I even got to the first enemy lol man those were the days!

This game does not do that for me, and the fact that bullets will be so rare is disappointing for me personally, I know this is survivor horror but ti's not fun when it's so hard to kill something that you are forced to play the sneaking game, thats just not what I want in a horror game, I want my character to be tough and resourceful without these gimmicky hid e in a closet while the enemy passes by since you cant even hurt it.

hxce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 593

#10  Edited By hxce
Member since 2006 • 2099 Posts

@davidsworld3:

Do you mean that you're still stuck in the opening scene? You have to get past that, despite all the negative things about this game it actually grows on you as you play it. But I guess were all spoiled by Silent Hill and the old shool Resident Evil (Pre-4). Supplies were rare on those games too if you played on the right difficulty. The problem isn't the forced sneaking, it's how they done the sneaking itself. What I mean is that the stealth mechanic in this game is broken.

And about Destiny, all I have to say about that is. RNG gets old quickly.